Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Technically and legally that is correct. 

WOW, did you not know that?  I thought that was elementary.

You can't possibly expect Mrs B or CL to explain to you every little thing that happens during the year just because you are a customer/client/patron - or even a shareholder for that matter.  They wouldn't have time to do much else.  In addition many details are commercially sensitive.

So technically hearts aren't my club? Thanks for letting me know.  

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

So technically hearts aren't my club? Thanks for letting me know.  

I thought you would have known that technically and legally that is the case.

It is good to get as many details from the club as possible and more so if the news is good.

Whether it's your club or not, why do you NEED to know what Wighton , or anyne else, cost?

4 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Because the point was made about the type of player we used to sign from smaller clubs compared to now.  We used to sign players like McCann, Cameron etc.  Players who were the best players in those teams at the time rather than players who couldn't get a game for Dundee and Inverness.  Just ignore the posts you think are irrelevant and that'll save you time.  It'll also stop you telling us what we can discuss.   If a thread is going off topic the mods will do what they are good at...  do you think the mods aren't doing a good enough job policing threads so you have to do it for them?  If I was a moderator, I'd be a wee bit offended by that.  

Wighton has been capped at every Scotland International level up to the U21's and was highly regarded as a potential star of the future so I fail to see your point.

Why do you keep going on about the mods? I don't see your point there either, specifically because I've never even mentioned them.

Just now, JamboAl said:

I thought you would have known that technically and legally that is the case.

It is good to get as many details from the club as possible and more so if the news is good.

Whether it's your club or not, why do you NEED to know what Wighton , or anyne else, cost?

To see if we the club are getting value for the fans money that they are spending.  Next you'll be telling us it's not the fans money... 

Bazzas right boot

Because the point was made about the type of player we used to sign from smaller clubs compared to now.  We used to sign players like McCann, Cameron etc.  Players who were the best players in those teams at the time rather than players who couldn't get a game for Dundee and Inverness.  Just ignore the posts you think are irrelevant and that'll save you time.  It'll also stop you telling us what we can discuss.   If a thread is going off topic the mods will do what they are good at...  do you think the mods aren't doing a good enough job policing threads so you have to do it for them?  If I was a moderator, I'd be a wee bit offended by that.  

You use two examples of good players. 

For every 1 there has been 3 or 4 poorer ones. 

The best players from these teams tend to go to the OF or down south now, that is a reality. Our pulling power for those types of players is not as high anymore, surely you can see that? 

We did sign Halkett tho, who was One of Livingstons best players so we still try that market. 

Wighton may still come good as well and if not he's a squad player behind Uche, Naismith and Washingston. Two of who are still current internationals. 

Our signing policy is no worse than before but has adapted with the market. 

Time will tell on our signings on a whole when they are fit and play more. 

Our signing policy in the last year has seen a change and I'm hopeful that will see a positive change. 

Harping on about Wighton is pointless. 

CL will go or stay on results, not if Wighton is a good or bad signing. 

Far bigger argument to get rid of CL than using Wighton. 

I hope the lad comes good in time. 

The Old Tolbooth
30 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

So that poster telling me to wait until the agm is wasting my time, and how do you know this?  

I just do, we have/or did have (I have no idea if he's still contributing or not) a mystery money man who isn't even a Hearts fan, but sees our club as the best platform to give youth a chance in the SPL, and he chose us to spend a little bit of money on securing some of the best young talent, although starting off with Wighton wasn't the greatest of ways to waste your money. 

For what it's worth, I tend to agree with a lot of your points, but you'll never get through to the hard of thinking on here, do yourself a favour and reduce your stress levels by ignoring them mate. 

Just now, Spoleto said:

Wighton has been capped at every Scotland International level up to the U21's and was highly regarded as a potential star of the future so I fail to see your point.

Why do you keep going on about the mods? I don't see your point there either, specifically because I've never even mentioned them.

Because it's the mods job to decide if a thread is going off topic and they dont need you to do it for them.  You keep telling us what is relevant to the discussion when it's not up to you.  Unless you think they aren't monitoring threads as good as they should.  

Just ignore the posts you think are irrelevant.  It's quite easy  

To see if we the club are getting value for the fans money that they are spending.  Next you'll be telling us it's not the fans money... 

Do you believe customers of M&S or Tesco expect their Boards to explain every detail of their expenditure.?  I don't think so.

I am telling you that once you pay your money either for a ST or single game admission, yes it is their money.  Does that need explaining?

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Because it's the mods job to decide if a thread is going off topic and they dont need you to do it for them.  You keep telling us what is relevant to the discussion when it's not up to you.  Unless you think they aren't monitoring threads as good as they should.  

Just ignore the posts you think are irrelevant.  It's quite easy  

"You keep telling us what is relevant"

Actually no I don't. 

But of course in the scheme of things Wighton IS pretty irrelevant to this thread.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

You use two examples of good players. 

For every 1 there has been 3 or 4 poorer ones. 

The best players from these teams tend to go to the OF or down south now, that is a reality. Our pulling power for those types of players is not as high anymore, surely you can see that? 

We did sign Halkett tho, who was One of Livingstons best players so we still try that market. 

Wighton may still come good as well and if not he's a squad player behind Uche, Naismith and Washingston. Two of who are still current internationals. 

Our signing policy is no worse than before but has adapted with the market. 

Time will tell on our signings on a whole when they are fit and play more. 

Our signing policy in the last year has seen a change and I'm hopeful that will see a positive change. 

Harping on about Wighton is pointless. 

CL will go or stay on results, not if Wighton is a good or bad signing. 

Far bigger argument to get rid of CL than using Wighton. 

I hope the lad comes good in time. 

Our signing policy when it comes to getting players from lower league clubs is nowhere near as good as it used to be.  Name one player in the budge era that we have signed from lower league Scottish clubs that has been a success?  Five years and not one has really came good.  The majority of posters on here think wigton us utter rank.  They must all be talking rubbish.  Name one player in the last five years that has been a success after signing from a lower league club? If we are signing good players from those clubs, then maybe the coaching staff should take some responsibility for them not really making any impact while here. 

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How many times a day do you ask questions you already know the answer to?

Wumming uo the board with a lot of shit as usual.

Use the ignore button mate. 

I had to. 😏

Just now, Spoleto said:

Actually no I don't. 

But of course in the scheme of things Wighton IS pretty irrelevant to this thread.

The players brought in during CL’s tenure is as relevant as anything else on this thread. The thread is about his management of the team.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you believe customers of M&S or Tesco expect their Boards to explain every detail of their expenditure.?  I don't think so.

I am telling you that once you pay your money either for a ST or single game admission, yes it is their money.  Does that need explaining?

We aren't a supermarket  we are fans of the club not customers.  Unless that's all you think we are?  I'm now beginning to understand why they keep referring to the football dept.  

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Actually no I don't. 

Exhibit A  

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

The players brought in during CL’s tenure is as relevant as anything else on this thread. The thread is about his management of the team.

And to balance Wighton (if you decide to say that he is a  failure) you have Uche, Meshino, Naismith, Walker, Halkett, Berra, Smith, Clare, Mulraney, Whelan, Souttar ................ 

So what is the relevance of Wighton?

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

We aren't a supermarket  we are fans of the club not customers.  Unless that's all you think we are?  I'm now beginning to understand why they keep referring to the football dept.  

If you're not a shareholder. then yes you are a customer/client/patron or whatever.  Unfortunaly Hearts, and all other clubs, are a business and that's what provides the wherewithal to run a football club.  No money= no club.

The point is you have no right to know all that goes on but I think you know that and are being deliberately obtuse.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Our signing policy when it comes to getting players from lower league clubs is nowhere near as good as it used to be.  Name one player in the budge era that we have signed from lower league Scottish clubs that has been a success?  Five years and not one has really came good.  The majority of posters on here think wigton us utter rank.  They must all be talking rubbish.  Name one player in the last five years that has been a success after signing from a lower league club? If we are signing good players from those clubs, then maybe the coaching staff should take some responsibility for them not really making any impact while here. 

Name a couple of players that any team has signed from the lower divisions? 

It's just not as common anymore due to quality and the issues I mentioned before. 

You need context if comparing Hearts from now to 20 odd years ago. 

It's not just a Hearts thing. 

Wighton has been poor, but he may yet still come good. 

Also in Cotext of CL leaving it's at best a tiny point. 

The success of lower league players for us and in the top league is an entirely different subject, but it is an Interesting one. 

If discussing transfers, we need to look at them all, Surley.?

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

And to balance Wighton (if you decide to say that he is a  failure) you have Uche, Meshino, Naismith, Walker, Halkett, Berra, Smith, Clare, Mulraney, Whelan, Souttar ................ 

He’s as relevant as any name mentioned in your post. I never said he was a failure.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

He’s as relevant as any name mentioned in your post. I never said he was a failure.

But FJ is. He's trying, and failing, to make a very big point about Wighton.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If you're not a shareholder. then yes you are a customer/client/patron or whatever.  Unfortunaly Hearts, and all other clubs, are a business and that's what provides the wherewithal to run a football club.  No money= no club.

The point is you have no right to know all that goes on but I think you know that and are being deliberately obtuse.

I'm not being deliberately obtuse.  Discussing how the club spends money on players is a common thing among football fans.  You're the the one being pedantic when it comes to who's club it is.  

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Is that all the good ones you can pick out from over 104 players? I think you've just won the argument for FruitJuice :lol: 

Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

Is that all the good ones you can pick out from over 104 players? I think you've just won the argument for FruitJuice :lol: 

You do realise the significance of ............... don't you?

I think you've just lost the argument for yourself 🙂

Just now, Spoleto said:

....................................................................................................do I win now?

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I'm not being deliberately obtuse.  Discussing how the club spends money on players is a common thing among football fans.  You're the the one being pedantic when it comes to who's club it is.  

It's not YOUR club though is it? I thought you'd grasped that point!

Edited by Spoleto
spelling

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Name a couple of players that any team has signed from the lower divisions? 

It's just not as common anymore due to quality and the issues I mentioned before. 

You need context if comparing Hearts from now to 20 odd years ago. 

It's not just a Hearts thing. 

Wighton has been poor, but he may yet still come good. 

Also in Cotext of CL leaving it's at best a tiny point. 

The success of lower league players for us and in the top league is an entirely different subject, but it is an Intersting one. 

Tiny point or not, they are all relevant in discussing how good the manager is at his job. Especially as spending money wisely is a good trait to have in a manager.  You said we are changing our signing policy when it comes to these players.  That must mean that they are admitting they haven't got it right.  

Just now, Spoleto said:

It's not YOUR clue though is it? I thought you'd grasped that point!

Well if that's the case, you haven't got a clue either. 

Tiny point or not, they are all relevant in discussing how good the manager is at his job. Especially as spending money wisely is a good trait to have in a manager.  You said we are changing our signing policy when it comes to these players.  That must mean that they are admitting they haven't got it right.  

I thought you said that you weren't trying to be deliberately obtuse?

Just now, Spoleto said:

I thought you said that you weren't trying to be deliberately obtuse?

Eh?  You'll need to point out where I have been. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

....................................................................................................do I win now?

It depends what game you are playing.

No one is stopping you discussing it, are they?  All your discussions on Wighton's vfm will be based on newspaper and other speculation.

I am explaining that technically and legally you have no right to know anything if you are not a shareholder.  The club may, or may not, choose to issue snippets but that is not obligatory just to suit you. 

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

It's very easy to put ................... when you're struggling to think of many more decent players that's been signed under this regime, there will of course be a few, but the majority have been utter shit, let's not dress it up as something else eh? 

4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It's very easy to put ................... when you're struggling to think of many more decent players that's been signed under this regime, there will of course be a few, but the majority have been utter shit, let's not dress it up as something else eh? 

I tell you what, if you want to list all the players that CL has signed and identify the "majority" that "have been utter shit" please be my guest. Of course if you choose not to that's your prerogative and I'll take your comment with a large pinch of salt.

Edited by Spoleto
spelling

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

6th place finish would say to me we need better players in general. 

Wighton as a debate is pointless, the overall signing policy is a worthy debate in this tho. 

We then go onto Injuries to many of these key signings and we go round in circles. 

I'll let you crack on with Wighton, you seem to be keen on the point you are trying to make. 

It's like moaning about the dishes not having been done when the house is burning down. 

It's a mute point. 

Hopefully the guy can come back, stay injury free and give us an option. 

More interested in Souttar, Halkett, Naismith, Haring, Walker and Washington coming back tho. They'll likely have a bigger impact. 

The Old Tolbooth
14 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I tell you what, if you want to list all the players that CL has signed and identify the "majority" that "have been utter shit" please be my guest. Of course if you choose not to that's your prerogative and I'll take your comment with a large pinch of salt.

You always get a tad touchy when on the back foot, enjoy your day :) 

26 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

But FJ is. He's trying, and failing, to make a very big point about Wighton.

It’s relevant to the thread. A thread about the manager. That’s it !

I’ll let you two carry on !

14 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

You always get a tad touchy when on the back foot, enjoy your day :) 

Who's touchy? Just asking you to justify your comment, that's all. 

And you have a nice day too 🙂

Bazzas right boot

Budge releases a statement in January. 

"After a poor start we are now 5th and not far of European football. 

Our highlight up to now being our historic league cup win. 😊

However, even although Craig has survived the worst run in the clubs History, fan pressure and a 6th place finish last season, it is with regret that due to CL signing Wighton and him being declared as shite by JKB, Craig has been relieved of his duties. 

We were always waiting on Wightons performances and  appraisal before making a decision on Craig, it was pivotal ". 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Budge releases a statement in January. 

"After a poor start we are now 5th and not far of European football. 

Our highlight up to now being our historic league cup win. 😊

However, even although Craig has survived the worst run in the clubs History, fan pressure and a 6th place finish last season, it is with regret that due to CL signing Wighton and him being declared as shite by JKB, Craig has been relieved of his duties. 

We were always waiting on Wightons performances and  appraisal before making a decision on Craig, it was pivotal ". 

😂

Levein says in latest interview that the players feel it "spooky "being in the position we are in at the moment.WTF?👻

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

I would have thought as an ex military many 🙂 you would be more precise. 

I've seen many things "quoted" on here, not many of them are factual. So you are basically just bumping your gums going on rumour. It's good to know where we stand.

No, the figures were quoted in the media. So are factual. No rumour whatsoever. If you care to look you may find the article but I can't be bothered as it's you requesting more info. As I stated the no other club part is speculation but I have never known ANY team to go through as many players as we have is so short a time.

I can tell you under Craig Levein as DoF and Manager 117 players have made a competitive appearance.

When I get the chance later I shall post the full list!

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I can tell you under Craig Levein as DoF and Manager 117 players have made a competitive appearance.

Then let battle commence...  😎

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

:lol: :thumbsup:

9E28F970-2A10-4E11-B05F-84199B3FADA4.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Sorry might be a long night for you mods... 🙈

Won’t matter to @davemclaren.

He stays up late every night, drinking until he collapses on the bed.

:whistling:

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

When a club rises from the ashes, as we did, you sign the players you can afford with the little money you have so it is inevitable that some/most will be shit.  You're competing in the basement market and slowly working up.

As we moved on we have signed better players and fewer duds.  Other financial obligations (new stand , academy set-up etc) are just about in the rear miror and this seson we have signed better quality (eg Washington, Halkett, Walker, Whelan}.  Hopefully that incremental build will continue.

Rangers were in a similar situation and they too have had to sign and discard numerous players,  It would be ridiculous to compare our signing numbers with those of established clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen

36 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

As DoF AND Manager. 

Two different things Rudy.

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

As DoF AND Manager. 

Two different things Rudy.

Chocolate watch to you, did you work that out all by yourself?

I will do it by season so you can figure out the manager at the time or will you need someone to do that for you?

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

No, the figures were quoted in the media. So are factual. No rumour whatsoever. If you care to look you may find the article but I can't be bothered as it's you requesting more info. As I stated the no other club part is speculation but I have never known ANY team to go through as many players as we have is so short a time.

Now let's keep it real shall we. 

What you actually said was "As for no other team it's fairly obvious that it's true." 

Well It's not obvious to me, but I'm happy to be presented with the facts if they're out there.

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Chocolate watch to you, did you work that out all by yourself?

I will do it by season so you can figure out the manager at the time or will you need someone to do that for you?

By season and manager would be lovely Rudy.

Thanks very much.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic