Odds on next manager

DB-14

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I think stendel is the kind of guy that would really hit it off with McPhee and sound like they both want to play expansive modern football.

Yes please

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I think stendel is the kind of guy that would really hit it off with McPhee and sound like they both want to play expansive modern football.

McPhee’s reputation grows by the minute. He’ll be the Dalai Lama next.

Coburg Hearts
37 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Both would walk into the starting 11 just now incidentally.

They were gems in my book, especially Miko. Loved him.

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

They were gems in my book, especially Miko. Loved him.

Played the game like they genuinely enjoyed it, before all the madness that followed.  Pre Andy Davis, Miko was different class.

Coburg Hearts
26 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I would assume it will involve bows and arrows

What did they do in the stone age, I wonder? Starve them out?

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

would give us the trickery and width we need. 

Richard Dick Gordon could get his racism refreshed and updated, too. 

Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

Richard Dick Gordon could get his racism refreshed and updated, too. 

yeah, xenophobic pr1ck. Wonder if his career would’ve survived if he said similar today.

15 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I want a modern positive youngish manager with no fear of the ugly sisters. If these 2 are interested let’s stretch the budget as these guys would be worth it 

The way stendel comes across in interviews is that he concentrates on what his team does and not on what the opposition are doing.

Italian Lambretta
Just now, Castle rock said:

Don’t know if mentioned but sky saying Steve cotterill has spoken to us today

Yes it was just announced by Jim White on sky sports. 

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McPhee’s reputation grows by the minute. He’ll be the Dalai Lama next.

I was a sceptic about McPhee getting the SD job but hes definitely saying the right things.

Coburg Hearts
5 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Played the game like they genuinely enjoyed it, before all the madness that followed.  Pre Andy Davis, Miko was different class.

That was another total disgrace. The media crucified him for that and his dive against Scotland. Not that any good Scottish laddie had ever dived before. (Apart from the self same game, that is)

Left a bad taste in my mouth that has never went away.

43 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Guess it depends whether the criteria is recent success.  Magath’s done feck all for 10 years.

That's true and the criteria should also include the character of the person.  Donald Trump has been a successful person but I wouldn't employ him to wash dishes.

Magath's character may be questionable.

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

That was another total disgrace. The media crucified him for that and his dive against Scotland. Not that any good Scottish laddie had ever dived before. (Apart from the self same game, that is)

Left a bad taste in my mouth that has never went away.

Couldn't have helped hearing the Tartan Army boo your national anthem because you were one of the 4 Hearts players in the Lithuanian squad that day. It wasn't all the media. 

Siphiwe Tshabalala
57 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Asked for and put a fiver on him early on.   Should have held back and let the odds increase, as he is now 100/1. 

B4611408-D066-48AB-AFED-BADDA0DC3F37.png

Was passed this on early afternoon (after posting in the Holloway thread myself!) but I think it’ll be rubbish, he’s been relatively decent before with his info.

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Couldn't have helped hearing the Tartan Army boo your national anthem because you were one of the 4 Hearts players in the Lithuanian squad that day. It wasn't all the media. 

No arguments from me on that.

Edited by Coburg Hearts

27 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I want a modern positive youngish manager with no fear of the ugly sisters. If these 2 are interested let’s stretch the budget as these guys would be worth it 

I tend to agree, but guaranteed the west coast meegia will co-erce any new coach into saying how powerful the old firm are.... and should he disagree, I guarantee he will be ridiculed daily in our press and any credibility he has will be torn to shreds by our football hacks and pundits

Edited by jbee647

4 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Was passed this on early afternoon (after posting in the Holloway thread myself!) but I think it’ll be rubbish, he’s been relatively decent before with his info.

He ticks the big name box, but not the experience.    His Oldham gig was strangely short.  A fall out, I think. 

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

I tend to agree, but guaranteed the west coast meegia will co-erce any new coach into how powerful the old firm are.... and should he disagree, I guarantee he will be ridiculed daily in our press and any credibility he has will be torn to shreds by our football hacks and pundits

We're even mocked for having aspirations to play in the Europa cup.

Just now, Paolo said:

He ticks the big name box, but not the experience.    His Oldham gig was strangely short.  A fall out, I think. 

Apparently Scholes was promised money to bring in new players, but the funds were not forthcoming and he resigned.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I was a sceptic about McPhee getting the SD job but hes definitely saying the right things.

Jesus Christ :rofl:

Our football club has spent three years “saying the right things.” If football came down to talking a good game we’d be winning everything. Unfortunately our lot (and I include McPhee is this as an integral part of the coaching staff) never deliver on what they say.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Jesus Christ :rofl:

Our football club has spent three years “saying the right things.” If football came down to talking a good game we’d be winning everything. Unfortunately our lot (and I include McPhee is this as an integral part of the coaching staff) never deliver on what they say.

We don’t know how much control CL had over ever every aspect of the football, maybe when he is completely gone we’ll get some truth.

MarkDevriesScores4

I can’t see Paul Scholes taking any job in Scottish football and certainly not at a wage that Hearts would be able to afford but I can tell you now, I’d take him in a minute.

Arguably more successful than Stevie G at Rangers and he’d have the command of the dressing room through respect alone. His experience in football is better than anyone we’ll end up getting And imagine the revenue stream boost from the attention he’d bring. 

anyway, I’m gonna wake up and have ma cornflakes and wait for MacPhee to get announced 😂

Edited by MarkDevriesScores4

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I can’t see Paul Scholes taking any job in Scottish football and certainly not at a wage that Hearts would be able to afford but I can tell you now, I’d take him in a minute.

Arguably more successful than Stevie G at Rangers and he’d have the command of the dressing room through respect alone. His experience in football is better than anyone we’ll end up getting And imagine the revenue stream boost from the attention he’d bring. 

anyway, I’m gonna wake up and have ma cornflakes and wait for MacPhee to get announced 😂

arguably? I’d it not something like 12-0 in titles? He’s definitely been more successful than stevie G, better player as well.. however , I don’t fancy him to be a better manager.. 

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

arguably? I’d it not something like 12-0 in titles? He’s definitely been more successful than stevie G, better player as well.. however , I don’t fancy him to be a better manager.. 

maybe not. Don’t think he’s as personable as Stevie but if he was looking for an opportunity at hearts I’d take him. I did think Cathro was gonna be a decent appointment though so what do I know hahahahaha 

36 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

So did cathro!!

Agreed. Almost word for word what Cathro said.

I'm not anti-McPhee at all but anyone can talk about attacking football, showing no fear and where we should be in the league and Europe.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

agree with this. Gerrard will turn out very decent

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

Steve Cotterill being interviewed tommorow.

Saw Barry Anderson tweeting about contact from Hearts. Not on any betting list I've seen.