Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Seems intent on carrying on to me. Why do you say that?

If you read Nookies original post he was talking about carrying on into next season.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Just now, Spoleto said:

If you read Nookies original post he was talking about carrying on into next season.

Aye and that’s what CL will want to do imo.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

😀 the way some people on here talk hearts would be better off without any support other than the hardcore that attend every game regardless of circumstances. You’d think we had too many fans.

People just love to think they get to decide who real fans or supporters of the club are, it’s laughable.  Just dismissing them as fakey supporters rather than trying to engage with the problem itself.  

Fans shout sectarian nonsense = not real fans

Fans seething at the current mess = not real fans

Fans criticise budge = not genuine fans. 

People can have whatever opinion they want, if people believe levein is gods gift that’s fine.  Having a different opinion on how the club should be run and showing that in whatever way you decide is up to you, you can be called out for it but daft to suggest these people aren’t real fans of the club.  Daft argument. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is a loser not just someone who mostly loses? 

Ha ha - how droll!

In the strictest sense of the word, yes.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Aye and that’s what CL will want to do imo.

And why do you think that? 

My reasoning is based upon the fact that he didn't really want to take over the reigns in the first place.

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Agreed Boab.

I think he reluctantly felt it was the right thing to do for the club but he never wanted it.

Some people call him a loser - to my mind a loser would have walked away but he still wants to fight for the club.

Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think I agree with that. His body language at the time suggested that to me. 

It was plain to see. After the new manager interviews fiasco I think it was clear to Budge that the structure was the problem in attracting a decent name. A monumental error in telling him to do two/three(?) jobs at the same time. 

The statement saying we realised the right guy was right in front of us was insulting and laughable in hindsight.

15 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

It clearly isn't, he's still there?

If you're asking me if he'll be here next season then I don't think there's a snowball in hells chance of that.

If you really think the discussion of the thread title is a sort of ontological argument about the metaphysical nature of Levein being (or not), why are you posting?  You've just solved it.

Just now, Spoleto said:

My reasoning is based upon the fact that he didn't really want to take over the reigns in the first place.

I doubt he’ll be leaving his DoF role voluntarily nor will he be sacked. Based on the last time he looked for a new manager it was decided he himself was the best candidate. 

10 minutes ago, jake said:

I dont and never have hated Levein.

But you bash on .

I shall continue to be a member of the public who buys their season ticket and continues their foh subs.

You just continue to be a member.

Who wants hibs to win cups and hardly goes to watch Hearts.

Played 39 lost 22 you absolute .........

Dunno why I'm biting .

That is one horrendous stat that.  If that includes all matches then a chunk of them were against lower league pish. Harrowing stuff either way!

11 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

If you say so. 

The point raised was that he is a regular attendee, I just pointed out that by his own admission he isn't a regular attendee. Don't shoot the messenger.

Were you or were you not at the Ross county game?

Because your  analysis of that is completely different to anyone who was there.

I dont think I can be much clearer by the way regarding my stance but you try and twist it anyway you want.

That's what you and tosh do all the time.

2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

That is one horrendous stat that.  If that includes all matches then a chunk of them were against lower league pish. Harrowing stuff either way!

No mate league form .

• Moderators

Ok, final attempt before I bring in the big guns. 

There have been several members, on both sides of the debate, who have been given warning points for going off topic by attacking others members with insults, accusations of hobery, double accounts, club plant and god knows what else. 

if you want to avoid a suspension then play the ball and not the man. 

if you suspect someone of being a Hibs troll, a duplicate account or whatever else that breaks the rules then use the report function stating your evidence. 

Thank you

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, jake said:

I dont and never have hated Levein.

But you bash on .

I shall continue to be a member of the public who buys their season ticket and continues their foh subs.

You just continue to be a member.

Who wants hibs to win cups and hardly goes to watch Hearts.

Played 39 lost 22 you absolute .........

Dunno why I'm biting .

I go to almost every home game. 

I pay FOH subs too. 

I also support the team during the shite times. 

Hibs? 

I hate hibs more than you so I'm a PHM. 

Is that the  comfort blanket for fans who decide when to support the team? 

As folk sit in the house, they feel OK about it as they hate hibs more. 

You crack on hating CL and Hibs, I'll support the team. 

👍

Wrap that comfort blanket really tight, it's cold outside. 

pettigrewsstylist
15 minutes ago, Boab said:

It was plain to see. After the new manager interviews fiasco I think it was clear to Budge that the structure was the problem in attracting a decent name. A monumental error in telling him to do two/three(?) jobs at the same time. 

The statement saying we realised the right guy was right in front of us was insulting and laughable in hindsight.

Obvious to all who wanted to see Boab. Nobody was going to play his game.

Doubtful it would end any different tomm.

God knows where that leaves us? CL refusing to go till another mediocre season ends and replaced by one of the underling? 

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Just as well Wallace Mercer had patience in 85 or Alex MacDonald or he might have sacked him after the the game against Clydebank.

Hmmmm!

Aye that’s right. I look forward to levein taking us to the last game of the season and for the league title 😂

honestly you don’t half spout some drivel at times. You appear deluded and completely in denial when it comes to Levein 

if you wont learn after 3 years you will never learn unfortunately. Your fully entitled to your opinion right enough, however mental that may be 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Easy to support a club when it’s winning.

Or when they are properly set up and show a bit of fight and ambition. 

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Easy to support a club when it’s winning.

That is correct. Stunning wisdom and knowledge. 

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I go to almost every home game. 

I pay FOH subs too. 

I also support the team during the shite times. 

Hibs? 

I hate hibs more than you so I'm a PHM. 

Is that the  comfort blanket for fans who decide when to support the team? 

As folk sit in the house, they feel OK about it as they hate hibs more. 

You crack on hating CL and Hibs, I'll support the team. 

👍

Wrap that comfort blanket really tight, it's cold outside. 

I dont hate Levein.

But he has installed a losing mentality at the club and he cant fix it.

What's even worse is the fact that 99% of Hearts supporters want him gone .

That the whole of Scottish football cant believe hes not gone and somehow you and spoleto continue to support him over the well being of the club.

Not going round and round with you anymore as you are obviously that far gone with your defence of him that it's like arguing with a fanatic.

Hope you enjoy the games I really do.

But i doubt it.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jake said:

I dont hate Levein.

That the whole of Scottish football cant believe hes not gone and somehow you and spoleto continue to support him over the well being of the club.

Not going round and round with you anymore as you are obviously that far gone with your defence of him that it's like arguing with a fanatic.

But i doubt it.

We all agree he should go. 

39 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I ask for the 4th time.

Were you at the Ross County game ?

Wouldn't ask but you defended Levein on the back of stats and the view you had of that game is the opposite of everyone else.

1 hour ago, Plank said:

Im not reading the whole thread. You quoted me as if it was me.

I followed on from your post.  Apologies if you thought it was directed at you.

Edited by JamboAl

3 minutes ago, jake said:

I dont hate Levein.

But i doubt it.

Some posters for reasons best known to themselves are fighting a rearguard action on behalf of Levein.Its not going to change a thing.One way or another he will be gone during or at the end of this season.

1 hour ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

The fact of the matter is Craig Levein has failed consistently since being manager. 6th place with the 3rd highest player budget, failing to reach Europe and failing to win a cup. That’s failure. We have also been directly told he is not leaving as manager any time soon and there’s nothing we can do about it. We need to just accept this season is dead and think more sensibly when it comes to ticket renewals at the end of the season. If Levein is still there next season, there will be a significant drop in ST holders and I’ll be one of them. Got better things I could be doing with my money and my weekends.

And the first highest number of serious longish term injuries to key players.

"No, he's not doing a good job but he shouldn't be sacked".

"He shouldn't be sacked but I don't want him here next season".

"No point in appointing someone else, they might be worse".

"He should have gone after the final but not now".

Not sure who's the craziest. The pro Levein punters or us daft buggers going around in circles with them. 

32 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Aye that’s right. I look forward to levein taking us to the last game of the season and for the league title 😂

honestly you don’t half spout some drivel at times. You appear deluded and completely in denial when it comes to Levein 

if you wont learn after 3 years you will never learn unfortunately. Your fully entitled to your opinion right enough, however mental that may be 

Should I thank you for allowing me the right to have an opinion? I suppose it would be churlish of me not to ....... but then I have to consider the abuse that went along with it. 

9 minutes ago, martoon said:

"No, he's not doing a good job but he shouldn't be sacked".

"He shouldn't be sacked but I don't want him here next season".

"No point in appointing someone else, they might be worse".

"He should have gone after the final but not now".

Not sure who's the craziest. The pro Levein punters or us daft buggers going around in circles with them. 

Who are you quoting martoon?

4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Should I thank you for allowing me the right to have an opinion? I suppose it would be churlish of me not to ....... but then I have to consider the abuse that went along with it. 

To be fair, your posting on a thread called, "Levein's time is up", then telling posters who think Levein's time is up to "stay on topic".

I genuinely think it would be best for you to create a thread called "Levein's time isnt up".

18 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Some posters for reasons best known to themselves are fighting a rearguard action on behalf of Levein.Its not going to change a thing.One way or another he will be gone during or at the end of this season.

I think most of the posters that have been defending Levein are 

a) disgusted by some of the rhetoric used to attack him, and to a lesser extent Ann Budge.

b) upset that people who want him gone are prepared to damage the team and the club in order to achieve it.

c) concerned that we may replace like with like or worse if the club are pushed into it.

d) willing to consider that there are mitigating factors for the poor performance.

e) giving CL some credit for achieving two LC Semis and SC Semi.

I could go on ........ 

5 minutes ago, Plank said:

To be fair, your posting on a thread called, "Levein's time is up", then telling posters who think Levein's time is up to "stay on topic".

I genuinely think it would be best for you to create a thread called "Levein's time isnt up".

To be fair, this is a discussion thread, and usually in a discussion you listen to more than one point of view.

8 minutes ago, Plank said:

So we should have topics where only people that agree with the OP should post?  Would certainly make the moderators life easier. 😇

4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

To be fair, this is a discussion thread, and usually in a discussion you listen to more than one point of view.

But to be fair, asking to stay on topic when the topic isnt something you agree with then makes you look a bit silly.

Edited by Plank

21 hours ago, graygo said:

Me too.  

Apparently I'm a good **** though (cheers Beats) although a bit mixed up.  :verysmug:

What they don't know though is that I post over there too under a different name.

We'll have to have a wee Hunt for you.

:jjyay:

Edited by Plank

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Because my point is more about the mechanics of the team and not money, although mentioned. Again, you talk about money.  

Who posted this, if it's about the mechanics and not about money?

Different times though. Alex MacDonald didn’t have the luxury of splashing thousands and thousands of pounds to fix **** ups season to season

34 minutes ago, jake said:

I ask for the 4th time.

Were you at the Ross County game ?

Wouldn't ask but you defended Levein on the back of stats and the view you had of that game is the opposite of everyone else.

"the view you had of that game is the opposite of everyone else"?

So you are speaking for everyone, sorry I didn't realise that.

Correct me if Im wrong .... 

A comment was made that we only had one player out injured for that game. I pointed out that wasn't true and also pointed to the disruption caused by Naismiths injury in the first half. I could also have pointed out that Uche was still trying to find his match fitness after injury but 

I believe you said we should have lost the game 5-0. I pointed out that RC only had 3 attempts on target so that would take some doing.

You say I "defended Levein". Actually I don't think I did. I thought it was one of the worst football games I've watched in a long time.

14 minutes ago, Plank said:

But to be fair, asking to stay on topic when the topic isnt something you agree with then makes you look a bit silly.

I think, to be fair, you are deliberately missing the point. So who is looking silly?

Once the injury issue is resolved I believe CL’s poor management, tactics and selections will be fully exposed. He’s just not what Hearts need as manager.

I think Budge is desperate for things to improve so he can be moved back upstairs at the end of his managerial contract.  Unfortunately for Levein the die has been cast, he’s been found out, and he’s not the football guru some people thought he was.

In many ways the pain we are suffering now will be a good thing for the club longer term if he is moved back upstairs. Given his performance over the last three years the days of passing notes and alleged inference in team affairs will be gone as we surely will appointment an experienced manager.

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

a) disgusted by some of the rhetoric used to attack him, and to a lesser extent Ann Budge.

b) upset that people who want him gone are prepared to damage the team and the club in order to achieve it.

c) concerned that we may replace like with like or worse if the club are pushed into it.

d) willing to consider that there are mitigating factors for the poor performance.

I could go on ........ 

Nah, that makes no sense..... 

2 hours ago, Spoleto said:

I could go on ........ 

As I said you are not going to change a thing.

3 hours ago, Morph said:

People just love to think they get to decide who real fans or supporters of the club are, it’s laughable.  Just dismissing them as fakey supporters rather than trying to engage with the problem itself.  

Fans shout sectarian nonsense = not real fans

Fans seething at the current mess = not real fans

Fans criticise budge = not genuine fans. 

People can have whatever opinion they want, if people believe levein is gods gift that’s fine.  Having a different opinion on how the club should be run and showing that in whatever way you decide is up to you, you can be called out for it but daft to suggest these people aren’t real fans of the club.  Daft argument. 

Apart from the bit about shouting sectarian nonsense, I agree with you.

We all handle this current situation at the club in our own way so opinions should be respected.

I got annoyed yesterday when one poster labelled all people refusing to boycott the Rangers game as Morons.

There is fault on all sides of this argument.

21 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

As I said you are not going to change a thing.

Except perhaps temper peoples behaviour until Levein or Ann decide the time is right for managerial change.

The managership of Hearts should not be decided by Hearts fans with loud voices.

8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Nearly 16,000 posts and Levein is still hanging on,only Hearts 🙈

What does the number of posts have to do with anything other than to say that there is divided opinion amongst fans.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

What does the number of posts have to do with anything other than to say that there is divided opinion amongst fans.

I am shocked that you have replied,utterly shocked......Its an 8 month thread 🙈

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Pretty ambiguous statement to say divided opinion. What percentage would you say we are at just now. Stay v Go?

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic