General Election 2019

Shanks said no

21 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Time you got your eyes tested mate. She looks like a feckin Clydesdale with tits. 

Well, that`s my taste in women seriously daunted.....    :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Outwith those who can AFFORD a private pension/s , the reality is that working classes voting Tory are like turkeys voting for Christmas.

If Boris wins.

They will be worse off and thats without  paying for an American style health insurance to cover medical , medicine and hospital  expenses if you get ill when Boris and Trump get their greasy hands on the NHS through its privatisation. 

And when they raise the retirement age to SEVENTY FIVE.

People really need to think before they even think about voting for this serial liar and his utter heartless millionaire cabinet. 

75246784_1016121798725275_6366473483634868224_n.png

No government has or would raise the retirement age unless the cost of pensions dictated that it was required to do. 

So, given you don’t want to see the age of retirement increase where is the money coming from that pays to keep retirement ages as is?  And where does the money come from to keep funding an NHS model that was never designed for the size of the current population, complexity of illnesses and the ages people live to, and where does the money come from to pay for the massive nationalisation programme.  

Genuinely where does the money come from?

p.s. before you answer a quick fact.  The top 1% of earners under this government pay a higher percentage of the total UK tax income (28%) than under any previous government including labour.  So please don’t bother saying tax increase for the super wealthy will pay for this.

Edited by Brighton Jambo

maroonlegions

See all those 17 year olds that could not vote the last time...

Corbyn out maneuvered the Tories last time in getting 18 year olds to vote, will they hold some kind of influence over who gets the keys to number 10??

It's their future too.  

This below from the London Economic.

More than 80,000 18-34 year-olds have registered to vote in the past 48 hours, government data shows.

Jeremy Corbyn was credited for turning a youth surge into general election success in 2017, outmanoeuvring the Conservatives with digital knowhow and an army of activists.

The surge in young registrations will come as a boon for the Labour leader, who will contest the upcoming election on a pro-referendum card.

6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Outwith those who can AFFORD a private pension/s , the reality is that working classes voting Tory are like turkeys voting for Christmas.

If Boris wins.

They will be worse off and thats without  paying for an American style health insurance to cover medical , medicine and hospital  expenses if you get ill when Boris and Trump get their greasy hands on the NHS through its privatisation. 

And when they raise the retirement age to SEVENTY FIVE.

People really need to think before they even think about voting for this serial liar and his utter heartless millionaire cabinet. 

75246784_1016121798725275_6366473483634868224_n.png

I was in the US last week and went into a local supermarket (Publix) to buy some groceries, etc,. The lady on the checkout was obviously in her 90's, and the lady packing the bags was 80+.  I am wise enough to know that they are only working so that they can get employee health insurance. 

This is what will happen when Boris and Trump get their grubby hand on our NHS.

By the way, it was quite embarrassing when the 80+ year old offer to help carry my shopping to the car. I declined... :whistling:

20 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Every time I see her face I'm reminded of Shrek. 

There was a Labour female MP, Paula Sherriff on TV yesterday, who was told by Boris Johnston Humbug last week.  She now says she is continually being called Mrs Shrek by her constituents because of Boris not respecting her.... 

Her photo on BBC news is spookily apt.....   :)

3 minutes ago, Hugh Phamism said:

I was in the US last week and went into a local supermarket (Publix) to buy some groceries, etc,. The lady on the checkout was obviously in her 90's, and the lady packing the bags was 80+.  I am wise enough to know that they are only working so that they can get employee health insurance. 

This is what will happen when Boris and Trump get their grubby hand on our NHS.

By the way, it was quite embarrassing when the 80+ year old offer to help carry my shopping to the car. I declined... :whistling:

Yes, i can see this being true.....

16 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Well, that`s my taste in women seriously daunted.....    :)

Nae standards. :laugh2: H

Every holes a goal, eh Huey?

Edited by Cruyff Turn

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

No government has or would raise the retirement age unless the cost of pensions dictated that it was required to do. 

So, given you don’t want to see the age of retirement increase where is the money coming from that pays to keep retirement ages as is?  And where does the money come from to keep funding an NHS model that was never designed for the size of the current population, complexity of illnesses and the ages people live to, and where does the money come from to pay for the massive nationalisation programme.  

p.s. before you answer a quick fact.  The top 1% of earners under this government pay a higher percentage of the total UK tax income (28%) than under any previous government including labour.  So please don’t bother saying tax increase for the super wealthy will pay for this.

Total Tory cop out.

Asking were the money will come from. You can raise all the % and figures you want mate ,makes no difference, they will raise it and you know it  . The top earners should pay more because they earn more and can afford it.

Maybe we could get all that  unpaid UK tax  back from Amazon and Starbucks ect ..

Was it not the Tory government who made tax breaks for the rich at the expense of welfare and public spending cuts .Was it not the fact that wage STAGNATION has been here since these crooks came into power.

Go ask a hard working nurse as she fecking stands in a que at a food bank were the money should come from. What about all those fecking hundreres of millions in bonuses  paid out to NHS bosses. The millions of pounds of taxpayers  money  that has been squandered by Boris and co in his feck fest of a Brexit circus.

You better take a closer look at the Tory mis spending and see that its not the hard working nurse, or the sick ,or the old, or anyone in poverty paid jobs that are the real instigators of  the Tory cop out of "were is the money coming from".

Even the highly rated , and much respected Bloomberg has published a good piece Tories  really need to look closer to home before they start attacking  anyone who really givress a feck about the less well off.

This below from Bloomberg;

‘Corbynomics’ Is More Popular Than You Think;

In a recent poll of U.K. voters, plans to nationalize industries and other Labour policies prove highly popular. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-10-02/jeremy-corbyn-s-labour-party-are-onto-something?fbclid=IwAR1AanLDrJO3G9gF8pXraRCagh_m63MKwnQp2r9_PvLO3PBWLJ7h-qQ5AaU

maroonlegions
15 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Boris is more trusted with the NHS than Jeremy among voters.

NIce try but utter shite i am afraid. Boris is a serial liar as you know very well and is in bed with Trump again as you know very well. Trump wants the UK NHS privatised , smell any rats there. 

You forgot among "TORY" voters, sneaky..

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions

No money for the NHS ect,, no magic money tree for anyone in fact but one appears as  if by magic to pay the DUP Billions to prop Mays government. They really do take the utter piss out of us mere peasants, i mean with utter contempt to, in fact they are no longer feel the need to hide it, the public are that thick is one possibility.. 

Edited by maroonlegions

6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

NIce try but utter shite i am afraid. Boris is a serial liar as you know very well and is in bed with Trump again as you know very well. Trump wants the UK NHS privatised , smell any rats there. 

Indeed. There is absolutely no doubt that any deal with the US means the NHS will be one of our most wanted assets. 

Whereas Corbyn on the other hand wants to Nationalise everything under the sun. So I can’t see how anyone would think that the NHS is any danger from him, something completely juxtaposed from his and the Labour Parties key principles.

dobmisterdobster
11 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

All voters courtesy of Survation.

36% for Boris. 34% for Jeremy.

You can tell Labour are desperate when they reach for their NHS security blanket.

Brighton Jambo
20 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Total Tory cop out.

Asking were the money will come from. You can raise all the % and figures you want mate ,makes no difference, they will raise it and you know it  . The top earners should pay more because they earn more and can afford it.

Maybe we could get all that  unpaid UK tax  back from Amazon and Starbucks ect ..

Was it not the Tory government who made tax breaks for the rich at the expense of welfare and public spending cuts .Was it not the fact that wage STAGNATION has been here since these crooks came into power.

You may be proud of their austerity record and the utter misery , hardship and DEATHS it has caused but that's you and that's the person you are. Me i just thank feck that i am in no way like you mate.

Go ask a hard working nurse as she fecking stands in a que at a food bank were the money should come from. What about all those fecking hundreres of millions in bonuses  paid out to NHS bosses. The millions of pounds of taxpayers  money  that has been squandered by Boris and co in his feck fest of a Brexit circus.

You better take a closer look at the Tory mis spending and see that its not the hard working nurse, or the sick ,or the old, or anyone in poverty paid jobs that are the real instigators of  the Tory cop out of "were is the money coming from".

Even the highly rated , and much respected Bloomberg has published a good piece Tories  really need to look closer to home before they start attacking  anyone who really givress a feck about the less well off.

This below from Bloomberg;

‘Corbynomics’ Is More Popular Than You Think;

In a recent poll of U.K. voters, plans to nationalize industries and other Labour policies prove highly popular. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-10-02/jeremy-corbyn-s-labour-party-are-onto-something?fbclid=IwAR1AanLDrJO3G9gF8pXraRCagh_m63MKwnQp2r9_PvLO3PBWLJ7h-qQ5AaU

By the way where the **** do you get the nerve to say I am proud of deaths caused by austerity.  Who the **** do you think you are to make personal allegations like that? 

Mods - surely there is rules against that stuff no? 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Hugh Grant politely tells Sajid Javid to **** off, yet Javid trys to play the I'm working Class and Grant is part of an elite that looks down its nose at me card.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/oct/31/hugh-grant-defends-himself-after-being-called-incredibly-rude-by-sajid-javid

What an absolute throbber Javid is.  A total ****ing spiv!

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Boris said:

Hugh Grant politely tells Sajid Javid to **** off, yet Javid trys to play the I'm working Class and Grant is part of an elite that looks down its nose at me card.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/oct/31/hugh-grant-defends-himself-after-being-called-incredibly-rude-by-sajid-javid

What an absolute throbber Javid is.  A total ****ing spiv!

I read that and couldn’t believe that was the route he wanted to go down to attack Hugh Grant.  

It sums up everything that is wrong with politics at moment as rather than offer to discuss the matter or forget it he leaps straight on the attack and brings class into it.  

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

I read that and couldn’t believe that was the route he wanted to go down to attack Hugh Grant.  

It sums up everything that is wrong with politics at moment as rather than offer to discuss the matter or forget it he leaps straight on the attack and brings class into it.  

Personally, class has a lot to do with politics, imo, but coming from Javid it is as sincere as a promise from "dead in a ditch" Johnson!

A blatant attempt to divide and conquer and make political capital, but it rather highlights what a shallow minded, conniving little shite of person he is.  As well as highlighting how ineffective, or perhaps even implicated, he was with the whole phone hacking thing, and equally unsympathetic to the victims who were neither celebrities or stars but just your average Joes.  Great solidarity with the working class from Javid right there!

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Nae standards. :laugh2: H

Every holes a goal, eh Huey?

And you don’t look at the mantelpiece when your poking the fire

On 29/10/2019 at 20:48, Mikey1874 said:

Exciting for any politics watchers. 

Cold nights in watching it unfold.

Watched it last time and I might just stay up for it again. 

maroonlegions

Remember this freind of Thatcher  and Tory supporter.

and remember May  losing those Westminster child abuse files.

Truly the nasty party in ever fecking way.Vile cold blooded reptiles . The party with no morals or human empathy.. Their policies  have proved it over their years in government. 

76759964_10221085151461318_3661886208876740608_n.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

9 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

By the way where the **** do you get the nerve to say I am proud of deaths caused by austerity.  Who the **** do you think you are to make personal allegations like that? 

Mods - surely there is rules against that stuff no? 

Personal allegations?

c'mon The Maroonlegions

Don, Nige and Boris. Where do I sign and how high do I kick. Hip, chest or chin?

When I say kick, I mean step!

Edited by ri Alban

ITV "Would you like to appear on I'm a celebrity?"

Bercow "Would you like to pay me £1m?"

ITV "No!!!"

Bercow " Well, eff off and gie's peace!"

👏  He's gonnae make a fortune. Good luck to him.

Brexit Party deal to avoid standing in Conservative target seats seems likely to be coming this morning.

But if the Conservatives are now effectively in partnership with the Brexit Party it might hurt them overall. 

I P Knightley
On 30/10/2019 at 22:35, The Frenchman Returns said:

Nicky Morgan has announced she will not stand again as an MP.
Mrs Morgan, who is currently the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, has represented Loughborough since the 2010 election.

Believe it when you see it. This is the woman who said there were no circumstances under which she would serve in a Johnson cabinet. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

ITV "Would you like to appear on I'm a celebrity?"

Bercow "Would you like to pay me £1m?"

ITV "No!!!"

Bercow " Well, eff off and gie's peace!"

👏  He's gonnae make a fortune. Good luck to him.

Agreed. 

Of course, there will be sections of the media turning it on Bercow. I can imagine the story being told as him knocking on Ant&Dec's door asking for a million to be on their show. 

7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Believe it when you see it. This is the woman who said there were no circumstances under which she would serve in a Johnson cabinet. 

Agreed. 

Of course, there will be sections of the media turning it on Bercow. I can imagine the story being told as him knocking on Ant&Dec's door asking for a million to be on their show. 

No need

Will get a minimum £100k for speaking 

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Brexit Party deal to avoid standing in Conservative target seats seems likely to be coming this morning.

But if the Conservatives are now effectively in partnership with the Brexit Party it might hurt them overall. 

You are right which is why it won't be an official pact.

We won't know any details until Farage announces them today.

39 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You are right which is why it won't be an official pact.

We won't know any details until Farage announces them today.

Farage talking now.

Laying into Boris' Brexit deal. Saying it would align us to EU. 

Wants Boris to abandon his Deal. Offers if go for Canada style free trade deal would join a Leave alliance to stand at Election. 

Otherwise going full on Brexit campaigning and will contest every seat. 14 November is a deadline when candidates need to be confirmed. 

Negotiating with individual MPs and constituencies about not standing. But not a full alliance. 

Edited by Mikey1874

dobmisterdobster
1 minute ago, RobboM said:

Yet. ... No Deal is part of Boris's deal for after the GE

I mean the electoral pact. He is so desperate to get into Westminster its kinda sad.

30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Farage talking now.

Laying into Boris' Brexit deal. Saying it would align us to EU. 

Wants Boris to abandon his Deal. Offers if go for Canada style free trade deal would join a Leave alliance to stand at Election. 

Otherwise going full on Brexit campaigning and will contest every seat. 14 November is a deadline when candidates need to be confirmed. 

Negotiating with individual MPs and constituencies about not standing. But not a full alliance. 

He's already indicated that he wouldn't put up candidates in opposition to ERG members and those who support no-deal. I don't expect that position to change.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/09/nigel-farage-says-brexit-party-wont-stand-no-deal-tory-candidates-10710645/

Nigel might not mind a Labour Government too much.

Because he is probably right. The May / Boris deal may not be that different from the deal Labour would get. If his analysis of the current deal and how close it keeps us to EU is correct. 

The Mighty Thor

Farage, emboldened by his phone call with the toddler in chief piles into the GE. 

Great stuff. They'll split the gammon vote up and down the country which will not be good news for Baw jaws, who will now need to lurch further right to have any hope of not getting his pants taken down. 

It also really narrows the discourse about the election even more into a straight deal/no deal/no Brexit debate and takes Johnson onto ground that he wants to avoid, like his personal voting record on Brexit and his absolute capitulation of a shanner of a deal.

Worst possible news for johnson and Cummings.

:glorious:

23 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Did you know you were delivered to your mother by a big stork???

Why do we have the worst pension in Europe?

Brighton Jambo
7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Did you know you were delivered to your mother by a big stork???

Why do we have the worst pension in Europe?

Thanks for the stork info.  Question?

1.  Did you know that it was a labour government that introduced the pension act in 2007 that increased retirement dates? 

2.  Did you know that it was a conservative government that introduced the triple lock to protect pensions in 2011-12.

Those two facts don’t quite fit with the preferred narrative on here though do they? 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

dobmisterdobster
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nigel might not mind a Labour Government too much.

Because he is probably right. The May / Boris deal may not be that different from the deal Labour would get. If his analysis of the current deal and how close it keeps us to EU is correct. 

Is he is OK with a Corbyn/SNP government with everything that comes with that?

Farage is also causing potential problems for a Boris Government.

By offering to Conservative candidates a deal if they say No to his deal that risks renewing and strengthening the ERG grouping. Which could again mean he cannot get his deal to pass.

Farage is hoping that the Remain or rather anti No Deal majority in Parliament is removed to get No Deal.

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, dobmisterdobster said:

Is he is OK with a Corbyn/SNP government with everything that comes with that?

If Boris sticks to his EU deal then the Brexit Party knows it can help produce a Corbyn/ SNP government.

dobmisterdobster
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If Boris sticks to his EU deal then the Brexit Party knows it can help produce a Corbyn/ SNP government.

JC will give Sturgeon everything she wants in exchange for her 50 MPs.

She will get her second indyref with whatever question she wants.

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Thanks for the stork info.  Question?

1.  Did you know that it was a labour government that introduced the pension act in 2007 that increased retirement dates? 

2.  Did you know that it was a conservative government that introduced the triple lock to protect pensions in 2011-12.

Those two facts don’t quite fit with the preferred narrative on here though do they? 

Fantastic.

Question:

Why does the UK have the worst pension in Europe?