Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Yes Jake results. 

Like getting to last years LC Semi, and SC Final, reaching this years LC Semi and finishing top 6 last season. I don't recall any prizes being handed out for October to October.

Stupid argument? Do you think we'll be able to attract a top class manager now or mid season?

Please don't tell me what I'm saying. I am saying that there are mitigating factors affecting our form and league position. I HOPE that things will get better, I certainly don't want to make them worse.

I give up

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

31 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Who argues it? I would have to look back at squads from Brewsters day but I'm pretty sure that CL built that team and also won many plaudits from redeveloping the youth set up. 

Certainly the team that won the Cup was CL's team.

Of course I don't care more about CL than Hearts which is exactly why I'm defending CL. My criticism of others is that they want rid of CL so badly it seems they'd be happy for any Tom, Dick or Harry to replace him no matter the consequences. The anti CL rhetoric and to a lesser extent the attacks on Ann Budge appear to be total paranoia.

Perhaps we should have stuck with Cathro for longer too? Ann showed weak leadership after listening to a few shouts from "pantwetters" reacting to an early LC exit. There were no protests outside the stand and he was only given one summer transfer window to get his own players in...Lafferty, Berra and Smith, for example.  We ended up replacing him with any old Tom, Dick or Harry once the season proper had started. Do you agree?

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

This sort of thing is not helpful. 

WALKING AWAY IS THE JAMBO WAY !

You want to hear that from opposition fans for the rest of the season ?

Sticks and stones!!!

those songs haven’t held Rangers back have they.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Yes Jake results. 

Like getting to last years LC Semi, and SC Final, reaching this years LC Semi and finishing top 6 last season. I don't recall any prizes being handed out for October to October.

Stupid argument? Do you think we'll be able to attract a top class manager now or mid season?

Please don't tell me what I'm saying. I am saying that there are mitigating factors affecting our form and league position. I HOPE that things will get better, I certainly don't want to make them worse.

Remind me.....how many prizes were handed out to us last year?

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Yes Jake results. 

Fantastic post.

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Remind me.....how many prizes were handed out to us last year?

If we had finished a close second and lost both cup finals narrowly I think I would judge it a successful season. The world we exist in isn’t black and white. 

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair, but also new man Comes in, results don't pick up as Injuries are still a concern and the fans turn after 3 months. 

Current players are that are happy(ish) then turn and everyone wants to leave. 

Just to clarify...regardless of the injury situation , we have a good enough squad to beat Motherwell,  Killie, Hamilton and Ross C at home. The problem has been the way we have set the team up, style of play and substitutions.  Playing 2 lightweight midfielders up front while 2 recognised strikers sit on the bench has nothing to do with injuries. Only one or two of the injured will come in and improve us anyway.

Governor Tarkin
Just now, davemclaren said:

The world we exist in isn’t black and white. 

That's where you're going wrong, Dave. :(

34 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm 200 kilometers off the coast of Guyana for another few weeks :(

Isn't it nice that JKB brings Jambos all over the world together like one big happy family. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And Dundee Utd and Hearts(first) which explains why he got the chance to fail at Leicester  Scotland. 😎

His failure at Leicester was to a certain extent self inflicted by the club was it not? Levein was instructed to dismantle the team and put a more cost effective team in place. To the point that he played a 15 year old.

The following from LCFC.COM

With Leicester City’s period in administration a recent memory, Levein's vision was to develop players through the Academy, reduce the age of the squad, sign younger players on long term contracts, have players living locally, and ensure financial prudence.

Expand photo

Craig Levein

With a brief to sign younger players, the acquisition of Matty Fryatt was a successful one.

He soon signed Alan Maybury, Mark de Vreis and, later, Patrick Kisnorbo from his old club, but by New Year 2005, the team was struggling in 15th position in the Championship.

However, Leicester did reach the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, before succumbing to Premier League Blackburn Rovers.

The 2005/06 season started badly with a 4-1 defeat at Sheffield United. David Connelly, meanwhile, was transferred to Wigan Athletic on the August transfer deadline day, just after 15 year-old Ashley Chambers had become the Club’s youngest-ever player.

Six successive league defeats between mid-December and the end of January left Leicester City in 22nd-place in the Championship table, although amazingly, after the third of these defeats, Tottenham Hotspur were defeated 3-2 in the FA Cup after they had taken a two goal lead.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

If we had finished a close second and los both cup finals narrowly I think I would judge it a successful season. The world we exist in isn’t black and white. 

If your auntie had balls and all that Dave.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Isn't it nice that JKB brings Jambos all over the world together like one big happy family. 

Feel the love, buddy. 👍

Is Spoleto a Leveinbot? Spurts out facts, but they are from the past. The facts of right now are not good and what we should be assessing Levein by.

14 minutes ago, jake said:

Oh no how will we cope?

Let's accept shite in case other supporters slag us off.

They already are mate.

Most look on in disbelief and are enjoying the thought of playing us.

I'm all for a civilised protest.

I just don't think staying away is the right thing to do.

I don't want Hearts fans being branded as disloyal to the team.

Just now, kila said:

Is Spoleto a Leveinbot? Spurts out facts, but they are from the past. The facts of right now are not good and what we should be assessing Levein by.

That’s far too sensible an idea Kila.

why would we want rid of Levein due to his recent record rather than his record at United, Leicester, Scotland and previous at us.

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That's where you're going wrong, Dave. :(

Folks have been telling me that for years. 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, kila said:

I agree but some people seem to want to go there in order to paint an even blacker picture than we already have. 

8 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

If your auntie had balls and all that Dave.

That’s about as daft as only measuring success by prizes/trophies. 

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If we had finished a close second and lost both cup finals narrowly I think I would judge it a successful season. The world we exist in isn’t black and white. 

I agree , it's not black and white. However, givrn the draws we had in the Cups last season  failure to get to the stages we did in both would probably have culminated in instant dismissal.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree , it's not black and white. However, givrn the draws we had in the Cups last season  failure to get to the stages we did in both would probably have culminated in instant dismissal.

Not sure about that but it would have been a pretty significant failure. Getting to the league cup semi this season was a much tougher task. 

11 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

His failure at Leicester was to a certain extent self inflicted by the club was it not? Levein was instructed to dismantle the team and put a more cost effective team in place. To the point that he played a 15 year old.

The following from LCFC.COM

With Leicester City’s period in administration a recent memory, Levein's vision was to develop players through the Academy, reduce the age of the squad, sign younger players on long term contracts, have players living locally, and ensure financial prudence.

Expand photo

Craig Levein

With a brief to sign younger players, the acquisition of Matty Fryatt was a successful one.

He soon signed Alan Maybury, Mark de Vreis and, later, Patrick Kisnorbo from his old club, but by New Year 2005, the team was struggling in 15th position in the Championship.

However, Leicester did reach the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, before succumbing to Premier League Blackburn Rovers.

The 2005/06 season started badly with a 4-1 defeat at Sheffield United. David Connelly, meanwhile, was transferred to Wigan Athletic on the August transfer deadline day, just after 15 year-old Ashley Chambers had become the Club’s youngest-ever player.

Six successive league defeats between mid-December and the end of January left Leicester City in 22nd-place in the Championship table, although amazingly, after the third of these defeats, Tottenham Hotspur were defeated 3-2 in the FA Cup after they had taken a two goal lead.

That "vision" would probably be shared by every other manager in the country  other than those with unlimited budgets. We were developing players from the Academy long before Levein was manager.

30 minutes ago, luckydug said:

This sort of thing is not helpful. 

WALKING AWAY IS THE JAMBO WAY !

You want to hear that from opposition fans for the rest of the season ?

I want Levein out of our club, asap!!

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm 200 kilometers off the coast of Guyana for another few weeks :(

😱, I  was misinformed last Friday of your whereabouts 🙈. Probably not missing much tbh.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was misinformed last Friday of your whereabouts. Probably not missing much tbh.

He’s a part timer. 🧐🧐

Just now, davemclaren said:

That’s about as daft as only measuring success by prizes/trophies. 

Just as well I don’t then Dave.

i do however like to see my team perform to the best of its abilities and players actually look like they’re trying a leg.

its shit going to Tynecastle just now and walking away deflated time after time.

never been a glory hunter Dave and if I was I wouldn’t follow Hearts.

just a pissed off fan right now!!

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Really? Why has this come as news to us?

48 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Better track record than you in that career I imagine. :levein2:

Nah, no thanks. I think you’ll find that the majority will still be there to support their team next week.  

Half empty stands, tumbleweed, a few angry supporters booing the team and the management. This is how it will be, get used to it, if that's your thing. 

Forever Hearts
29 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Yes Jake results. 

What a day that was. Thousands lined the streets of Edinburgh as the victorious Hearts team paraded through the city in a open top bus showing off the top six trophy to the jubilant Jambos. Great memories. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That "vision" would probably be shared by every other manager in the country  other than those with unlimited budgets. We were developing players from the Academy long before Levein was manager.

Good point, I’m not even sure if he has promoted anyone apart from Hickey who has played consistently either. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

What a day that was. Thousands lined the streets of Edinburgh as the victorious Hearts team paraded through the city in a open top bus showing off the top six trophy to the jubilant Jambos. Great memories. 

Holding up

photos of the alleged academy successes and our turnover, with adverts for concerts and a restaurant on the side. All a bit Hibs isn’t it?

3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

I have an idea.

Why don’t those of you moaning and greeting like bairns take yourselves over to Talk Hearts?

You can start a thread on my new mate Spoleto and call him all the names under the sun without the mods slapping you on the wrists?

You can even use sweary F words!!!

You can discuss in detail how Spoleto is a club plant or even Craig Levein himself?

Take it in turns to round on him for trolling the forum then pat yourselves on the back.

The best thing is you can name all the people on here you don’t like and call them names too. Even me.

Once you have done all that you can colour coordinate your tracky bottoms for the upcoming demonstrations. 

I think you will all feel better and safer taking my advice above.

Thank me later

VM

Me too.  

Apparently I'm a good **** though (cheers Beats) although a bit mixed up.  :verysmug:

What they don't know though is that I post over there too under a different name.

Edited by graygo

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Better track record than you in that career I imagine. :levein2:

Nah, no thanks. I think you’ll find that the majority will still be there to support their team next week.  

That’s a bit personal Dave, we were warned about that from

another Mod. It also depends on what you call successful, because Levein has done well for himself considering what he’s actually achieved. 

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Me too.  

Apparently I'm a good **** though (cheers Beats) although a bit mixed up.  :verysmug:

You should sign up like I did mate. You get to talk to all our old friends from here from days gone by. My new best mates Hendricks and Spencer are regulars on there.

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

You should sign up like I did mate. You get to talk to all our old friends from here from days gone by. My new best mates Hendricks and Spencer are regulars on there.

You missed my edit. ;) 

17 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Not meaning to offend but do you actually go to the games ?

Are you a ST holder  ?

If you are not a ST holder then you are asking people to do without something they have paid for and making no sacrifice yourself.

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Holding up

photos of the alleged academy successes and our turnover, with adverts for concerts and a restaurant on the side. All a bit Hibs isn’t it?

So you're not trophy hunters ........ but you want trophies.

And business success is for Hibs, not for Hearts?

I have to tell you, I'm really struggling to understand what point you are trying to make.

25 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

After we had reached the top 6 last season what do you think was Leveins priority?

To push hard and finish higher up the table and risk more injuries for the Cup Final or to focus on the Cup Final?

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Are you a ST holder  ?

If you are not a ST holder then you are asking people to do without something they have paid for and making no sacrifice yourself.

Plenty posters on here telling fans to stick with it and put up with any old shit who don’t go to the games themselves.

works both ways.

i personally am a season ticket holder, foundation donator for myself and pay my sons also.

i want him out and I’ll protest that day.

i won’t actively ask people to join me as people can make their own choices.

for me a message needs to be sent.

fans are frustrated.

you can agree or disagree 

that’s the democracy we live in.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You’ll be telling me that Alex Macdonald trails behind Valdus Ivanauskas next. 

MacDonald was a loser with us. 

Ken like. 

Won nothing, just a loser. 

Some posters in order to have a go at CL have lost all perspective. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

So you're not trophy hunters ........ but you want trophies.

And business success is for Hibs, not for Hearts?

I have to tell you, I'm really struggling to understand what point you are trying to make.

Yeah you seem to struggle with a lot of posts don’t you. I was being sarcastic there.

Celebrating those things that I mentioned is something we slagged Hibs got doing bit now we do it. Business success is great but all pales into insignificance if the product on the pitch is awful, as it was at Hibs when the had a good set of accounts. 

I didn’t t mention trophy hunter, I think you mean glory? my wiser than the average Hearts fan verbal jousting friend. 

Hearts do have glory hunters, not folk like me who have suffered four relegations and seen five trophies won since the early 70s. It’s folk like us that have seen far to much mediocrity and don’t want to put up with it anymore.

I certainly want to win trophies, the man in charge of our football department is a serial loser and should be removed from the club immediately.

I hope that was clear enough for you, if not get someone to explain it to you because that’s the last time I’m attempting  it 👍🏽👋🏿

10 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

After we had reached the top 6 last season what do you think was Leveins priority?

To push hard and finish higher up the table and risk more injuries for the Cup Final or to focus on the Cup Final?

What was his priority the season before when we didn’t have a cup final and we’re an utter shambles against our fellow top 6 teams?? 

What is our record post split since Levein has been in charge?? 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

MacDonald was a loser with us. 

Ken like. 

Won nothing, just a loser. 

Some posters in order to have a go at CL have lost all perspective. 

I think you would really struggle to find anyone calling Alex a loser, he won about everything possible with Rangers and was so close with us and Airdrie. 

I know you’re not old enough to remember but he was the 80s version of Naismith for us, along with Sandy, and I see a lot of him in Naismith who will hopefully go on to become our manager and win trophies with us. You can’t compare him and Levein, i don’t think anyone would.  

24 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Are you a ST holder  ?

If they really really want a painful experience, and to keep Levein in a job, then they should keep going. My advice is to take the hit, and get rid of him. But then that's just my opinion.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What was his priority the season before when we didn’t have a cup final and we’re an utter shambles against our fellow top 6 teams?? 

What is our record post split since Levein has been in charge?? 

1 win in ten games. I’m pretty sure he let Uche go out in the 2nd half against Killie at home with an injury that flared up and he wasn’t quite 100% for the final 🤔!

46 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Just as well I don’t then Dave.

i do however like to see my team perform to the best of its abilities and players actually look like they’re trying a leg.

its shit going to Tynecastle just now and walking away deflated time after time.

never been a glory hunter Dave and if I was I wouldn’t follow Hearts.

just a pissed off fan right now!!

I really can’t think any Hearts fan can be happy with performances at the moment. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

1 win in ten games. I’m pretty sure he let Uche go out in the 2nd half against Killie at home with an injury that flared up and he wasn’t quite 100% for the final 🤔!

1 win from 10 against our so called rivals. 

We have now regressed so far that we can’t even beat the bottom 6 teams never mind the ones we are meant to be competing against for Europe. How it has ever got this far is negligence in the extreme from Ann Budge and she is now just as much to blame for our predicament. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic