Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

The Real Maroonblood
54 minutes ago, leginten said:

Do the trolls work shifts? 

Or are they just here all day, every day?

They’re sad people.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

59 minutes ago, leginten said:

Do the trolls work shifts? 

Or are they just here all day, every day?

they seem to be on patrol in perpetuity 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

You do know that CL reports to AB and the board don't you? 

As for "weaseled" his way into DU. You do realise that he was well respected at Dundee United and was one of their most successful mangers post Jim McLean.

A quick look shows that are 12 managers with a better record than Levein in their overall history and 6 since Maclean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dundee_United_F.C._managers

Edited by Pasquale for King

15 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Grow up Rudy.

its you that needs to grow up pal, coming on your oppositions website  just to troll. Pretty pathetic for a grown man

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A quick look shows that are 12 managers with a better record than Levein in their overall history and 6 since Maclean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dundee_United_F.C._managers

Let's look at that picture closely though shall we?

Billy Kirkwood 47.5% - Fair enough

Billy Dodds 100% - Only managed 1 game

Craig Levein 40.4% - Took over when DU were in despair after Craig Brewsters disastrous spell (10%). CL rebuilt the team.

Peter Houston 42% - Slightly better. Took over the team the CL built.

Jacki McNamara 42.9 - Slightly better.

Gordon Young 62.7% - Only managed 3 games.

Ray McKinnon 52.1% - In the Championship

Laurie Ellis 100% - Only managed 2 games.

So I will reiterate. Craig Levein is one of the finest and most resepected managers in Uniteds history. 

"A lifelong United fan, Thompson invested heavily in the team in a bid to compete with significant spending which had developed following the formation of the Scottish Premier League, however little progress was made until Craig Levein became manager in 2006. Levein established United as a Top Six club, regularly achieving European qualification before he left the club to take the post as Scotland manager in 2009.

With the foundations of the side in place, United won the Scottish Cup for a second time in 2010 under the management of Peter Houston."

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Ann was correct. Levein is disorganised, his teams play in a disorganised fashion with little evidence much really gets worked on during the week.

3 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

its you that needs to grow up pal, coming on your oppositions website  just to troll. Pretty pathetic for a grown man

Is that really the best that you can come up with? You should join your pal on the sidelines until you've matured.

53 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It wasn't point scoring. 

Happy- no

I'll go on the kpi's, not selective dates. 

6th place 

Lc sf

Sc final. 

Possible sacking material. No where near 100% tho. 

This season 

6 points from 24.

No home league wins 

Lc sf

Sacking - leaning towards yes due to current form and fans apathy. 

However, it has to be for the better and planned. Covered it several times why right now isn't great, but we may have to take a gamble. 

No

No, I wouldn't listen to a thing the press says, not only on football for that matter. 

When would be the right time to sack Levein, if not now?

1 hour ago, jake said:

Yes.

Sack Levein and watch multiple applications for the job come forth.

The Hearts managerial post is a top class job.

We wont be shy of much better options than the current shambles.

Nail on head. 👍

15 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

More facts that will be conveniently ignored by the Levein Defence Force.

No, the facts will be interpreted and reported on. See my post above.

"Levein Defence Force" - Really?

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Ann was correct. Levein is disorganised, his teams play in a disorganised fashion with little evidence much really gets worked on during the week.

Maybe that's because he only turns up for training on Thursday and Friday. 

He maybe leaves it to big glaikit Daly. 

That would explain why we are ****** awful every Saturday 😏

11 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Indeed. 

He has even been warned by the mods but still carries on. 

Don't really get why he is not getting a ban or emptied. 

I have stopped replying to him because I don't want a ban because of somebody like him. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Indeed. 

I have stopped replying to him because I don't want a ban because of somebody like him. 

Solitary confinement affects people in different ways. 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Solitary confinement affects people in different ways. 

😄

19 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

AB is happy to sacrifice the LC semi final to keep Levein happy. In other words, she'd rather lose it with him at the helm than win it without him. That much is clear.

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Go on tell us about your user name... this should be good...

:interehjrling:

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Indeed. 

And that’s the right tactic. If people reply to these *****, it just gives them more ammunition. 

The thread title is ‘Levein’s time is up’. It was started eight months ago and was an accurate summation of the situation then. In fact, his time was up long before that.

There is no longer a debate to be had. Things are even worse now. So anyone still arguing the toss is either a troll or a Hibs *****, or both. Sad way to spend your time.

2 minutes ago, leginten said:

And that’s the right tactic. If people reply to these *****, it just gives them more ammunition. 

The thread title is ‘Levein’s time is up’. It was started eight months ago and was an accurate summation of the situation then. In fact, his time was up long before that.

There is no longer a debate to be had. Things are even worse now. So anyone still arguing the toss is either a troll or a Hibs *****, or both. Sad way to spend your time.

Spot on. 

I have an idea.

Why don’t those of you moaning and greeting like bairns take yourselves over to Talk Hearts?

You can start a thread on my new mate Spoleto and call him all the names under the sun without the mods slapping you on the wrists?

You can even use sweary F words!!!

You can discuss in detail how Spoleto is a club plant or even Craig Levein himself?

Take it in turns to round on him for trolling the forum then pat yourselves on the back.

The best thing is you can name all the people on here you don’t like and call them names too. Even me.

Once you have done all that you can colour coordinate your tracky bottoms for the upcoming demonstrations. 

I think you will all feel better and safer taking my advice above.

Thank me later

VM

3 minutes ago, leginten said:

Yip, well put. 👍

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I have an idea.

Why don’t those of you moaning and greeting like bairns take yourselves over to Talk Hearts?

You can start a thread on my new mate Spoleto and call him all the names under the sun without the mods slapping you on the wrists?

You can discuss in detail how Spoleto is a club plant or even Craig Levein himself?

Take it in turns to round on him for trolling the forum then pat yourselves on the back.

The best thing is you can name all the people on here you don’t like and call them names too. Even me.

Once you have done all that you can colour coordinate your tracky bottoms for the upcoming demonstrations. 

Thank me later

VM

:rofl:

image.png.00b5fc23376b168a5f0756896416e7c8.png

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I have an idea.

Thank me later

VM

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Don't know. 

I'd be inclined to go with January. 

But maybe it's time to gamble. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Excellent post.  The idea that CL will allow AB to "look for a new manager " while he is still in the post is laughable.  The guy has weaseled his way into the fabric of our club, exactly as he tried to do at Dundee Utd, and made himself unsackable.  Protests against Levein after games will prove fruitless, as they did with Robinson initiallly, another arrogant, stubborn individual who claims to have the club's best interests at heart. As with the Save Our Hearts campaign, other forms of protests have to take place. Protests before the game, walkouts, boycotts will, of course, be used by Levein as excuses for his players "losing confidence ", " not being in a good place" etc but the price of inaction will be far higher with more months of mediocrity with him at the helm. 

He has approx 4 matches before i reluctantly reach this thought process 😐

12 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I have an idea.

Thank me later

VM

As its so nasty why don't  the Mods  limit this thread to Paid members?

Oh wait a minute neither of you are, so you would be out.

Surprising lack of support given your love for Hearts and Mr Levein?

Bye then.

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Let's look at that picture closely though shall we?

Billy Kirkwood 47.5% - Fair enough

Billy Dodds 100% - Only managed 1 game

Craig Levein 40.4% - Took over when DU were in despair after Craig Brewsters disastrous spell (10%). CL rebuilt the team.

Peter Houston 42% - Slightly better. Took over the team the CL built.

Jacki McNamara 42.9 - Slightly better.

Gordon Young 62.7% - Only managed 3 games.

Ray McKinnon 52.1% - In the Championship

Laurie Ellis 100% - Only managed 2 games.

So I will reiterate. Craig Levein is one of the finest and most resepected managers in Uniteds history. 

"A lifelong United fan, Thompson invested heavily in the team in a bid to compete with significant spending which had developed following the formation of the Scottish Premier League, however little progress was made until Craig Levein became manager in 2006. Levein established United as a Top Six club, regularly achieving European qualification before he left the club to take the post as Scotland manager in 2009.

With the foundations of the side in place, United won the Scottish Cup for a second time in 2010 under the management of Peter Houston."

Twelve managers have a better record than him. Did you write that piece yourself? You probably think he’s one our best managers top hahahaha.United are our 6th biggest club, establishing them in the top 6, then left for more money as he would do in a heartbeat this very day. He’s a joke, you’re a joke 👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't know. 

The problem is, if our current form continues by January we could genuinely be in a relegation battle and the job becomes a “fire fighting” one. This could potentially put off some candidates as nobody wants to take over a decent sized club and get relegated, will look bad on their CV. 

If a new Manager takes over October / November gives them a bit more breathing space to make early mistakes but still dig us out of this mess. 

3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

As its so nasty why don't  the Mods  limit this thread to Paid members?

Oh wait a minute neither of you are, so you would be out.

Surprising lack of support given your love for Hearts and Mr Levein?

Bye then.

Or perhaps the mods could limit this thread to members who know how to behave properly?

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

As are the subs, much discussion showing a distinct lack of planning. Gowser talked about how Sergio had planned for all possibilities and told the players how they would adapt to counteract it. We lose a player who was injured going into a game and it’s panic stations. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

The problem is, if our current form continues by January we could genuinely be in a relegation battle and the job becomes a “fire fighting” one. This could potentially put off some candidates as nobody wants to take over a decent sized club and get relegated, will look bad on their CV. 

If a new Manager takes over October / November gives them a bit more breathing space to make early mistakes but still dig us out of this mess. 

Definitely, the sooner the better tbh.

Just now, Spoleto said:

Or perhaps the mods could limit this thread to members who know how to behave properly?

:rofl:Hypocrisy Rules OK

21 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I have an idea.

Thank me later

VM

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a113bc6aaab2e304119

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Twelve managers have a better record than him. Did you write that piece yourself? You probably think he’s one our best managers top hahahaha.United are our 6th biggest club, establishing them in the top 6, then left for more money as he would do in a heartbeat this very day. He’s a joke, you’re a joke 👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿.

Other than the abuse I'm really not sure what point you are trying to make.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't know. 

Budge should've put the pressure on him to do the honourable thing and fall on his sword after the cup final, Tosh.

You have to have a level of sympathy for her though, he talks a good game. His signing targets looked good, and his plan looks good on paper.

She's done what she thought was best at the time given the speil he gave her and backed him to the hilt both personally and financially.

In doing so she's backed herself into a bit of a corner.

January would be my time to pull the trigger too, as long as there is a suitable replacement in place.

No going back upstairs though.

I enjoyed the thread on the other side of Gorgie Road. Might even sign up, if they'll have me. 

23 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I have an idea.

Thank me later

VM

Cheers Vlad, 

I think we both know that this will fall on deaf ears.

Some people just seem to want to be angry all the time.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'm not sure that he "reports" to anyone on the footballing side to be honest. It's nothing more than a box-ticking exercise if he does. Regarding Dundee Utd, they have had a dearth of good managera in their history but Jim McLean, having won the LC and League, reaching a European final and beating Barca home and away shouldn't be compared to any one of them. Levein steadied them and had them higher than they had been but he trails behind Ivan Golac who delivered that elusive Scottish Cup.

You’ll be telling me that Alex Macdonald trails behind Valdus Ivanauskas next. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

It wasn't point scoring. 

Happy- no

I'll go on the kpi's, not selective dates. 

6th place 

Lc sf

Sc final. 

Possible sacking material. No where near 100% tho. 

This season 

6 points from 24.

No home league wins 

Lc sf

Sacking - leaning towards yes due to current form and fans apathy. 

However, it has to be for the better and planned. Covered it several times why right now isn't great, but we may have to take a gamble. 

No

No, I wouldn't listen to a thing the press says, not only on football for that matter. 

It's not just the press mate.

It's people in the game other supports and the most important .

The vast majority of Hearts supporters.

That you ignore last seasons form from this seasons is up to you.

But none of last seasons problems have been addressed in terms of personnel and tactics.

It's actually getting worse.

Teams regularly open us up with cross field passes

He never plays to our strengths.

He is so predictable .

It is boring flat and the dressing room is lost.

Now is exactly the time to get someone in who has a clue.

Levein hasn't got one the last calendar year shows this.

Just now, Spoleto said:

Cheers Vlad, 

Aw best pals on an internet forum.

Isn't that childishly sweet.

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Budge should've put the pressure on him to do the honourable thing and fall on his sword after the cup final, Tosh.

You have to have a level of sympathy for her though, he talks a good game. His signing targets looked good, and his plan looks good on paper.

She's done what she thought was best at the time given the speil he gave her and backed him to the hilt both personally and financially.

In doing so she's backed herself into a bit of a corner.

January would be my time to pull the trigger too, as long as there is a suitable replacement in place.

No going back upstairs though.

So you pretty much agree with most of what I've been saying then. Other than that I'd keep CL on as DoF.

But supposedly I'M a troll?

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Cheers Vlad, 

Am I dreaming or didn’t you and vlad this exact exchange yesterday lol

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Am I dreaming or didn’t you and vlad this exact exchange yesterday lol

:naughty:

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic