Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

His point is that Levein is not delivering on any front.

He'll be saying we should just leave it now...

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

3 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

100%, all a big smokescreen. The communication things aren't working lie on the treatment table, simple!

Excuses, excuses, full of excuses, the games almost up, why will it be any different in 3/4/5 months with the same regime in place, I think my name actually represents me well thank you!

That's a serious matter of opinion.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Did you forget the long spell Uche had out and Souttar and Berra and his replacement (Dunne) not to mention Mitchell, Brandon, even Shaughnessy.

Shaughnessy was dogshit

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm not a staunch advocate. 

If going on about project players what I would say is that guys like Clare have played too much due to injuries. 

Again, I'd need to compare to other teams to get a fair indication of what constitutes success of a project player, and what is a project player. 

Again, it's secondary to our poor form anyway. 

Are you saying if we had a couple of successful project players you'd be happy with things? 

If not, what is your point? 

Why do you have to compare everything, why can't you just look at what goes on, on the pitch and make your own mind up, or do you have a stat about that, are you s statistician?

9 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

100%, all a big smokescreen. The communication things aren't working lie on the treatment table, simple!

Excuses, excuses, full of excuses, the games almost up, why will it be any different in 3/4/5 months with the same regime in place, I think my name actually represents me well thank you!

You trying out your amateur psychology?

It won't work.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Why do you have to compare everything, why can't you just look at what goes on, on the pitch and make your own mind up, or do you have a stat about that, are you s statistician?

It's to keep it relative. 

We had a thread on here about Liverpool not so long ago and asking why we can't do that. 

😂😂😂

The only thing that concerns me is our league form and if we replace CL what that would look like. 

Having a go at the number of project players is just utter nonesense. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

But your wrong like you are about the injury situation. Its surely only right I point this out, or else other people may start believing your excuses!

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did you forget the long spell Uche had out and Souttar and Berra and his replacement (Dunne) not to mention Mitchell, Brandon, even Shaughnessy.

There were plenty matches after the split last season we failed to win when we had only one player missing out  of the list of key players you keep banging on about. 

To mention the likes of Mitchell, Brandon and Shaughnessy is just laughable. They were not key players. 

Every team gets injuries and every other team dealt with it better than us as they had a plan B or even C. 

Is it unreasonable to think we should still be able to perform without 1 or 2 players?  

Edited by rick witter

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, thewiseone said:

But your wrong like you are about the injury situation. Its surely only right I point this out, or else other people may start believing your excuses!

Don’t worry, the Shaughnessy card has been played. We’re at the bottom of the barrel 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

My point is that, along with a pish first team, our coaching set up is shite if we haven't signed any players and improved them.  Name some?

Clare has improved. 

Mulraney has improved. 

Morrison improved. 

Hickey continues to improve. 

So you'd be happy if guys like clare and white had improved to your satisfaction. 

I wouldn't be. 

What a strange route to go down. 

I take it, any replacement manager must have improved certain players, that is your most important criteria?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

There were plenty matches after the split last season we failed to win when we had only one player out of the list of key players you keep banging on about. 

To mention the likes of Mitchell, Brandon and Shaughnessy is just laughable. They were not key players. 

Every team gets injuries and every other team dealt with it better than us as they had a plan B or even C. 

We don’t even have a plan A

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We don’t even have a plan A

M and s do. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Once again even after explaining you don’t get it, for him as a manager it was time to leave and stand on his own two feet, his words and he was right. You know better than Neilson himself 🤣.

I believed it at the time and I still do, who knows if he had taken us as far he could, not you anyway. How do you know Levein didn’t try everything to get him to stay, he said he didn’t agree with Neilsons assertion that it was time to go. 

I don’t know what this word salad is supposed to

mean but you still appear to be saying you thought Neilson should leave Hearts. So you believe MK Dons is a better job than Hearts? Or you prioritise a managers career over success at Hearts? Or what?

Stand on his own two feet? He’s on record as saying he prefers to work with a DoF and his two beat spells as a head coach are with a DoF.

Edited by ToqueJambo

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re good at asking questions. Do you fancy answering one? 

Do do you think Craig Levien has got the best out of the players he has had available ?

That's an easy one and the answer is that I think he has made mistakes as have other managers.  In the M'well game he put Clare RB when he had Smith on the bench and IMO Clare shouldn't even be in the team. 

Beyond that, I think he is working with one hand tied behind his back because not only is he withour the use of some our best players but he also cannot get the luxury of naming a settled team from game to game.

Just now, JamboAl said:

That's an easy one and the answer is that I think he has made mistakes as have other managers.  In the M'well game he put Clare RB when he had Smith on the bench and IMO Clare shouldn't even be in the team. 

Beyond that, I think he is working with one hand tied behind his back because not only is he withour the use of some our best players but he also cannot get the luxury of naming a settled team from game to game.

Is that a yes or a no?

41 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Gary Locke would've done better with the resources than levein has had. 

One wee point  does levein only work with coaches who he know from the fife and tayside region rather than the best person for the job? All our backroom staff seem to be connected to fife and tayside.  

No comment on Locke, 

But I think you've made a valid point on the fife/tayside thing. Levein certainly seems to be hiring based on knowing the personnel coming in, rather than externally looking and hiring based on merit. 

Based on the various whispering on here regarding Dalys ability (or lack thereof) as a coach I'm sceptical he had any competition for the role.  Which IMO throws a similar question over all of the hirings made by Levein as coaches. 

Suspect when Levein eventually goes we'll have a shit tone of deadwood that needs to be moved on. Hopefully we can attract a decent candidate for DOF who can start things again and get the best guys we can coaching our youngsters. 

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Unanswered. 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Clare has improved. 

Mulraney has improved. 

Morrison improved. 

Hickey continues to improve. 

So you'd be happy if guys like clare and white had improved to your satisfaction. 

I wouldn't be. 

What a strange route to go down. 

I take it, any replacement manager must have improved certain players, that is your most important criteria?

Clare has improved :rofl: he’s ****ing terrible.. 

22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So am I but unfortunately that's the reality.  It is not an excuse.

Total nonsense the reality is Levein can’t manage the team. That’s it there’s nothing else to it. Your defending the indefensible now

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I'd say he's improved tho. 

That was the question. 

I think he's got a bit more to go, but he's improved. 

As a project player, he'd likley be dropped if walker and / or Naismith were fit.

But that can't be done just now. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

To be fair, he set a low bar to begin with. 

Also, how much will he improve if the Head Coach says he will play centre midfield, realises that’s a horrific idea, exposes his obvious defensive frailties as an emergency full back, pleads for the fans to give him a fair chance...then shoved him up front for an hour before punting him out to the right wing (rather than bring on Morrison, who did well at Easter Road and is apparently “improved”)

The poor guy is Leveins fall guy and doesn’t stand a chance. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

8 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

A simple YES or NO will do.

Do you believe, or not, that we would be a far better team if it contained Haring, Souttar, Halkett, Walker, Naismith and Washington?

BTW - a wise one would be able to spell correctly.

It is incredibly rare for a Board to show such loyalty to the management of such an underperforming football department.  Levein is in his 6th season running Hearts and very little has been achieved.  It's more than enough time.

To win such loyalty you would think that the Board can see something spectacular in the making.  But if you look at results, trophies, player transfer net income, player development, coach development (!), youth development, playing style, succession planning, football department organisation - and for me Levein is failing on every count.

The Plan is no good.  Time for a fresh start. 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is that a yes or a no?

The results definitely suggest NO but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

The results definitely suggest NO but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Thanks for the answer 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Thanks for the answer 

You're welcome.

Now give me an answer

Do you believe, or not, that we would be a far better team if it contained Haring, Souttar, Halkett, Walker, Naismith and Washington?

The same people offering the same excuses totally ignoring the glaringly obvious main issue which is the hopeless quality of the coaching staff. Every single player could be fit and it wouldn't solve the issue of set up and transition. At best they are inexperienced at worst they are clueless. The same mistakes are repeated ad infinitum. 

40 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Players from lower league sides that we signed and hoped to improve. How many players signed in the last five years have made us a profit or eent into better things?  There are no positives. 

The answer is we’ve barely improved any player we have signed.  Souttar has come on a lot, outside that our players don’t seem to make a lot of progress when they’re here.

Talking about players we sign for the senior team, I would say there’s a lot of positives to talk about in the academy the last couple years so the coaching must be of a good standard at that level.  

Just now, JamboAl said:

You're welcome.

Now give me an answer

Yes

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So sick of hearing about injuries, it’s just one excuse after another. I’ll explain how we’ve turned in the odd decent performance without all these players, save you having to bring it up again. Levein doesn’t have a clue how to get the best out of the players that are left on a consistent basis, he cannot put a formation or style of play to suit these players, he sometimes stubbles across something that works but very rarely he then changes it the following week. He has one style that works for him and he buys the players to suit that, they get injured and he’s absolutely clueless. That style is 2nd ball football, get it forward as quick as possible and win the second ball to gain possession high up the pitch... it’s eye bleeding outdated shite and every team in the league knows it’s coming. He even tried the same thing with Meshino up front it’s embarrassing to watch!  

There’s no excuses for him now, 2 games this season we’ve witnessed a half decent performance then straight back to type, he’s had his chance and I’m sick of watching a once great Hearts player suffer week in and week as he’s clueless as to why Hearts are getting beat every ****ing week by utter shite, god knows what the Rangers games will bring. He needs to go!

Good post 👍🏽

7 minutes ago, Jodami said:

The same people offering the same excuses totally ignoring the glaringly obvious main issue which is the hopeless quality of the coaching staff. Every single player could be fit and it wouldn't solve the issue of set up and transition. At best they are inexperienced at worst they are clueless. The same mistakes are repeated ad infinitum. 

There are also the same head in the sand people who ignore the effect of injuries on our efficiency and consistency.

5 minutes ago, Morph said:

The answer is we’ve barely improved any player we have signed.  Souttar has come on a lot, outside that our players don’t seem to make a lot of progress when they’re here.

Talking about players we sign for the senior team, I would say there’s a lot of positives to talk about in the academy the last couple years so the coaching must be of a good standard at that level.  

The Academy has had £4m spent on it and in my opinion the results are poor.

It doesn't help when there are situations like the only exciting attacking player brought through in Macdonald is told he has to become a better defender.  

Just now, Coco said:

The Academy has had £4m spent on it and in my opinion the results are poor.

It doesn't help when there are situations like the only exciting attacking player brought through in Macdonald is told he has to become a better defender.  

Rome was not built in a day.

Hickey is through already while Irving is nearly there.    Cochrane, Smith, Hamilton and McDonald will hopefullly return from loan as more rounded players able to challenge for a 1st team spot or at least be decent squad back-ups.

Can you elaborate with a link or other evidence re your last sentence.

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We had a thread on here about Liverpool not so long ago and asking why we can't do that. 

😂😂😂

The only thing that concerns me is our league form and if we replace CL what that would look like. 

I genuinely don't understand about what "replacing Craig Levein  would look like " has any baring on the situation, what would concern you about it?

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You're welcome.

Now give me an answer

Al, I posted further up the thread about when this thread started. February, after a shocker against St Mirren, who were bottom of the League at the time. No one quoted my post, fair enough, but the team included Naismith, Soapy, Haring, Uche, Berra etc. 

You were probably there too. Only one game but the tactics were rotten !

We could play better with those players but play a whole lot better with those players and a good coach.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, thewiseone said:

I genuinely don't understand about what "replacing Craig Levein  would look like " has any baring on the situation, what would concern you about it?

Covered it several times tbh. 

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

No it's not nonsense!  Our coaching set up was supposed to be about signing players and improving them and that hasn't happened.  In five years we haven't sold a player and made a profit, apart from Sow.  Who out of the players that we have signed from lower league Scottish clubs have went on to do well for us?  I cant name one, and if we haven't improved any players that we have signed in that period then it doesn't say much for our coaches. 

Can anyone in here name any player that has become better with our coaches?  

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, Morph said:

In terms of players we signed recently whose form and careers (international prospects, decent move elsewhere, etc) improved while with us: in addition to Souttar -  Sow, Mulraney, Smith, Djoum, Halkett, Lafferty, Dunne, Haring, McLaughlin, Callachan, might be more.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
Just now, thewiseone said:

Sounds like a cop out to me!

Nah, just repetitive. 

This thread is becoming an absolute disgrace with posters making up blatant lies to suit their agendas. 

Not sure if that is against JKB rules but it should be.

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Rome was not built in a day.

Hickey is through already while Irving is nearly there.    Cochrane, Smith, Hamilton and McDonald will hopefullly return from loan as more rounded players able to challenge for a 1st team spot or at least be decent squad back-ups.

Can you elaborate with a link or other evidence re your last sentence.

Time wasn't built in a day, but you'd expect after five years, our coaching set up to be good at improving the players that we've signed from other teams.  

There isn't any.  Pretty pathetic. 

19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You're welcome.

Now give me an answer

Does Haring play just now?  In place of Whelan? Damour?   What we’ve done is add options to that position. Not all of those players will start at once.   Halkett was playing just a few weeks ago in a toiling team.

Walker, Naismith and Washington all started v RC and we were well off it.  

We have a lot of good players but they need new voices to hear, new ideas, a manager who can see through the mist and make these guys tick the way they should.  It’s not them, it’s the guidance behind them. Nothing clicks the way it should and I’m afraid, for right or wrong reasons, the situation is too poisonous now. 

When that infects the support and vibe of a club there’s only one thing to do. Quite often there’s no going back. 

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

There are also the same head in the sand people who ignore the effect of injuries on our efficiency and consistency.

Al, the coaches are the constant issue, nothing changes until new ideas are implemented. On the subject of player fitness I suggest you look at the line ups we fielded in the league cup group struggles. The only player guaranteed a start unavailable was Naismith and we also looked as unimpressive in games where Berra didn't play. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Covered it several times tbh. 

Some of us missed it and it should only take a minute to remind us.  Fancy doing that for us who missed what you said?

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic