• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Governor Tarkin
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Levein has had 5 windows, a record level of backing and currently has us in the midst of worst run of form in the last 125 years. 13% 

Good Lord. That's a hideous state of affairs.

58 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

The thing is what he quoted as a fact and that you backed up as a fact was in fact way off the mark.

What do you think of that record?? 

Even you can’t defend that when you see it written down like that!!! 

Worse record than the man he brought in, then sacked and said he would fix it!! How the hell is this idiot still at the club. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's quite obvious what football stats are an indicator of- imo. 

It will come to you. 

Nope, what do they indicate to you?

1 minute ago, jake said:

That possession means sweet fa if you dont do something with it.

And levein never has. There's also nothing to suggest that he will.  He's won nothing and never will with his approach.   

It's quite obvious what football stats are an indicator of- imo. 

It will come to you. 

In our case if you have watched us it confirms what all of us know.

Pass pass pass pass along the back pass to midfield pass back to defence opposition presses lump.

And there have been brief glimmers of a team which can play .

But just not happened

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

More a reflection on the Scottish game and it's standard. 

You seem intent on missing that point tho, so best to move on. 

It's also irrelevant anyway, the results and poor form are the important part. 

I'm not missing any point.  You seem to play that card quite a lot.  I asked someone else and he hasn't answered. 

What project players have we signed and improved?  Who are these project players that have done well for us and have moved onto better things? There are no positives apart from a couple of cup results.  

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

If it wasn;t for his injury we wouldn't even have Hickey to get excited about.

Injuries sometimes create opportunities for others to shine.

Correct but I named 10 players and you name one.  Statistically that gives  us a 10% chance of  benefit from injuries or a 90% disadvantage.

5 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What do you think of that record?? 

Even you can’t defend that when you see it written down like that!!! 

Worse record than the man he brought in, then sacked and said he would fix it!! How the hell is this idiot still at the club. 

We sacked cathro two and a half years ago and we are still utter shite.  How anyone can defend the last three years is laughable.  There is nothing to suggest that things will get better with him in charge.  

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

We sacked cathro two and a half years ago and we are still utter shite.  How anyone can defend the last three years is laughable.  There is nothing to suggest that things will get better with him in charge.  

Injuries to key players.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I'm not missing any point.  You seem to play that card quite a lot.  I asked someone else and he hasn't answered. 

What project players have we signed and improved?  Who are these project players that have done well for us and have moved onto better things? There are no positives apart from a couple of cup results.  

You're getting your arguments mixed up. 

I never mentioned project players or anything what you've touched on. 

All I done was engage with Debut 4 about the general standard of Scottish football and Hearts being a reflection of that standard. Also, in comparison to teams like hibs/ Aberdeen we are no worse or better in regards to movement and style of play. 

kingantti1874
Just now, JamboAl said:

Injuries to key players.

Gary Locke has a better record with A squad of teenagers. And we were a hell of a lot better to watch

10 minutes ago, jake said:

In our case if you have watched us it confirms what all of us know.

Pass pass pass pass along the back pass to midfield pass back to defence opposition presses lump.

And there have been brief glimmers of a team which can play .

But just not happened

Better let Smith know we've got a new main stand, probably not been away from his computer stats in a while!

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Injuries to key players.

I don't agree that's the reason we have been shite in the league for three years.  

How many of the project players that we have signed in the last five years have done well for us? 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Gary Locke has a better record with A squad of teenagers. And we were a hell of a lot better to watch

Gary Locke would've done better with the resources than levein has had. 

One wee point  does levein only work with coaches who he know from the fife and tayside region rather than the best person for the job? All our backroom staff seem to be connected to fife and tayside.  

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Must have missed his 6th place finish, lc sf and sc final season. 

If it was better, were we 5th, did we win the cup? 

When was this? 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

But can you guarantee our teenagers won't get injured as well?

Incidentally the teenagers who might have come in are out on loan.  I'm sure if Levein had envisaged all these injuries he would not have allowed them to go on loan

Edited by JamboAl

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Easter Road when Patterson's double sunk the Lochend rhats :sweeet:

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

When was this? 

He had a fraction of the resources than levein has had   any chance of naming the project players that we have signed and have went on to do well?  I thought we had a brilliant coaching set up? 

Any chance you could name them or should we just move on?

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

When was this? 

Saying that Locke couldn't deliver a 6th place finish is really disrespectful considering the circumstances.  

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

He had a fraction of the resources than levein has had   any chance of naming the project players that we have signed and have went on to do well?  I thought we had a brilliant coaching set up? 

Levein's resources are mostly in the treatment room not on the field.

Naismith, Halkett, Washington, Walker, Haring,Souttar etc

Edited by JamboAl

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Injuries to key players.

🙈🙈🙈🙈

For the last 2 and a half years?? 

Were you expecting there to be no injuries? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, FruitJuice said:

Saying that Locke couldn't deliver a 6th place finish is really disrespectful considering the circumstances.  

But the poster said he had a better record. 

That's a lie. 

Where/ what he could have achieved is irrelevant if you're stating that Locke had a better record. 

That's not true, is it? 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Name the project players that we have benefited from? If our coaching set up is so good, we should at least be seeing some benefits.  Five years of signing players and we haven't improved any.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Get a thread started called project players, **** all to do with this nonsense. 

That's a lie. 

Where/ what he could have achieved is irrelevant if you're stating that Locke had a better record. 

That's not true, is it? 

Would you be calling for Locke to be sacked if he had been in charge for the last couple of years?  

Bazzas right boot

Would you be calling for Locke to be sacked if he had been in charge for the last couple of years?  

Be exactly as I am now. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Get a thread started called project players, **** all to do with this nonsense. 

I'm asking you as you are a staunch advocate of our coaching set up.  Cant you name any? Pretty damning of our set up if you can't 

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not that old excuse again!

13 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I don't agree that's the reason we have been shite in the league for three years.  

How many of the project players that we have signed in the last five years have done well for us? 

Who are you calling project players

WTF this has to do with our current situation is beyond me.  You seem to be running away scratching around for something to hit the club but you do now what.

To refresh your memory I repeat below what I said earlier and invite you to deny it.

Just now, thewiseone said:

We have finished 5th, 6th and 6th,  We haven't improved any player that we have signed and some posters think he still deserves to be at the club in some footballing capacity.   There is nothing to suggest that they are getting things right.  

2 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

You belie your username.

It is not an excuse.  It is a fact and I ask you   "Do you think we would be a much better team with these players than we are now?"

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

WTF this has to do with our current situation is beyond me.  You seem to be running away scratching around for something to hit the club but you do now what.

To refresh your memory I repeat below what I said earlier and invite you to deny it.

Players from lower league sides that we signed and hoped to improve. How many players signed in the last five years have made us a profit or eent into better things?  There are no positives. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's a lie. 

That's not true, is it? 

fair enough, I was comparing lockes 27.5%  overall record to Leveins 13.5 % over the last 22 games.. not a fair comparison.

Still - I’d rather have Gary Locke in charge right now.. we’d be a better side ive no doubt

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So sick of hearing about injuries, it’s just one excuse after another. I’ll explain how we’ve turned in the odd decent performance without all these players, save you having to bring it up again. Levein doesn’t have a clue how to get the best out of the players that are left on a consistent basis, he cannot put a formation or style of play to suit these players, he sometimes stubbles across something that works but very rarely he then changes it the following week. He has one style that works for him and he buys the players to suit that, they get injured and he’s absolutely clueless. That style is 2nd ball football, get it forward as quick as possible and win the second ball to gain possession high up the pitch... it’s eye bleeding outdated shite and every team in the league knows it’s coming. He even tried the same thing with Meshino up front it’s embarrassing to watch!  

There’s no excuses for him now, 2 games this season we’ve witnessed a half decent performance then straight back to type, he’s had his chance and I’m sick of watching a once great Hearts player suffer week in and week as he’s clueless as to why Hearts are getting beat every ****ing week by utter shite, god knows what the Rangers games will bring. He needs to go!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

So sick of hearing about injuries, it’s just one excuse after another. I’ll explain how we’ve turned in the odd decent performance without all these players, save you having to bring it up again. Levein doesn’t have a clue how to get the best out of the players that are left on a consistent basis, he cannot put a formation or style of play to suit these players, he sometimes stubbles across something that works but very rarely he then changes it the following week. He has one style that works for him and he buys the players to suit that, they get injured and he’s absolutely clueless. That style is 2nd ball football, get it forward as quick as possible and win the second ball to gain possession high up the pitch... it’s eye bleeding outdated shite and every team in the league knows it’s coming. He even tried the same thing with Meshino up front it’s embarrassing to watch!  

There’s no excuses for him now, 2 games this season we’ve witnessed a half decent performance then straight back to type, he’s had his chance and I’m sick of watching a once great Hearts player suffer week in and week as he’s clueless as to why Hearts are getting beat every ****ing week by utter shite, god knows what the Rangers games will bring. He needs to go!

JamboAl seems to think that a spate of injuries justifies us being bottom of the league.

Halkett, Washington and Walker weren't here last season, so how can them being injured explain last seasons 6th place finish? Souttar also played last season. So that only leaves Naismith being out as the reason we finished 6th.

Should levein take any responsibility for how things have been for the last two years?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Halkett, Washington and Walker weren't here last season, so how can them being injured explain last seasons 6th place finish? Souttar also played last season. So that only leaves Naismith being out as the reason we finished 6th.

Should levein take any responsibility for how things have been for the last two years?

Apparently not.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Apparently not.

So it was only Naismith being injured last season that got us finishing so low.  

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You belie your username.

It is not an excuse.  It is a fact and I ask you   "Do you think we would be a much better team with these players than we are now?"

You’re good at asking questions. Do you fancy answering one? 

Do do you think Craig Levien has got the best out of the players he has had available ?

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Be exactly as I am now. 

That's cleared that up. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Apparently so.

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Yes

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I'm asking you as you are a staunch advocate of our coaching set up.  Cant you name any? Pretty damning of our set up if you can't 

I'm not a staunch advocate. 

If going on about project players what I would say is that guys like Clare have played too much due to injuries. 

Again, I'd need to compare to other teams to get a fair indication of what constitutes success of a project player, and what is a project player. 

Again, it's secondary to our poor form anyway. 

Are you saying if we had a couple of successful project players you'd be happy with things? 

If not, what is your point? 

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So am I but unfortunately that's the reality.  It is not an excuse.

4 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

We have finished 5th, 6th and 6th,  We haven't improved any player that we have signed and some posters think he still deserves to be at the club in some footballing capacity.   There is nothing to suggest that they are getting things right.  

100%, all a big smokescreen. The communication things aren't working lie on the treatment table, simple!

You belie your username.

Excuses, excuses, full of excuses, the games almost up, why will it be any different in 3/4/5 months with the same regime in place, I think my name actually represents me well thank you!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If going on about project players what I would say is that guys like Clare have played too much due to injuries. 

Again, I'd need to compare to other teams to get a fair indication of what constitutes success of a project player, and what is a project player. 

Are you saying if we had a couple of successful project players you'd be happy with things? 

His point is that Levein is not delivering on any front.

5 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Did you forget the long spell Uche had out and Souttar and Berra and his replacement (Dunne) not to mention Mitchell, Brandon, even Shaughnessy.

My point is that, along with a pish first team, our coaching set up is shite if we haven't signed any players and improved them.  Name some?

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic