The Frenchman Returns

General Election 2019

Cade
6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

NATO summit on 3/4 December gives BJ a chance to masquerade as a statesman 

Leaders from North Atlantic Treaty Organisation member states are to gather in London in December for their annual summit.

Allied heads of state and government, including U.S. President Donald Trump, will discuss security challenges to "ensure that NATO continues to adapt in order to keep its population of almost one billion people safe", according to the organisation's Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg.

London, which was the home of NATO's first headquarters, will host the summit in the organisation's 70th anniversary year.

NATO summit will be all about Trump and him demanding more money from everybody else and generally decrying and undermining the entire organisation at every turn.

Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, Cade said:

NATO summit will be all about Trump and him demanding more money from everybody else and generally decrying and undermining the entire organisation at every turn.

Other things can happen in next 5 weeks that don't make Boris and his pals look so good. 

ri Alban
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

FTFY because they won't win in Scotland and we won't deserve to be lumbered with the pricks yet again.

2014 says different.

Ray Gin
5 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Scotland did get new powers. People who voted No expecting fiscal autonomy were naive.

I don't believe the vow was decisive in influencing the result. The vast majority of No voters did so because they didn't want Independence.

The Brexit referendum would indicate that they did so because the Tories claimed that remaining in the UK was the only way we would be guaranteed to keep our place in the EU. Look how that panned out...

Cade

Jo Swinson claims that the LibDems are "a small swing away from winning hundreds of seats"

:olly:

ri Alban
44 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

No chance of that happening.

She will be the PM with Blackford or Cherry next in line.

::facepaw:: 

Jambo, Goodbye
55 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Sorry I was agreeing with you.

On the same page :thumbsup:

The Frenchman Returns
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

Jo Swinson claims that the LibDems are "a small swing away from winning hundreds of seats"

:olly:

I find Jo Swinson’s chest extraordinarily distracting 

The Continental Op
13 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

I appreciate the effort but unfortunately tactical voting rarely works. Most people aren't bothered.

Worked well in the North East last time.

The Continental Op
8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Farage DPM :rofl: 

:jambobanana:

Independence at last!

No harder form of Brexit will pass, so it's over for him and his party. Soft-pedalling/standing aside for Tory Brexit believers and a seat in the House of Lords as a reward the likeliest outcome.

The Continental Op
2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Trivial things often influence the electorate. An English win in the RWC at the weekend could well lead to an increased sense of nationalism and a softening of floating voters attitudes towards Brexit, which would benefit the Tories. In Scotland the resurgence of Rangers has probably boosted the Unionist, pro-British vote, I'm sure I'm not alone in knowing someone who it's questionable as to what came first, their politics or their Rangers fandom.  

Looking at this objectively, Labour are not particularly attractive at the moment to the kind of voter that got them elected in 1997. The Lib Dems are not strong enough to achieve over 50 seats. It all points to a Conservative majority.

We better hope that Brexit does produce the sunlit uplands that all the available evidence suggests that it wont.

Election is on the last Europa league night, with The Rangers at home, playing at 8PM and Celtic away in Romania earlier.

Gers fans leave work-> pub->match without voting?

Edit - assumes they have jobs, obviously!

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

You get the feeling it’s happened to a few folk, I wouldn’t be rushing to use her dentist though 😱.

gjcc
21 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Deviant. You’ll probably think the thought of her on “a small swing” is mildly alluring then? :lol: 

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Cade said:

After doing some maths, it seems that at least 50 MPs from various parties are standing down and quitting politics at this election.

That's how toxic the state of UK politics has become.

My MP is standing down but only because he's about 73 years old and thinks it should be a younger person's job. 

Shame. He's been an excellent constituency MP (regardless of political party) and I doubt we'll get anyone nearly half as good. 

Cruyff Turn
3 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

No chance of that happening.

She will be the PM with Blackford or Cherry next in line.

After Independence, there will be no need for the SNP, they will have achieved their objective. 

Ron Burgundy

In keeping with recent behaviour I will not be respecting the result of the general election.

Unless my party wins.

hueyview
2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Agree.  Saw her done up in lothian road earlier this year....  Looked great  :)

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Time you got your eyes tested mate. She looks like a feckin Clydesdale with tits. 

RobboM
39 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

In keeping with recent behaviour I will not be respecting the result of the general election.

Unless my party wins.

I wouldn't worry too much. You'll get another chance in 2 years time 😋

Barack
29 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Time you got your eyes tested mate. She looks like a feckin Clydesdale with tits. 

:lol:

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I wouldn't worry too much. You'll get another chance in 2 years time 😋

Agreed but I don't want any party getting in until then, put it all on hold.

Cade

Scottish Tories underline that they are now nothing but a single-issue party of protest who's only policy is "independence never"

dicks

Edited by Cade

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, hueyview said:

Every time I see her face I'm reminded of Shrek. 

dobmisterdobster
45 minutes ago, Cade said:

Scottish Tories underline that they are now nothing but a single-issue party of protest who's only policy is "independence never"

dicks

They are the only party standing up for the union.

Trapper John McIntyre
47 minutes ago, Cade said:

dicks

Scottish Natz  underline that they are now and always have been nothing but a single-issue party of protest who's only policy is "independence"

cocks

RobboM
29 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

They are the only party standing up for the union.

image.png.932e6512ce20876ee400d6bf92f0b53b.png

Is that a fact?

gjcc
2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Is that a fact?

Christ. Put that sort of thing in a spoiler with a warning. :lol: 

Brighton Jambo
8 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Who else would have been in government instead?

If those seats had gone to labour or SNP then labour could have formed a pact with SNP, had more seats than Tories and formed a minority government.    Even with DUP seats Tories couldn’t have matched that figure.  

dobmisterdobster
19 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Is that a fact?

In Scotland*

Brighton Jambo
7 hours ago, Cade said:

Scotland voted 55% to remain in the UK but 62% to remain in the EU.

Square that circle, if you can

7 hours ago, Cade said:

Scotland voted 55% to remain in the UK but 62% to remain in the EU.

Square that circle, if you can.

But how many voted remain to avoid a push for second independence referendum.  My and my family voted to remain as I could see this sort of scenario happening.  I don’t want to leave EU but doing so wouldn’t make me now vote for independence.

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

After Independence, there will be no need for the SNP, they will have achieved their objective. 

Nobody can honestly believe they will just all ride off into the sunset. This is something that is said to try and appease no voters who don’t want a future dominated by the SNP

Pans Jambo
18 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

No, more like inaccurate, and old fashioned. 

Nope!

its cock on!

I will go further and say if you vote tory in Scotland youre a James Hunt. If youre a tory member then youre a very special type of James Hunt.
Even UKIP are not as bad as that filth!

No debate required thanks. 

Pans Jambo

Cruyff Turn
20 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Nobody can honestly believe they will just all ride off into the sunset. This is something that is said to try and appease no voters who don’t want a future dominated by the SNP

There wouldn’t be an SNP. Like there wouldn’t be a Tory Unionist Party or a Scottish Labour Regional Office in an Independent Scotland. 

The Real Maroonblood
45 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

There wouldn’t be an SNP. Like there wouldn’t be a Tory Unionist Party or a Scottish Labour Regional Office in an Independent Scotland. 

Exactly.

Some folk just don’t get it.

Naivety at its best.

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That's really unfair to Clydesdales.

Costanza

Why would the Brexit Party do this when they allegedly hate the deal Johnson got and want a "Clean"* Brexit?

*It's not clean and only idiots or liars think otherwise 

dobmisterdobster

The SNP will continue under a new name and will continue to be run by Sturgeon and her entourage.

12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Exactly.

Some folk just don’t get it.

Naivety at its best.

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Why would the Brexit Party do this when they allegedly hate the deal Johnson got and want a "Clean"* Brexit?

It's either this or spoil the election for Boris and put JC in No 10.

I'm not sure Farage wants to be remembered for that.

Jamhammer
7 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

She looks like an Aardman animation

Image result for aardman animation stone age  female character images

gjcc
4 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The SNP will continue under a new name and will continue to be run by Sturgeon and her entourage.

They may well do that but they won’t be the SNP if that objective is satisfied. They’ll be a party like any other who will be elected IF people like their manifesto.  Doesn’t necessarily mean people will vote for them. I certainly wouldn’t if there was a party that had a manifesto that better suited me.  

To insist that Nicola will be a de facto dictator for years/decades post independence, as some have insinuated, is absolute nonsense. It will be up to the people of Scotland. 

The Frenchman Returns
7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

She looks like an Aardman animation

Image result for aardman animation stone age  female character images

I realise from numerous comments from fellow posters that her face may not be everyone’s cup of tea, not something I ever pay much attention to.

I received my first election flyers through the door today, both from the Liberals. Jo had 6 photos in one. 

Jamhammer
1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I realise from numerous comments from fellow posters that her face may not be everyone’s cup of tea, not something I ever pay much attention to.

I received my first election flyers through the door today, both from the Liberals. Jo had 6 photos in one. 

Her eyes are really close together. My daughter, first ever vote was Lib Dems to keep a Tory out. They won then went into partnership wi the Tories. She's never forgiven em and neither would I

Costanza
1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You might be right. They may also think they can get their neoliberal dream of a no deal Brexit with the failure of the UK to get a Free Trade Deal by the end of 2020.

DETTY29
2 hours ago, Costanza said:

2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Farage, man of the people, man of his word, doesn't play games like the establishment politicians he despises said that unless there was a no deal Brexit he would arrange for Brexit Co. Ltd to contest every seat in the UK.

So, if he stands down candidates or puts up candidates that don't campaign then we must assume that Johnson has promised a no deal bill if a Tory majority and drop his dcurrent deal.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

You might be right. They may also think they can get their neoliberal dream of a no deal Brexit with the failure of the UK to get a Free Trade Deal by the end of 2020.

Suggests that is the plan and Boris / Cummings have promised it. 

Jambo, Goodbye
4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If those seats had gone to labour or SNP then labour could have formed a pact with SNP, had more seats than Tories and formed a minority government.    Even with DUP seats Tories couldn’t have matched that figure.  

I see what your saying,  except I don't think your numbers add up correctly. Had Scotland not voted any Tory MPs. They still would have been the largest party with 304 members. So normally they would be claiming the right to make a coalition. 

They could then have 314 with DUP.

Give Scotland's vote to labour or the SNP and that coalition is only 310 if my math is correct. So I can't accept your assertion that we influenced that election. 

Either way,  you're basically suggesting that Scotland has influenced four elections since 1945, and not three,  which is what I stated. I'm not sure this changes my initial point in even the slightest bit.