• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

46 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Actually that was an edited clip of the Kay Burley rant, I didnt't want to link the one I had seen earlier as it was a Facebook link and I assumed the Youtube one was in full. Take your pick of thr half dozen points she wanted to discuss as to which one he was running scared from

https://www.facebook.com/PeoplesMomentum/videos/701198197031137/?t=72

Yes, she did mention that she had quite a few questions to ask him, so as you say, take your pick.

Lets be honest, if your a conservative voter yer teams pish!

Tories havent done anything right in the last 2 years and it's getting worse by the day.

Good for them.

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Aye, and a tourist sympathiser too!

Is that foreign tourists?

I can sympathise with them as well.

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Labour should be ten points ahead. Not behind.

I'm sorry Jeremy Corbyn supporters but most people just don't like him.

I dont think his wife even likes him...

The White Cockade

Any half decent Labour leader would have won the Theresa May election

but nobody wants to vote for Corbyn to take over with his entourage of nutters

and he won't win this election

The tories current lot of MP's are absolutely horrendous and with most of the moderates

leaving the Party or standing down it means more  Boris supporters replacing them

So we are going to have a far more right wing anti working class privatise the NHS Government in a few weeks

then Corbyn will probably resign or be pushed when it is too late and he has destroyed his party

Trump and Bojo in charge of the Western World

You couldn't make it up

Sad times

Francis Albert
22 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Really hope that comes back to haunt him by him losing his seat in the election. These kind of people are so out of touch with ordinary people i that its  clear as day they dont give a feck about ordinary hard working people..  Him and his kind are the real enemies of a better and fairer world for the many.    

74706402_413591155999837_5353586424186667008_o.jpg

Am I the only one who has a slight sympathy with Ress-Mogg here. OK I know the answer to that and of course and his comment was stupid … hardly surprisingly.

But a fire brigade spokesman responded by saying it was totally irresponsible for a senior government Minister to suggest ignoring fire brigade advice.

Most evidence to date suggests the irresponsible, or rather suicidal, action was to accept the fire brigade advice. Survivors for the most part seem to have ignored it.

32 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Any half decent Labour leader would have won the Theresa May election

but nobody wants to vote for Corbyn to take over with his entourage of nutters

and he won't win this election

The tories current lot of MP's are absolutely horrendous and with most of the moderates

leaving the Party or standing down it means more  Boris supporters replacing them

So we are going to have a far more right wing anti working class privatise the NHS Government in a few weeks

then Corbyn will probably resign or be pushed when it is too late and he has destroyed his party

Trump and Bojo in charge of the Western World

You couldn't make it up

Sad times

Buuuuuuuut if Labour had a popular leader, May wouldn't have called her disastrous election in the first place, the Tories would have retained their majority and would have pushed through a NoDeal brexit by now.

Silver linings and all that.

34 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Am I the only one who has a slight sympathy with Ress-Mogg here. OK I know the answer to that and of course and his comment was stupid … hardly surprisingly.

But a fire brigade spokesman responded by saying it was totally irresponsible for a senior government Minister to suggest ignoring fire brigade advice.

Most evidence to date suggests the irresponsible, or rather suicidal, action was to accept the fire brigade advice. Survivors for the most part seem to have ignored it.

Aii, it looks like you are the only one who has sympathy for that utter scum bag. But then again that isnt a surprise considering you get off on being controversial. 

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Aii, it looks like you are the only one who has sympathy for that utter scum bag. But then again that isnt a surprise considering you get off on being controversial. 

I don't suppose you have any substantive response to my point. Scum bag he may be but questioning whether it always make sense to obey official advice  is ok with me. 

See following police advice at Hillsborough as another example

Edited by Francis Albert

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't suppose you have any substantive response to my point. Scum bag he may be but questioning whether it always make sense to obey official advice  is ok with me. 

I do see that point of view BUT it is always easy to tell us what to do after the event

What would mogg face have said prior to Grenfell if residents had ignored advice and trouble ensued from them leaving the fire

If he had been asked he would have told us to follow the advice of the authorities and that is what happened..the advice was poor as was the communicaton and we all know what happened

He really had no need to open his mouth but he just can't help himself and that is why he is not trustworthy to be in any position of power or advice

Shanks said no

Labour deselect MPs Chris Williamson, Stephen Hepburn and Roger Godsiff

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Grenfell survivors that made it down the only stairwell in the building said that even they were lucky to get out.

Half of the emergency lights were not operating, the stairwell was filled with toxic smoke and there was only just about enough space to evacuate those that made it to the stairs.

If everybody in the building had attempted to crush down the stairs at the same time, it's probable that there would have been casualties and deaths there instead of in the flats.

"Stay Put" was solid advice in a tower with modern fire safety features.

Grenfell was a deathtrap.

Not only was the outer cladding flammable and spread the fire multiple stories upwards and downwards in a matter of minutes, there were no sprinklers, the smoke alarms were barely audible, fire doors were either missing or did not close properly, gas pipes were left exposed and not shrouded in fireproof boxing, empty voids were left between false ceilings and the floor above and all other manner of other problem existed.

As has been mentioned before, the resident's group had been complaining for YEARS that the tower was a death trap and the council went so far as to threaten them with legal action for speaking out.

Read this blog published 7 months before the fire.

https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/kctmo-playing-with-fire/

Blaming the victims or the fire service is simply lies.

The council-owned and operated housing association and the council themselves are directly to blame for the 72 deaths.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

I do see that point of view BUT it is always easy to tell us what to do after the event

What would mogg face have said prior to Grenfell if residents had ignored advice and trouble ensued from them leaving the fire

If he had been asked he would have told us to follow the advice of the authorities and that is what happened..the advice was poor as was the communicaton and we all know what happened

He really had no need to open his mouth but he just can't help himself and that is why he is not trustworthy to be in any position of power or advice

I think it is more insidious in placing the blame on 1) the fire fighters involved on the night 2) the victims

He made NO mention of the common sense of Tory London Mayor Boris Johnson closing fire stations, cutting firefighter numbers and numbers of fire engines.
He made NO mention of the common sense of aTory Council saving trivial amounts of money in a refurbishment installing fire alarms and sprinklers despite concerns of residents.
He made NO mention of the common sense of not putting ****ing flammable cladding on the outside of a high rise building.

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

In the case of both grenfell and hillsborough the authorities can only be judged after the event. 

Of course the victims should not be judged and in suggesting they should be he is acting in character.

Sympathy was the wromg word but he has a point. A slightly radical point in fact- don't trust the experts in  authority.

dobmisterdobster

JRM basically said if you home is on fire, get out.

This attack on him has nothing to do with the victims and everything to do with Labour's election campaign.

7 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

This attack on him has nothing to do with the victims and everything to do with Labour's election campaign.

*second worst take

:Aye:

dobmisterdobster
34 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Labour deselect MPs Chris Williamson, Stephen Hepburn and Roger Godsiff

Good riddance.

Well done Labour.

57 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If a firefighter tells me it is safer to stay put then I am staying put. When it comes to life or death I think i would rather listen to the professionals who should really know what they are talking about. This is not the fault of the residents of grenfell who died. They used common sense by listening to the advice they got and whole scale failures let them down. 

Reese mogg doesn't have the right to comment on this in his big ivory tower. He will never be in a situation as extreme as this so he really does not have a clue what he would do in that situation. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Tom Watson standing down as an MP and Deputy Leader of the Labour Party.

Never quite been sure about him. But he is pretty moderate and it’s a bit worrying to see how many moderate politicians are jacking it in this time.

maroonlegions
15 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Corbyn will be free to complete his hostile takeover without Watson in the picture.

Here you go , this should cheer you up.

One of your own being backed by the rest of your utter shite fest of a party.

Mind you it's not surprising that you tried to defend   an utter shite  bag of a human being , who  could not help himself , by showing his true colors , when blaming  those who died horrific deaths in Grenfell for lacking common sense.

You back a party that HAS inflicted utter misery on those less well off and in work ,the sick and mentally and physically  ill. A party that was investigated by the UN and found guilty of willful war and injustice on the poor .  

Yet you mock a man who has spoken out for the poor ,sick and mentally ill, a man who has created polices to help such people and a man who  has more human compassion and empathy in his soul than any of your cold blooded heartless  multi millionaire Tory cabinet. You condon all they stand for including their past draconian austerity war on the most needy. very manly eh..     

Edited by maroonlegions

The Tories could benefit later on if Rees Mogg has been benched.

But Johnson is vulnerable himself - more for vague waffling than being a posh bod. 

I would like a Farage v Johnson debate. Corbyn might do okay though. 

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

He might be the thinking man's **** but he's got a backbone and stands his ground when he thinks he's right. Odd then that he'd profoundly apologise for it and say that he actually meant to say almost the exact opposite?

Francis Albert
39 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Never quite been sure about him. But he is pretty moderate and it’s a bit worrying to see how many moderate politicians are jacking it in this time.

Moderate except in pursuing alleged paedophiles without any evidence

18 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Here you go , this should cheer you up.

One of your own being backed by the rest of your utter shite fest of a party.

Mind you it's not surprising that you tried to defend   an utter shite  bag of a human being , who  could not help himself , by showing his true colors , when blaming  those who died horrific deaths in Grenfell for lacking common sense.

You back a party that HAS inflicted utter misery on those less well off and in work ,the sick and mentally and physically  ill. A party that was investigated by the UN and found guilty of willful war and injustice on the poor .  

Yet you mock a man who has spoken out for the poor ,sick and mentally ill, a man who has created polices to help such people and a man who  has more human compassion and empathy in his soul than any of your cold blooded heartless  multi millionaire Tory cabinet. You condon all they stand for including their past draconian austerity war on the most needy. very manly eh..     

The guy in the middle looks pure Tory boy.  The Tories will be quick enough to demand someone else resignation for something similar.  Though every party is guilty of that.  3 apologies they have had to issue today and its only day one.  That and the Welsh secretary having to resign  How anyone could vote for a party with their values is beyond me. 

Patel is another wee shite that shouldn't have a cabinet position.  I suppose after all the resignations they've had they didn't have a choice...   despite party politics but that party I despise the most.  Cameron's last cabinet had 16 members that went to the same school as him. I've not met 16 folk from my old school since I left.  An illegitimate of a party.  

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

He's just had a book out and that must've been more lucrative.  Expect the exercise video out within six months.  That or some reality TV show.  

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

If a firefighter tells me it is safer to stay put then I am staying put. When it comes to life or death I think i would rather listen to the professionals who should really know what they are talking about. This is not the fault of the residents of grenfell who died. They used common sense by listening to the advice they got and whole scale failures let them down. 

Reese mogg doesn't have the right to comment on this in his big ivory tower. He will never be in a situation as extreme as this so he really does not have a clue what he would do in that situation. 

Fair enough

It is a difficult question

But I think.it is good for people not to accept official or expert advice umquestiomingly. As some Grenfell survivors did not.

Going back a bit if you were a steward at Hillsborough would you have accepted the police decision not to open the gates to the pitch?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

There is that

44 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Fair enough

It is a difficult question

But I think.it is good for people not to accept official or expert advice umquestiomingly. As some Grenfell survivors did not.

Going back a bit if you were a steward at Hillsborough would you have accepted the police decision not to open the gates to the pitch?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. One thing I would not do is blame the steward for not opening the gate as he listened to the advice given to him by the professionals there on the day. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. One thing I would not do is blame the steward for not opening the gate as he listened to the advice given to him by the professionals there on the day. 

Well that is where we differ. If i was a steward on the gate I hope and believe I would not have hesitated seeing people dying in front of me  to open the gates to the pitch. Whatever the advice of the "professionals".

But obviously the blame largely  lies with the "professionals". 

Edited by Francis Albert

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Well that is where we differ. If i was a steward on the gate I hope and believe I would not have hesitated seeing people dying in front of me  to open the gates to the pitch. Whatever the advice of the "professionals".

But obviously the blame largely  lies with the "professionals". 

Aii, but you still can't lay any guilt or blame onto the stewards shoulder. Imagine a scenario that if the steward opened the gates and it ultimately led to more people dying?

Imagine if the cladding system was correctly installed but everyone ignored the fire fighters advice and all piled out the building and ultimately died as a result?

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Aii, but you still can't lay any guilt or blame onto the stewards shoulder. Imagine a scenario that if the steward opened the gates and it ultimately led to more people dying?

Imagine if the cladding system was correctly installed but everyone ignored the fire fighters advice and all piled out the building and ultimately died as a result?

I said clearly I wasn't laying the blame on the stewards or fire fighters. I was suggesting that we should not absolve the police or fire brigade authorities for blame. And that it was maybe appropriate or even common sense  to ignore their advice and instructions.

Edited by Francis Albert

3 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You really are a pathetic human being aren't you