• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

WheatfieldWarrior
11 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Interesting that both us and hibs are looking for managers at present. Fork in the road-we better get the preferred guy because we’re the bigger more successful club after all.

That and Ron will want to pay their next manager in magic beans.

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

polwarthjambo

Steve clarke would be perfect - would give him an out aswell. If we’re thinking former players then Neil McCann and paul Hartley can surely be dismissed as they were both shown to be out of their depth at dundee. Neither can seem to communicate or deal with players. Former players (in order of preference) for me would be: Robbo (love that man), Lee Johnson, Grant Murray, David Weir or gary naysmith 

Dagger Is Back

Gordon Strachan some say? The mans a dinosaur. Didn’t play Griffiths because he wasn’t tall enough to defend set pieces.

Aye OK Gordon.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Gordon Strachan some say? The mans a dinosaur. Didn’t play Griffiths because he wasn’t tall enough to defend set pieces.

Aye OK Gordon.

It would be funny if we replaced one old-school, ex-Scotland manager, snarky wind-up merchant with a penchant for big men up front with another!

7 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Aye OK Gordon.

"Dinosaur" definitely the most used word on kickback relating to the clubs search for a new manager. Appears to be buzz word

7 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Aye OK Gordon.

I don’t think he is all that great. 

He is also a dick   

Horatio Caine
9 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

Indeed, fits her criteria to a tee. If money for compensation isn’t an issue then I don’t see getting him from Dundee United being a problem. I’m sure there would be some unhappy people with the appointment but I think we could do far worse than Strachan. Genuinely think he’d do a great job but do also think he’d prefer Hibs over us. 

I do see it as a problem - due to the fact that he doesn't work for them!

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I don’t think he is all that great. 

He is also a dick   

He’s also a scamp and a cheeky chappy.

8 hours ago, polwarthjambo said:

Steve clarke would be perfect - would give him an out aswell. If we’re thinking former players then Neil McCann and paul Hartley can surely be dismissed as they were both shown to be out of their depth at dundee. Neither can seem to communicate or deal with players. Former players (in order of preference) for me would be: Robbo (love that man), Lee Johnson, Grant Murray, David Weir or gary naysmith 

Probably way too unrealistic, but if we are

talking former players then Vincent Guerin would be worth looking at.

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, J80MBO said:

"Dinosaur" definitely the most used word on kickback relating to the clubs search for a new manager. Appears to be buzz word

Probably because it accurately sums up the approach of the guys being touted for the job.

God forbid we end up with a guy like Strachan. 

Shanks said no

Skybet favourites noon Tuesday 

(unless there is a leak this is unlikely to be of use)

Steve Robinson

4/6

Jack Ross

7/2

Roy Keane

5/1

David Moyes

8/1

Austin MacPhee

9/1

John Robertson

12/1

Brighton Jambo

Shelley Kerr is 20/1 - I could see Ann fancying that and setting a new direction.  

That is not intended as a dig at AB at all more an observation that if anyone would she would .  

18 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Shelley Kerr is 20/1 - I could see Ann fancying that and setting a new direction.  

That is not intended as a dig at AB at all more an observation that if anyone would she would .  

I wouldn’t mind this appointment but she would have to get results pretty quickly to stop the inevitable from certain elements of the support 

2 minutes ago, R08813 said:

I wouldn’t mind this appointment but she would have to get results pretty quickly to stop the inevitable from certain elements of the support 

2 minutes ago, R08813 said:

She would be a terrible appointment. Was tactically lacking in the world cup. Phil Neville manages at one of the top nations in the women's game and he too is a very limited manager.

Haringshairband
16 minutes ago, R08813 said:

:rofl: No chance. She doesn't have the experience.

13 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:
Steve Robinson 4/6
Jack Ross 7/2
Roy Keane 5/1
David Moyes 8/1
Austin MacPhee 10/1
John Robertson 12/1
Andy Kirk 14/1
Neil McCann 16/1
Gary Holt 20/1
Gary Naysmith 20/1
Michael O'Neill 20/1
Paul Hartley 20/1
Scot Gemmill 20/1
Shelley Kerr 20/1
Steven Pressley 20/1
Henrik Larsson 22/1
Lee Bullen 22/1
Nathan Jones 22/1
Robbie Neilson 22/1
Aidy Boothroyd 25/1
Ally McCoist 25/1
Chris Sutton 25/1
Daniel Stendel 25/1
Darren Fletcher 25/1
Malky Mackay 25/1
Owen Coyle 25/1
Paul Scholes 25/1
Chris Coleman 28/1
Ian McCall 28/1
Jon Daly 28/1
Steve Watson 28/1
Aitor Karanka 33/1
David Obua 33/1
Jose Gomes 33/1
Juho Mäkelä 33/1
Mike Newell 33/1
Neil Harris 33/1
Tony Pulis 33/1
Alex Neil 40/1
George Burley 40/1
Stuart McCall 40/1

Is Burley even a realistic shout?

11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

She would be a terrible appointment. Was tactically lacking in the world cup. Phil Neville manages at one of the top nations in the women's game and he too is a very limited manager.

I cannot see what extra value she would add but that's just a hunch. 

To be fair to her however we were put out of the WC on new rule technicalities eg hand to ball penalty against England and Keeper Alexander adjudged (rightly) to be off her line at a penalty.  Wafer thin margins, I'd say.

I don't think England are as good as they're cracked up to be.

Bazzas right boot

51 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Nah. 

I wouldn't have a problem with her as a coach, but not as manager. 

She's not experienced enough. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Barney in at 20-1

13 hours ago, polwarthjambo said:

The last time we took the manager of the national team. It ended in tears.

Would bite your hand off for Alex Neil. Can't see him leaving Preston though.

And on further reading, it appears he's just turned down Stoke and signed a new contract. Currently second in the Championship too, so forget I said anything.

Have they got those odds from here? 

I posted David Obua as a laugh on the Manager Poll thread, and there he is now with odds of 33/1.  :rofl:

That's gangsta 🇺🇬

Edited by tian447

6 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Was the pro Moyes lot that started the dinosaur chat. Been chatting to a lot of my mates about this all aged between 25 - 33 and not one wanted the "dinosaur". All would be happy with Robinson or Ross. I'd say Ross will end up in the echo dome and Robinson to Hearts. 

Edited by clark963

Hampden Demolition

Neil Redfearn has just left Newcastle under 23s. Had a spell at Barnsley, Leeds and Rotherham. No someone I would be happy with but I expect he will he linked with both ourselves and Hibs over the next few days.

Edited by Hampden Demolition

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Neil Redfearn has just left Newcastle under 23s. Had a spell at Barnsley, Leeds and Rotherham. No someone I would be happy with but I expect he will he linked with both ourselves and Hibs over the next few days.

Left after a bust up with a member of his coaching staff.

6 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Seems a strange one and a bit sudden

Local rag says says disagreement with academy coach.

Does he have something lined up?

Edited by JamboAl

37 minutes ago, clark963 said:

Was the pro Moyes lot that started the dinosaur chat. Been chatting to a lot of my mates about this all aged between 25 - 33 and not one wanted the "dinosaur". All would be happy with Robinson or Ross. I'd say Ross will end up in the echo dome and Robinson to Hearts. 

Doubt either will happen, Hibs job just too much of a risk for Ross after a perceived failure at Sunderland, he'd need a bucketload of cash to fix that squad and they don't have it. Not sure that even if we did want Robinson that he would come here, seemingly he wouldn't be a fan of the 'traditional' element of our support.  

3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Shelley Kerr would be a disaster and totally unacceptable. It would be akin to appointing a manager from the Junior Leagues.

9 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Doubt either will happen, Hibs job just too much of a risk for Ross after a perceived failure at Sunderland, he'd need a bucketload of cash to fix that squad and they don't have it. Not sure that even if we did want Robinson that he would come here, seemingly he wouldn't be a fan of the 'traditional' element of our support.  

Re the traditional element.  I bet he would jump at the chance to manage at ibrox. 

15 hours ago, DH1986 said:

We actually haven’t given the succession model a go yet....we haven’t promoted from within once since Neilson made the step up.

The succession model presupposed that continuity of approach was desirable. Since few of us want more of the same going forward I suggest this idea is scrapped right now

20 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Re the traditional element.  I bet he would jump at the chance to manage at ibrox. 

it'd be much more likely that he would jump at the chance to manage in the east end of glasgow

Peter Grant assisted by James McFadden!  Peter has loads of experience as a coach, wears his heart on his sleeve and has loads of good experience from England too.  He's a winner and he hates losing.  Both have EPL experience and were part of the Scotland set up until recently and will have extensive contacts throughout the game.  Faddy would be able to provide great experience to our strikers!!

Clean slate with no previous Hearts baggage too!

2 minutes ago, Monsignor said:

Peter Grant assisted by James McFadden!  Peter has loads of experience as a coach, wears his heart on his sleeve and has loads of good experience from England too.  He's a winner and he hates losing.  Both have EPL experience and were part of the Scotland set up until recently and will have extensive contacts throughout the game.  Faddy would be able to provide great experience to our strikers!!

Clean slate with no previous Hearts baggage too!

Trying to get the support onside by appointing one of the most despised oppostion players ever to set foot in Tynecastle. What could possibly go wrong. Have either EVER managed a club? Not happening

Edited by Jamhammer

39 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Shelley Kerr would be a disaster and totally unacceptable. It would be akin to appointing a manager from the Junior Leagues.

She wouldn't be in my top 3 but she has her badges, she's passed the exams so she clearly knows her stuff 

3 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

She wouldn't be in my top 3 but she has her badges, she's passed the exams so she clearly knows her stuff 

So did Ian Cathro and he had more experience than her.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So did Ian Cathro and he had more experience than her.

He didn't, I understand some may feel threatened by the thought of another woman taking leadership at Hearts but I think if called upon she would do a decent job

3 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

He didn't, I understand some may feel threatened by the thought of another woman taking leadership at Hearts but I think if called upon she would do a decent job

:wtf:

2 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

Shelley Kerr’s managed the University of Stirling men’s team. Junior level.

Ian Cathro had coached at Dundee Utd and was Assistant at Rio Ave, Valencia and Newcastle Utd. 

I think he has miles more experience in professional football than Shelley Kerr tbf.

Just nah. It would be a honking appointment and it would be purely based on her gender rather than anything she’s actually done in football. 

56 minutes ago, davieholt said:

The succession model presupposed that continuity of approach was desirable. Since few of us want more of the same going forward I suggest this idea is scrapped right now

Why would you just scrap it ?

What up and coming coming coach is going to choose us knowing we’d have no intention of promoting him ?

We’ve already shown that if we don’t think a coach is ready for the step up then he’s overlooked. 

It’s exactly the same with youth players.....if they aren’t good enough to make the step up they don’t get promotion to the first team squad or a new deal. We don’t just stop signing youths.

No point in closing  door just because some supporters don’t understand how it works.

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

What up and coming coming coach is going to choose us knowing we’d have no intention of promoting him ?

We’ve already shown that if we don’t think a coach is ready for the step up then he’s overlooked. 

It’s exactly the same with youth players.....if they aren’t good enough to make the step up they don’t get promotion to the first team squad or a new deal. We don’t just stop signing youths.

No point in closing  door just because some supporters don’t understand how it works.

What  up and coming coach wouldn’t come to hearts if he knew he wasn’t; going to be promoted?

Very few assistants  or coaches in top flight football become the manager.

42 minutes ago, Ribble said:

it'd be much more likely that he would jump at the chance to manage in the east end of glasgow

Probably, but he wouldn't refuse the ibrox job and the salary that comes with it because of their traditional support. I might be wrong because he is a man of principle.  Being from NI might mean you're right as well.  Not due to him supporting Celtic but because he's sick of all that.  

J.T.F.Robertson
30 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

No more experiments, please and thank you.

23 minutes ago, Heriot_jambo said:

Put it this way, if she was a man she wouldn’t even be quoted.

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The model has proven unsuccessful so it should be scrapped. No reason people can’t be promoted if they are performing well but you don’t need to have a formal commitment to it.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Put it this way, if she was a man she wouldn’t even be quoted.

If she was any good,  she wouldve got a job on the back of her Stirling uni job.  Was she any good at that? As someone said, no more experiments. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What  up and coming coach wouldn’t come to hearts if he knew he wasn’t; going to be promoted?

Very few assistants  or coaches in top flight football become the manager.

4 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

The model has proven unsuccessful so it should be scrapped. No reason people can’t be promoted if they are performing well but you don’t need to have a formal commitment to it.

We have never made any promises to promote from within.

If that was the case the neither a Cathro nor Levein would been our last two managers. 

Nor would we be advertising for a replacement for CL.

You pair want to close a door that doesn’t require closing.

Just now, DH1986 said:

We have never made any promises to promote from within.

If that was the case the neither a Cathro nor Levein would been our last two managers. 

Nor would we be advertising for a replacement for CL.

You pair want to close a door that doesn’t require closing.

I don’t want to close any doors. I just don’t believe any promising young coach would knock back Hearts because he wouldn’t get promoted. It’s the norm not to be promoted.