• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Mind Gordon Brown called a bigoted woman a bigoted woman and it likely cost him.any chance of winning the election? 

Different times these days.

If only Ed Milliband could eat a bacon butty in a genteel way 

:sob:

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Gove said on BBC breakfast, that he was proud of the Keir Starmer edited video and the factfinder misleader.

**** gloating about misleading the public.

Surely even folk who have voted Tory all their lives can see that the current lot are utterly deplorable? Even former party members don't think you should vote for them. John Major, the former Tory Prime Minister, is telling people not to vote for them. Tommy Robinson however backs them, which should be all you need to know.

You are allowed to change who you vote for you know, you don't have to show loyalty to any particular party. This isn't football. I've switched from the political party I used to vote for. 

Get these cretins out of office.

Just now, Ray Gin said:

I've never seen anything like it. 1 day before a general election and a man hoping to be elected as Prime Minister runs away from an interviewer on live TV and hides in a fridge, while ones of his aides swears at the TV crew. 

And the incredible thing is that it won't make any difference, and the numbskulls who were going to vote for him won't care one bit that he's yet again shown himself to be a slithery coward who can't stand up to scrutiny. This is the man they are happy to have running the country. What a sorry state the UK is in.

Trump is the most powerful politician on the planet. Nothing is surprising.

Dumbing down the masses is a very real thing. And it works !

Could that trend be bucked ?

Wishful thinking.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Trump is the most powerful politician on the planet. Nothing is surprising.

Dumbing down the masses is a very real thing. And it works !

Could that trend be bucked ?

Wishful thinking. 

Legalise incest?

79168219_10156402638242016_9993841031763

Twitter bots, run by the Tory party, trying to discredit the story of the 4 year old lad in Leeds Hospital that was on the floor with pneumonia. Party of scumbags.

27 minutes ago, Barack said:

If McCluskey and his pals backed the right Milliband in the first place. 

True

Then Labour and Conservatives could have merged or done a Coalition as they pretty would have the same policies.

Just now, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Legalise incest?

Must be happening in America already.

Can’t think why they would vote in Trump unless the gene pool was compromised somewhat !

1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Brave sir Boris ran away. When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled.

Superb

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Must be happening in America already.

Can’t think why they would vote in Trump unless the gene pool was compromised somewhat !

Cause the alternative was Clinton. Same as over here no sensible alternative so lets vote for the lunatic. 

@I P Knightley - 🤪 😂

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

79168219_10156402638242016_9993841031763

Twitter bots, run by the Tory party, trying to discredit the story of the 4 year old lad in Leeds Hospital that was on the floor with pneumonia. Party of scumbags.

Maybe the senior nursing sister has three friends....👀

My half sister

For me and most people I speak to in Scotland, it's a stark choice, if you want the UK to remain intact, there is no other choice than voting Conservative. 

If you want to separate from the UK, vote the nationalists.

It's been this way since 2013. Its nothing to do with personalities, just the Independence issue.

10 minutes ago, My half sister said:

For me and most people I speak to in Scotland, it's a stark choice, if you want the UK to remain intact, there is no other choice than voting Conservative. 

It's been this way since 2013. Its nothing to do with personalities, just the Independence issue.

Nonsense. Lib Dems and Labour are also against independence and are massively better options than the Tories.

Also an SNP win doesn't mean independence. This isn't an independence referendum, you'd still get to have a say on that at a later date.

Edited by Ray Gin

My half sister
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Nonsense. Lib Dems and Labour are also against independence and are massively better options than the Tories.

Also an SNP win doesn't mean independence. This isn't an independence referendum, you'd still get to have a say on that at a later date.

Only my opinion mate, I also feel the Nationalist supporters are far more vocal on social media and JKB, it's getting a lot like the 2014 referendum 

Just now, My half sister said:

Sorry, then they are the people we’re talking about a couple of posts up.

There is only one party who are committed to Independence. Labour aren’t, neither are the Lib Dem’s

Michael Barnier leaked tape reveals that the Tories plan of getting Brexit done in 6 months is unachievable. 

2021 at the earliest according to Barnier

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-delay-boris-johnson-deal-general-election-eu-barnier-leak-deadline-a9242346.html%3famp

Edited by AlimOzturk

HeartOfWestLothian

This has been the worst election I can ever remember for clear Tory bias from the media, including the BBC. 

I really hope they all get a shock and we wake up on Friday morning with a Labour win and a few high profile torys unseated throughout the UK. 

Oh and Jo Swinson. 

11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Voting BoJo to get Brexit done. Scary that Corbyn is in the hunt at all, as for Sturgeon she is a fraud leading sheep to a cliff edge. 

What’s your view on austerity, child poverty and food banks?  You know that Brexit won’t directly fix that right?

No one can possibly know how postal votes have been cast. Unless the law has been broken. But that's unlikely as the procedures for elections are pretty watertight.

IMG_20191211_183222.jpg

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

What’s your view on austerity, child poverty and food banks?  You know that Brexit won’t directly fix that right?

It'll make it worse.

Calling Sturgeon a fraud while voting for Baw Jaws, a proven serial liar. Can't make it up.

:vrface:

17 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Voting BoJo to get Brexit done. Scary that Corbyn is in the hunt at all, as for Sturgeon she is a fraud leading sheep to a cliff edge. 

:rofl:

voting to get brexit done and talking about sheep and a cliff edge oh the irony. 

if you think Boris had your interests at Heart then you truly are a guilable fool.

edit to add, read the link posted above. Brexit wont he over anytime soon. Boris has once again lied to you. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I've never seen anything like it. 1 day before a general election and a man hoping to be elected as Prime Minister runs away from an interviewer on live TV and hides in a fridge, while ones of his aides swears at the TV crew. 

And the incredible thing is that it won't make any difference, and the numbskulls who were going to vote for him won't care one bit that he's yet again shown himself to be a slithery coward who can't stand up to scrutiny. This is the man they are happy to have running the country. What a sorry state the UK is in.

Exactly

DBA51187-24D1-47E9-9F1F-9A7F37747229.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Austerity my arse. I grew up in the 70s poor and it didn't do me any harm, just gave me an appreciation and a will to get out of it. And btw, Independence would mean LESS money and everything more expensive as it is in every small country. All you Sturgeon cultists are under a tin foil tartan hat.

Edited by JackLadd

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, My half sister said:

This.

The pro SNP argument of we can have a vote on indy referendum on another day....we already had it and the no's won, why do I want another chance to split from the rest of the UK, which is all sturgeon is worried about?

Craig Gordons Gloves
7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Austerity my arse. I grew up in the 70s poor and it didn't do me any harm, just gave me an appreciation and a will to get out of it. And btw, Independence would mean LESS money and everything more expensive as it is in every small country. All you Sturgeon cultists are under a tin foil tartan hat.

Oh FFS, here it is again.  "I grew up poor and it didn't do me any harm"

Along with "I grew up getting belted by my parents and it didn't do me any harm" and "I grew up in a house where everyone smoked and it didn't do me an harm" are just the kind of statements that drive me up the wall.  The world is an entirely different place these days. To compare the 70s with now is utterly ridiculous.  It's nearly 50 years ago! That would be like someone in the late 80s saying "I grew up getting bombed by the Germans every day and it didn't do me any harm.

As for voting Tory, it's your right to vote for who you want.  It's just a shame that the party you are going to vote for have been accountable and responsible for creating a massive problem when it comes to social issues across the entire board.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Michael Barnier leaked tape reveals that the Tories plan of getting Brexit done in 6 months is unachievable. 

2021 at the earliest according to Barnier

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-delay-boris-johnson-deal-general-election-eu-barnier-leak-deadline-a9242346.html%3famp

And Labour think they can negotiate a completely new deal and hold a second referendum within the same 6 month time frame, if the Tories ain't gonna be able to do it then Labour have absolutely no chance either, unless Labour just bend over and take it dry from the EU, which is exactly what Labour will do imo.

44 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Hypocrisy is alive and well. What sort of loser Scot would vote for Brexit but deny Scotland real Exit. Delusional traitors who think they're part of something.

19 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Wow.  Just wow.  Enjoyed Thatcher so much that you want to throw her male manifestation at the next generation.  So your message to those kids eating out a food bank is to just get through it and strap on a pair?

Btw, I’m not for independence and don’t vote SNP.  There are other alternatives to starving our kids.  

Just now, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Oh FFS, here it is again.  "I grew up poor and it didn't do me any harm"

Along with "I grew up getting belted by my parents and it didn't do me any harm" and "I grew up in a house where everyone smoked and it didn't do me an harm" are just the kind of statements that drive me up the wall.  The world is an entirely different place these days. To compare the 70s with now is utterly ridiculous.  It's nearly 50 years ago! That would be like someone in the late 80s saying "I grew up getting bombed by the Germans every day and it didn't do me any harm.

As for voting Tory, it's your right to vote for who you want.  It's just a shame that the party you are going to vote for have been accountable and responsible for creating a massive problem when it comes to social issues across the entire board.

What drives me up the wall are the SNP and their grievance politics based on zero facts and lucky white heather economics. Sturgeon is my generation. I bet she had it easier than I had growing up. She's a liar though, her agenda is an ideological con and she knows it.

I know this might be controversial.

I think Jo Swinson has done better as the campaign has gone on. Probably learning on the job to be fair. 

How relevant she is by Friday remains to be seen. 

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And Labour think they can negotiate a completely new deal and hold a second referendum within the same 6 month time frame, if the Tories ain't gonna be able to do it then Labour have absolutely no chance either, unless Labour just bend over and take it dry from the EU, which is exactly what Labour will do imo.

Yup.

Jambof3tornado
11 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Wow.  Just wow.  Enjoyed Thatcher so much that you want to throw her male manifestation at the next generation.  So your message to those kids eating out a food bank is to just get through it and strap on a pair?

Btw, I’m not for independence and don’t vote SNP.  There are other alternatives to starving our kids.  

Whats your alternative vote then? Genuinely interested as I wont vote SNP and dont want independence either!!

51 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

It’s scary how well the “Get Brexit Done” mantra is sticking. In amongst all the lies told by politicians in this election it is by far the biggest con. Somehow the Tories have managed to convince working class voters that A) they can just “get brexit done” by flicking a switch and b) that getting brexit done is in their best interests.

Firstly, the slogan suggests that Johnston and his pals don’t see brexit as a big issue - lets get it out of the way and focus on more important things?? Surely if you’re standing on one of the lightest manifestos in recent political history, you’d afford your flagship policy more sincerity? Secondly, of course brexit cannot simply be “done”. They are conning those who are ill informed into believing that once we have left that is the end of brexit. No mention of the WAB, no mention of the transition period, the likelihood that any trade deal with the EU would require unanimous approval from the EU27 heads of state, the issue of fishing to Macron et al which will be a major point of contention, Gibraltar which could prove difficult, Ireland/NI, trade deals with other countries. I’d be startled if brexit was “done” by the next election if Britain again chooses to leave the EU.

9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Whats your alternative vote then? Genuinely interested as I wont vote SNP and dont want independence either!!

I’ll be voting tactically to get the Tories out.  I have no political party allegiances these days, they’re all useless, but I do have strong allegiances to supporting us remaining in the EU  and ending austerity.  At a push, despite my views on Scottish independence I would vote SNP to stop us leaving the EU.  Another Independence referendum is a lesser evil than Brexit imo.

annushorribilis III
5 minutes ago, RDSK said:

It’s scary how well the “Get Brexit Done” mantra is sticking. In amongst all the lies told by politicians in this election it is by far the biggest con. Somehow the Tories have managed to convince working class voters that A) they can just “get brexit done” by flicking a switch and b) that getting brexit done is in their best interests.

Firstly, the slogan suggests that Johnston and his pals don’t see brexit as a big issue - lets get it out of the way and focus on more important things?? Surely if you’re standing on one of the lightest manifestos in recent political history, you’d afford your flagship policy more sincerity? Secondly, of course brexit cannot simply be “done”. They are conning those who are ill informed into believing that once we have left that is the end of brexit. No mention of the WAB, no mention of the transition period, the likelihood that any trade deal with the EU would require unanimous approval from the EU27 heads of state, the issue of fishing to Macron et al which will be a major point of contention, Gibraltar which could prove difficult, Ireland/NI, trade deals with other countries. I’d be startled if brexit was “done” by the next election if Britain again chooses to leave the EU.

Getting it "done" appeals to the brexity , angry type: it's short, punchy and straight to the point. It convinces Labour voters to dump Corbyn.  What else can he engage on - everything has been a disaster.  When he talks about the police, NHS , food banks him & Hancock et al  get destroyed for their blatant lies. Even the media (Kuensberg & Peston apart) are refusing to regurgitate their lies any longer.  

25 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

What drives me up the wall are the SNP and their grievance politics based on zero facts and lucky white heather economics. Sturgeon is my generation. I bet she had it easier than I had growing up. She's a liar though, her agenda is an ideological con and she knows it.

And the 88% of Tory claims being bullshit?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/10/investigation-finds-88-tory-ads-misleading-compared-0-labour-11651802/

16 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Labour or Lib Dem. Anyone but the Tories.

24 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Whoever would beat the Tory. Simple as that. Even if it is the snp.

9 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Getting it "done" appeals to the brexity , angry type: it's short, punchy and straight to the point. It convinces Labour voters to dump Corbyn.  What else can he engage on - everything has been a disaster.  When he talks about the police, NHS , food banks him & Hancock et al  get destroyed for their blatant lies. Even the media (Kuensberg & Peston apart) are refusing to regurgitate their lies any longer.  

I can’t help but fear the damage has already been done.

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, Cade said:

Kuenssberg skirting VERY close to the law by disseminating postal vote counts.

I think she has broken the law, by repeating whatever she was told by someone else who has also broken the law.

As an aside, today's Politics Live, where Kuenessberg made the claim, has been pulled off iPlayer and the programme hasn't been repeated on the Parliament channel as it would normally have done.

Going by various twitter feeds the matter has been referred to the police after the Electoral Commission tweeted:

Electoral Commission@ElectoralCommUK 
It may be an offence to communicate any information obtained at postal vote opening sessions, including about votes cast, before a poll has closed. Anyone with information to suggest this has happened should report it immediately to the police.

Edited by Footballfirst

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

I know this might be controversial.

I think Jo Swinson has done better as the campaign has gone on. Probably learning on the job to be fair. 

How relevant she is by Friday remains to be seen. 

Afternoon session, mate ?

52 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I grew up near Niddrie. Loved it but was full of Hibbies. I don't have a grievance against anyone but people like you have driven me to the SNP. Not having faith in your own country by clowns like yourself makes me wonder about your capacity of judgement. 

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Vote Labour and trust the Scottish electorate to vote NO in Indyref 2.....whenever that will be !

Voting SNP means nothing like Independence. The only way a swing big enough to ensure a YES vote on independence is if the Tories get in and really **** things up. And they won’t agree to a second Indy vote !