• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

59 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Though Ruth was waiting to see if SNP got 50+ seats before getting her kit off? 

I'll get my kit off if the Tories in Scotland get 50 seats. Loathe that shouty, no policy hag. Offers nothing to Scotland except embarrassment. Wish she'd get lost and get a seat doon there. 

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

If you don't like cuts to public services in Scotland, you'll be voting for a party that will ensure we retain more of the economic wealth generated here then? 

Your maths are incorrect..  independence means tax rises and austerity  - it’s that simple. if I’m wrong point me in the direction of anything credible which suggests otherwise.. “Internet articles written by Indy fanatics don’t count”

The truth  is the SNP have never published one which, the reason is because it would destroyed like the 2014 one inside 5 minutes..

If there was an economic case the SNP would have made that case again and again and again because independence would be a home run.

they are no better than boris and co in this regards, happy to lie to the population to ensure they achieved Indy, at any cost!!

ive squandered my vote voting for the Lib Dem’s - the tories are liars happy to see us poorer after brexit, the SNP are fanatics who want Independence no matter the cost and no matter the lies they have to tell to secure it, labour are laughable and would bankrupt the country inside 5 years with their crazy spending policies.. I don’t massively like Jo Swinson - but the bar is low

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Your maths are incorrect..  independence means tax rises and austerity  - it’s that simple. if I’m wrong point me in the direction of anything credible which suggests otherwise.. “Internet articles written by Indy fanatics don’t count”

The truth  is the SNP have never published one which, the reason is because it would destroyed like the 2014 one inside 5 minutes..

If there was an economic case the SNP would have made that case again and again and again because independence would be a home run.

they are no better than boris and co in this regards, happy to lie to the population to ensure they achieved Indy, at any cost!!

ive squandered my vote voting for the Lib Dem’s - the tories are liars happy to see us poorer after brexit, the SNP are fanatics who want Independence no matter the cost and no matter the lies they have to tell to secure it, labour are laughable and would bankrupt the country inside 5 years with their crazy spending policies.. I don’t massively like Jo Swinson - but the bar is low

How can the SNP tell us what our economy would be like? We don't know our finances as those idiots in WM won't tell us and I wonder why? It's all speculation and they wouldn't be in power after achieving self governance. WM has created a 2 trillion debt! 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

How can the SNP tell us what our economy would be like? We don't know our finances as those idiots in WM won't tell us and I wonder why? It's all speculation and they wouldn't be in power after achieving self governance. WM has created a 2 trillion debt! 

roxy - we know what the GDP of Scotland is, despite the technicalities of “who” signs the cheque we know what our spending is, it would be very simple to make assumption on how much we would save by removing Scotlands share of spending in the RUK and very easy to make some assumptions over the supposed growth we will see after independence.

the truth is in the short to medium term we’d see massive spending cuts and tax hikes.. 

that’s why the SNP will not present their view on the economic future of Scotland, even before the referendum in 2014 they produced it at the last minutes and it was torn to shred within about 2 hours because of the ludicrous assumptions it contained.. (all forgotten because we said no)

it would kill the independence movement overnight.  (Except for those who want self determination no matter the cost- I respect that even though I don’t agree with it)

Edited by kingantti1874

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Spending in Scotland is a a big part of the reason that debt exists.  You may not like it but it’s true 

Malinga the Swinga
17 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Same for me. Couldn't vote for any party led by Boris, couldn't vote for any party led by Jeremy C and although I believe Cherry will win my seat, she has done absolutely nothing for constituency and doesn't deserve my vote. Voted Lib Dem for first time as they seem like best of a bad bunch.

Have to say polling booth was busiest I have seen for a long while with steady queue before and after me.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

roxy - we know what the GDP of Scotland is, despite the technicalities of “who” signs the cheque we know what our spending is, it would be very simple to make assumption on how much we would save by removing Scotlands share of spending in the RUK and very easy to make some assumptions over the supposed growth we will see after independence.

the truth is in the short to medium term we’d see massive spending cuts and tax hikes.. 

that’s why the SNP will not present their view on the economic future of Scotland, even before the referendum in 2014 they produced it at the last minutes and it was torn to shred within about 2 hours because of the ludicrous assumptions it contained.. (all forgotten because we said no)

it would kill the independence movement overnight.  (Except for those who want self determination no matter the cost- I respect that even though I don’t agree with it)

Do you just listen to the SNP? I've read all sorts for and against. What cheques, what are our finances, what do the SNP know? I'm getting on a bit so I've had enough of the too poor stuff so I will take self governance and all its glory. I also respect your decision to feel differently it's just frustrating that we can't get the propaganda in our favour. 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

My gut feeling is that labour will nick enough to have a go at a coalition. What about you dudes?

Nah.    Heavy chance of a Tory majority.  Slim chance of a hung parliament but enough for the Tories to buy the DUP again for a working majority.    Tories not being able to form a C&S government is a very long shot.

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

My gut feeling is that labour will nick enough to have a go at a coalition. What about you dudes?

Think Boris will get his majority, 5-10 seats, its difficult to gauge / understand the mindset in leave constituencies when you live and work in one that voted 70% remain

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Do you just listen to the SNP? I've read all sorts for and against. What cheques, what are our finances, what do the SNP know? I'm getting on a bit so I've had enough of the too poor stuff so I will take self governance and all its glory. I also respect your decision to feel differently it's just frustrating that we can't get the propaganda in our favour. 

The reason there is no propaganda On “our side”  is because there’s no substance..

if my family were going to be better off then I’d vote for independence 100%..

ive never see any evidence for that.. 

Malinga the Swinga

Much as I would settle for a hung Parliament, can't see anything beyond Conservative win with majority of about 25 to 30 seats. Would love to be wrong and see that smile wiped off Boris's ****ing smug fat face but reckon the English in North East are so desperate to 'Get Brexit Done' that they don't care about unemployment, they don't care about education or the downfall of the NHS, they believe that coming out of Europe will resolve all their problems and issues.

Economists can't tell you how much better off you'll be in three month's time never mind projecting something like Independence 20 years into the future ffs

The question is simply: Who do you trust more to make decisions that affect Scotland? Westminster or Holyrood?

Scotland could be really important.    SNP exterminate the 13 and things get interesting.      Tories snaking in via Scottish seats = a ****ing nuclear option nightmare.   

Shanks said no

Houghton and Sunderland South likely to be first to declare around 11pm.

Labour will win it but their majority will give an indication what has happened to the brexit vote in the North East of England.

Labour    Bridget Phillipson        24,665    
Conservative    Paul Howell    12,324  
UKIP    Michael Joyce    2,379  
Liberal Democrats    Paul Edgeworth    908    
Green    Richard Bradley    725    
Independent    Michael Watson    479    
Majority    12,341   
Turnout    41,480    60.9%    
Labour hold  

61.3 per cent Leave

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

maroonlegions
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Keep your eye on Wales. Reckon Labour are in for it.

Choice is simple, no matter what the well of say. 

No photo description available.

Wales is a really funny wee world.    Proudly Welsh,  proudly patriotic,  proud of their language.    Reject Plaid.   Vote to be a region of England.   Vote to leave the EU but moan like **** about Wales being an afterthought of Brexit.     Some do want independence but Wales is 100 times as far away as Scotland from being independence sustainable.

Odd people.

maroonlegions

Billionaire right wing newspaper owners telling the poor that a man who cares is dangerous and they and  the few  like them who hoard their wealth  are the ones to be trusted. The biggest con in history.

79960522_439568506734979_475597800453701632_o.jpg

...a bit disco

Wake up to Tories Oot in the morning and my ass virginity is up to the first 10 interested parties.

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Wake up to Tories Oot in the morning and my ass virginity is up to the first 10 interested parties.

An unusual way of celebrating, but each to their own!

6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

They are coming, believe, the small towns, the countryside, the city's, the suburbs. From the high rise in the ghettos, from the homeless on the street's. People will come.

Every drop of water, makes an ocean.

The seat I work in. I'd be very surprised if it changed hands. It's certainly closer than Swindon North but both have been won by the Conservatives 3GEs running. Prior to that, Labour won both 3 GEs on the trot, all with Blair as PM.

Just now, Jeff said:

Virginity you say

Forgetting of course that after the first, it won't be virginity that is being offered any more. Unless they're planning to go for all ten at once.

...a bit disco
Just now, Jeff said:

Virginity you say

Aye.

What you saying like?

:jjyay:

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

An unusual way of celebrating, but each to their own!

Another tick off the bucket list!

Dunno if I'll stay up for the election results. The thought of they tory ****s getting another Majority with Boris at the helm depresses the shit out of me. 

The UK deserves everything that it gets if they vote for that prick. Hopefully the rest of the Scottish remainers grow a set and realiae how much of a ***** they made of it in 2014 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Dunno if I'll stay up for the election results. The thought of they tory ****s getting another Majority with Boris at the helm depresses the shit out of me. 

The UK deserves everything that it gets if they vote for that prick. Hopefully the rest of the Scottish remainers grow a set and realiae how much of a ***** they made of it in 2014 

Do you not think if people had known Cameron would announce a referendum in 2015, more would have voted for independence?  

Sadly I think the Con party will get a majority of around 50+

Might be a blessing in disguise if Scots finally get the message that the only way we will get democracy is by getting Independence. 

Boris will destroy the Tory vote in Scotland in the same way Thatcher did. 

The results of the imminent exit poll will probably determine if I stay up or not... If we're talking Tory landslide, I'm off to bed.

Malinga the Swinga

That's it for me. Country is ****ed wit the most dishonest and treacherous PM the country has ever known winning a huge majority. Corbyn simply has to go with a predicted worst ever result.