Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

All roads lead to Gorgie

We sacked Gary Locke a huge Hearts fan and showed no sentiment there and he had a team playing with much more vigor and effort. Why Levein is still being trusted like this is strange situation with crowds getting fed up with the terrible win record and the style of football being produced. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Budges loyalty to Levein is unwavering from what we have seen so far. Levein will be in charge for the rest of this season unless he decides to step down himself. 

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

We sacked Gary Locke a huge Hearts fan and showed no sentiment there and he had a team playing with much more vigor and effort. Why Levein is still being trusted like this is strange situation with crowds getting fed up with the terrible win record and the style of football being produced. 

Exactly. And Locke is actually a Hearts fan, not a Raith fan masquerading as one.

No other manager would have survived this run.

Baffling.

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

And Craig stood and smirked and said.....do you think Locke was going to produce a coaching manual? 

Haha guffaw guffaw. 

For a Hearts manager to admit in a post match press conference that his team were outplayed by Ross County at home is sackable. The man is a loser and needs to go. 

Edited by Class of 75

Leveins Battalion

Losing the fans is the 1st stage,been pretty clear for a while weve had enough,losing the dressing room is the last stage,abundantly clear yesterday from performance and body language that something is not right.

But injuries.

But we got to the SC Final.

But we started well last season. 

But we improved our point total last season.

Half this board still support Levein, excuses will be trotted out. 

The fact he was a good player for us 30 years ago is irrelevant, it has absolutely no bearing on Hearts as a club today. Imagine if Henrik Larrson, by far one of the best players to play in Scotland, took charge of Celtic and was dishing up pish results after pish result. Would his playing days buy him more time? Not a chance, he'd be punted because the only thing that matters is how the club performs now. And right now we are a sinking ship with no rescue boat in sight. 

8 hours ago, sadj said:

You do realise EVERY team work on set pieces , no team just goes aye we will lob it in the box and hope? Shelley Kerr was going to MacPhee for help with set pieces etc for the Women's World Cup. I think if you find her interview about it you will hear how highly he is rated for that kind of thing.

Counter attacking defending is fair enough as we’ve been caught too much with that recently but thats a separate issue. 

Yeah of course. My point is that the complex nature of our set pieces doesn't seem to pay off much more than teams who keep things more simple in their approach.

15 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Sentiment gets you nowhere in football. 

There is far too much sentiment in the boardroom at Tynecastle. 

That’s the feeling. When it comes to the nitty gritty, we are a football club and that’s all that matters. Not the cosy, over-tolerant environment that’s been engineered. 

Its coming to a head slowly. Thousands of Hearts fans who have followed the club for years, decades etc...who until now have bitten their tongue over the last while, are now showing their teeth.

There’s a section of fans though in a bubble who think showing displeasure, protesting, or not going to matches is a thing of the past, it’s not fitting of today’s modern game.

It doesn’t matter if it’s the 70s, 80s or the latter part of the Pieman’s era. Dedicated fans want a team to identify with on the park because that is their passion, their lifetime concern and they’ll do whatever it takes to get change.  I don’t know many fans enjoying things just now.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The thing about this is, some of us have been banging the drum for him to go for FECKING AGES. It’s been clear for the best part of two years.

LOL @ boys like Jammy T and Olly Lee’s left foot whose knowledge of football is right up there with my missus’.

He needs to go completely and the new guy decides if the coaches are good enough. Need someone who is with the team all week.

All roads lead to Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

And Craig stood and smirked and said.....do you think Locke was going to produce a coaching manual? 

Haha guffaw guffaw. 

The charade of sifting through the list of applicants after Cathro's departure and finding the best man was already here was a farce looking back.

Im now voting with my wallet...in a perverse way shelling out 49 quid yesterday having made a thoughtful decision not to again buy season tickets due to Levein and Levein alone, vindicated my decision...first home league game of new season and the lack of verve...anticipation and atmosphere was drastic...the dross served up on the park simply matched that... thankfully I have plenty other ways to use my time and energy even though I would prefer to watch my team, FoH have to have a greater say now as its one of the few ways we can evidence to the club the level of discontent....

TweedbankJambo
16 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

For a Hearts manager to admit in a post match press conference that his team were outplayed by Ross County at home is sackable. The man is a loser and needs to go. 

This.. 

1 minute ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Surely a spelling mistake? 

Big deal. It's the sentiment that matters.

19 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Exactly. And Locke is actually a Hearts fan, not a Raith fan masquerading as one.

No other manager would have survived this run.

Baffling.

Hardly baffling. He has a say on wether he gets sacked or not. He'll get until Christmas at least

13 hours ago, TheStig said:

Celtic away soon, oh lord thats going to be embarrassing. 

Hope we lose 8-0. That is what is needed to get rid of CL.

I don't think Budge realises what is about to come her way in terms of a fan backlash. In fact I'm certain that she doesn't. 

6 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The charade of sifting through the list of applicants after Cathro's departure and finding the best man was already here was a farce looking back.

An engineered charade unfortunately.I never fell for it.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, David Sharp said:

Speak for yourself ya clown. 

I hope we win and it's the miracle turnaround Levein needs. 

I don't see it but I'll always hope for the best. 

Shooter McGavin

Already fed up and the seasons 2 games deep...

If you offered me a 6th place finish in the league right now I’d bite your hand off.

Celtic have scored 12 goals so far, they can easily take 8/9/10 off us.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Forever Hearts
Just now, Section Q said:

Does anyone still actually support Levein as manager....?

Olly's Left Brain Cell. 

Just now, