• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

When a club rises from the ashes, as we did, you sign the players you can afford with the little money you have so it is inevitable that some/most will be shit.  You're competing in the basement market and slowly working up.

As we moved on we have signed better players and fewer duds.  Other financial obligations (new stand , academy set-up etc) are just about in the rear miror and this seson we have signed better quality (eg Washington, Halkett, Walker, Whelan}.  Hopefully that incremental build will continue.

Rangers were in a similar situation and they too have had to sign and discard numerous players,  It would be ridiculous to compare our signing numbers with those of established clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen

The first season we came back into the top league we had the third biggest budget, the fourth the season after and ever since. Where is this bargain basement nonsense coming from, apart from you rather empty head. You’ve been shown the figures on May occasions yet just don’t accept it you’re wrong, again. The amount of times you’ve repeated these lies is unbelievable, are you related to Levein, Johnson or Trump?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

Our signing policy when it comes to getting players from lower league clubs is nowhere near as good as it used to be.  Name one player in the budge era that we have signed from lower league Scottish clubs that has been a success?  Five years and not one has really came good.  The majority of posters on here think wigton us utter rank.  They must all be talking rubbish.  Name one player in the last five years that has been a success after signing from a lower league club? If we are signing good players from those clubs, then maybe the coaching staff should take some responsibility for them not really making any impact while here. 

All good points, Wighton is definitely a lower league player and barely scored at that  level when he played there but technically was signed from a team in the same division.
The ignore button is our friend FJ.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All good points, Wighton is definitely a lower league player and barely scored at that  level when he played there but technically was signed from a team in the same division.
The ignore button is our friend FJ.

Yes indeed, the ignore button is splendid isn't it?

I'm sure that it akes you feel all warm and cosy pretending you're right , living in a fantasy world where nobody else has a differing, or valid, opinion.

It's a shame the real world's not like that isn't it?

Edited by Spoleto
spelling

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Levein says in latest interview that the players feel it "spooky "being in the position we are in at the moment.WTF?👻

They're a week early.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

Well if that's the case, you haven't got a clue either. 

How any Hearts fan can think it’s not OUR club, there wouldn’t be a club without us and the money we pump in. Any person running the club is merely a custodian, the  present incumbent is fantastic compared to her predecessors. When the FoH take over whose club will it be if it’s not ours? I put Staccato on ignore weeks ago and alongside some other hard of thinking fan boys, it makes this place a much better experience.

ps it really annoys them when they’re ignored and and you can almost hear them stamping their feet 😆😃😜🤪

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jambonian said:

They're a week early.

I find our performances spooky and more Ground Hog Day than Halloween 🎃 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I can tell you under Craig Levein as DoF and Manager 117 players have made a competitive appearance.

When I get the chance later I shall post the full list!

Only has context if compared to other teams over the same period. 

On it's own it means nothing. 

Is it a high number, low, average, very high number? 

I'd also discount the first season as we started with about 2 senior players, or at least account for that if using that in your comparison. 

Be interesting if done properly Tbf. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Boab said:

He’s as relevant as any name mentioned in your post. I never said he was a failure.

As relevant as Amankwaa, Callachan, Vanacek, Mitchell, Smith-Brown,Gryzelak, Lee, Bozanic, Doyle, Zlamal etc (if he’s giving Levein credit for Souttar/Berra).

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As relevant as Amankwaa, Callachan, Vanacek, Mitchell, Smith-Brown,Gryzelak, Lee, Bozanic, Doyle, Zlamal etc (if he’s giving Levein credit for Souttar/Berra).

Bit harsh on Lee. 

Top assister and scored  6 goals for us last season. 

Bozanic is useful as well. 

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

"Amankwaa, Callachan, Vanacek, Mitchell, Smith-Brown,Gryzelak, Lee, Bozanic, Doyle, Zlamal"

How many in that list are you labelling as "utter shite"?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

"Amankwaa, Callachan, Vanacek, Mitchell, Smith-Brown,Gryzelak, Lee, Bozanic, Doyle, Zlamal"

How many in that list are you labelling as "utter shite"?

Apart from Lee who contributed a few goals and assists the rest are nowhere near good enough for Hearts, if we want to move forward. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bit harsh on Lee. 

Top assister and scored  6 goals for us last season. 

Bozanic is useful as well. 

Yeah but he was moved on by the management so it’s their decision that he’s not good enough, Bozanic is only useful because of our ongoing injury problems. I could’ve added MacLean to that list, and Hughes, both of whose wages would’ve been better spent on players who could contribute more.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The first season we came back into the top league we had the third biggest budget, the fourth the season after and ever since. Where is this bargain basement nonsense coming from, apart from you rather empty head. You’ve been shown the figures on May occasions yet just don’t accept it you’re wrong, again. The amount of times you’ve repeated these lies is unbelievable, are you related to Levein, Johnson or Trump?

I thought you had me on ignore.

Read my last post and try and digest it slowly.  We started from scratch virtually and built up incrementally from there.  We have been over this ground many times.  Money available for players is a long way short of turnover.

I'm not related to Trump or Johnson but I think you could be with the same regurgitated pish over and over again based wholly on your hatred for the manager.

Do you have a qualified friend who told you all the nonsense you spout or do you just have an injury adviser?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Chocolate watch to you, did you work that out all by yourself?

I will do it by season so you can figure out the manager at the time or will you need someone to do that for you?

He’s still both so are they that different, the process of finding the players has changed slightly in that Macphee helps choose which has been an improvement to 50/50 so far. He still helps find the players and signs off on them. He’s signed more proven players as a manager for his team, not as many projects, especially this season. Take from that what you will.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Apart from Lee who contributed a few goals and assists the rest are nowhere near good enough for Hearts, if we want to move forward. 

I think you're being a bit harsh tbh.

OK there's none of them the you would call stand out players but most were/are reasonable squad players.

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who would you recommend, within our budget, to take us forward?

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed. Too many fans on here have been brainwashed to accept mediocrity. 

Yes teams get players who don’t work out but we have a habit to **** it up every window and even the ones that aren’t good enough don’t get punted for a fee but instead either get their contract terminated for a fee or it runs down. 

For once I actually liked our business this summer, shame the management and board are clueless and care more about fans sitting down than they do winning games. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I thought you had me on ignore.

Read my last post and try and digest it slowly.  We started from scratch virtually and built up incrementally from there.  We have been over this ground many times.  Money available for players is a long way short of turnover.

I'm not related to Trump or Johnson but I think you could be with the same regurgitated pish over and over again based wholly on your hatred for the manager.

Do you have a qualified friend who told you all the nonsense you spout or do you just have an injury adviser?

I do but you put this nonsense out time and time again, at no point were we in the bargain basement. We had the 2nd biggest playing budget in the Championship, guys like Ozturk/Alexander/Sow/El Hassinou/Zeefuik were not bargain basement signings. Djoum/Kitchen/Souttar/Duada/Juanma/Oshiniwa/Rossi/Augustyn were not bargain basement signings. Watt/Sammon/Johnson/Tzolis/Struna/Isma/Martin, Lafferty/Berra/Naismith too. We’ve had the 3rd biggest playing budget then the 4th in the top league. We’ve signed quality players, and some awful ones, and projects that haven’t worked out. We’ve signed more than a team of players every season since we exited administration, you’re started slowly and built it up doesn’t really stand up to any scrutiny. As for your snidey comments about an Uefa A licensed coach who also has qualifications in Sports Science, has worked for the club, has a unique insight into the club and game in general, more than you could ever dream of having, just because you don’t agree with a fellow Jambo is disgusting isn’t it?

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Who would you recommend, within our budget, to take us forward?

Shankland would’ve been a better choice than Wighton, told you that before, same price. How’s about some of the great players Motherwell or Kilmarnock have signed? Same arguments, different day. 
Why have I been drawn back into this nonsense 🙈🔫, it’s like winking at your stalker 🤪.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Agreed. Too many fans on here have been brainwashed to accept mediocrity. 

Yes teams get players who don’t work out but we have a habit to **** it up every window and even the ones that aren’t good enough don’t get punted for a fee but instead either get their contract terminated for a fee or it runs down. 

For once I actually liked our business this summer, shame the management and board are clueless and care more about fans sitting down than they do winning games. 

Apart from White he went for the tried and trusted which was the right thing to do, tactics stay the same though. I sit in a standing section, some where told to sit on Sunday, I asked for the steward in the Orange jacket to make the away fans do it too, just laughed and patted me on the back.

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I do but you put this nonsense out time and time again, at no point were we in the bargain basement. We had the 2nd biggest playing budget in the Championship, guys like Ozturk/Alexander/Sow/El Hassinou/Zeefuik were not bargain basement signings. Djoum/Kitchen/Souttar/Duada/Juanma/Oshiniwa/Rossi/Augustyn were not bargain basement signings. Watt/Sammon/Johnson/Tzolis/Struna/Isma/Martin, Lafferty/Berra/Naismith too. We’ve had the 3rd biggest playing budget then the 4th in the top league. We’ve signed quality players, and some awful ones, and projects that haven’t worked out. We’ve signed more than a team of players every season since we exited administration, you’re started slowly and built it up doesn’t really stand up to any scrutiny. As for your snidey comments about an Uefa A licensed coach who also has qualifications in Sports Science, has worked for the club, has a unique insight into the club and game in general, more than you could ever dream of having, just because you don’t agree with a fellow Jambo is disgusting isn’t it?

It's very disgusting.

Almost as bad as trawling over the same nonsense you spouted 2 and more years ago.

I wonder if it's anything to do with the fact that we had a decent game at the weekend and you would not wish to see the natives becomes a little happier.

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Shankland would’ve been a better choice than Wighton, told you that before, same price. How’s about some of the great players Motherwell or Kilmarnock have signed? Same arguments, different day. 
Why have I been drawn back into this nonsense 🙈🔫, it’s like winking at your stalker 🤪.

Shankland has been well covered in a separate thread and at best could only be a matter of opinion as he is not playing the top league - because no else has signed him either. 

Why have you been drawn back in.....  Well I think it was because some poster said this

The first season we came back into the top league we had the third biggest budget,

Oh wait, that was you!!!

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I can tell you under Craig Levein as DoF and Manager 117 players have made a competitive appearance.

When I get the chance later I shall post the full list!

Here's the list - Walker on twice as he left and returned. Aside from walker its players who made a league appearance,  and split into the season they joined or made their first appearance.

14-15 15-16 16-17 17-18 18-19 19-20  
Adam Eckersley Abiola Dauda Aaron Hughes Aidan Keena Aaron Hickey Craig Halkett  
Alim Ozturk Arnaud Djoum Alexandros Tziolis Alex Petkov Ben Garuccio Conor Washington  
Alistair Roy Blazej Augustyn Andraz Struna Andy Irving Bobby Burns Glenn Whelan  
Angus Beith Callumn Morrison Bjorn Johnsen Anthony McDonald Callumn Morrison Loic Damour  
Billy King Danny Swanson Choulay Ashley Smith-Brown Clevid Dikamona Joel Pereira  
Brad McKay Dario Zanatta Conor Sammon Cammy Logan Colin Doyle Jamie Walker  
Callum Paterson Don Cowie Dario Zanatta Chris Hamilton Conor Shaughnessy Ryotaro Meshino  
Dale Carrick Gavin Reilly Don Cowie Christophe Berra Craig Wighton Aidy White  
Danny Wilson Igor Rossi Dylan Bikey Cole Stockton David Vanecek    
Gary Oliver John Souttar Euan Henderson Connor Randall Jake Mulraney    
Genero Zeefuik Juanma Faycal Rherras Connor Smith Jimmy Dunne    
Jack Hamilton Juwon Oshaniwa Isma Daniel Baur Oliver Bozanic    
James Keatings Lewis Moore Jamie Brandon Danny Amankwaa Olly Lee    
Jamie Walker Liam Smith Krystian Nowak Demetri Mitchell Peter Haring    
Jason Holt Perry Kitchen Lennard Sowah Harry Cochrane Ryan Edwards    
Jordan McGhee   Malaury Martin Joaquim Adao Sean Clare    
Kenny Anderson   Robbie Muirhead Jon McLaughlin Steven MacLean    
Kevin McHattie   Rory Currie Kyle Lafferty Uche Ikpeazu    
Miguel Pallardo   Tasos Avlonitis Leeroy Makovora Zdenek Zlamal    
Morgaro Gomis   Tony Watt Manuel Milinkovic      
Neil Alexander   Viktor Noring Marcus Godinho      
Osman Sow     Michael Smith      
Prince Buaben     Rafal Grzelak      
Robbie Buchanan     Ross Callachan      
Sam Nicholson     Steven Naismith      
Scott Gallacher            
Scott Robinson            
Sean McKirdy            
Soufian El Hassnaoui            

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It means that things could get worse, stay much the same or even improve beyond recognition.  Take your pick.

If things get worse, we might get relegated. How long do we have to see what happens with regards to it getting better or staying the same?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Here's the list - Walker on twice as he left and returned. Aside from walker its players who made a league appearance,  and split into the season they joined or made their first appearance.

Alim Ozturk Arnaud Djoum Alexandros Tziolis Alex Petkov Ben Garuccio Conor Washington  
Angus Beith Callumn Morrison Bjorn Johnsen Anthony McDonald Callumn Morrison Loic Damour  
Billy King Danny Swanson Choulay Ashley Smith-Brown Clevid Dikamona Joel Pereira  
Callum Paterson Don Cowie Dario Zanatta Chris Hamilton Conor Shaughnessy Ryotaro Meshino  
Scott Gallacher            
Scott Robinson            
Sean McKirdy            
Soufian El Hassnaoui            

Great work mate. Jesus, that is a honking list :rofl: would love Levein and his ‘recruitment department’ to explain that away.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Scott Gallacher            
Scott Robinson            
Sean McKirdy            
Soufian El Hassnaoui            

Levein is doing a grand job.

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah but he was moved on by the management so it’s their decision that he’s not good enough, Bozanic is only useful because of our ongoing injury problems. I could’ve added MacLean to that list, and Hughes, both of whose wages would’ve been better spent on players who could contribute more.

Yeah, fair enough. 

But I've no issue with Maclean being 3rd or 4th choice, it's just shite that he's been used so much. 

Hughes was useful in some games. 

His experience would have helped others as well, so not overly excited about that either. 

You did miss Stockton tho..... 😭

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Scott Gallacher            
Scott Robinson            
Sean McKirdy            
Soufian El Hassnaoui            

Ooft. 

Good work tho. 

How does that compare with other clubs? 

Bare in mind that covers admin season and a promotion season which clubs obviously recruit more. 

Rangers, hibs would be good comparisons. 

Then there would be some context. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ooft. 

Good work tho. 

Bare in mind that covers admin season and a promotion season which clubs obviously recruit more. 

Why do we need to compare with other clubs? We can judge how our signings have been without the need to compare with other clubs. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, GinRummy said:

Why do we need to compare with other clubs? We can judge how our signings have been without the need to compare with other clubs. 

This. Our signings are either good or they aren’t.

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ooft. 

Good work tho. 

Let’s not bring the 2016 Cup Finalists into this, Tosh !

:kirklol:

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ooft. 

Good work tho. 

It doesn’t change the fact that Levein is a shite manager.

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ooft. 

Good work tho. 

I might be able too I’ll see what data is available for league only appearances. Not be tonight maybe tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I might be able too I’ll see what data is available for league only appearances. Not be tonight maybe tomorrow.

Skip it, Rudy, would be my advice. It's unnecessary, won't lead to any sensible, reasonable responses and would be a complete waste of time. :)

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

Skip it, Rudy, would be my advice. It's unnecessary, won't lead to any sensible, reasonable responses and would be a complete waste of time. :)

This.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Seems a bit much work , even just numbers for comparison would be Interesting. 

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We don't. It's all designed to evade, frustrate and tie posters in knots. There's 3/4 of them who do it everyday and congratulate each other on their trolling. "spot on" is the usual hat tip. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Seems a bit much work , even just numbers for comparison would be Interesting. 

everybody know what you’re all about. He’s posted the info but you’re (for whatever reason) fishing for another angle to maybe make Levein look better. If he got the other stats you want you’d just look for another angle, then another and another.  

it’s there in black and white ffs. They’re either good players or not.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

everybody know what you’re all about. He’s posted the info but you’re (for whatever reason) fishing for another angle to maybe make Levein look better. If he got the other stats you want you’d just look for another angle, then another and another.  

it’s there in black and white ffs. They’re either good players or not.

Not at all. 

Nothing changes a sixth place finish and this seasons start. 

Be Interesting to see if we were really high, high, average etc compared to other clubs. 

13 minutes ago, martoon said:

Translation - It wouldn't suit your agenda.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Scott Gallacher            
Scott Robinson            
Sean McKirdy            
Soufian El Hassnaoui            

And that’s just the left backs...

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not at all. 

Nothing changes a sixth place finish and this seasons start. 

Be Interesting to see if we were really high, high, average etc compared to other clubs. 

😀 ffs. 

see if you want to gauge us against other clubs, we play in this thing called a league and at the end of every season we get to see how we’ve done compared to the rest. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

We don't. It's all designed to evade, frustrate and tie posters in knots. There's 3/4 of them who do it everyday and congratulate each other on their trolling. "spot on" is the usual hat tip. 

Not at all. 

Our numbers mean nothing if not given context. 

I think they'll be high but compared to say the other top 5 clubs it would give far more context. 

Nothing changes our 6th place finish last season and our poor start this season.

You can stand down, soldier. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

And that’s just the left backs...

😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Translation - It wouldn't suit your agenda.

if anybody knows about agendas it’s you. Quite the authority on the subject I’d say.

Edited by GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

😀 ffs. 

see if you want to gauge us against other clubs, we play in this thing called a league and at the end of every season we get to see how we’ve done compared to the rest. 

I said that. 

👍

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Scott Gallacher            
Scott Robinson            
Sean McKirdy            
Soufian El Hassnaoui            

That doesn't look unreasonable to me. 

A lot of young players in there and a lot of decent players in there too.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I said that. 

👍

you did. So why do we needs lists of rangers and hibs signings? So hibs bought Doidge and we bought Washington but they bought kamberi and we bought vanacek? 

so what ? 

🤣

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic