• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

So you pretty much agree with most of what I've been saying then. Other than that I'd keep CL on as DoF.

But supposedly I'M a troll?

Quite often the gist of a message will be lost due to its method of delivery.

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Quite often the gist of a message will be lost due to its method of delivery.

Or by the manner in which it is received.

Anyway so you agree that CL should remain as manager for the time being until a better replacement can be found. 

Excellent. Let's hope that AB and CL pull a rabbit out of the hat.

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Am I dreaming or didn’t you and vlad this exact exchange yesterday lol

Looks like the boys have been rumbled.

:jj:

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Aw best pals on an internet forum.

Isn't that childishly sweet.

Swimming against the tide of all us pant wetters 🏊🏿‍♂️🏊🏼‍♀️👬

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Or by the manner in which it is received.

Anyway so you agree that CL should remain as manager for the time being until a better replacement can be found. 

Excellent. Let's hope that AB and CL pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Your posting style is wilfully brash and provocative, so don't pretend to be surprised by the reaction it garners.

I wouldn't shed any tears if Levein got the firing squad tomorrow, but that's not the way that this administration works, is it.

January is likely the soonest compromise that they will deem sensible, all things considered, and due to my inexperience of running a top-flight football club, I'd be inclined to err on the side of caution too.

55 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Twelve managers have a better record than him. Did you write that piece yourself? You probably think he’s one our best managers top hahahaha.United are our 6th biggest club, establishing them in the top 6, then left for more money as he would do in a heartbeat this very day. He’s a joke, you’re a joke 👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿👋🏿.

I don't think Dundee United qualified for Europe under Levein.  He got no better than 5th in the league and of course has never won a cup.

I watched a bit of the BBC Alba programme on the great Dundee United side last night.  Now that was a manager.

40 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

They’re one and the same 

42 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Two become one. 😉

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Coco said:

I don't think Dundee United qualified for Europe under Levein.  He got no better than 5th in the league and of course has never won a cup.

I watched a bit of the BBC Alba programme on the great Dundee United side last night.  Now that was a manager.

Head and shoulders above the rest, a bit like Fergie at Aberdeen. Both were wanted and  interested in coming to Hearts at one point  but it didn't pan out unfortunately.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

They’re one and the same 

They are as well aren’t they, signed up within a couple of months of each other in 2009.  A handful of posts each. :rofl:Then suddenly rock up with a vociferous defence of the indefensible.. 

Edited by kingantti1874

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Your posting style is wilfully brash and provocative, so don't pretend to be surprised by the reaction it garners.

I wouldn't shed any tears if Levein got the firing squad tomorrow, but that's not the way that this administration works, is it.

January is likely the soonest compromise that they will deem sensible, all things considered, and due to my inexperience of running a top-flight football club, I'd be inclined to err on the side of caution too.

Firing squad sounds good, never known you to be cautious?

10 minutes ago, Coco said:

I think they qualified for Europe in his final season.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't know. 

I'd be inclined to go with January. 

But maybe it's time to gamble. 

If it's going to happen then now is the best time.

Gives the board time to sift through the applications.  Once a new man is in place he will have time to assess the squad before deciding what action he needs to take in the transfer window.

Leaving it until January leaves the new manager no time to get his own players in imo.

29 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Looks like the boys have been rumbled.

:jj:

Roughly the same number of total posts.

Think Vlad is the dominant persona.

Well and truly nailed this time.

Well done lads .!

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

They are as well aren’t they, signed up within a couple of months of each other in 2009.  A handful of posts each. :rofl:Then suddenly rock up with a vociferous defence of the indefensible.. 

Guaranteed to be, too many similarities there.

• Moderators

Speaking of firing squads, can we please stick to discussing the topic and not what other members are or aren’t. 

you have been warned ( again ). :sterb032:

Just now, JKBMod 3 said:

Speaking of firing squads, can we please stick to discussing the topic and not what other members are or aren’t. 

Are you allowed multiple usernames?

asking for a friend.

• Moderators
Just now, 1874robbo said:

Are you allowed multiple usernames?

asking for a friend.

No. If you suspect this then report it. 

59 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You’ll be telling me that Alex Macdonald trails behind Valdus Ivanauskas next. 

No, not all Dave. To be fair, Golac delivered the Scottish Cup and beat a Rangers team that was challenging at the highest level in Europe, in Glasgow. No mean feat. Valdas only took over at the SF stage that year so doesn't really bear comparison. Alex MacDonald was only a few mins from delivering a League title and had us in the last 8 of a major European tournament.

Levein's efforts as a manager, anywhere he has been, pale into insignificance by comparison. I don't deny he did a solid job at Utd, as did Jackie McNamara a few years later. There is a world of a difference between making a team solid and hard to beat and being able to deliver a trophy by beating one of the Glasgow behemoths on their own patch. That"s why Levein will always be a very limited manager.

10 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

By winning a Cup under Peter Houston.  Levein had left before the start of the cup campaign iirc

28 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So let's say by January Hearts have climbed the league, does he stay till the end of the season until a manager is appointed? 

The reality is that you're unlikely to bring in any decent manager in mid-season so if Levein was punted a caretaker manager would have to be appointed. Is that not a worse scenario than keeping Levein until the end of the season?

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

He left in December 2009, they finished 3rd under Houston which was a higher placing than they were when he left. So they didn’t qualify for Europe under his management.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, JKBMod 3 said:

Apologies ✋🏽👍🏽

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No, not all Dave. To be fair, Golac delivered the Scottish Cup and beat a Rangers team that was challenging at the highest level in Europe, in Glasgow. No mean feat. Valdas only took over at the SF stage that year so doesn't really bear comparison. Alex MacDonald was only a few mins from delivering a League title and had us in the last 8 of a major European tournament.

Levein's efforts as a manager, anywhere he has been, pale into insignificance by comparison. I don't deny he did a solid job at Utd, as did Jackie McNamara a few years later. There is a world of a difference between making a team solid and hard to beat and being able to deliver a trophy by beating one of the Glasgow behemoths on their own patch. That"s why Levein will always be a very limited manager.

I think Craig had a decent record in management apart from Leicester, Scotland and now us. I wasn’t a great fan of his the first time round but he did get us into the Euro group stages with some great performances and results. We haven’t got that far in Europe since. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Indeed.

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

By winning a Cup under Peter Houston.  Levein had left before the start of the cup campaign iirc

Think you may be right, not sure exactly when CL left that year. 

Houston might have won it but it was Leveins team.

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Think you may be right, not sure exactly when CL left that year. 

Houston might have won it but it was Leveins team.

Some argue Levein inherited that team. 

Anyway Spoleto my criticism of you and others is it does seem you all care more about Levein than Hearts.

Edited by jake

Governor Tarkin
35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Firing squad sounds good, never known you to be cautious?

Fatherhood has blunted my ruthless edge. :(

29 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If it's going to happen then now is the best time.

Gives the board time to sift through the applications.  Once a new man is in place he will have time to assess the squad before deciding what action he needs to take in the transfer window.

Leaving it until January leaves the new manager no time to get his own players in imo.

Good points also. :sadrobbo:

20 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

So let's say by January Hearts have climbed the league, does he stay till the end of the season until a manager is appointed? 

The reality is that you're unlikely to bring in any decent manager in mid-season so if Levein was punted a caretaker manager would have to be appointed. Is that not a worse scenario than keeping Levein until the end of the season?

Barring impending relegation we all know that he's staying 'till the end of the season anyway, so your first point is moot. 

The reality is that if Levein's current run of form continues until January, any caretaker (assuming it was a caretaker) manager brought in could not possibly be any worse.  

6 minutes ago, jake said:

Some argue Levein inherited that team. 

Anyway Spoleto my criticism of you and others is it does seem you all care more about Levein than Hearts.

Who argues it? I would have to look back at squads from Brewsters day but I'm pretty sure that CL built that team and also won many plaudits from redeveloping the youth set up. 

Certainly the team that won the Cup was CL's team.

Of course I don't care more about CL than Hearts which is exactly why I'm defending CL. My criticism of others is that they want rid of CL so badly it seems they'd be happy for any Tom, Dick or Harry to replace him no matter the consequences. The anti CL rhetoric and to a lesser extent the attacks on Ann Budge appear to be total paranoia.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Barring impending relegation we all know that he's staying 'till the end of the season anyway, so your first point is moot. 

The reality is that if Levein's current run of form continues until January, any caretaker (assuming it was a caretaker) manager brought in could not possibly be any worse.  

Stick your head in next Sunday 👍🏽

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Fair point. 

So given all that should we not be getting off CL's back AND the teams back and getting behind them both. This talk of boycotts and protests is, in my opinion, nothing but self harming.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Stick your head in next Sunday 👍🏽

I'm 200 kilometers off the coast of Guyana for another few weeks :(

Edited by Governor Tarkin

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Who argues it? I would have to look back at squads from Brewsters day but I'm pretty sure that CL built that team and also won many plaudits from redeveloping the youth set up. 

Of course I don't care more about CL than Hearts which is exactly why I'm defending CL. My criticism of others is that they want rid of CL so badly it seems they'd be happy for any Tom, Dick or Harry to replace him no matter the consequences. The anti CL rhetoric and to a lesser extent the attacks on Ann Budge appear to be total paranoia.

Total paranoia?

Do you need reminded of the results over the last year again ?

You know results are what every manager is judged on I hope.

And what a stupid argument.

We will not employ tom dick or Harry.

You are basically saying you accept shite because we might get shite if we dont.

Paranoia ffs .

30 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Craig Levein..........a football manager you say??

:kirklol:

Better track record than you in that career I imagine. :levein2:

4 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Stop going to Tynecastle, and flush out the poison!!!

Nah, no thanks. I think you’ll find that the majority will still be there to support their team next week.  

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

The problem is, if our current form continues by January we could genuinely be in a relegation battle and the job becomes a “fire fighting” one. This could potentially put off some candidates as nobody wants to take over a decent sized club and get relegated, will look bad on their CV. 

If a new Manager takes over October / November gives them a bit more breathing space to make early mistakes but still dig us out of this mess. 

Fair, but also new man Comes in, results don't pick up as Injuries are still a concern and the fans turn after 3 months. 

Current players are that are happy(ish) then turn and everyone wants to leave. 

24 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Tom, Dick or Harry couldn’t do a worse job than what we have.

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

So given all that should we not be getting off CL's back AND the teams back and getting behind them both. This talk of boycotts and protests is, in my opinion, nothing but self harming.

:D

Good arguments can be made both ways, but in the final analysis logic or straight thinking has little to do with how folk will instinctively react.

We're a passionate bunch.

In the entire history of football supporters, everywhere, in every country, since the beginning of time, this has always been the case.

17 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Stop going to Tynecastle, and flush out the poison!!!

This sort of thing is not helpful. 

WALKING AWAY IS THE JAMBO WAY !

You want to hear that from opposition fans for the rest of the season ?

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair, but also new man Comes in, results don't pick up as Injuries are still a concern and the fans turn after 3 months. 

Current players are that are happy(ish) then turn and everyone wants to leave. 

Let's just stay shite in case we get shite.

Logical stuff

50 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think Craig had a decent record in management apart from Leicester, Scotland and now us. I wasn’t a great fan of his the first time round but he did get us into the Euro group stages with some great performances and results. We haven’t got that far in Europe since. 

That leaves Cowdenbeath!!

Just now, jr ewing said:

That leaves Cowdenbeath!!

And Dundee Utd and Hearts(first) which explains why he got the chance to fail at Leicester  Scotland. 😎

17 minutes ago, jake said:

Total paranoia?

Do you need reminded of the results over the last year again ?

You know results are what every manager is judged on I hope.

And what a stupid argument.

We will not employ tom dick or Harry.

You are basically saying you accept shite because we might get shite if we dont.

Paranoia ffs .

Yes Jake results. 

Like getting to last years LC Semi, and SC Final, reaching this years LC Semi and finishing top 6 last season. I don't recall any prizes being handed out for October to October.

Stupid argument? Do you think we'll be able to attract a top class manager now or mid season?

Please don't tell me what I'm saying. I am saying that there are mitigating factors affecting our form and league position. I HOPE that things will get better, I certainly don't want to make them worse.

Just now, luckydug said:

This sort of thing is not helpful. 

WALKING AWAY IS THE JAMBO WAY !

You want to hear that from opposition fans for the rest of the season ?

Oh no how will we cope?

Let's accept shite in case other supporters slag us off.

They already are mate.

Most look on in disbelief and are enjoying the thought of playing us.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic