General Election 2019

Shanks said no

8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Like that ain't happened before during this election, seems to me that lying comes natural to more and more people connected with politics & the media.

They're all at it. I cannot believe how truly awful our electoral choices are. I wouldn't put any of them in charge of a sweetie shop.  A thoroughly deceitful, self serving incompetent shower of shit, the whole bloody lot of them. Jo Swinson did a phone in on Radio 5 this morning and she was all over the place - a shambling incoherent mess of Diane Abbott proportions. She's never a leader in a million years. I dislike her less than the other 2 and that's about it.

Makes no difference where I live anyway because the Conservatives could field a farmyard animal in a blue rosette and it would still win. First past the post needs binned.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

45 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

In summary:

We’ll get brexit done and we can move on (it’s really not that simple is it Boris?)

The torries will sell the NHS we’ll pump loadsa cash into and let you all vote on Brexit again (where’s the cash coming from, the usual Labour money tree in the back garden)

We know the NHS is a shambles but we’re better than those pesky English (yeah thanks Nicola but that doesn’t make it any better)

I’ll be prime minister, well maybe not but I’ll knock about the country smiling a lot that’ll sort the country out (no Jo that’s really not the answer)

We’ll save the planet (no sorry Sian we need a bit more info on that one, cheers, and what about the NHS)

Honestly every one of them talks absolute shite... country is a mess, sick of listening to them. The political system needs completely overhauled and hopefully when this generation see these charlatans for what they are they might stand up for change!

The older I get the more distrust & disdain I have for them, guess I'm just sick of all the lies & the promises that never get kept, the treating us like we are stupid, of the constant blame game which is worse than two 5 year olds in the playground, it was his fault no it wasn't it was his fault, grow the feck up and start acting like adults, if you get something wrong just admit it, there is no shame in saying I'm sorry I was wrong, they would get much more respect for doing so, well from me they would.

I've been on this earth long enough now that I just can't get excited by anything any politician says anymore, same with all this crap about being right-wing or left-wing, chicken wings are the only wings I have any interest in nowadays, so folks can feck-off with all that crap as well.

For the first time in my life this election might the first that I don't bother voting in, the choices I have are crap, however my ancestors fought for me to have the right to vote, therefore if I do vote I might well spoil my ballot paper.

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

For the first time in my life this election might the first that I don't bother voting in, the choices I have are crap, however my ancestors fought for me to have the right to vote, therefore if I do vote I might well spoil my ballot paper.

Utterly pointless. 

6 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

They're all at it. I cannot believe how truly awful our electoral choices are. I wouldn't put any of them in charge of a sweetie shop.  A thoroughly deceitful, self serving incompetent shower of shit, the whole bloody lot of them. Jo Swinson did a phone in on Radio 5 this morning and she was all over the place - a shambling incoherent mess of Diane Abbott proportions. She's never a leader in a million years. I dislike her less than the other 2 and that's about it.

Makes no difference where I live anyway because the Conservatives could field a farmyard animal in a blue rosette and it would still win. First past the post needs binned.

Indeed the choices are the worst I've ever known, yet some people genuinely believe that their political party is better than the other one.

Nowadays for me that means that their lying barsteward is a better liar than the other lying barsteward. 

After Friday I can see two out of Johnson, Corbyn or Swinson being binned by their party.

Sexton Hardcastle

How that Laura Kuenssberg continues to be employed by the BBC is just incredible. The dirty Tory cow.

A ****ing punch. 

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Utterly pointless. 

I've never spoilt a ballot paper before, but I just don't really want to vote for any of the candidates standing in my constituency.

Here go Sturgeon and the SNP again being all divisive :rolleyes:

image.png.825c4d7befe8c70572f38bec9faa7a9c.png

To say that it's the campaign for independence that's divisive in the face of shit like that from Johnson--the campaign to try to get away from that sort of garbage--is seriously the most clueless political position I've ever seen anyone take. Which makes me highly doubt it's a political position that's actually honestly held by anyone.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I've never spoilt a ballot paper before, but I just don't really want to vote for any of the candidates standing in my constituency.

If in doubt, vote for whoever can keep the Tories out.

10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed the choices are the worst I've ever known, yet some people genuinely believe that their political party is better than the other one.

Nowadays for me that means that their lying barsteward is a better liar than the other lying barsteward. 

After Friday I can see two out of Johnson, Corbyn or Swinson being binned by their party.

If Johnson puts his foot right into a PR dog poo in the last few days (always a good bet) and falls short of an overall majority, I can see all 3 being binned. I think Corbyn and Swinson will go. Labour have to get this next appointment right or face oblivion for a generation. Keir Starmer could be a (relatively) good pick.

Edited by SwindonJambo

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

If in doubt, vote for whoever can keep the Tories out.

That's nobody then as the SNP are nowhere even close, Mundell is in the safest tory seat in Scotland, in fact he's the only MP that there has ever been in this constituency and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

I've had my fill of the sneering avoidance of scrutiny and softball acceptance of the avoidance of scrutiny.    

It's the sense of a foregone conclusion that's the killer.     The inevitability of a historical nadir of political justice.    

What must the rest of the world make of the UK voter?

57 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

If Johnson puts his foot right into a PR dog poo in the last few days (always a good bet) and falls short of an overall majority, I can see all 3 being binned. I think Corbyn and Swinson will go. Labour have to get this next appointment right or face oblivion for a generation. Keir Starmer could be a (relatively) good pick.

No chance. It’ll be one of the Momentum bams: Long-Bailey looks the most likely. 

What an absolute nightmare BoJo has had with that photo. No wonder Levido and Cummings have tried to keep him away from anyone more intellectually challenging than Phillip Schofield. He’ll

still win but hopefully with as small a majority as possible. 

12 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

You mean, Vote Labour.

In 2015, there was 56 SNP mps, and a Tory majority. 

Voting SNP won't stop the Tories. Voting Labour is the only option to stop the Tories. 

A seat won by the SNP is a seat not won by the Tories.

An SNP MP was placed 2nd in every seat the Tories won in the last election. The best way of keeping the Tories out in Scotland is by voting SNP.

In UK terms it's a tough choice between a liar, an untrustworthy, a womaniser, a man who ignores his family, a man who shafts his 'friends' and an old fantasist who dreams of times gone by making a list of impossible dreams that can never be fulfilled leading some equally untrustworthy bunch of backers including ex lovers who cannot do basic maths yuk !!

It really is a depressing choice

Oh and that's before we talk of Brexit

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Yes, we know that a vote for the SNP allows a Tory majority. 

Why Nicola Sturgeon pretends otherwise is beyond me. 

That stuff is on you. 

A vote for Labour in Scotland is a wasted vote.

In the vast majority of the seats it's either a Tory win or an SNP win. Voting Labour instead of SNP is increasing the chance of gifting the Tories an extra seat.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

A vote for Labour in Scotland is a wasted vote.

In the vast majority of the seats it's either a Tory win or an SNP win. Voting Labour instead of SNP is increasing the chance of gifting the Tories an extra seat.

Lib Dems are the main challengers in several Tory seats.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Lib Dems are the main challengers in several Tory seats.

In Scotland? That's not what I read.

However if true, then anyone living in these areas should vote for them. Get these Tory ****s out is #1 priority.

Edit - it isn't true. SNP came second in every seat they failed to win. Source:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50629320

Edited by Ray Gin
fact check

25 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

You mean, Vote Labour.

In 2015, there was 56 SNP mps, and a Tory majority. 

Voting SNP won't stop the Tories. Voting Labour is the only option to stop the Tories. 

Even with 56 labour MPs they would still have had a majority.

12 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Yes, we know that a vote for the SNP allows a Tory majority. 

Why Nicola Sturgeon pretends otherwise is beyond me. 

