• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Ok ..

It was true about  that poor child being treated on  that hospital floor, despite claims by Tory trolls. And the mother didn’t ask for the press to take it down.

But why let the truth get in the way of  Tory trolls. 

What kind of vermin would seek to distort the truth of a child in desperate need of medical attention, and by that very act, seek to distort or deny  that the NHS is in a serious way because of 10 years of Tory  cuts and willful underspending. And also try to make out that the mother of that child was in on it... 

Total Tory vermin that"s  who. If indeed they do suffer catastrophic  losses and a right kicking in the election then i will be a very happy man..

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I fail to see how that is BoJo's fault.

Its happening all over the country at present and in hospitals run by Labour, SNP, DUP and Tory governments.

The NHS is totally overwhelmed by really frail elderly people who are incredibly complex, ill and need care.

Sometimes the system cannot cope, but to lay it all on one party is unhelpful.

fail to see how labour would fund everything, and pump endless billions into the NHS too

maroonlegions
12 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Its happening all over the country at present and in hospitals run by Labour, SNP, DUP and Tory governments.

The NHS is totally overwhelmed by really frail elderly people who are incredibly complex, ill and need care.

fail to see how labour would fund everything, and pump endless billions into the NHS too

Feck me, 10 years of Tory NHS underfunding , cuts ect and you deny any blame on the Tories and Boris.

Nice try, but you reek of utter Tory blame game shiffiting.

Why dont you fax off your above cop out and blame shifting  post to the mother of that boy mate.

This is by no means a first , folk have died waiting in hospital corridors for treatment  and whats your answer , no doubt sell it off to Trump and the US medical multinationals that will create even more deaths and misery. 

A Tory even once tried to claim that the NHS was founded by the Tories... 

Tories a liar and cop out merchants to a man.. 

They never like it up em and when caught out they act like the cowards they are and invent lies to snake out of their  responsibilities and actions.

Where have you been , on Mars, the amount of senior NHS staff , doctors and even consultants that have came out and rightly laid the blame at your  squeaky clean  government bursts your bubble.

You try and deny any direct  NHS underfunding from the last ten years of this nasty party, a sure sign that you have lost the argument and are trying to defend a government that has heeped  misery  on millions .

Yo do realise that Boris by his actions of taking that reporters  phone off him and putting it in his POCKET was a direct and wilful act of sheer and utter gulit..

Image may contain: 2 people, text

maroonlegions
23 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Uber rich posh Tory up to no good I see.

Funny how such people look like or have a soulless expression .

No human compassion at all, selfservatives at their best.  

19 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

These facts are used by people with agendas to denigrate all parties with what in essence is an insurmountable problem. 
The one thing about the benefits of the NHS and it’s success is, it’s success brings its own problems. Your point about frail elderly people highlights this. 
People are living longer and with that brings more challenging illness. More people are surviving illness that used to kill us and the survivors in many cases require ongoing treatment. 
All these things add a burden to the NHS both structurally and financially. People’s mind set needs to change when they think of the NHS. Here’s an example. For many treatments mostly minor you can now see the local pharmacist who can prescribe treatments. You be amazed how many people are totally unaware of this. My wife is a Band7 Health Visitor and can also prescribe (albeit limited) and she can also provide initial advise prior to seeing a GP. In my surgery we a Nurse Practitioner who can be consulted and prescribe antibiotics among other things. 
The upshot to help alleviate the pressure at peak periods there needs to be an education programme run to point out these first alternatives to treatment. 

Spitonastranger
5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Funny how such people look like or have a soulless expression .

No human compassion at all, selfservatives at their best.  

That's Tories for you and their supporters

6 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

These facts are used by people with agendas to denigrate all parties with what in essence is an insurmountable problem. 
The one thing about the benefits of the NHS and it’s success is, it’s success brings its own problems. Your point about frail elderly people highlights this. 
People are living longer and with that brings more challenging illness. More people are surviving illness that used to kill us and the survivors in many cases require ongoing treatment. 
All these things add a burden to the NHS both structurally and financially. People’s mind set needs to change when they think of the NHS. Here’s an example. For many treatments mostly minor you can now see the local pharmacist who can prescribe treatments. You be amazed how many people are totally unaware of this. My wife is a Band7 Health Visitor and can also prescribe (albeit limited) and she can also provide initial advise prior to seeing a GP. In my surgery we a Nurse Practitioner who can be consulted and prescribe antibiotics among other things. 
The upshot to help alleviate the pressure at peak periods there needs to be an education programme run to point out these first alternatives to treatment. 

Investment last 9 years has been so well short of what is needed though. 

Of course things can be reorganised. Always can be more efficient. And prevention ultimately is the way to coping. 

But we are way short of the funding needed. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Investment last 9 years has been so well short of what is needed though. 

Of course things can be reorganised. Always can be more efficient. And prevention ultimately is the way to coping. 

But we are way short of the funding needed. 

Indeed. The big question is how much funding is needed. I’ve yet to see anyone say for example  “an extra £10B now will be enough” or whatever. The NHS is a poisoned challis to any political party. Even the much loved SNP can’t get it right. 

As for selling off the NHS this has gone on for years and all governments are and have been doing it. Sometimes it’s financially prudent and makes perfect sense to employ outside agencies to provide certain services. 
My son served his time as an engineer in the NHS (Lothian) and over time we seen more and more of his work being done by outside agency's. He left and has worked elsewhere for about three years but now will start a new job in January with a company who look after, repair maintain things like incubators and other stuff on behave of the NHS(Scotland). 
My point as stated in the first paragraph is certain services are better served by outside agencies. It doesn’t all have to be done in house. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

No matter the result on Friday labour have fought a magnificent campaign I feel . Rightly highlighting the NHS , poverty , education and mostly side stepping Brexit which was the right thing to

do. Just been watching the news and two different items with Doris and JC at rallies . What a difference in them , JC brilliant , eloquent , empathetic , intelligent whereas Doris well he was just Doris ! Now going fir the jugular saying JC “ security risk “ I would cry if it wasn’t so pathetic and comical . 

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

The only burden to the NHS has been the jokers who have been in power for the last ten years.

No photo description available.

Hope scotland whipe out the Tories and Lib Dems. Dont care if it is SNP or Labour in all honesty. 

I'll be voting SNP

I know the LDs became an overcrowded lifeboat for a bunch of MPs who,   for various reasons,   realised that their previous parties offered little for their own prospects,    but Sarah Wollaston is a country mile the best LD candidate to be their leader.     One of the best politicians in the country.

Anyone else wishing they learnt a trade when they were younger? Jetting off to New Zealand sounds quite tempting these days.

Can just tell we are set for a tory majority

Some scumbag(Most probably CCHQ) has set up a Facebook page claiming that wee boy laying on the floor of the hospital was staged managed by his Mum. Pathetic!

8 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Are we heading for another hung parliament where the DUP are the kingmaker?

You couldn't make this shit up.

Libdems will back the Tories. Jo Swinson the new deputy PM. That's only if the Tories don't win.

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Libdems will back the Tories. Jo Swinson the new deputy PM. That's only if the Tories don't win.

A LibDem Brexit.  Awesome. 

59 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

LibDems messed up badly in 2017.

That would have been the time to do it. Somehow spooked by their first Coalition though. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

No they won't, and not because Swinson says so, but because of brexit, Lib Dems & the Tories are polar opposites on brexit, no way on earth could you square that circle.

1 hour ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Are we heading for another hung parliament where the DUP are the kingmaker?

You couldn't make this shit up.

Not the DUP, no they won't back the Tories this time, no matter how much money is flung at them, not after Bories stabbed them in the back over brexit.

17 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Not the DUP, no they won't back the Tories this time, no matter how much money is flung at them, not after Bories stabbed them in the back over brexit.

What the Conservatives say they have now is that every MP will totally back Boris' plan over Europe. They got all the candidates  to sign something.

But the fundamental problem is this. A trade deal with the EU could be straightforward. If the UK agrees to align all standards over labour, the environment and state aid etc. EU and likes of France have been clear on this. But Boris and his group have said they want full freedom. Not to be aligned. So they can do deals with rest of the world. That then is in the realm of the 7 / 10 years to do a deal with EU. It's one or the other. 

So its align with EU or it's no Deal.

Edited by Mikey1874

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Some scumbag(Most probably CCHQ) has set up a Facebook page claiming that wee boy laying on the floor of the hospital was staged managed by his Mum. Pathetic!

And at least one of the folk that had a tweet made public claiming that they were a friend of a staff nurse in Leeds and that the whole thing was stage managed has said they don't know anyone in Leeds.

As a PS for the first time Firefox sent me a note yesterday that they had blocked a social media sight trying to access my data and activity....

None of my other browsers or security providers have done this before.

Coincidence?

Been to Leeds, early 90s and then again around 2002.

(I know it has nothing to do with the election or the Tories up to no good.  Maybe...)

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What the Conservatives say they have now is that every MP will totally back Boris' plan over Europe. They got all the candidates  to sign something.

But the fundamental problem is this. A trade deal with the EU could be straightforward. If the UK agrees to align all standards over labour, the environment and state aid etc. EU and likes of France have been clear on this. But Boris and his group have said they want full freedom. Not to be aligned. So they can do deals with rest of the world. That then is in the realm of the 7 / 10 years to do a deal with EU. It's one or the other. 

So its align with EU or it's no Deal.

Confused what the above has to do with the DUP backing the Tories if there was a hung parliament?

After much thought (I’m not in a position to vote this time) a hung parliament is the best option for me. I have never seen such a useless bunch of politicians in my life. None of them are any good which is a sad reflection on our society as it stands today. 
I hope it is a hung Parliament that way we will get to vote on leaving the EU or remaining (which I believe will be Remain)  and Scotland would most likely get another Indy referendum (which I believe will be a No again). Once these things are out of the way we can then revisit the GE again without the baggage of referendums and Brexit.

Edited by Dannie Boy

It's been bizarre that almost the entire Cabinet has been in hiding all the way along this campaign.

Javid stuck his head above the parapet to make spending pledges they have no intention of honouring.

Boris has ducked and dived and point blank refused to engage in any way.

All the rest have been hidden away.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's been bizarre that almost the entire Cabinet has been in hiding all the way along this campaign.

Javid stuck his head above the parapet to make spending pledges they have no intention of honouring.

Boris has ducked and dived and point blank refused to engage in any way.

All the rest have been hidden away.

Baw Jaws has resorted to hiding in a fridge.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/11/boris-johnson-hides-in-fridge-to-avoid-piers-morgan-interview

edit - missed that this was already mentioned above :vrface: 

Edited by Ray Gin

23 minutes ago, Barack said:

Labour chums. Question.

Should they win tonight, resulting in a Tory majority...should Jeremy Corbyn resign?

Will he offer? Has there been an opposition leader who's lost 2 GE's, and still remained?

Is the election not tomorrow?

However i’m sure Corbyn will remain as his cult say until Lawson is ready to come out his hovel and lead Britain to greatness once more he is the best option. 

Utterly inept if he loses and loses BJ with a majority and thats when the fun starts. #nodealbrexitiscoming 😒

24 minutes ago, Barack said:

Labour chums. Question.

Should they win tonight, resulting in a Tory majority...should Jeremy Corbyn resign?

Will he offer? Has there been an opposition leader who's lost 2 GE's, and still remained?

Impossible to answer. 

He has the backing of his entire grass roots membership and the unions.

The Tory party are running on empty and have resorted to Boris as the best they can offer so he very well may just sit it out and wait for the next GE.

The last election was a shock as everybody predicted a huge Tory majority.

That gave him a more solid platform.

almost a decade under the Tories lets look at what they've done for Britain:

-More food banks than McDonalds
(Foodbank use has risen 3800%, yes three thousand)
-In Work Poverty
-Child Poverty (child poverty in working families! has risen 38%)
-Life expectancy falling
-Boarded up high streets
-Homelessness increased
-120,000 killed by austerity
-Failing NHS, notably even worse in the rest of Tory and Labour led uk than here in Scotland
-Selling off the NHS (£15billion+ of private contracts handed out!)
-Benefits Cut for those in need
-More sanctions handed out

This election is so important 'cause if Boris johnson gets locked in for another 5 years then they'll be more of this, more kids starving and more folk worrying about heating their homes and feeding their families over how they'll PAY for their medical treatment.
Love England, Love Scotland, folk can reach across these isles and hold whatever beliefs they may but uk politics is so broken. The catalyst for change (for hopefully all parts of uk) is in Scotland choosing its own path.

I'm voting SNP and ensuring Scotland has a strong voice.

Remember you can have another chance to vote in a future referendum. The NHS and devolved powers might not be so lucky if Johnson gets his way.

9 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

-In Work Poverty
-Life expectancy falling
-Boarded up high streets
-Homelessness increased
-Failing NHS, notably even worse in the rest of Tory and Labour led uk than here in Scotland

This election is so important 'cause if Boris johnson gets locked in for another 5 years then they'll be more of this, more kids starving and more folk worrying about heating their homes and feeding their families over how they'll PAY for their medical treatment.
Love England, Love Scotland, folk can reach across these isles and hold whatever beliefs they may but uk politics is so broken. The catalyst for change (for hopefully all parts of uk) is in Scotland choosing its own path.

Remember you can have another chance to vote in a future referendum. The NHS and devolved powers might not be so lucky if Johnson gets his way.

great Post 👍🏻

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Baw Jaws has resorted to hiding in a fridge.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/11/boris-johnson-hides-in-fridge-to-avoid-piers-morgan-interview

edit - missed that this was already mentioned above :vrface: 

Brave sir Boris ran away. When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled.

5 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Brave sir Boris ran away. When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled.

:isee:

25 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

:rofl: 

I've never seen anything like it. 1 day before a general election and a man hoping to be elected as Prime Minister runs away from an interviewer on live TV and hides in a fridge, while ones of his aides swears at the TV crew. 

And the incredible thing is that it won't make any difference, and the numbskulls who were going to vote for him won't care one bit that he's yet again shown himself to be a slithery coward who can't stand up to scrutiny. This is the man they are happy to have running the country. What a sorry state the UK is in.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Is the election not tomorrow?

However i’m sure Corbyn will remain as his cult say until Lawson is ready to come out his hovel and lead Britain to greatness once more he is the best option. 

Utterly inept if he loses and loses BJ with a majority and thats when the fun starts. #nodealbrexitiscoming 😒

He'd get my vote ahead of any of the current leaders :D 

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

-In Work Poverty
-Life expectancy falling
-Boarded up high streets
-Homelessness increased

You've not mentioned what they've done to education. Even with the 'promise' of £26 billion, it would only bring the state sector back, in real terms, to where it was pre-austerity - give or take. That doesn't allow anything to repair the damage that's been done during the years of austerity. 

But why should the Tories care about that? All their gits who come through the private school sector (with its disgraceful charity status) won't care what damage is being done among the oiks. 

Mind Gordon Brown called a bigoted woman a bigoted woman and it likely cost him.any chance of winning the election? 

Different times these days.

27 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I've never seen anything like it. 1 day before a general election and a man hoping to be elected as Prime Minister runs away from an interviewer on live TV and hides in a fridge, while ones of his aides swears at the TV crew. 

And the incredible thing is that it won't make any difference, and the numbskulls who were going to vote for him won't care one bit that he's yet again shown himself to be a slithery coward who can't stand up to scrutiny. This is the man they are happy to have running the country. What a sorry state the UK is in.

I watched it this morning. His bodyguard was a bit of a prick anaw.