Odds on next manager

DB-14

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Perhaps she should. Jkb was telling her to sack Levein about 18 months ago

JKB wasn't. 

The majority was in favour just this season. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Genuine question, could this feasibly be the last managerial appointment made before we all have a say? 

Eh? 

Maroon Sailor
21 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Genuine question, could this feasibly be the last managerial appointment made before we all have a say? 

20191110_002106.jpg

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

FOH referendums for every major decision?

At a bargain £1 per entry, we would generate millions in income 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Eh? 

Let me put it another way ...If it’s a good managerial appointment then it could feasibly be the last one AB makes before her tenure runs out 

1 minute ago, Queensland Jambo said:

At a bargain £1 per entry, we would generate millions in income 

£1 equals 1 vote , £10 equals 10 votes etc... imagine the lunacy we would end up with

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

3 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Let me put it another way ...If it’s a good managerial appointment then it could feasibly be the last one AB makes before her tenure runs out 

That's two completely different things?

Fair cop yeah, I’m starting to realise that, sincerely regret the flippancy of original comment and appreciate it laid me open to ridicule.

As I said it was intended merely as an aside amidst all the speculation as to who it will be. That it had only just dawned on me that this may be the last time a managerial appointment is made by AB alone. 

(Departs debate somewhat sheepishly and retreats to BET365 online).

apologies 

Edited by cocobeab

2 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Fair cop yeah, I’m starting to realise that, sincerely regret the flippancy of original comment and appreciate it laid me open to ridicule.

As I said it was intended merely as an aside amidst all the speculation as to who it will be. That it had only just dawned on me that this may be the last time a managerial appointment is made by AB alone. 

apologies 

😂

Former Scotland internationals Dougie Freedman and Graham Alexander have emerged as candidates for the vacant Hearts job.

The pair are in the running to succeed Craig Levein at Tynecastle as legendary German manager Felix Magath and Billy Davies also threw their names into the ring.

Freedman and Alexander are both currently in jobs but Jambos owner Ann Budge has been made aware of their interest in the Gorgie gig.

Freedman was hot favourite when the job was last available after Ian Cathro was axed and was on a five-man shortlist before pulling out of the race after being named sporting director at Crystal Palace.

The 45-year-old, who has had three stints as a boss at the Eagles, Bolton and Nottingham Forest, is still in that role at Selhurst Park but is keen to return to management.

Budge, who has had more than 30 applications, is stepping up the hunt for a new boss this week with a new sporting director also in the pipeline.

Edited by CJGJ

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Former Scotland internationals Dougie Freedman and Graham Alexander have emerged as candidates for the vacant Hearts job.

The pair are in the running to succeed Craig Levein at Tynecastle as legendary German manager Felix Magath and Billy Davies also threw their names into the ring.

Freedman and Alexander are both currently in jobs but Jambos owner Ann Budge has been made aware of their interest in the Gorgie gig.

Freedman was hot favourite when the job was last available after Ian Cathro was axed and was on a five-man shortlist before pulling out of the race after being named sporting director at Crystal Palace.

The 45-year-old, who has had three stints as a boss at the Eagles, Bolton and Nottingham Forest, is still in that role at Selhurst Park but is keen to return to management.

If true and if Freedman was allegedly offered the job or at least approached then he must be a, if not the, front runner.

5 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

What pile would mccann,mcphee and robbo be in?

McPhee would be in the trash bucket while McCann & Robbo would be in the sorry I’m afraid the answer is no.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

McPhee would be in the trash bucket while McCann & Robbo would be in the sorry I’m afraid the answer is no.

Bit harsh on McPhee. McCann fair enough but what's wrong with Robbo? Proven coach, great motivator, knows and loves the club, did well with us before, younger than Steve Clarke so a decent age for an experienced manager. Not exactly the "name" some seem to think we can get, but he would be a very low risk appointment, much less risky than the likes of Robinson or Ross.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Let’s just pre-empt any possible negative outcome in the future here. The main priority is that the SD will need to get along with the new manager and there should critically under no circumstances be any role tension between the two.

48 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Dougie Freedman, Graham Alexander and Billy Davies are all keen on the job apparently 

Loads of experience there " at least the genuine candidates are being mentioned now" 

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I really hope so 

18 minutes ago, Barack said:

Reads to my meagre brain at least, that Austin's after the SD role, rather than the main job at Hearts. Going by his EEN interview.

Likes buzzwords, and name dropping. 

He will probably get it...another disappointment and another "we had the right man here in front of us"pish.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

JKB wasn't. 

The majority was in favour just this season. 

The majority aren’t very bright then.

12 minutes ago, jambo-fletch said:

Alexander would be interesting. Seems to have a fairly decent record

Seems to suffer from getting a side promoted and then being sacked for a poor start to their next season. Which is harsh. 

Could be an interesting one.

9 hours ago, sadj said:

£1 equals 1 vote , £10 equals 10 votes etc... imagine the lunacy we would end up with

It’d be difficult to compete with the lunacy of Craig Levein retaining his job for as long as he did!

Can’t see us being able to afford Alexander or Freedman. 

However if we could

Alexander - Yes - Decent record as a manager. Passionate, would put a bit of fire back into the team. Would be happy with that appointment.

Freedman - As Manager - No - His record as a manager is pretty poor. Starts off quite well then form takes a nosedive so no thanks.

Davies - Feck right off. Odious little turd. Would rather have CL back in charge than that little gobsh1te

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The majority aren’t very bright then.

The majority thought similar to Budge. 

Make of that what you will. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, cocobeab said:

apologies 

Makes sense. 

Hopefully correct, if not it probably means we got relagated this season. 

🤔👍

When is this recruitment circus over? When is the final day for applications? I am expecting nothing from Budge so will not be downbeat when she rolls out the best candidate to make her look good.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

When is this recruitment circus over? When is the final day for applications? I am expecting nothing from Budge so will not be downbeat when she rolls out the best candidate to make her look good.

Patience ! Mrs Budge did say could take 4 to 6 weeks to complete 

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

All three are bang average candidates 

So they are.

Give the job to McPhee he’s well above average.

:laugh:

Not sure what some folk are after to be honest . Guys who have managed at a decent level down south will have had a failure or two otherwise they wouldn't be interested. 

Managers who have only managed at a lower level than hearts might not make the step up.

Either way it''s always a punt.

16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Surely the best candidate to make her look good will also be the best candidate. Everybody wins?

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Not sure what some folk are after to be honest . Guys who have managed at a decent level down south will have had a failure or two otherwise they wouldn't be interested. 

Managers who have only managed at a lower level than hearts might not make the step up.

This.

Anyone less than Ferguson, Klopp, Guardiola are below average and not good enough.

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The process is to pick a new SD and football manager and not your made up nonsense about enhancing her status. 

PaulHartley10

If you look down the betting list there isn't many names you could look at and say 'they'll come in and change the way play'.

McClair or Wotte with Adkins or Stendel is about it.

12 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

If you look down the betting list there isn't many names you could look at and say 'they'll come in and change the way play'.

McClair or Wotte with Adkins or Stendel is about it.

Stendel for me.

For something that`s supposed to dealt with confidentially stuff like this always gets leaked out. Press speculation or does someone within Tynie have a big mouth? Anyway all good fun.

Vlad the impaler

Said at the start I’d quite fancy Freedman,had a decent reputation building before ending up at basket case forest! Apparently was a shoe in last time til Palace offered him a job

9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

We're suddenly ok for Freedman? Piss off! 

😁

Possibly more interested now that CL is not in charge ??

2 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Said at the start I’d quite fancy Freedman,had a decent reputation building before ending up at basket case forest! Apparently was a shoe in last time til Palace offered him a job

This is why he should not even get an interview.

The Old Tolbooth
16 hours ago, Bauld said:

Chris Houghton still my number one choice but I think that might be aiming too high.

Ian Holloway and Paulo Sergio would also be on my list.

I stuck a cheeky fiver on Holloway at 33s on Sunday, you never know, I can't see anyone of the first 3 or 4 in the betting getting the gig so you're looking at odds of 6/1 upwards for the next Hearts manager, and I just took a wee punt. 

59 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'm actually quite surprised at some of the suggestions that have seen people turning up their noses.