General Election 2019

Shanks said no

The Conservatives are set to win an overall majority of 86 in the general election, according to an exit poll for the BBC, ITV and Sky News.
The survey taken at UK polling stations suggests the Tories will get 368 MPs - 50 more than at the 2017 election - when all the results have been counted.
Labour would get 191, the Lib Dems 13, the Brexit Party none and the SNP 55.
The Green Party will still have one MP and Plaid Cymru will lose one seat for a total of three, the survey suggests.
The first general election results are due before midnight, with the final total expected to be known by Friday lunchtime.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

Just now, Zlatanable said:

Vote SNP to stop Boris. What could possibly go wrong. 

Damn, I forgot about you. You're going to be insufferable now, if you weren't before. The way to stop Boris was to tactical vote against the Tories. Unfortunately, either not enough people did or that or there are just too many Tory voters out there. No matter. We're fecked now unless we can break free from the UK.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Victorian said:

Country full of utter ****wits.      Makes you weep.

Both in Scotland and UK. People voting for blinkered nationalism instead of looking at bigger picture. Tragic result.

I said to the wife tonight that I’d suffer a Corbyn government for a few years just to an EU referendum. Looks like I may not need to suffer if the exit polls are right. 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Country full of utter ****wits.      Makes you weep.

This. We're heading rapidly towards Idiocracy.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Yeah nice one dusk

:facepalm:

In fairness, people have been warning about Corbyn time and time again. Labour are finished I’m afraid because they’re gripped by people who back him.

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The reason there is no propaganda On “our side”  is because there’s no substance..

if my family were going to be better off then I’d vote for independence 100%..

ive never see any evidence for that.. 

It's not all about the economy for me. We would have to go through pain I expect but I believe in the people who live here to make it a success. We already export more than we import. We have massive energy resources. I believe that the self confidence and  control would really engage the people. We would also get the governments we vote for! 

4 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Vote SNP to stop Boris. What could possibly go wrong. 

Seems Scotland did its bit. England gets what it voted for. Scotland gets what England voted for.

(according to the exit polls).

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Said for years Corbyn is unelectable but somehow continued to be the Labour leader.

Hopefully he falls on his sword now.

Just now, Barack said:

Said about Wales. I reckon about 10 seats have gone in Wales...

Brexit will **** Wales up and down the house.   Yet they've just rubber stamped it.

Just now, redjambo said:

Hopefully he falls on his sword now.

Has to surely but what does it matter? Horse has bolted for 5 years.

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Damn, I forgot about you. You're going to be insufferable now, if you weren't before. The way to stop Boris was to tactical vote against the Tories. Unfortunately, either not enough people did or that or there are just too many Tory voters out there. No matter. We're fecked now unless we can break free from the UK.

191 + 55 = 738. Obviously that was the only way to keep the Tories out.

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Corbyn and Swinson goners

Swinson's almost certainly lost her seat too. As Labour are in the grip of Momentum, Corbyn will be replaced by someone similar and endure a further gubbing by whatever buffoon is in charge of the Tories then. Sad, sad times.

I never get what I vote for.  

Will you support my Independence from Scotland?

What? You want a lift to Berwick?

Corbyn has to go now. This is as clear evidence as you will get that the public see him as unelectable as a PM. He cannot change those minds. It has been obvious for long enough.

Still, good night for the SNP and hopefully we are away from this whole shitshow before too long.

Malinga the Swinga

Can't wait to hear how Corbyn and the assholes of Momentum manage to spin this utterly pathetic and ridiculous result for Labour. A tragic movement destroying a once proud political movement within a few years. Congratulations to all of them for believing their own spin and hype and failing the country.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Have to say, second Indy ref inevitable now - and justified given snp support 

Aye, Boris will agree to it.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Said for years Corbyn is unelectable but somehow continued to be the Labour leader.

Teflon Jezza. unbelievable how he didn’t get binned after 2017, spun as some sort of victory. Labour need to shift back to the centre like they were under Blair and Brown or they will be in opposition forever 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Teflon Jezza. unbelievable how he didn’t get binned after 2017, spun as some sort of victory. Labour need to shift back to the centre like they were under Blair and Brown or they will be in opposition forever 

Owen Jones and the like. Cheerleaders with no objectivity

Jambo, Goodbye
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Seems Scotland did its bit. England gets what it voted for. Scotland gets what England voted for.

(according to the exit polls).

I said it weeks ago. Scotland would be as well not taking part. We can't influence the GE and historically we have only managed it three times since WW2.

We get the party England decides it fancies most. Utterly pointless union to be a member of. 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Have to say, second Indy ref inevitable now - and justified given snp support 

To be fair it will depend on the actual percentage of the vote. Even in the SNP take all seats they might be winning seats with 40% of the vote whilst the 3 Unionist parties are split. She would have to get over 50% before requesting another Referendum 

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, Gorgiewave said:

A glorious exit poll. Labour routed. Now to rout the SNP in 2021.

That will start in January when Salmond's trial begins..

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Brexit will **** Wales up and down the house.   Yet they've just rubber stamped it.

Very difficult to feel sorry for Wales. They have voted for self destruction so simply deserve what they get.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Adam Murray said:

Ultimately, The Labour party's flip flopping over Brexit has cost them dear.

The members for continuing to back Corbyn has cost them dear

He's an arsehole and now people have woke up to the fact

Jambo, Goodbye
1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

That will start in January when Salmond's trial begins..

That'll have 0 effect on the SNP. Unless they were complicit.

3 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

No chance. Rebecca Long-Bailey or one of the other Momentum nutters up next. Labour is finished as a serious political party. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

The members for continuing to back Corbyn has cost them dear

He's an arsehole and now people have woke up to the fact

Too late unfortunately. There are lots of good moderates in Labour but these clowns are awful.

Walter Bishop

I think we will hear this type of argument a lot. 

I don't know what you expect in a democracy. I despise the SNP, and have to put up with them. Cos it is a democracy.

Exactly.

Looks like Scotland has been royally ****ed by the rest of the UK yet again.

Since the 70s we've only actually had a government we voted for 50% of the time. And some Scottish people are actually celebrating this. 

Edited by Ray Gin

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Very difficult to feel sorry for Wales. They have voted for self destruction so simply deserve what they get.

It's just a microcosm of the same ****wittery in England & Wales,    but amplified.      People voting to be hammered on the bogus prospectus of an illusion.