Odds on next manager

DB-14

Just now, Randy Marsh said:

That's what some will resort to when losing an argument.

Do you think saying someone is like a broken record is an aid to your argument or is it something you need to resort to when you're losing?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Al seems unable to separate the fact we all realise injuries have had a brutal impact and the fact we should have done better regardless.. even better if he’s had signed dross like Clare and Wighton and Vanecek

Good.

Don’t think these odds mean anything. Noticed that John Kennedy is favourite on skybet for hibs job but everyone keeps saying that it is definitely Jack Ross

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Good.

We have still been able to field better teams than our opponents most weeks Al.  Fact is, we’ve looked like a confused, unmotivated bunch of individuals, and have purchased and repeatedly selected players who aren’t fit to wear the shirt.. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

We have still been able to field better teams than our opponents most weeks Al.  Fact is, we’ve looked like a confused, unmotivated bunch of individuals, and have purchased and repeatedly selected players who aren’t fit to wear the shirt.. 

I'm not too sure that is true tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Reckon we should get Graham Alexander as manager and Gary Naysmith as sporting director, then swap them about randomly and see if anyone notices

images.jpeg

Graham-3.jpg

😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Reckon we should get Graham Alexander as manager and Gary Naysmith as sporting director, then swap them about randomly and see if anyone notices

images.jpeg

Graham-3.jpg

😂😂

hearts 4 the cup
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

If Austin gets the SD  rule it will be nothing short of an utter embarrassment and a nail in the coffin for Ann I'm afraid . 

She has to put personal loyalty out the window and select the best candidate . It's not about her it's about the club . She nearly destroyed her legacy with the Levein fiasco I hope she's learned her lesson . 

I see things completely different, if we don’t keep McPhee on in some capacity it’ll be a travesty 

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not too sure that is true tbh. 

If that’s the case then we’ve signed badly, becuase we’ve been able to field Pereira, Halkett, Berra, Smith, Washington, Meshino, Whelan, Mulraney, Clare, Damour, Uche fairly regularly.. and that lot alone will be on 2,3, 4 5 times the wages of the opposition outside the top 4 (excluding ourselves)

rudi must stay
15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂

Naysmith looks tireder and angrier

But ofcourse you never know what a few years at Hearts will do for you

I’m in the keep McPhee camp, genuinely believe he is an asset to the club and we will begin to see that now that the stubborn Levein is not involved with the first team. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If that’s the case then we’ve signed badly, becuase we’ve been able to field Pereira, Halkett, Berra, Smith, Washington, Meshino, Whelan, Mulraney, Clare, Damour, Uche fairly regularly.. and that lot alone will be on 2,3, 4 5 times the wages of the opposition outside the top 4 (excluding ourselves)

We've not fielded them regularly at all. 

Not too mention niggles, March fitness and getting Continuaty. 

I think you know that tho. 

I also don't agree with your maths. 

And if going on maths like you are, the only club we should 100% be above is Killie. 

Aberdeen, hibs and ourselves failed on that last season. 

I agree. 

This season is not finished, nor was it when CL was sacked. 

Anyway, old ground. 

I think a team gets better when it's better players are fit and available. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I’m in the keep McPhee camp, genuinely believe he is an asset to the club and we will begin to see that now that the stubborn Levein is not involved with the first team. 

I agree,a respected SD and a young motivated manager along with Austin and get rid of the dead wood like Daly,Fox and Gallagher,maybe get Gordon in as player coach...

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Naysmith looks tireder and angrier

But ofcourse you never know what a few years at Hearts will do for you

Him in  3 years. 

Hackett.jpg

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I agree,a respected SD and a young motivated manager along with Austin and get rid of the dead wood like Daly,Fox and Gallagher,maybe get Gordon in as player coach...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Daly, don't know why, but just not. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

It's a weird one with MacPhee. It would all feel a bit "meh" but if he'd never been at Hearts and he was a candidate now, a lot of us would be yelling to snap him up with that CV. 

Exactly 

40 minutes ago, Bozi said:

images.jpeg

Graham-3.jpg

That’s creepy. :laugh2:

Wouldn’t mind the pair of them at full back mind you! 

6 minutes ago, Wolf said:

I don't post very often but after listening to BBC sport tonight, Willie Miller is an ignorant, slavering arsehole. Really embarrassing fud.

Well, you should. Factually correct posters on here are a dying breed! 😁

McPhee is definitely the messiah.

It stands to reason,  one league win, a home game, against the worst team in the League when coincidentally 2 key players return from injury 

Doooooh.........

Worth remembering that A McPhee is about to spend a week with Stoke's new manager.  I would think his career prospects might be discussed...

20 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

McPhee is definitely the messiah.

It stands to reason,  one league win, a home game, against the worst team in the League when coincidentally 2 key players return from injury 

Doooooh.........

Is the coincidence that they return to fitness as soon as Levein leaves?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Bozi said:

images.jpeg

Graham-3.jpg

Looks like gary naismith 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You think we would have gone backwards with all these players available?    Incredible!

Just to have Naisy alone back in the team would have made a difference this season and last.

Then look at some of the posts on here after Saturday re the 2 goals lost.  Folk screaming for a CD pairing of Souttar and Halkett!

The decline started the day levein made huge mistake of appointing cathro that's a fact

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The decline started the day levein made huge mistake of appointing cathro that's a fact

Or when folk decided Neilson was shan

18 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Is the coincidence that they return to fitness as soon as Levein leaves?

Are you trying to win the stupidest question of the year award??

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Or when folk decided Neilson was shan

Looking back now with benefit of hindsight surely a lot of them would think robbie was doing good job

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Looking back now with benefit of hindsight surely a lot of them would think robbie was doing good job

You would like to believe so, most would never admit it 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

He was but you have to see it in the context of where we were. People were looking for us to kick on and it felt a little like we were standing still (first world problems, I know). He’d lost a bit of the crowd’s faith and his handling of that cup tie against Hibs should haunt him forever.

As for McPhee, I cannot believe the fecking slack that loser is being given. Honestly unreal.

29 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Its embryo though was not biting Rudi's hand off when he wanted to return for a 3rd stint after working hard for our survival.

Sorry Craig, never forgive you for that.  And please don't apologisers say he was offered a position of tea boy for the U 10s.

I think it would be a mistake giving mcphee a long term deal as manager. At best, put the managerial appointment on hold for now, give him until xmas and see how he does.

It would also be interesting to see how he would do without Naismith in the team. We're a completely different team with him in. Was Saturdays win down to mcphee or Naismith? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Paulp74 said:

I think it would be a mistake giving mcphee a long term deal as manager. At best, put the managerial appointment on hold for now, give him until xmas and see how he does.

It would also be interesting to see how he would do without Naismith in the team. We're a completely different team with him in. Was Saturdays win down to mcphee or Naismith? 

Why put it on hold for now? :rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
44 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He was but you have to see it in the context of where we were. People were looking for us to kick on and it felt a little like we were standing still (first world problems, I know). He’d lost a bit of the crowd’s faith and his handling of that cup tie against Hibs should haunt him forever.

As for McPhee, I cannot believe the fecking slack that loser is being given. Honestly unreal.

Money spinner will haunt us all until we kick on 

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

All good positive points. The most important thing is how much influence he’s had in the shambles we’ve had to suffer for most of the last three years. Some say not much influence and others reckon he’s been practically running the show. Find it difficult to make up my mind about him tbh.

Do you really think CL would let anyone run the show? Not being a smart arse. 🙂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Fourcandles said:

Can someone remind me what was our league position when Robbie left....?

We were 2nd but both Rangers and Aberdeen had games in hand

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think one of the reasons mcphee is with us is as a potential successor to Levein as an DoF or now SD. It wouldn’t be a surprise and his background makes him a very strong candidate. If he hadn’t come to us he’d be doing Malky MacKay’s role at the SFA and probably doing it much better.

No point in trying to be logical.

A lot of people just want a clear out of coaches associated with Craig Levein.

It's called throwing the baby out with the bathwater. 

I have no idea if Austin McPhee is the best candidate for either job but if he wasn't already at Tynecastle he would be working at Hampden doing a similar job to our SD position.

All these names that people keep mentioning no one can say that any of them are guaranteed to be a success.

It's just bitching and negativity for the sake of it with some people.

1 hour ago, Fourcandles said:

Are you trying to win the stupidest question of the year award??

You'll need to do a bit better than that if you want to win.

55 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Why put it on hold for now? :rofl:

As opposed to giving it to mcphee, it turning out to be a bad choice and then we're stuck with the same old shitty football for the next 3 years.

I’ve read so many names being mentioned all of who are unimpressive I’m beginning to think ...... perhaps we already have the correct person on the books! Certainly in terms of knowledge, experience and pragmatism he looks head and shoulders above many!

Perhaps with a defined narrow role of first team manager the correct fit might be Craig Levein?! 

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Tom Hardy’s Dug

McPhee and his contact book already has some of the biggest European teams bringing their youth teams to Oriam next year for a tournament, building relationships with these clubs, Man City the N Irish lads.

I cant see why people would say he brings nothing to the club.

He has international, club and FIFA connections.

If he was German and involved in their set up with those connections we’d be frothing at the gash for him to be involved at the club if he declared an interest.

It's ok going for a high profile manager.  But how likely are we going to keep him for. Need a manager that wants stability and to build a team.

Byyy The Light
3 hours ago, Bozi said:

images.jpeg

Graham-3.jpg

Hahahaha! Great shout 

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don't agree and nor do the results.

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Wonderful

11 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

I completely agree