Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, Spoleto said:

I don't think you'll find any Levein lovers on here - unless Mrs LEvein has signed up.

What you may find are pragmatists.

Oh, there's still a few. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Also if you look at the teams CL played against Scotland manager compared to GS I would say CL had the tougher games.

I think it was his scared to have a go style of play Scotland fans were sick off.  Sound familiar?

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I think it was his scared to have a go style of play Scotland fans were sick off.  Sound familiar?

I can see that.

What I would say is that I don't think GS's style of play for Scotland was any better.

So were looking for a First team coach, or manager, you can argue the semantics and a director of football?? I like the dof thing, it appears to be the future. I think I'm right in saying most top teams have one?? 

6 minutes ago, scratchy said:

So were looking for a First team coach, or manager, you can argue the semantics and a director of football?? I like the dof thing, it appears to be the future. I think I'm right in saying most top teams have one?? 

It probably is the way to go but DoF has, for some Jambos, became a bit of a dirty word. Of course, that would fade and change once we had a DoF that was was worth having. 

6 minutes ago, martoon said:

It probably is the way to go but DoF has, for some Jambos, became a bit of a dirty word. Of course, that would fade and change once we had a DoF that was was worth having. 

So what are Leveins faults as DoF that require him to be sacked?

Forever Hearts
Just now, Spoleto said:

Hiring Cathro and sanctioning umpteen crap signings on long contracts costing the club millions in the process. 

Anything else just ask. 

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

he’s not making a claim he’s stating a fact. The % records of our managers was done to death during the cathro era and the in the weeks before your “arrival” when opinion was more evenly split, leveins overall record is high 30% however over the past year it’s low 20’s which is utterly chronic, the worst run in our history. 

The poster  is right so if you want to challenge his facts go prove him wrong. Otherwise hold your tongue and avoid debates where you knowledge is clearly lacking.

Leveins record against hibs is ****ing phenomenal though, we always have that pondlife making us feel better about life don’t we mate, imagine his managerial record without hibs - lol 👍🏻

Except the poster wasn't stating a fact. His post said:

"A huge chunk of Levein's wins (2nd spell) have been against lower league pish in cups.  The win % drops to around 20% for league matches.  Absolutely woeful stuff and close to being the worst manager in our history. "

My reaction, was 'that is woeful, I wonder if it's true'. A quick check shows that it isn't around 20% for league matches at all its actually 33.75%. 80 league matches, won 27. (19/20 P8, W1; P38, W15; 17-18 P34, W11).

It's a rubbish record and I want Levein sacked, but the reaction to the few posters that disagree is totally over the top. The original poster's stat wasn't right, yet you went off on one for a poster who rightly questioned that stat.

39 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Tbf I think it’s a bit pointless looking at any Scotland managers record as an indication of how good they are. 

I don’t think anyone could really have claimed to have done a good job as Scotland boss in the last however many years.  I reckon that’s why Alex Ferguson wanted to go nowhere near it, it would’ve tarnished even his record. 

The most important thing is to judge him on his record here with us now and I think that speaks volumes about his current abilities as a manager. 

33 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I can see that.

What I would say is that I don't think GS's style of play for Scotland was any better.

I agree, but was just pointing out that because it's the same criticism levein gets from hearts fans.  He will never change his cautious approach. 

1 minute ago, Morph said:

Tbf I think it’s a bit pointless looking at any Scotland managers record as an indication of how good they are. 

I don’t think anyone could really have claimed to have done a good job as Scotland boss in the last however many years.  I reckon that’s why Alex Ferguson wanted to go nowhere near it, it would’ve tarnished even his record. 

The most important thing is to judge him on his record here with us now and I think that speaks volumes about his current abilities as a manager. 

I just think it highlights leveins constant cautious approach.  He will never change and that's why I think we will never win anything with him.  We've been waiting fir two years for things to get better.  Still waiting! 

kingantti1874

Please forgive me if I don't take your word for it. I don't think it's too much for a poster to have to prove his claims, if he can't then it's not a fact, at best it's an opinion. 

You're right about one thing - his record is phenomenal against Hibs - every cloud has a silver lining.

Your in the minority who are challenging him, your making the claim.  onus of proof is on you 👍🏻

27 minutes ago, scratchy said:

Sevco have just replaced their recently departed Sporting Director with a new Sporting Director but I read little criticism of that.  This is purely anti-Levein posts from people who have a personal agenda against him.

Personally, I have stated many times that Levein needs to give up the dug out and go back upstairs but I do not want the position of Manager/Head Coach being filled from within.  Do Daly & Fox have the relevant coaching qualifications?

13 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

How many players has he signed that we have improved and then sold on?  Signing players that couldn't get in the first team at championship side hasn't worked.  Name the players that we have profited from?

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I agree, but was just pointing out that because it's the same criticism levein gets from hearts fans.  He will never change his cautious approach. 

Agree. We came close in the cup final but there was a few occasions in the first half when there were audible groans at our insistence to play sideways and back. The demons were there for the taking that day.

Two ways of looking at it though. Others, who are keen on CL, would say if we had opened up, they would have done us. I disagree.

5 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I just think it highlights leveins constant cautious approach.  He will never change and that's why I think we will never win anything with him.  We've been waiting fir two years for things to get better.  Still waiting! 

We were two wins away from a LC last year and 1 win away from a SC.

We are currently 2 wins away from a LC this season.

Just now, Tasavallan said:

Sevco have just replaced their recently departed Sporting Director with a new Sporting Director but I read little criticism of that.  This is purely anti-Levein posts from people who have a personal agenda against him.

Personally, I have stated many times that Levein needs to give up the dug out and go back upstairs but I do not want the position of Manager/Head Coach being filled from within.  Do Daly & Fox have the relevant coaching qualifications?

It's not a personal agenda against him, its questioning his ability to sign players and improve them. Who have we signed from lower league clubs and then moved on for a profit? Sow? 

Just now, Spoleto said:

So we just ignore finishing 5th, 6th and 6th?  Ok then.  

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

pity we will get pumped in the first of those 2 games.

14 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Except the poster wasn't stating a fact. His post said:

"A huge chunk of Levein's wins (2nd spell) have been against lower league pish in cups.  The win % drops to around 20% for league matches.  Absolutely woeful stuff and close to being the worst manager in our history. "

My reaction, was 'that is woeful, I wonder if it's true'. A quick check shows that it isn't around 20% for league matches at all its actually 33.75%. 80 league matches, won 27. (19/20 P8, W1; P38, W15; 17-18 P34, W11).

It's a rubbish record and I want Levein sacked, but the reaction to the few posters that disagree is totally over the top. The original poster's stat wasn't right, yet you went off on one for a poster who rightly questioned that stat.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Your in the minority who are challenging him, your making the claim.  onus of proof is on you 👍🏻

Thank you Saint Jambo, sorry that you had to go to the trouble of working it out. It was clearly wrong.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

pity we will get pumped in the first of those 2 games.

That's the attitude 😥

Perhaps we should spend millions of pounds on players and wages that we can't afford like Rangers do?

7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Of course, all we need to do is beat rangers then Celtic :lol: what actual planet are you on pal? 

Just now, Last Laff said:

Of course, all we need to do is beat rangers then Celtic :lol: what actual planet are you on pal? 

Rangers then Hibs. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Just now, davemclaren said:

Rangers then Hibs. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Sounds delightful, pity they are even more shit than us. In fact it’s not a pity in general terms but you catch my drift. 

That's the attitude 😥

Perhaps we should spend millions of pounds on players and wages that we can't afford like Rangers do?

Club is already spending over and above money on players to give Levein the best chance possibly of not being being a complete failure topped up by the mystery benefactors. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Club is already spending over and above money on players to give Levein the best chance possibly of not being being a complete failure topped up by the mystery benefactors. 

I think we’ve certainly backed Levein as best as we could. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think we’ve certainly backed Levein as best as we could. 

I agree.  It’s what makes it even more frustrating.  He can have absolutely no grumbles but he will hide behind injuries in the same way he use to hide behind putting random young players in the side and hide behind that for a loss. 

17 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I agree.  It’s what makes it even more frustrating.  He can have absolutely no grumbles but he will hide behind injuries in the same way he use to hide behind putting random young players in the side and hide behind that for a loss. 

Time will tell. Unless you have a crystal ball?

I am the eternal optimist as I always go into a Hearts game with the attitude that they will win it, regardless of the opposition.  I have been like this from the very first match that my father took me too (beat by Stoke City). 

I was pumped up with enthusiasm, returning to Scotland for the 1976, 1986 & 1996 Cup Finals, never imagining that Hearts would lose them.  Season 2012/13 was hard to take but supporting Hearts was all that mattered.  The relegation derby made my season.

I suspect that social media bears much of the blame for today's attitude of fans - the sharing of negative thoughts.  I am old school and do not have accounts like Twitter, etc.  Believe it or not but I generally get most of my news from talking to ex-players.           

This season has been horrible as a Hearts supporter but I will survive.  I will still be supporting Hearts long after Budge, Levein, et al are gone. 

GRUMBLE OVER

Edited by Tasavallan

2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I am the eternal optimist as I always go into a Hearts game with the attitude that they will win it, regardless of the opposition.  I have been like this from the very first match that my father took me too (beat by Stoke City). 

I was pumped up with enthusiasm, returning to Scotland for the 1976, 1986 & 1996 Cup Finals, never imagining that Hearts would lose them.  Season 2012/13 was hard to take but supporting Hearts was all that mattered.  The relegation derby made my season.

I suspect that social media bears much of the blame for today's attitude of fans - the sharing of negative thoughts.  I am old school and do not have accounts like Twitter, etc.  Believe it or not but I generally get most of my news from talking to ex-player.           

This season has been horrible as a Hearts supporter but I will survive.  I will still be supporting Hearts long after Budge, Levein, et al are gone. 

GRUMBLE OVER

Good post, I hope some of your optimism can rub off on others 🙂

54 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Heart Of Midlothian - the two wins away from a league cup trophy and the 1 win away from the Scottish cup trophy. The double. Levein in. 

20 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Ah, okay, we’re on the crystal ball level of debate here? No bother 👍

MarkDevriesScores4
4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Heart Of Midlothian - the two wins away from a league cup trophy and the 1 win away from the Scottish cup trophy. The double. Levein in. 

Haha. That’s what I was thinking. Why budge thinks reaching a semi or a final and losing is a success I will never know. 

how many wins were we from the league title?

then how many wins till champions league winners?

lets also remember the calibre of the teams we actually played to reach those positions last year. Effectively had a free pass to the final almost in the SC it would of been a disgrace had we not made it that far. 

MarkDevriesScores4

There will be a lot of disappointed folk on here when we get injured players back and they realise we are still complete mince.

30 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I suspect that social media bears much of the blame for today's attitude of fans - the sharing of negative thoughts.  I am old school and do not have accounts like Twitter, etc.  Believe it or not but I generally get most of my news from talking to ex-players.           

GRUMBLE OVER

You said ‘ I always go into a Hearts game with the attitude that they will win it, regardless of the opposition’, it’s great to be so glass half full. If only our manager went into every game with such a positive attitude, playing his strongest, most attacking team & letting the other team worry about us. Sadly Levein overthinks things and concerns himself with the other  team, understandable against Celtic & Rangers when it would be daft to go gung-ho, but the rest - c’mon! 

You still choosing to ignore the last three league positions?  We don't have to spend like rangers if we didn't sign injury prone players and our manager deciding to have a less cautious approach to games.  He has never won a single trophy with his approach and still he perseveres with it.  It's also impacting on the fans enjoyment at games.  There are no positives just now when it comes to the first team and there hasn't been for over two years.  Now back to those league positions.  Agree that we've been shite in the league for over two years with the same manager?

I'm a divorce, a stone, a full head of hair, 5k miles and 12 hours away from dating a lobotomized Jennifer Aniston. 

Feels good.

12 minutes ago, martoon said:

I'm a divorce, a stone, a full head of hair, 5k miles and 12 hours away from dating a lobotomized Jennifer Aniston. 

Feels good.

Why would you want to date a lobotomized Jennifer Aniston?

Governor Tarkin
54 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I always find the ouija board far more accurate.

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I always find the ouija board far more accurate.

Let's go the whole hog and get the Tarot Cards out, and if Levein is up for it we can read his palm 🙂

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Let's go the whole hog and get the Tarot Cards out, and if Levein is up for it we can read his palm 🙂

Leafing through the 16th century quatrains as we speak.

35 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

There will be a lot of disappointed folk on here when we get injured players back and they realise we are still complete mince.

This thread was started after the turgid game against St Mirren in Feb.

A game where Soapy, Haring and Naismith all played. It was awful. 

This isn’t a new thing no matter what excuses some come up with.

21 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Why would you want to date a lobotomized Jennifer Aniston?

Why are you ignoring the last three league finishes?  Is 5th, 6th and 6th acceptable?  You're happy to mention the cup runs but choose to ignore the league.  

37 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

You still choosing to ignore the last three league positions?  We don't have to spend like rangers if we didn't sign injury prone players and our manager deciding to have a less cautious approach to games.  He has never won a single trophy with his approach and still he perseveres with it.  It's also impacting on the fans enjoyment at games.  There are no positives just now when it comes to the first team and there hasn't been for over two years.  Now back to those league positions.  Agree that we've been shite in the league for over two years with the same manager?

You will never get anywhere with him mate.

I had to put him on ignore :jj_facepalm:

4 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Why are you ignoring the last three league finishes?  Is 5th, 6th and 6th acceptable?  You're happy to mention the cup runs but choose to ignore the league.  

Why should I have to repeat myself?

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

I looked and couldn't see your answer.  What did you say? Are the last three league positions acceptable? 

Last question.  What are the positives when it comes to the first team over the last three years?  Forget the cups loses for a minute and point out any positives when it comes to the league.  There aren't any.  

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic