Odds on next manager

DB-14

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think we are now a few steps ahead of them now on that front

For a couple of years they gambled their cup run takings on wages but I do think we pay more now.

Think you're correct and once we've finished completely our new stand aswell as pay off Mrs Budge we'll have far money money to invest in the football side

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

5 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Patience ! Mrs Budge did say could take 4 to 6 weeks to complete 

Which is a ridiculous amount of time because any decent managers will be snapped up while Ann Budge dithers.

14 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Former Scotland internationals Dougie Freedman and Graham Alexander have emerged as candidates for the vacant Hearts job.

The pair are in the running to succeed Craig Levein at Tynecastle as legendary German manager Felix Magath and Billy Davies also threw their names into the ring.

Freedman and Alexander are both currently in jobs but Jambos owner Ann Budge has been made aware of their interest in the Gorgie gig.

Freedman was hot favourite when the job was last available after Ian Cathro was axed and was on a five-man shortlist before pulling out of the race after being named sporting director at Crystal Palace.

The 45-year-old, who has had three stints as a boss at the Eagles, Bolton and Nottingham Forest, is still in that role at Selhurst Park but is keen to return to management.

Budge, who has had more than 30 applications, is stepping up the hunt for a new boss this week with a new sporting director also in the pipeline.

Freedman & Alexander are just not good enough ok.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Who are you expecting us to go for?

I've answered this question many times. Where have u been. Let's be positive and go for a high profile experienced manager and not hear the likes of u saying we couldn't afford him or he wouldn't come to Hearts.

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Which is a ridiculous amount of time because any decent managers will be snapped up while Ann Budge dithers.

No what would be ridiculous is rushing and appointing wrong person and have to sack him after few months then back to square one 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The Sporting Director won't be appointed until he completes his international duty. 

Once he returns next week he will sit with his boss and select candidates to meet with. 

Perhaps someone in for Rangers December 1st

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

The Sporting Director won't be appointed until he completes his international duty. 

Once he returns next week he will sit with his boss and select candidates to meet with. 

Perhaps someone in for Rangers December 1st

Very poor show if true...jobs for the boys.

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No what would be ridiculous is rushing and appointing wrong person and have to sack him after few months then back to square one 

Ann Budge took months the last time and messed up in fact Cathro makes it 2 mistakes. She could take 3 months and get it wrong.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Ann Budge took months the last time and messed up in fact Cathro makes it 2 mistakes. She could take 3 months and get it wrong.

By appointing McPhee as sporting director next she will be making another mistake. Start afresh, better candidates out there that can help us move forward as a club.

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I've answered this question many times. Where have u been. Let's be positive and go for a high profile experienced manager and not hear the likes of u saying we couldn't afford him or he wouldn't come to Hearts.

Give us a realistic example then?

I’ve not got enough free time to keep up with all the ranting and raving on here!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Very poor show if true...jobs for the boys.

Not in my opinion,  where he should always have been 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Not in my opinion,  where he should always have been 

Not wanting an argument but what qualifies him for the SD role over anyone else?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

By appointing McPhee as sporting director next she will be making another mistake. Start afresh, better candidates out there that can help us move forward as a club.

Ones that UEFA and FIFA employ?

Doubt there's a better qualified candidate we could afford or who has studied football more broadly. 

I'm going to trust the multiple sources who have employed Austin MacPhee 

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Can't disagree with you past appointments but that's the past and we've got to move on and hope Mrs Budge gets these 2 appointments spot on 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Ones that UEFA and FIFA employ?

Doubt there's a better qualified candidate we could afford or who has studied football more broadly. 

I'm going to trust the multiple sources who have employed Austin MacPhee 

Fair enough,just want us to get away from this 'jobs for the boys' culture.we need to show a bit of ambition and set our standards higher.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Not wanting an argument but what qualifies him for the SD role over anyone else?

His over reaching knowledge of football globally,  his inside knowledge of our club, his employment by Mexico and Northern Ireland,  the trust that someone like Michael O Neill has placed in him, his ability to talk the business of football and sell our club 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Can't disagree with you past appointments but that's the past and we've got to move on and hope Mrs Budge gets these 2 appointments spot on 

IMO if she appoints mcphee as sporting director it's another poor decision. Another "we had the right man for the job already here"pish.

Most fans in my opinion wanted a Levein's Boot Room clear out and if McPhee stays on with the likes of Daly & Fox many of us will feel cheated and incompetent coaching staff are being retained because Ann is out of her depth.

Just now, mitch41 said:

Most fans in my opinion wanted a Levein's Boot Room clear out and if McPhee stays on with the likes of Daly & Fox many of us will feel cheated and incompetent coaching staff are being retained because Ann is out of her depth.

Couldn't agree more.

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Sports director is mostly an admin role imo. Get structure in place, stay on top of running various structures, but primarily a logistics job. Don't see it as a fit for MacPhee.

In fact just give McPhee the sporting director job and Daly the manager job and stop getting our Hope's up that we might be targeting people who will take us to the next level.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Do I want him at Hearts...probably not. Would I care if he was employed as SD...probably not. As whoever we employ as manager's more vital, at this moment in the season.

Austin's well regarded in footballing circles by various authorities. He could walk into a job tomorrow in all fairness. I'd be surprised if Hearts is the sum total of his future ambition. I don't believe it is.

I think hes a shoe in for the sporting directors job.

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

IMO if she appoints mcphee as sporting director it's another poor decision. Another "we had the right man for the job already here"pish.

Agree ! In my opinion we got to be looking outwards to fill these 2 positions and then let the new head coach decide Austin Macphee future at hearts 

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

In fact just give McPhee the sporting director job and Daly the manager job and stop getting our Hope's up that we might be targeting people who will take us to the next level.

They two  ? Next level 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Do I want him at Hearts...probably not. Would I care if he was employed as SD...probably not. As whoever we employ as manager's more vital, at this moment in the season.

Austin's well regarded in footballing circles by various authorities. He could walk into a job tomorrow in all fairness. I'd be surprised if Hearts is the sum total of his future ambition. I don't believe it is.

I would hope he has higher ambitions than us.

Motivation to do well to get the dream job.

That's how it works 

Just now, Hectormasson said:

They two  ? Next level 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Prepare to be disappointed. Probably wont be the high profile we are expecting. 

8 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Prepare to be disappointed. Probably wont be the high profile we are expecting. 

Alternatively just wait and see what happens before pissing your pants. There will be plenty of time for that after a shite appointment.  Just a suggestion

11 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Alternatively just wait and see what happens before pissing your pants. There will be plenty of time for that after a shite appointment.  Just a suggestion

Doesnt matter if I do it now or later...I still will be.

I'm sick of Barry Anderson of the Evening News saying people like Mad Felix, Alexander & Freedman are after the Hearts job. Just tell us if we have a high profile experienced quality manager wanting the job. The Sun and Record put every tom dick and harry forward because they don't care so let's have names that fit Hearts remit.

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I'm sick of Barry Anderson of the Evening News saying people like Mad Felix, Alexander & Freedman are after the Hearts job. Just tell us if we have a high profile experienced quality manager wanting the job. The Sun and Record put every tom dick and harry forward because they don't care so let's have names that fit Hearts remit.

C'mon Mitch, don't be shy.

You reckon there are plenty of big names out there.

Just give us 3 examples for SD and 3 for Manager. (realistic ones)

PS - I'm disappointed you've retired from football management.

12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

They are all high profile or experienced or quality though?

24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

C'mon Mitch, don't be shy.

You reckon there are plenty of big names out there.

Just give us 3 examples for SD and 3 for Manager. (realistic ones)

PS - I'm disappointed you've retired from football management.

Oh come on. Ah well here we go.

Hughton

Adkins

Warnock

McClare

Weir

Anderton

Question: Is Lee Darnbrough out of the running ?

Edited by mitch41

26 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

What a stupid post

17 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

What a stupid post

It's a point of view. JKB is about posters posting their views. Try and get over it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Oh come on. Ah well here we go.

Hughton

Adkins

Warnock

McClare

Weir

Anderton

Question: Is Lee Darnbrough out of the running ?

McClair apparently was not very at the SFA.

Poor communication skills and often looking as if he had climbed out of the skip

54 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Doesnt matter if I do it now or later...I still will be.

If you do it now and the appointment is decent, (Stranger things have happened), you've wasted yer pish.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Can you see into the future? How can you possibly say it will be a mistake? He is sought after by FIFA and NI and is probably suited to a director role rather than management