Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Gorgie Boys are in town.
17 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Aye, the funny thing is he's now a first team coach at a Premiership Club. 

Who had the last laugh? Cathro or you jokers and the Weegie Press?

The legendary fisherman returns.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 minute ago, Robert Lazar said:

What do you mean "TBF"

That's fecking insulting. 

Is it?

Aye, 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Is it?

It's cool mate, you've got 40 thousand odd posts. you can say what you like. 

What's wrong? 

What is it about the truth that you guys can't handle?

Cathros career has moved on. Onwards and upwards. 

Surely you are happy for him?

Aye, 

It's cool mate, you've got 40 thousand odd posts. you can say what you like. 

Honestly ‘mate’  if I had 40 posts,  I’d still say what I like.  :thumbsup:

Just now, Spoleto said:

What's wrong? 

I dunno how you're not banned. 

I'll probably get banned for this but i'm going to do it for the people

YOU'RE AN ABSOLUTE [filter edit]!

I dunno how you're not banned. 

I'll probably get banned for this but i'm going to do it for the people

YOU'RE AN ABSOLUTE [filter edit]!

I'll take that as a no then shall I?

5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

“See what happens”

What does that mean?

I asked "Do you want to get behind the team?"

5 hours ago, Robert Lazar said:

"Why the hell do you (and others) need to know everything?"

"See what happens"

Actually painful stuff to read on here. 

Full disclosure or bolt. 

People trying to hide things is a no go for me. 

We're supposed to be heading for fan ownership, what's going to happen after that? are we still going to be lying to each other?

You will find out when we get there.

4 hours ago, Robert Lazar said:

See if the club came out and said, aye,  we paid £250,000 for wighton but we think he will come good...

I wouldn't be as bothered. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. We all mistakes. 

But no, they make us all raging at it because they don't tell us shit. 

Why do you need to know?

3 hours ago, Spoleto said:

What's wrong? 

A poster asked you if you thought that cathro was a good manager but you somehow missed it.  Was cathro a good manager for us?  

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Why do you need to know?

Because it's his club as well? I'd like to know if we have spent 250k for whigton to see how much money we actually wasted.  You think it was money well spent?  We pay a lot of money for a guy who couldn't get in the Dundee first team and has been pretty rank for us and you dont know why fans would like to know how much we did actually spend.  

3 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

Because it's his club as well? I'd like to know if we have spent 250k for whigton to see how much money we actually wasted.  You think it was money well spent?  We pay a lot of money for a guy who couldn't get in the Dundee first team and has been pretty rank for us and you dont know why fans would like to know how much we did actually spend.  

Good luck with getting answers to those questions from wee Al. He always asks a lot of questions, much like JIH did, but never answers any himself 

3 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Good luck with getting answers to those questions from wee Al. He always asks a lot of questions, much like JIH did, but never answers any himself 

The club isn’t going to go into complete disclosure mode just because FoH becomes the major shareholder. There will still be information not shsred outside the boardroom. 

7 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

You might like to explain that.

We have "wasted" a lot of money on transfers like many other clubs as every transfer doesn't work out as hoped.

If you're a shareholder you can look at the relevant accounts when published and then ask your questions at the next AGM

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I asked "Do you want to get behind the team?"

Yes, and I am behind the team as proven by the inordinate amount of money I spend following them.

What does ‘see what happens’ mean? See what happens when, exactly?

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We have "wasted" a lot of money on transfers like many other clubs as every transfer doesn't work out as hoped.

If you're a shareholder you can look at the relevant accounts when published and then ask your questions at the next AGM

It's a discussion board about hearts.  What's wrong with asking here?  We aren't talking about any other transfer, we ate discussing the fee we paid for whigton and if it was worth it.  I thought that's the sort of thing we would discuss on a site discussing hearts.  

8 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

A poster asked you if you thought that cathro was a good manager but you somehow missed it.  Was cathro a good manager for us?  

Did they?

Where's the post?

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You want me to explain why it's his club as well?  You dont think it is his club? Your another one who should give us a list of the things we aren't allowed to talk about.  It would be helpful.  

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Did they?

Where's the post?

Have a wee look.  Someone asked you if they thought cathro was a good manager.  Rather than me search for the post, just give us an answer. 

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

Have a wee look.  Someone asked you if they thought cathro was a good manager.  Rather than me search for the post, just give us an answer. 

No!!!  👍👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

You want me to explain why it's his club as well?  You dont think it is his club? Your another one who should give us a list of the things we aren't allowed to talk about.  It would be helpful.  

Permitted topics:

INJURIES

Banned topics:

everything else

The Old Tolbooth
8 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

The club didn't pay for Wighton, our mystery money man did. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Permitted topics:

INJURIES

Banned topics:

everything else

Summed up beautifully :thumbsup:

Ex member of the SaS

The thing is, it's not just the money wasted on Wighton. Levein has spunked money on well over 104 players with only a handful either worth it or still at the club. NO other team has used / brought in as many players, yet we still can't beat.... I was going to say lower league teams, but we can't get much lower ourselves, there are only two teams below us and one of them is on the same points!

Money has been throw at below par players since we returned from the Championship yet it's swept under the carpet. Money that could have built a team to challenge for the top or pay for a large lump of the new stand.

13 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Mystery money man reveal.........

Craig Wightons dad!

18 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I can't see any post, you'll need to point me in the right direction I'm afraid.

26 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

It's a discussion board about hearts.  What's wrong with asking here?  We aren't talking about any other transfer, we ate discussing the fee we paid for whigton and if it was worth it.  I thought that's the sort of thing we would discuss on a site discussing hearts.  

Actually it's a thread titled "Levein's time is up". 

Perhaps you should start a thread called "How much did Hearts pay for Wighton?" if you really want to find out.

11 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The thing is, it's not just the money wasted on Wighton. Levein has spunked money on well over 104 players with only a handful either worth it or still at the club. NO other team has used / brought in as many players, yet we still can't beat.... I was going to say lower league teams, but we can't get much lower ourselves, there are only two teams below us and one of them is on the same points!

Money has been throw at below par players since we returned from the Championship yet it's swept under the carpet. Money that could have built a team to challenge for the top or pay for a large lump of the new stand.

"well over 104" - that's a strange number to select.

"NO other team has used / brought in as many players"

I'm genuinely interested. Are these facts?

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No!!!  👍👍

Are you posting from the same hoose as yourself?  You're no spoleto as well?  

Just now, FruitJuice said:

Are you posting from the same hoose as yourself?  You're no spoleto as well?  

There’s only me here, at the moment. 🤔

42 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

So that poster telling me to wait until the agm is wasting my time, and how do you know this?  

We_are_the_Hearts
46 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Sack the Mystery Money Man!

25 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Perhaps you should start a thread called "How much did Hearts pay for Wighton?" if you really want to find out.

We ate discussing the various reasons why levein isn't good at his job.  

35 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Wee bit of advice.  See if a thread starts discussing things that think aren't relevant, just respond to the posts that you think are worthwhile.  It'll take up less of your time ignoring them than it does telling us what you think is relevant.  It's quite easy?  

Why dont you just let the mods decide what is relevant to each thread?  Don't you think they are competent enough?

I Think they do a great job...

Edited by FruitJuice

57 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I haven't mentioned what you are allowed to talk about or not talk about.  You just made that up, didn't you?

I asked why it was "his club as well"?

If he is not a shareholder, it's not his club.  If he is a shareholder, he will be able to challenge Board decisions at the AGM.

If he is not a shareholder but a FoH contributor he will presumably have more rights following the fans' takeover.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, JamboAl said:

I haven't mentioned what you are allowed to talk about or not talk about.  You just made that up, didn't you?

If he is not a shareholder, it's not his club.  If he is a shareholder, he will be able to challenge Board decisions at the AGM.

If he is not a shareholder but a FoH contributor he will presumably have more rights following the fans' takeover.

What does ‘see what happens’ mean?

Ex member of the SaS
30 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

"well over 104" - that's a strange number to select.

"NO other team has used / brought in as many players"

I'm genuinely interested. Are these facts?

Yes the number has been quoted but it was before the Wighton deal so will be higher still. Don't have the means to find out exact numbers but I am sure someone can. As for no other team it's fairly obvious that it's true.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So hearts aren't my club unless I own shares? Wow!  

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What does ‘see what happens’ mean?

It means that things could get worse, stay much the same or even improve beyond recognition.  Take your pick.

12 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

We ate discussing the various reasons why levein isn't good at his job.  

Are we?And where does Wighton come into the equation exactly?

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yes the number has been quoted but it was before the Wighton deal so will be higher still. Don't have the means to find out exact numbers but I am sure someone can. As for no other team it's fairly obvious that it's true.

I would have thought as an ex military many 🙂 you would be more precise. 

I've seen many things "quoted" on here, not many of them are factual. So you are basically just bumping your gums going on rumour. It's good to know where we stand.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

How many times a day do you ask questions you already know the answer to?

Wumming uo the board with a lot of shit as usual.

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

So hearts aren't my club unless I own shares? Wow!  

Technically and legally that is correct. 

WOW, did you not know that?  I thought that was elementary.

You can't possibly expect Mrs B or CL to explain to you every little thing that happens during the year just because you are a customer/client/patron - or even a shareholder for that matter.  They wouldn't have time to do much else.  In addition many details are commercially sensitive.

Just now, Spoleto said:

Because the point was made about the type of player we used to sign from smaller clubs compared to now.  We used to sign players like McCann, Cameron etc.  Players who were the best players in those teams at the time rather than players who couldn't get a game for Dundee and Inverness.  Just ignore the posts you think are irrelevant and that'll save you time.  It'll also stop you telling us what we can discuss.   If a thread is going off topic the mods will do what they are good at...  do you think the mods aren't doing a good enough job policing threads so you have to do it for them?  If I was a moderator, I'd be a wee bit offended by that.  

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

How many times a day do you ask questions you already know the answer to?

Wumming uo the board with a lot of shit as usual.

How do I know the answer? I don't even know what his point / question is. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic