General Election 2019

Shanks said no

6 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I cannot thing of a single moment, when an SNP politician has been kind, or empathetic, or decent. 

No prescription charges, free bus passes, free Uni, against nuclear weapons but they're not empathetic? Trying their best with a reduced budget. They don't get everything right but are far more decent than any WM party or government. Ffs. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

No prescription charges, free bus passes, free Uni, against nuclear weapons but they're not empathetic? Trying their best with a reduced budget. They don't get everything right but are far more decent than any WM party or government. Ffs. 

I know you have to still fund things. Saw SNP saying they introduced free personal care.

Labour / Liberal Coalition did that and a lot of the other things. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

All of it. Let's compare this to the lying racist, anti black, anti Muslim, anti Scottish (Something in common, with you), terrorist sympathising, Tory, Etonian, poor hating, British/English nationalist(Another thing in common), EU hating , US loving, Middle East bombing, NHS selling twat. 

Pointless arguing with trapper. Just a loyalist troll who spouts outlandish lies. Best ignored

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Which part of the description of Corbyn being a lying, racist, anti semitic, IRA loving, terroristic sympathising, Marxist do you disagree with?

Seriously, try spending some time with normal people mate. You can still turn yourself around. 😊

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I know you have to still fund things. Saw SNP saying they introduced free personal care.

Labour / Liberal Coalition did that and a lot of the other things. 

They did Mikey but I don't trust WM parties anymore and with good reason! 

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Seriously, try spending some time with normal people mate. You can still turn yourself around. 😊

Have you asked the normal people about this ?

🤨

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Have you asked the normal people about this ?

🤨

I think if every normal person gave a hate-filled, brainwashed pleb just a small amount of their time then the world would be a better place. ❤️

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

I think if every normal person gave a hate-filled, brainwashed pleb just a small amount of their time then the world would be a better place. ❤️

There’s normal “ nice “ and normal “ **** off, ya turnip. “

You are a better man than I !

such a shame the odds give away the results before it happens though i mean 1/25 on the conservatives to win the election and SNP 1/33 to be scotlands overall vote its no exactly rocket science whats coming

Trapper John McIntyre
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Seriously, try spending some time with normal people mate. You can still turn yourself around. 

Trapper John McIntyre
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Pointless arguing with trapper. Just a loyalist troll who spouts outlandish lies. Best ignored

Pointless arguing with Gnats. Just a bunch of loons who spout outlandish lies. Best ignored

Trapper John McIntyre
4 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

All paid for by the English taxpayer.

5 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

All paid for by the English taxpayer.

Lies. That's a ridiculous comment and you know it. I pay my taxes including council tax which isn't the English taxpayers ya lunatic! What's the point with you? You've got to be a Sevco fan or an ignorant oaf. 

Trapper John McIntyre
5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Lies. That's a ridiculous comment and you know it. I pay my taxes including council tax which isn't the English taxpayers ya lunatic! What's the point with you? You've got to be a Sevco fan or an ignorant oaf. 

Upset by the truth are you?

Forgot, you're a nat.

Just now, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Upset by the truth are you?

Forgot, you're a nat.

What truth? Show me Scotland's finances so I can discern for myself. Your are a Britnat and the way you talk about Scotland is very demeaning. Are you Scottish? 

Trapper John McIntyre
6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What truth? Show me Scotland's finances so I can discern for myself. Your are a Britnat and the way you talk about Scotland is very demeaning. Are you Scottish? 

Why do you ask? Whats that got to do with it?

Aren't you aware you completely diminish your argument  once you use the 'are you Scottish' card?

Have you any awareness?

Space Mackerel
14 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Aren't you aware you completely diminish your argument  once you use the 'are you Scottish' card?

Have you any awareness?

It would be quite ironic if English people had to apply for settled status after Indy eh? 🤡

19 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Have you any awareness?

I think he's only asking if you're Scottish because you appear to loathe and disparage Scotland and the Scots so much that it would be very strange indeed if you were actually Scottish yourself. I've asked myself the same question too.

Weakened Offender
52 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Seriously, try spending some time with normal people mate. You can still turn yourself around. 

“All propaganda must be presented in a popular form and must fix its intellectual level so as not to be above the heads of the least intellectual of those to whom it is directed.”
“The receptive powers of the masses are very restricted, and their understanding is feeble. On the other hand, they quickly forget. Such being the case, all effective propaganda must be confined to a few bare essentials and those must be expressed as far as possible in stereotyped formulas. These slogans should be persistently repeated until the very last individual has come to grasp the idea that has been put forward. Every change that is made in the subject of a propagandist message must always emphasize the same conclusion. The leading slogan must of course be illustrated in many ways and from several angles, but in the end one must always return to the assertion of the same formula."

Adolf Hitler. 

😊

5 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

“All propaganda must be presented in a popular form and must fix its intellectual level so as not to be above the heads of the least intellectual of those to whom it is directed.”
“The receptive powers of the masses are very restricted, and their understanding is feeble. On the other hand, they quickly forget. Such being the case, all effective propaganda must be confined to a few bare essentials and those must be expressed as far as possible in stereotyped formulas. These slogans should be persistently repeated until the very last individual has come to grasp the idea that has been put forward. Every change that is made in the subject of a propagandist message must always emphasize the same conclusion. The leading slogan must of course be illustrated in many ways and from several angles, but in the end one must always return to the assertion of the same formula."

Adolf Hitler. 

😊

What a load of rubbish.

Anyway, what I say is Get Brexit Done!!!

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Who said that?

Me. ;) I was only commenting on the quote of WO's - I hadn't read anything that had gone before. The classic clichéd catch-phrase which essentially doesn't mean much when deconstructed but which is thrust down folk's throats like a marching army's mantra couldn't be better illustrated at the moment than by "Get Brexit Done". Simplistic politicking at its finest.

Nucky Thompson

There should be a fair number of Tory voters in the Hearts support with us being the establishment club.

Hopefully the bookies are correct and the Conservatives will have a big majority next week.

13 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I cannot thing of a single moment, when an SNP politician has been kind, or empathetic, or decent. 

Take your Sun glasses  off and you'll  see a lot clearer

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There should be a fair number of Tory voters in the Hearts support with us being the establishment club.

Hopefully the bookies are correct and the Conservatives will have a big majority next week.

The poll suggests we are a Nationalist club now. 😊

2 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Have you any awareness?

I'm asking because of your attitude towards us. It's weird! By all means disagree but we are not subhuman and could quite easily govern ourselves. 

Nucky Thompson
41 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

The poll suggests we are a Nationalist club now. 😊

Aye kickback represents the real World :D

No doubt the Nationalists will get the majority of seats in Scotland, but seeing as we are part of a United Kingdom, it won't matter a jot in a majority Tory government.

Trapper John McIntyre
2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Adolf Hitler. 

😊

Since you were the first to mention the Fuhrer, I raise you Arthur Donaldson.

Image result for Arthur Donaldson

Trapper John McIntyre
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm asking because of your attitude towards us. It's weird! By all means disagree but we are not subhuman and could quite easily govern ourselves. 

Who are 'we'?

Subhuman? Natz love to use these quaint, barely disguised phrases.

Love badges, too.

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

Trapper John McIntyre
3 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

It would be quite ironic if English people had to apply for settled status after Indy eh? 🤡

'English people'? How will they defined in the new Scotland?

This thread is now taking a rather NSDAP slant..I mean all these subliminal messages hidden in various nationalists posts.

Are they all typing away to Gotterdamerung on their earphones?

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

7 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Who are 'we'?

Subhuman? Natz love to use these quaint, barely disguised phrases.

Love badges, too.

Badges? I've got a poppy one. 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Since you were the first to mention the Fuhrer, I raise you Arthur Donaldson.

Image result for Arthur Donaldson

2AAB124F00000578-3169457-Controversial_Buckingham_Palace_is_braced_for_new_embarrassment_-a-70_1437481655224.jpg

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Mmmm theres a lot of it about.

There'll be a lot more if the zoomers like you win on Thursday. 

Trapper John McIntyre
12 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

There'll be a lot more if the zoomers like you win on Thursday. 

Why so offensive all the time?

Are you new to this? Or  is it something personal?

John Gentleman

I've just been reading this article on the local ABC news site.

It may be a naive question, but after ~9 years of Tory rule do they really think their material circumstances will improve by voting in more Tories? Sure, they'll get a swift Brexit, but as with any tumultuous economic event the already poor will fare much worse than the already rich.

Perhaps they just want to warm their hands on the fading embers of empire?

9 hours ago, indianajones said:

Prefer to keep Hearts and politics seperate to be honest. 

People vote based on their football team. ::facepaw::

Trapper John McIntyre

60/40 Unionists split. Tories on the rise,  despite Ruth Davidson gone, looks like they'll keep all their seats and maybe pinch a Nat. Labour up and looking a little steadier and Lib Dems confidant of taking Gethins and Blackford.

Tactical voting will cause Nats more skidmarks.

So much for the Boris effect.

Scottish Westminster voting intention:

SNP: 39% (-1)

CON: 29% (+1)

LAB: 21% (+1)

LDEM: 10% (-1) via

, 03 - 06 Dec Chgs. w/ 22 Nov

7 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

I've just been reading this article on the local ABC news site.

It may be a naive question, but after ~9 years of Tory rule do they really think their material circumstances will improve by voting in more Tories? Sure, they'll get a swift Brexit, but as with any tumultuous economic event the already poor will fare much worse than the already rich.

Perhaps they just want to warm their hands on the fading embers of empire?

Yeah

Riots on the streets?

Blame Labour? 

Nigel Farage is staying in politics he says this time. 

Will change it from the Brexit Party to the Refirm Party and will campaign for proportional representation and House of Lords reform. 

Depends on Boris delivering Canada or No Deal though surely. 

Still think the SNP are on course for moderate to significant gains. You gov poll, prior to panelbase, said as much. Fairly sure the figures in the panelbase would result in gains as well. 

Also seems the snp vote is more likely to get out this time round. 

Hopefully voters down south wake up and vote with their heads. 

Edited by jambogaza

1 hour ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

60/40 Unionists split. Tories on the rise,  despite Ruth Davidson gone, looks like they'll keep all their seats and maybe pinch a Nat. Labour up and looking a little steadier and Lib Dems confidant of taking Gethins and Blackford.

Tactical voting will cause Nats more skidmarks.

So much for the Boris effect.

Scottish Westminster voting intention:

SNP: 39% (-1)

CON: 29% (+1)

LAB: 21% (+1)

LDEM: 10% (-1) via

, 03 - 06 Dec Chgs. w/ 22 Nov

Dream on 

By the way there is only one way to get rid of Brexit immediately which is what I think everyone wants and that is if the middle ground voter votes to remain.  Then it all stops and we go back to getting on with our lives. Job done