Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

There is an agreement that bidco will transfer the holding to FoH when the original loan is paid. If that’s in doubt Ann can do what she wants. With the way things are going if we fail to get to the point when the loan is due she could well sell to someone else.

Well it's not in doubt so why post as if it is ?

There's enough going on with out rubbish like that being posted as if it was in any way true

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Well it's not in doubt so why post as if it is ?

There's enough going on with out rubbish like that being posted as if it was in any way true

Do you know that? Do you think if we got relegated there wouldn’t be a detrimental effect on contributions. Levein staying has the potential to damage the clubs future. Fans are just pissed off now and I can see that being the route some choose to go. It’s been discussed on here previously. Do you think everyone who’s an FoH member knows she can sell to someone else, I know plenty who didn’t when they were threatening to cancel prior to the Hibs game.

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

It's complicated. 

Who's gonna take a job for 6 months? 

Any person excepting such a contract from Hearts will surely be of questionable quality. 

How invested would such a person or a team be? 

The new manager still has our Injuries to deal with as well. 

How will guys like Souttar, Naismith, Cochrane and Hickey react? 

I believe Craig has ties with some of  these guys  families. 

How will new signings react to a manager going after 8 league games? 

If Macphee goes, what about Meshino, Smith and Washington? 

It might be inevitable that he has to go but things could get worse  and there are various things to work out on what to do next, which the club must think about and implement even if some fans just think CL and his team walking away makes it all good. 

100% spot on. 

All of which means that Levein is going absolutely nowhere for the time being.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

It's complicated. 

Any person excepting such a contract from Hearts will surely be of questionable quality. 

It might be inevitable that he has to go but things could get worse  and there are various things to work out on what to do next, which the club must think about and implement even if some fans just think CL and his team walking away makes it all good. 

If the club have taken until now assess all this, they really haven’t been paying attention.

14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

So on the Levein and co out side of the debate, we’ve got an appalling spate of form which has gone unchecked for ages.

On the Levein and co in side of the debate, we’ve got undefined and unexplained reasons why they’re actually good and effective.

Can you offer any more than that?

You have an amazing knack of going from A to C, by bypassing B and going via D.

You have completely lost me now to the point where I have no idea what question you are asking me.

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

It's complicated. 

Hey, SRB, I’ve got news for you...

...managers are replaced all the time and the players just get on with it. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Spoleto said:

You have an amazing knack of going from A to C, by bypassing B and going via D.

You have completely lost me now to the point where I have no idea what question you are asking me.

It’s very simple and you’re making it complicated to avoid answering (because you can’t with any credibility).

What are the positive aspects of this coaching team which mean they should keep their jobs, in the face of terrible form?

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s very simple and you’re making it complicated to avoid answering (because you can’t with any credibility).

What are the positive aspects of this coaching team which mean they should keep their jobs, in the face of terrible form?

Ah!

I've already replied to that above. I am as ignorant as you are about the relative merits of the coaching staff so I can't answer your question.

I certainly wouldn't want to sack anyone on a whim.

9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Do you know that? Do you think if we got relegated there wouldn’t be a detrimental effect on contributions. Levein staying has the potential to damage the clubs future. Fans are just pissed off now and I can see that being the route some choose to go. It’s been discussed on here previously. Do you think everyone who’s an FoH member knows she can sell to someone else, I know plenty who didn’t when they were threatening to cancel prior to the Hibs game.

Given the monies will be collected before any relegation would happen then yes I can say that..oh and there is more than just that to the deal but you know that don't you...don't you ?

Reading you reply it is clear you are just at it to try and spin another anti Budge story to hurt the club..no real fan would do that

Once more people who think we should all follow their lead get frustrated when they realise not all fans agree with them so they pretend things will happen to stir up the fan base with childish stories and yours my friend is that a childish tale

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Some do, some don't. 

I think SRB mentioned Meshino, Smith and Washington because they are only at the club because of MacPhee.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Ah!

I've already replied to that above. I am as ignorant as you are about the relative merits of the coaching staff so I can't answer your question.

I certainly wouldn't want to sack anyone on a whim.

It’s not a whim! It’s 12 months of terrible, terrible form.

How on earth can you sit on here taking on people who want Levein out when you can’t offer any meaningful defence of him?

6 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Who said he's dong a great job?

And to answer your question I don't think he wants to carry on.

Ann did. 

If he doesn’t want to carry on past the end of the season then I think he needs to step down now. 

Unless of course he wants to simply go back to his DoF role and has privately chosen his successor from within...

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Some do, some don't. 

I think SRB mentioned Meshino, Smith and Washington because they are only at the club because of MacPhee.

They may find a new coach invigorating and will perhaps enjoy playing in a potentially more succesful team. 

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Some do, some don't. 

So Mcphee has a job for as long as these players are here then??? 

No it doesn’t work like that. If Levein has 2 or 3 more bad results he will be gone. Simple as that and    the players, who are paid to be professional will get on with it to the best of their ability until a new man is brought in. Hopefully through time with his own staff. It will definitely happen at some point in the near future. 

Levein does not have the ability to get out of the mess he has us in. 

Edited by rick witter

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

They may find a new coach invigorating and will perhaps enjoy playing in a potentially more succesful team. 

They may. But given they are only at Hearts because of McPhee I suspect they probably won't, and then you've lost possibly two of our strongest players.

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Given the monies will be collected before any relegation would happen then yes I can say that..oh and there is more than just that to the deal but you know that don't you...don't you ?

Reading you reply it is clear you are just at it to try and spin another anti Budge story to hurt the club..no real fan would do that

Once more people who think we should all follow their lead get frustrated when they realise not all fans agree with them so they pretend things will happen to stir up the fan base with childish stories and yours my friend is that a childish tale

How is it anti budge. What a crock of shite. I’ve been nothing but supportive of Ann Budge since day one. It’s actually the complete opposite that the abuse of Ann Budge and the calls for her to go should be approached with caution.

So you can take your self righteous Uber fan post and file it somewhere appropriate.

Edited by Rudy T

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s not a whim! It’s 12 months of terrible, terrible form.

How on earth can you sit on here taking on people who want Levein out when you can’t offer any meaningful defence of him?

I, and others, have produced a meaningful defence. 

You have chosen to ignore it, that is your prerogative.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I, and others, have produced a meaningful defence. 

You have chosen to ignore it, that is your prerogative.

Injuries.

I accept that there are injuries. But they are being used as more of an excuse than they should be.

5 minutes ago, rick witter said:

No it doesn’t work like that. If Levein has 2 or 3 more bad results he will be gone. Simple as that and    the players, who are paid to be professional will get on with it to the best of their ability until a new man is brought in. Hopefully through time with his own staff. It will definitely happen at some point in the near future. 

You have jumped in at the end of a conversation and making the wrong conclusions so I'll just ignore this post if it's alright with you.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Injuries.

I accept that there are injuries. But they are being used as more of an excuse than they should be.

That's your opinion. You're entitled to it.

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Injuries.

yep injuries are being used by some to excuse everything and anything. Don’t remember us having that many injuries during the league cup group matches when we struggled 

Something to ponder on following an earlier conversation about winners and losers.

Craig Levein is just two games away from being a 🏆 WINNER! 

11 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It is not as simple as that at all. Craig Levein could be here till the end of the season and beyond. There have been no hints from the club that he is going anywhere.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Some don't tbh. 

Especially if the reason they signed was partly due to the manager/ coaching team. 

Washington and the ni Contigent with Meshino stand out, as does the other guys I mention as CL had a big part to play in them coming in. 

The players still seem to behind him as well. It's the only positive. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Fair enough. I wonder how a poll on here would go. Stay/leave now/leave when board have a plan in place.

If the board don’t have a plan in place by now to facilitate replacing the manager then they are completely inept.  There should have been some sort of plan in place before giving the director of football the job as manager incase it went completely tits up and he had to go in the first place. 

He’s got about 6/7 months left on his contract so it’s probably just going to be run down and he’ll no doubt just go back upstairs at the end of it.  There’s a big chance of being down near the relegation/play off spots in that case but I guess they see that an easier situation to manage than getting rid of levein. 

Edited by Morph

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

yep injuries are being used by some to excuse everything and anything. Don’t remember us having that many injuries during the league cup group matches when we struggled 

That lc were we are in the last 4, that one aye? 

😂😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Morph said:

If the board don’t have a plan in place by now to facilitate replacing the manager then they are completely inept.  There should have been some sort of plan in place before giving the director of football the job as manager incase it went completely tits up and he had to go. 

He’s got about 6/7 months left on his contract so it’s probably just going to be run down and he’ll no doubt just go back upstairs at the end of it.  There’s a big chance of being down near the relegation/play off spots in that case but I guess they see that an easier situation to manage than getting rid of levein. 

Not at all. 

Not if they are backing him

Why would they decide to back him and then get a plan in to replace him? 

That would be daft. 

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If the club have taken until now assess all this, they really haven’t been paying attention.

If they made a hard decision to back him then they Likley haven't been. 

Be like deciding to stay married but staying active on tinder just in case. 

4 minutes ago, Morph said:

If the board don’t have a plan in place by now to facilitate replacing the manager then they are completely inept.  There should have been some sort of plan in place before giving the director of football the job as manager incase it went completely tits up and he had to go in the first place. 

‘Your last paragraph is how I see it panning out. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Fair enough. I wonder how a poll on here would go. Stay/leave now/leave when board have a plan in place.

Polls are best when they are kept simple with a straight choice. The latest is like that. Stay or leave. Leave option is sitting at over 81%.

21 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

They may. But given they are only at Hearts because of McPhee I suspect they probably won't, and then you've lost possibly two of our strongest players.

I imagine every club has players that joined because of who the manager or coach was, and I also imagine they just get on with it when that changes. They certainly cannot just walk away without looking unprofessional. 

People need to realise that what they “want” to happen is not actually what “is” happening.

When you realise this it makes life a lot easier.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If they made a hard decision to back him then they Likley haven't been. 

Be like deciding to stay married but staying active on tinder just in case. 

No, it would be nothing like that.

Just now, Boab said:

Polls are best when they are kept simple with a straight choice. The latest is like that. Stay or leave. Leave option is sitting at over 81%.

I agree tbh. Silly idea.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

People need to realise that what they “want” to happen is not actually what “is” happening.

We’re all aware of this, thanks. This is a forum for discussion. Shouldn’t be too difficult to grasp.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We’re all aware of this, thanks. This is a forum for discussion. Shouldn’t be too difficult to grasp.

Some unfortunately don’t.

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

I think people know this. I think the vast majority want him gone and the anger comes from the boards inaction. If the club isn’t for the fans then who is it for?

4 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Can you agree that Levein is on thin ice?

5 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Who are you quoting martoon?

You're probably in there somewhere. Tosh certainly is. 

It's a broad take on some of the more bizarre, contradictory and strange notions that beleveiners come up with. 

Agreeing with posters that Levein should go then giving a million and one reasons why he shouldn't. Not now, too late, who'd replace him, we could get worse...the twisting, turning, vagueness and evasion is something to behold. 

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think people know this. I think the vast majority want him gone and the anger comes from the boards inaction. If the club isn’t for the fans then who is it for?

The club?

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not at all. 

Not if they are backing him

Why would they decide to back him and then get a plan in to replace him? 

That would be daft. 

If the board still think he is good enough to be manager then I think that says a lot about the standards that are now set at the club. 

I would be interested to know what Leveins plans are for after this season, whether he is looking to stand down completely after the 3 years is up, carry on as manager or back upstairs as DoF. 

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I imagine every club has players that joined because of who the manager or coach was, and I also imagine they just get on with it when that changes. They certainly cannot just walk away without looking unprofessional. 

Happens all the time NB. Meshino won't burst into tears and pack and the NI players won't down tools if McPhee is emptied with Levein. 

It's just another bizarre, ridiculous excuse for not sacking their beloved head coach. 

9 minutes ago, martoon said:

It's a broad take on some of the more bizarre, contradictory and strange notions that beleveiners come up with. 

Agreeing with posters that Levein should go then giving a million and one reasons why he shouldn't. Not now, too late, who'd replace him, we could get worse...the twisting, turning, vagueness and evasion is something to behold. 

When you say a "broad take" what you mean is that you made them up which made your post a complete mockery I'm afraid. 

I'd suggest that you stick to facts, they might serve you better.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, martoon said:

Worst post on this forum. 

When you say a "broad take" what you mean is that you made them up which made your post a complete mockery I'm afraid. 

I'd suggest that you stick to facts, they might serve you better.

Terribly insulting and unnecessary post which basically calls Martoon a liar. His broad take is one that I can identify with and I reckon others could as well.

11 minutes ago, Morph said:

If the board still think he is good enough to be manager then I think that says a lot about the standards that are now set at the club. 

I would be interested to know what Leveins plans are for after this season, whether he is looking to stand down completely after the 3 years is up, carry on as manager or back upstairs as DoF. 

Budge would have to offer him a new contract as manager if he is to stay on in that role past the end of the season.

Unless we get into Europe I can't see him being manager next season, just a question of what the succession plan is and when it is actioned.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Terribly insulting and unnecessary post which basically calls Martoon a liar. His broad take is one that I can identify with and I reckon others could as well.

No. His post had 5 quotes contained within it and they were all fictional.

That is wrong.

Edited by Spoleto
spelling

Just now, Spoleto said:

No. His post had 5 quotes contained within it and they were all fictional.

That is wrong.

He then explained himself and you insulted him.

That is wrong.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He then explained himself and you insulted him.

That is wrong.

No Gin. 

Quoting something that isn't true is wrong.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic