• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Yeah English isn’t my strong point, in much the same way comprehension isn’t yours.

CL was in place a full season before his exception run. So he’s had before run way longer before and after his good run. 

So your entitled your opinion👍 Your logic is wrong though.

It's sometimes quite difficult for anyone to comprehend what you say.

Fergie was in place for 2 seasons before his good run.  He would have been fired if MUFC directors had adopted your definition.  What a disaster that could have been.  Eh?

Just now, Lord BJ said:

😂 that’s pish record to be honest. His latest spell he is as successful as Tommy Wright at st Johnstone with 40%. Granted Tommy Wright won a trophy.

He’s that shite, he’s less successful than tommy wright at management statically speaking. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Wright_(footballer,_born_1963)

A huge chunk of Levein's wins (2nd spell) have been against lower league pish in cups.  The win % drops to around 20% for league matches.  Absolutely woeful stuff and close to being the worst manager in our history.  

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hearts won nothing for over 35 years, to use that against any player of ours is stinking. 

The only thing that stinks is Leveins record as a manager, a serial loser and that’s a fact. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The only thing that stinks is Leveins record as a manager, a serial loser and that’s a fact. 

Nope, it's not the only thing that stinks. 

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, smiler said:

If this Spoleto ***** is annoying you all so much then stop engaging with the ****er.

I’m four days clean, I feel so much better but need to take it day by day 🙏🤞

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I suppose then he is like 90% of all managers

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Now you see I find that interesting. 

There was another thread that set the question along the lines of What can CL do to turn things around?

A reasonable question I thought. Then some posters said that there was NOTHING he could do. Didn't matter if he won the next 10 matches, won cups etc.

So to me that says it's personal, nothing to do with him as a manager. I don't understand that, do you?

Not personal I just find his football boring and it has been like that for a long time now.

it was the same under Robbie outwith the championship season.

i can count on 1 hand the games I’ve actually enjoyed at Tynecastle in the last 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, Randy Marsh said:

A huge chunk of Levein's wins (2nd spell) have been against lower league pish in cups.  The win % drops to around 20% for league matches.  Absolutely woeful stuff and close to being the worst manager in our history.  

Can you provide stats to back that up?

Of course you'll also have to do the same for every other manager in Hearts history so that a true comparison can be made. 

And of course we'll need to discount stats from the Championship/League 2 seasons as well. 

Thanks.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Can you provide stats to back that up?

Of course you'll also have to do the same for every other manager in Hearts history so that a true comparison can be made. 

And of course we'll need to discount stats from the Championship/League 2 seasons as well. 

Thanks.

these facts have been posted on here many times, why don’t you know this - google it yourself !! 

16 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Not personal I just find his football boring and it has been like that for a long time now.

it was the same under Robbie outwith the championship season.

i can count on 1 hand the games I’ve actually enjoyed at Tynecastle in the last 2 seasons.

OK thanks, I can appreciate that.

All I would say is that Championship football is obviously different. Generally weaker opposition, more goals, more wins etc. 

Which for you, and I suspect most of us,  makes the next managerial appointment key. Who was it that said something like "I don't care how many goals they score as long as we score one more". I think as fans we all like that kind of football but it is sadly rare these days. 

I think Jim Jefferies said something along the lines of "If any of my players, who isn"t Neil McCann, tries to take a player on I'll slaughter them" (very loose quote as I can't recall exactly)

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

these facts have been posted on here many times, why don’t you know this - google it yourself !! 

Have they? 

Anyway I'm not the one making the claim so google it for him if you like !!!

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Can't be arsed.  What did he say?

Blah, blah, blah.....or words to that effect.

11 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

All I would say is that Championship football is obviously different. Generally weaker opposition, more goals, more wins etc. 

Which for you, and I suspect most of us,  makes the next managerial appointment key. Who was it that said something like "I don't care how many goals they score as long as we score one more". I think as fans we all like that kind of football but it is sadly rare these days. 

I think Jim Jefferies said something along the lines of "If any of my players, who isn"t Neil McCann, tries to take a player on I'll slaughter them" (very loose quote as I can't recall exactly)

:wattie:

37 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Which for you, and I suspect most of us,  makes the next managerial appointment key. Who was it that said something like "I don't care how many goals they score as long as we score one more". I think as fans we all like that kind of football but it is sadly rare these days. 

I think Jim Jefferies said something along the lines of "If any of my players, who isn"t Neil McCann, tries to take a player on I'll slaughter them" (very loose quote as I can't recall exactly)

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

No it’s difficult for you as comprehension is so poor. r

Alex Ferguson would be the exception and your again try to use it as a rule. 

CL has 2 full seasons and we’re still pish. It’s his 5 year plan that sees us where we are today. 

Don’t know if been a disaster. What happens if they had replace AF with someone who went on a even better run? Granted SAF had a track record of achieving minor miracle and winning games, trophies in Europe and in home. 

Eh👍

Genuinely as fun as the wee jibes are. I’ll make this simple I think Levein should be punted your don’t. Is there much more to say.🤷🏻‍♂️

I didn't try to use it as a rule.  I used it as a stand alone alone fact to demonstrate that your definition of "exception" is open to question.  That's just poor comprehension on your part, thinking otherwise.

You are right they could have replaced Fergie with someone better.  Oh wait, have they not just been trying to do that for the last few seasons?

Edited by JamboAl

3 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Now you see I find that interesting. 

There was another thread that set the question along the lines of What can CL do to turn things around?

A reasonable question I thought. Then some posters said that there was NOTHING he could do. Didn't matter if he won the next 10 matches, won cups etc.

So to me that says it's personal, nothing to do with him as a manager. I don't understand that, do you?

Regardless of whether he wins something or not maybe some supporters have just lost complete faith in him and are fed up with the turgid football on display week in week out

that doesn’t mean that it’s “personal” in any way, shape or form. Hugely speculative on your part and yet again you jump on this bandwagon. 

It isn’t always personal to not think someone is up to the job as much as it suits your agenda better to say that it is, unfortunately 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Looking a CL managerial stats. 

His most successful spell, statistically speaking, was with us first time round, unsurprising. His second was the Scotland job; surprising!!!

A job where he was widely perceived as being an abject failure.

Not that tells us anything, just found it surprising. My perception, was the Scotland job was one of his career low points, Alas it’s one of his most successful jobs, from hard stat perspective!

His record at management really is pretty poor. He has consistently produced under performing teams. Looking at his past, it’s really not surprising we find ourself where we do. 

There's no point looking at manager stats. Check out Derek McInnes's before Aberdeen. Levein obviously needs replacing unless he finds some miracle way to turn things around but a lot of Hearts fans are simply not going to be happy with any manager it seems. 

Case in point: Robbie Neilson only lost 12 games in 53 for us in the top league and a surprisingly large number of people wanted him out. His win % in the top league (as a rookie manager at that level too) was a very respectable 47%. His overall win % was 58.5% - it's the same at D Utd right now with fewer resources than he had with us. Even at Milton Keynes his record was much better than McInnes's was in England, and better than some names folk want to manage us. He is one of our best managers overall win % wise, and fans wanted him binned. Future Scotland manager IMO, and I'd take him back in a shot tomorrow. Some folks' views on Levein would be taken a lot more seriously if they hadn't also spouted some absolute nonsense about Neilson.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Cory McNamara
37 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

His win % in the top league (as a rookie manager at that level too) was a very respectable 47%. His overall win % was 58.5% - it's the same at D Utd right now with fewer resources than he had with us. Even at Milton Keynes his record was much better than McInnes's was in England, and better than some names folk want to manage us. He is one of our best managers overall win % wise, and fans wanted him binned. Future Scotland manager IMO, and I'd take him back in a shot tomorrow. Some folks' views on Levein would be taken a lot more seriously if they hadn't also spouted some absolute nonsense about Neilson.

At the age of 39.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Cory McNamara said:

At the age of 39.

Exactly. Someone said on here Steven Naismith could be our new Doddie and I like that idea, but Doddie had a few dodgy seasons before he got it right. If Neilson as a young rookie wasn't good enough with his record, I can't see someone like Naismith surviving even one bad season before the boos and protests start.

It's worrying to be honest and I'm glad in a way the club is not making rash decisions based on fans social media and whatnot, even if right now sacking Levein would be justified on his overall record so far.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t disagree. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Though your Arsenal is based on a tiny minority. You could almost say the exception and not the rule. 

Let’s not pretend majority of fans wanted Neilson out or would be unhappy with any manager. It’s not true.

Just pointing out CL record is average to poor at best. Even when he was at his most successful. 

If wasn’t for hearts connection and AB he would be nowhere near this club and arguably out of football.

No need to rewrite history just because he’s done badly this time around. He did very well with us and d utd, and better than many in England and with Scotland.

He’s also got something to offer in a DoF type role as he did well with d utd and us there.

I think he will move upstairs at the end of season. This was probably part of the plan and and the so called part 2 of the budge statement.

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I think he will move upstairs at the end of season. This was probably part of the plan and and the so called part 2 of the budge statement.

Think he has to go completely

35 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Agreed.  Season Ticket sales would not hold up well next year if this dinosaur goes back upstairs.

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Have they? 

Anyway I'm not the one making the claim so google it for him if you like !!!

he’s not making a claim he’s stating a fact. The % records of our managers was done to death during the cathro era and the in the weeks before your “arrival” when opinion was more evenly split, leveins overall record is high 30% however over the past year it’s low 20’s which is utterly chronic, the worst run in our history. 

The poster  is right so if you want to challenge his facts go prove him wrong. Otherwise hold your tongue and avoid debates where you knowledge is clearly lacking.

Leveins record against hibs is ****ing phenomenal though, we always have that pondlife making us feel better about life don’t we mate, imagine his managerial record without hibs - lol 👍🏻

Edited by kingantti1874

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

How people fail to grasp this beggars belief.

6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t disagree. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Though your Arsenal is based on a tiny minority. You could almost say the exception and not the rule. 

Let’s not pretend majority of fans wanted Neilson out or would be unhappy with any manager. It’s not true.

Just pointing out CL record is average to poor at best. Even when he was at his most successful. 

If wasn’t for hearts connection and AB he would be nowhere near this club and arguably out of football.

Your last line is spot on, why some people can't see that, is mind boggling.

3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Any goodwill towards him has gone from a lot of fans I believe.

had he quit at the end of last season more fans would have accepted him moving back upstairs.

with all his stubbornness now and continual piss poor performances his complete removal from the club is the only course of action I want to see.

7 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

😂

You don’t know the meaning of the word fact. It’s something known or can be proven true. You have no idea if sacking a manager would have produced different results. That’s conjecture on your part.

So why are you on this thread?  You seem to know that sacking Levein will produce better results

7 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

E'xception isn’t open to interpretion, its based on something being different from the normal trefnd. You have already accepted you agree the definition in a earlier post😂
The normal trend was that we were winning until injuries abd the supposed exception came afterwards

Your seriously all over the place. 

It's your command of English that's all over the place

So far we’ve had .......

You agree with my definition of exception, 3 posts laters it’s open to question.

I don't agree with anything you say.

CL run at the start of last season wasn’t an exception because was start of his reign. Despite having a full seasons  despite way more evidence he is shite to average manager. 

it took SAF of 2 years of being  shite to become good, despite Levein having a longer than that.

You compared SAF situation to CL, which is just hysterical on so many levels. The situations aren’t even similar. 

You're right in the sense that Sir A F did not have the serious injuries we've had.

Your logic is even worse than your comprehension and much worse than my English! That’s startling!

Ohh and I can do this all night👍

You can spout crap all night if you want.  That's up to you.

10 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Looking a CL managerial stats. 

His most successful spell, statistically speaking, was with us first time round, unsurprising. His second was the Scotland job; surprising!!!

A job where he was widely perceived as being an abject failure.

Not that tells us anything, just found it surprising. My perception, was the Scotland job was one of his career low points, Alas it’s one of his most successful jobs, from hard stat perspective!

His record at management really is pretty poor. He has consistently produced under performing teams. Looking at his past, it’s really not surprising we find ourself where we do. 

At the time he left the Scotland job  his record was actually very similar to Gordon Strachan's. There were many journalists and Scotland supporters who wanted GS to stay on while the same folk hounded Craig Levein out of the managership, the difference being that Strachan was part of the Scottish Football Mafia. I think that episode scarred CL, he held the SFA to their contract and made even more enemies, this has made him even more determined to hang on to the Hearts job in my opinion.

Edited by upgotheheads

13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

At the time he left the Scotland job  his record was actually very similar to Gordon Strachan's. There were many journalists and Scotland supporters who wanted GS to stay on while the same folk hounded Craig Levein out of the managership, the difference being that Strachan was part of the Scottish Football Mafia. I think that episode scarred CL, he held the SFA to their contract and made even more enemies, this has made him even more determined to hang on to the Hearts job in my opinion.

I’m struggling to imagine Rod Petrie as Capo de tutti capi. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You can spout crap all night if you want.  That's up to you.

Blaming absolutely everything on injuries :lol: 

Guaranteed if the players get back playing all together and are still pish you will say it will take ages for them all to get fully fit again.

The winning run with a new team taking other teams by surprise was the exception.  Since then it’s been utter murder regardless of team selections.  As it was the season before the good start to last season. 

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly. Someone said on here Steven Naismith could be our new Doddie and I like that idea, but Doddie had a few dodgy seasons before he got it right. If Neilson as a young rookie wasn't good enough with his record, I can't see someone like Naismith surviving even one bad season before the boos and protests start.

It's worrying to be honest and I'm glad in a way the club is not making rash decisions based on fans social media and whatnot, even if right now sacking Levein would be justified on his overall record so far.

Robbie did a great job but he did leave us after all, he wasn’t sacked or chased away. I felt it was his time to go back then, I still believe that and just because his two successors have been poor doesn’t change that. As for a future Scotland manager that’s a low bar to set for him. As you say he is young and might well go on to be an even better manager than he is now, I think he might well be back at some point without Levein there.

I compared Doddie and Naismith, to try and explain to a relative youngster about Alex but it was perhaps too nuanced for the poster to understand. Naismith was a better player and hopefully will go on to be a better manager too, they share a professionalism and will to win that maybe some at our club don’t. 

Im also not sure that not sacking Levein, as you say it’s clear he needs to go, is in any way a positive, misplaced loyalty is not a great trait for someone running a business of any kind.

51 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Also if you look at the teams CL played against Scotland manager compared to GS I would say CL had the tougher games.

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Vogts/Burley etc got the sane treatment, touched by the OF as my brother in law says. Hopefully  our new DoF/head coach and staff will not have had that dubious honour. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

How people fail to grasp this beggars belief.

Most of them actually believe he should go but still find new ways to defend him, others are just 🤪🤡🤯.

Strachan went unbeaten with Scotland for whole year, Leveins Scotland was getting pumped left right and centre. 

We failed to pick up one win out of the first four group games before he got punted and that’s why he was sacked - when another qualifying campaign was all but over.  It’s was home draws with Serbia and Macedonia, playing defensive as anything then getting pumped off Wales that lost him his job. 

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

And to you with bells on

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

His overall record might have been compatible with strachans but by the time he got sacked the team was a shambles and we were out of qualifying after four games, by the time Strachan got punted the team was arguably going in the right direction having not lost in a year.   There wasn’t one notable victory for Scotland under Levein, there was a few under Strachan. 

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

he’s not making a claim he’s stating a fact. The % records of our managers was done to death during the cathro era and the in the weeks before your “arrival” when opinion was more evenly split, leveins overall record is high 30% however over the past year it’s low 20’s which is utterly chronic, the worst run in our history. 

The poster  is right so if you want to challenge his facts go prove him wrong. Otherwise hold your tongue and avoid debates where you knowledge is clearly lacking.

Leveins record against hibs is ****ing phenomenal though, we always have that pondlife making us feel better about life don’t we mate, imagine his managerial record without hibs - lol 👍🏻

Please forgive me if I don't take your word for it. I don't think it's too much for a poster to have to prove his claims, if he can't then it's not a fact, at best it's an opinion. 

You're right about one thing - his record is phenomenal against Hibs - every cloud has a silver lining.

Edited by Spoleto
spelling error

9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

And the same to you with more bells on?

PS - Are you the same LBJ who masquerades on a Rangers site?

Allowayjambo1874
14 hours ago, Spoleto said:

So if Levein wins the League Cup (only 2 matches away) does he than classify as a winner and all is forgiven?

14 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

do you go to the games at Tynecastle? Genuine question as you seem to be very pro Levein. Which of course is anybody’s choice.

just interested to know if you attend Hearts games and watch his football

Still waiting for an answer to this question Spoleto. 

4 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Now? 

Certainly.

He had the chance to move upstairs again but he’s clung on with no dignity, so he needs to go and take his entire back room staff with him. 

If Budge & co allow this to go on for a season, they too must all go. 

The Old Tolbooth

I'm guessing that because we didn't lose over the weekend, that the Levein lovers are back out in force again :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'm guessing that because we didn't lose over the weekend, that the Levein lovers are back out in force again :rolleyes:

I don't think you'll find any Levein lovers on here - unless Mrs LEvein has signed up.

What you may find are pragmatists.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic