• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

48 minutes ago, AB291 said:

Ian Holloway admits he's open to the prospect of managing in Scotland as both Hearts and Hibs search for a new manager. (The Athletic)

Would love this just for the laughs 

MarkDevriesScores4
6 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

What if he had started Naismith, Walker and Uche and the 3 of them are burst balls by the end of the 1st half and we are 1 down? He'd get ripped on here for taking risks and giving us no chance in the second half. We were doing fine, the tactics were as clear as day and we were 1 minute from 0-0 at half time, which with a full strength team we would have taken. 2 brain farts later from senior players and we are 2 down. 

I'm.not advocating him for the job, but judging on the Rangers game then saying the St Mirren counts as nothing is nothing but agenda driven nonsense. 

I'd like Standel for manager 👍 

We competed well against the same rangers team 2 weeks previously. Might have been an idea to look at that and follow suit rather than starting with a striker who hadn’t played in over 6 months, zero width on a wide pitch and no height upfront. 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Would love this just for the laughs 

I remember the grief he used to give everyone for his perceived bias towards bigger clubs. Him getting stuck into the Sfa and refs would be outstanding.

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Robbo now 4/1!

He's come in significantly this morning Frank. On the one hand imagine him winning something as manager on the other I couldn't bear things turning sour for my footballing hero. Conflicted. 

Absolute Scenes

I wouldn't be unhappy with Robbo as manager...but then I don't want anyone associated with hearts to get the job because of how much a legend he is, I wouldn't want that tarnished

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Jodami said:

He's come in significantly this morning Frank. On the one hand imagine him winning something as manager on the other I couldn't bear things turning sour for my footballing hero. Conflicted. 

Exactly how I feel. Could be a genius turnaround or a depressing end for a legend

10 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I think he would do a good job at Hearts,wether he is the answer is hard to say.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
12 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Skybet at noon

Austin MacPhee

11/10

John Robertson

5/1

Neil Warnock

5/1

Steve Robinson

6/1

David Moyes

10/1

This list is giving me the fear tbh

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I am good pals with a stalwart Inverness fan, fairly grounded and supportive, suggesting they are going backwards, and that shouldn't really be the case.

He may not be there much longer off his own steam, which I would think is unfair (hugely biased of course).

Its a no for me, I would have a break down with Robbo being abused, should not happen

Robbo would be a very enthusiastic manager but I don't think he would be right for the club. He's infectious, determined and everything you'd want but to move forward, we need a fresh input from outside Scotland and the old firm goldfish bowl. We need someone to come in with no fear of the arse-cheeks . He did well in his six months as manager last time, loved when he booted Czaba Laszlo's arse in the Murrayfield tunnel against Fenerbace in 2004/5 euro campaign but what's needed is someone to look at the bigger picture and change the scary old firm mentality that has ruined Scottish football for what is now a few decades.

24 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Skybet at noon

Austin MacPhee

11/10

John Robertson

5/1

Neil Warnock

5/1

Steve Robinson

6/1

David Moyes

10/1

Moyes at 10s and openly said he'd not interested!

42 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

We competed well against the same rangers team 2 weeks previously. Might have been an idea to look at that and follow suit rather than starting with a striker who hadn’t played in over 6 months, zero width on a wide pitch and no height upfront. 

Had we attempted the same high press at Hampden that we deployed at Tynie then the majority of our team wouldn't be able to run the length of themselves come half time.

Not saying we got it right but a carbon copy of the tactics from 2 weeks before wouldn't have worked either

Edited by Ribble

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I am good pals with a stalwart Inverness fan, fairly grounded and supportive, suggesting they are going backwards, and that shouldn't really be the case.

He may not be there much longer off his own steam, which I would think is unfair (hugely biased of course).

Its a no for me, I would have a break down with Robbo being abused, should not happen

Inverness are going backwards because of a lack of finances and huge cost cutting measures. Could be argued that Robbo has them over achieving under the circumstances.

JamboCampbell

Would take Robertson over most other linked.

Although Warnock would be class atleast until the end of the season on a rolling deal. Would certainly bring a lift to the whole club and make Tyne a feared place again. The players probably suit his style of play too.

Moyes clearly isnt happening but he would have been first choice.

either of these 3 would be good!

38 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

This list is giving me the fear tbh

51 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Skybet at noon

Austin MacPhee

11/10

John Robertson

5/1

Neil Warnock

5/1

Steve Robinson

6/1

David Moyes

10/1

How the hell is McPhee even getting a mention in the betting ?

Sky News have just mentioned 3 candidates them being McCann, Ross & Robinson.

The sooner we get someone in the better.

Austin MacGlee
9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

MacPhee won't get it. No chance. 

And in the unlikely event he does I will hand my season ticket back.

34 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

Would take Robertson over most other linked.

Although Warnock would be class atleast until the end of the season on a rolling deal. Would certainly bring a lift to the whole club and make Tyne a feared place again. The players probably suit his style of play too.

Moyes clearly isnt happening but he would have been first choice.

either of these 3 would be good!

You can see this coming where we end up with 3 average candidates and it’s a matter of  “Well he’s the best of that final 3”.

19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

High calibre manager ? Money isnt really a problem to an extent ??seeing what's on the list  fans will be beginning to wonder ???

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Feel exactly the same 👍🏻

If Robbo had no Hearts connections then no-one would consider him for the Hearts job in a million years based on his managerial record.

Hearts legend and I wish him all the best at ICT but definitely not the right choice.  

3 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

If Robbo had no Hearts connections then no-one would consider him for the Hearts job in a million years based on his managerial record.

Hearts legend and I wish him all the best at ICT but definitely not the right choice.  

My thoughts as well, would hate to see him fail like Levein and get barracked on here, he a Legend, keep it that way!

Edited by allyby

Austin MacGlee
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

And in the unlikely event that happens, let us know when the handover is taking place so we can come along and applaud your gesture.

Will do 😘

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

DANIEL STENDEL PLEASE!!

Have you ever witnessed a Daniel Stendel team play,  out of curiosity 

31 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Poster with ***** MacPhee Avatar threatens to hand in his season book if Austin actually gets the job.  You can't make this place up.

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Have you ever witnessed a Daniel Stendel team play,  out of curiosity 

Yes,a few times.Have relatives down near Barnsley. 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

High calibre manager ? Money isnt really a problem to an extent ??seeing what's on the list  fans will be beginning to wonder ???

Most fans will understand that the bookies list isn't our short list. 

Does the manager come before the Sporting Director?  Been discussing this all day at work, surely we need to the SD/DOF in place first?  Maybe I am being stupid, don't know anymore.

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Self awareness? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Does the manager come before the Sporting Director?  Been discussing this all day at work, surely we need to the SD/DOF in place first?  Maybe I am being stupid, don't know anymore.

Ann said that was preferable / Likley. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Most fans will understand that the bookies list isn't our short list. 

I hope not , think wel know soon enough who's coming in "

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Anoeta said:

Yours is the more accurate description!! I think Carlisle were going alright until he rolled into town. 

No doubt they will be fine again under a better manager.

So Iooking at the  last few posts 

Austin SD

Robbo Manager 

Levein floating around doing who knows what ? 

Yep def not doing  it on the cheap , best candidates for the job and all that malarkey or alternatively. 

HOLY ****........! 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Skybet rules are that it includes a ‘caretaker’ taking 10 games or more so if we didn’t appoint someone in a month, the bookies would pay out even if we still appointed someone else.