That stuff is on you. 

:blah:

5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Everyone in the world needs to pay attention to everything you think and say. 

You have captured the mood of everyone on earth. 

Not what I say, what the evidence says. 

In some ways I respect the SNP as a party that represents Scotland. They got into power in Scotland due to how shambolic Scottish Labour was at the time. The problem is that they interpret the vote as being a mandate towards independence. Its not. The independence vote proved that, but instead of governing for Scotland, they continue to drive their agenda forward at the expense of the Scottish public. I've voted SNP in the past (and also supported independence which I accept was rejected) , as a floating voter who assesses each parties manifesto, but there is no way I will vote SNP this time. They have used Brexit as an opportunity to push forward their agenda and its not one I can support any longer. 

9 minutes ago, weehammy said:

If Labour hadn’t been taken over by Stalinists they’d have totally skooshed  this election ( in England at least).

Agreed. If another Momentum backed candidate is next leader, then they'll turn themselves into an irrelevance. Boris is a narcissistic arsehole, inveterate liar, womaniser, PR disaster,overprivileged buffoon, manipulative backstabber and all round sack of festering diarrhoea yet Labour have barely laid a glove on him.

55 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Its a confusing post you made here.

On one-hand you highlight the naked grab the SNP are making.

Then you undercut yourself, and seem to be agreeing with the naked grab Nicola Sturgeon might be depending upon. 

Not confusing unless you're tying yourself in knots trying to conclude things like "naked grab" when the position she proffered in that tweet has consistently been the SNP position as long as I've been around.

Evidence and facts do exist. Ignore them at the cost of your own intellectual honesty.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Jo and Bojo might not even win their seats 😃

58 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Seeing Nicola Sturgeon appeal this desperately, is perhaps a sign that Scottish Nationalism is destined never to achieve a majority, let alone a healthy, happy , sustainable, genuine, democratic majority. 

Your posts get more bizarre by the day. Must be sad living in your bitter wee world

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

Seeing Nicola Sturgeon appeal this desperately, is perhaps a sign that Scottish Nationalism is destined never to achieve a majority, let alone a healthy, happy , sustainable, genuine, democratic majority. 

You sure about that? Tory Peer Lord Ashcroft no less in an article from the Express.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1214746/Piers-Morgan-news-Nicola-Sturgeon-independence-ITV-GMB-poll-general-election-latest/

B1D3157D-2135-418A-8BF1-A9D7B0E88646.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Glad I'm not in the UK this week as I wouldn't know what to do.  I would have held my nose and voted for Boris to avoid another Scottish referendum.  Seeing little Jack at the age of 4 on a hospital floor though suffering from suspected pneumonia was just disgraceful.  

I support Brexit so wouldn't be voting for the Libs.  Suppose I would still end up for Boris but I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

2 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Tuck in son. If Rupert Murdoch and the Sun and The Daily Express and Lord Ashcroft are behind yous, the sky is yer only limit! 

WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

It's you. Stick to chip and potato and leave this to the adults. 2 weeks left til the Christmas holidays. :thumb:

People seem to be incapable or reluctant to recognise the truth about Johnson and his mafia without bemoaning Corbyn and Labour.     For some notion of unneccessary balance.

Corbyn and Labour are not ideal.   There's a lot to bemoan.     But for god's sake don't confuse their shortcomings with those of the Tories.      Don't just deceive yourself that they're equal quantities.    How could one be culpable in allowing the Tories another term and a free hit at an arsehole Brexit on the whim of Corbyn not fully delivering a radical programme of investment... or a small amount of extra tax?

9 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

But they have done already. In 2011.

In all fairness,   it seems reasonable to expect the SNP to achieve a renewed mandate for a further independence referendum,   as well as that mandate being a solely SNP majority at Holyrood.    It is particularly difficult to achieve a Holyrood majority but it has occurred before as Boab says.    It is an election result that can only be achieved with a significant level of vote share and can only credibly be viewed as a very clear democratic mandate.     I would have no problem with that being accepted as the benchmark.

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Tuck in son. If Rupert Murdoch and the Sun and The Daily Express and Lord Ashcroft are behind yous, the sky is yer only limit! 

WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Good deflection well done 👏🏾. I think that’s your guys their behind I’m afraid, he’s just showing the changing attitudes of people to Independence.

5216D7AE-DB30-4893-B99F-D7341FC4D5BA.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

I P Knightley
14 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

That dog poo would be a better pick than Corbyn. 

In your (attractive) scenario of all three being binned in the event of a hung parly, the Tories would replace Boris with one of: Raab, Gove or Javid - all of whom are as equally atrocious as Johnson. Labour are powered by this 'momentum' lot who've failed to see just how crap a job Corbyn is doing; they'd probably go for some equally bad, despite there being a good half dozen Labour MPs who'd be skooshing this election. LibDems have surely run out of candidates to be leader. Haven't they used all their MPs by now? They're least likely to drop their leader as their realistic expectations are never that high. 

For those saying Corbyn is rubbish, don't worry. If you wanted say David Miliband as Labour leader you can sleep easy.

A Boris Johnson Government will be very similar to what Milliband or similar would have done. Support business, get Brexit done, some more Police and some more for NHS. Don't challenge the status quo. 

Edited by Mikey1874

32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

For those saying Corbyn is rubbish, don't worry. If you wanted say David Miliband as Labour leader you can sleep easy.

A Boris Johnson Government will be very similar to what Milliband or similar would have done. Support business, get Brexit done, some more Police and some more for NHS. Don't challenge the status quo. 

David Milliband would never have allowed a Brexit vote in the 1st place.

Edited by SwindonJambo

31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Exactly.    Corbyn and McDonnell might not be ideal but they do represent a genuine attempt to instigate meaningful reform.     

10 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

David Milliband would never have allowed a Brexit vote in the 1st place.

Lots and lots of faith he could have stopped a Tory Government.

Did he stand against Gordon Brown for leader? 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Even the SNP supporting Scottish Sun?

Typical unionist, did I mention I supported the SNP? Every media outlet in Scotland is owned by billionaires who avoid paying tax and support the Union. Ask yourself why, it’s not for our good.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Exactly.    Corbyn and McDonnell might not be ideal but they do represent a genuine attempt to instigate meaningful reform.     

I don’t believe that they do. I think they’re obsessed with the idea of pitting people against each other. Everything is good versus bad. Dogma in other words.

There are others in the Labour Party who could provide some form of moderate socialism and actually have the wit to implement it. But not these divs.

maroonlegions
18 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Hoping it will be true but that article you linked to was from the beginning of September. Up your game, man! ;)

Ok ..

It was true about  that poor child being treated on  that hospital floor, despite claims by Tory trolls. And the mother didn’t ask for the press to take it down.

But why let the truth get in the way of  Tory trolls. 

What kind of vermin would seek to distort the truth of a child in desperate need of medical attention, and by that very act, seek to distort or deny  that the NHS is in a serious way because of 10 years of Tory  cuts and willful underspending. And also try to make out that the mother of that child was in on it... 

Total Tory vermin that"s  who. If indeed they do suffer catastrophic  losses and a right kicking in the election then i will be a very happy man..

Official statement from Leeds teaching hospitals about the little boy forced to sleep on the floor due to lack of beds.

The comments of support on there are lovely.

"I've grown up in Leeds and as well as being born in this hospital, I've had to regularly use it due to uncontrolled asthma when I was younger and have been under two outpatients clinics there for most of my life. I'm also an ex staff member in this hospital. Every single member of staff in that hospital works their arses off and still has a smile on their face for every patient coming through the doors. They don't deserve to be blamed for this. The blame lies solely with the government that has underfunded and understaffed the NHS consistently for the last 9 years. The government who wants to sell our NHS to Trump.

Edited by maroonlegions