Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

8 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It is a worry that we might have to try and replace Naismith and Djoum. That is not an easy task. The market we operate in, it’s not something you just go and do. Hopefully we keep Naismith and only have to try and replace Djoum, Inthink that’s more feasible than trying to replace the pair. 

Keep Naismith and extend Haring’s Deal, on top of the deals we’ve done already, and I don’t think we will be too far away, with just three really good signings, mainly in the wide and central attacking areas.

We will see though. Plenty left to play for this season, as you said.

Replacing Djoum isn’t a worry......

It’s not like he’s stepped up to the plate during these last few months and dragged the team up by the scruf of the neck. He’s been every bit as culpable as the rest for our well below par performances.

I think the last time I left a stadium thinking Djoum gave everything was possibly at ER in December. Even then he wasn’t as good on the night as Haring.

Edited by DH1986

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

The Future's Maroon

If we win the cup, he’ll step down himself.

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But you don't think the injuries have made any difference?

Oh there is no doubt about that they made a huge difference to the team.

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

It’s not like he’s stepped up to the plate during these last few months and dragged the team up by the scruf if the neck. He’s been every bit as culpable as the rest for our well below par performances.

I think the last time I left a stadium thinking Djoum gave everything was possibly at ER in December. Even then he wasn’t as good on the night as Haring.

Sorry to disagree in a way, but I think the opposite, I think he has tried to step up....because of trying to win a deal somewhere.

Geoff the Mince
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

How many key players were missing in November, and since?  They are gradually coming back into the team but some are taking more time than others to get back in the groove after a long lay-off.  I wish it were different but that is the reality.

I have not particularly enjoyed the football recently but understand the difficulties we've had.  Too many on here who appear to have an excessive sense of entitlement.

I hope I'm wrong Al and we get back to that early season form,   but we may lose a few players for next season 

who will be hard to replace and I don't think the support will be willing to accept another extended period of poor form/football .

16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You might have a point if it wasn't for the fact we have some very important games coming up.

Absolute madness to even contemplate changing manager and coaching staff at this point when we could still have a very positive end to the season.

I get the impression that some people have let their hatred of CL cloud their commonsense. 

If we were fighting relegation and banking on a change as a last resort I could see the point but we have had a reasonable season by our own standards and could end up as a good season.

To be honest with you I am not advocating that we do change the manager right now as I agree with what you are saying to some extent. My whole input to this thread has been about how a change of manager could affect the team's performance even if we do not have a change of playing staff. Now for the record I am most definitely not a CL hater so forget that. What I will say is that I have slowly but surely come to the conclusion that the team could be doing better and that CL's management style is maybe not helping matters. People are saying but were only a few points from this position and we are in with a chance of a CF and we are BUT and it is a massive BUT our football is absolutely pish to watch and I defy anybody to say otherwise ...that is a management issue not a players issue in my opinion. I said in another thread that if the ends justify the means and three points or a win is all that matters the we should just crack on but why anybody would want to pay to watch what is being dished up at the moment is a mystery to me. I watch but online as I live abroad. 

17 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

If we win the cup, he’ll step down himself.

That's the dream scenario, we win the cup and he can walk away a cup winning hero, I'm sure we'd all be willing to forget the eye bleeding football we've endured under him and move on.

I get the feeling we won't win the cup and he'll stay on, forcing us through another season of turgid boring football.

13 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

It’s not like he’s stepped up to the plate during these last few months and dragged the team up by the scruf of the neck. He’s been every bit as culpable as the rest for our well below par performances.

Okay mate. No worries. I rate him a bit higher than that, but I hope we manage to replace him without too much bother.

Alex Kintner
36 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

:wow:

Enzo Chiefo
57 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Actually unless I’ve got my numbers wrong...Levein has won the same amount of away games as Neilson did (7) and lost the same amount of away games (6)? ?

We still have 5 or 6 away games left and all we need is one more away win for Levein to have improved upon Neilson’s record ??

You could well be right, I just had a quick trawl through the results. So they both have  the same success rate but the poster had claimed that Levein had "turned around "Neilson's away record. Of course CL could end of the season with more away wins or losses than RN ..or indeed both!  It did seem strange at the time that there was such a clamour for Neilson to go . He certainly left in style with the victory against Rangers leaving us 2nd.

Randy Marsh
52 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Agreed.  Djoum is a good player but replaceable.

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You could well be right, I just had a quick trawl through the results. So they both have  the same success rate but the poster had claimed that Levein had "turned around "Neilson's away record. Of course CL could end of the season with more away wins or losses than RN ..or indeed both!  It did seem strange at the time that there was such a clamour for Neilson to go . He certainly left in style with the victory against Rangers leaving us 2nd.

Neilson didn’t have to play away matches at Easter Road or Ibrox in his 1.5 seasons in the SPL which makes Levein’s achievement even better (not that there was anything wrong with Neilson’s away form imo).

Neilson was a fantastic manager for us. Reach the final and finish top four and Levein will have out-performed him though imo

Kirky Jambo
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Neilson didn’t have to play away matches at Easter Road or Ibrox in his 1.5 seasons in the SPL which makes Levein’s achievement even better (not that there was anything wrong with Neilson’s away form imo).

Neilson was a fantastic manager for us. Reach the final and finish top four and Levein will have out-performed him though imo

The second paragraph is debateable to say the least, even disregarding Neilsons season in the championship which was exceptional.

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, everton_jambo said:

The second paragraph is debateable to say the least, even disregarding Neilsons season in the championship which was exceptional.

Unbelievable Championship season. Finished third in the SPL in first season back and left us in second place. Only blot on his copybook is his derby record, particularly the capitulation against them in the cup.

3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Get it in to your heads as much as you love HMFC  Levein is a ****ing loser end of

Well, who can argue with that !

?

6 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Get it in to your heads as much as you love HMFC  Levein is a ****ing loser end of

No. ?

54 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

That's the dream scenario, we win the cup and he can walk away a cup winning hero, I'm sure we'd all be willing to forget the eye bleeding football we've endured under him and move on.

I get the feeling we won't win the cup and he'll stay on, forcing us through another season of turgid boring football.

I agree. Lets hope we win the cup!

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Calling a club legend a ****ing loser. 

hearts-class-level-above-hibs-jambos-bos

9 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Not a fan then? Or have I picked up the wrong nuance in your post.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

No. ?

The level of rage yesterday’s win seems to have brought out in some Hearts “fans” is fantastic entertainment.

:pleasing:

22 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

:cornette:

I think your desperation and throwing insults at club legends shows you up as a complete embarassment and utterly classless.

Therefore the only loser is yourself.  Have one of these and dry your eyes:

:loser::rudi:

Edited by frankblack

22 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Enjoy the fact we came away with the 3 points yesterday ? was it a win or loss , who was in charge ?

39 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

The level of rage yesterday’s win seems to have brought out in some Hearts “fans” is fantastic entertainment.

Weirdos.

This argument about whether Levein should be replaced or not is irrelevant.

Craig Levein is not going anywhere soon. Source? Craig Levein.

4 minutes ago, spug said:

Excellent.  The loons will be seething.

:clyay:

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Imagine the levels of rage if we end up 3rd and win the cup. 

big_trouble.jpg

rick witter
8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Silly me, i'd forgotten we have a squad full of Premier League, Champions League and World Cup winners just waiting for the right management to come in and spark them into life. What a truly idiotic comparison. Take it Levein is Mourinho in your example!

What about exhibit B Mr Steve Clarke??? 

17 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Hiya Richard! Hiya Pal! ?

Mr Elwood P
20 minutes ago, rick witter said:

He had an exceptional 2018 with Kilmarnock. In 2019 they have been abysmal. Bubble burst or poor patch? That is yet to be seen. Kilmarnock play a very industrial form of football and have done all season. At least we played some great stuff at the start of the campaign. He also hasn't achieved anything in anything in either cup competition.  

Maybe we should follow this example at PSG for those unhappy and see if it helps............

'Champions PSG, who are not in league action this weekend, are 14 points clear of second-placed Lille in Ligue 1 with two games in hand.

Meanwhile, the club moved Sunday's training session from their training ground to their Parc des Princes stadium because of security concerns, according to French press agency AFP.

They said there was graffiti saying 'Shameful! Spineless' and 'Respect us'. About 500 fans were allowed inside the stadium but subjected the players to insults.'

Alex Kintner
20 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He had an exceptional 2018 with Kilmarnock. In 2019 they have been abysmal. Bubble burst or poor patch? That is yet to be seen. Kilmarnock play a very industrial form of football and have done all season. At least we played some great stuff at the start of the campaign. He also hasn't achieved anything in anything in either cup competition.  

Kilmarnock 2019:

P10

W2

D4

L4 

Goals for 7

Goals against 12

?

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Kilmarnock 2019:

P10

W2

D4

L4 

Goals for 7

Goals against 12

?

Hearts 2019.

P 11

W5

D3 

L3

Goals for 15

Goals against 11

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hearts 2019.

P 11

W5

D3 

L3

Goals for 15

Goals against 11

We’ve only conceded 9 ??

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

We’ve only conceded 9 ??

The negativity on here must be contagious. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

No no no. Using your logic, Levein's Cup record doesn't stand up to scrutiny because,  unlike Neilson, he hasn't had to face Celtic, Aberdeen or Hibs. Neilson finished 3rd and left us 2nd. Levein would need to finish 2nd or win the Cup to eclipse Neilson

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, spug said:

The choice won't be his.

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No no no. Using your logic, Levein's Cup record doesn't stand up to scrutiny because,  unlike Neilson, he hasn't had to face Celtic, Aberdeen or Hibs. Neilson finished 3rd and left us 2nd. Levein would need to finish 2nd or win the Cup to eclipse Neilson

It’s surely a lot harder to finish 3rd in a league that contains Rodgers’ Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Pep Clarkiola’s Kilmarnock than it was to finish 3rd in a league with Ronny Deila’s Celtic and Aberdeen? ??‍♂️

Edited by To Be Frank

Enzo Chiefo
15 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

It’s surely a lot harder to finish 3rd in a league that contains Rodgers’ Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Pep Clarkiola’s Kilmarnock than it was to finish 3rd in a league with Ronny Deila’s Celtic and Aberdeen? ??‍♂️

And in the same way, it's a lot easier to reach a Cup Final when you are playing Livvy,  Auchinleck, Partick and Inverness than when facing Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs,.

We need more posters tying themselves in to pretzel shapes in order to force a negative viewpoint imo.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And in the same way, it's a lot easier to reach a Cup Final when you are playing Livvy,  Auchinleck, Partick and Inverness than when facing Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs,.

Absolutely. Neilson doesn’t have a cup final appearance to compare it to though. ?

gowestjambo

It also seems to be easier on JKB to justify woeful performances and failure to beat bottom of the League teams, than suggest we set our sights higher.

They seem to have a warped badge of honour, to critisise any posts which does not sit in their comfort zone of mediocrity.

Enzo Chiefo
6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Absolutely. Neilson doesn’t have a cup final appearance to compare it to though. ?

Neither does Levein. He did have to face Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs though. Stephen Robinson leaves both of them in his slipstream to be fair.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Neither does Levein. He did have to face Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs though. Stephen Robinson leaves both of them in his slipstream to be fair.

Is Stephen Robinson your new pin-up, mate? Who’s that been now?

Wright

Clarke

Robinson

... Looking forward to your championing of Brian Rice and Paul Heckingbottom in the coming weeks. :lol:

I see "accepting mediocrity" is this years "deluded".

I like the change boys. Very 2019.

Oh and this nonsense about who you draw in a Cup is a special kind of bollocks.

Alex Kintner
11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So you’d quite happilly accept a manager who finishes bottom six every season as long as he reaches a couple of cup finals? ??‍♂️

Edited by To Be Frank

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

So you’d quite happilly accept a manager who finishes bottom six every season as long as he reaches a couple of cup finals? ??‍♂️

3602814B-E121-4919-BDC4-527D10BEC86B.jpeg

7 hours ago, VladMagic said:

Agreed however this one has been done more times that a Leith hooker. It goes round and round. Every time there is a loss its the same thing over and over again. Same people waiting in the wings to rehash the same boring negative arguments.

There really is nothing more to say on the subject but the same people will say the same thing again and again. 

Its been done to death and as I pointed out above nothing will be done with regard to Leveins position unless something drastic happens like not making the split before anything (potentially) would happen.

This will not stop the same posters saying the same thing over and over again.

Perhaps if I keep saying the same boring thing over and over again it might sink in just how many times the same thing has been said over and over again?

Oh and I forgot something over and over again. "opinions" which people are entitled to. We know their opinions as we have heard them over and over again.

You getting me now sport?

Like you.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic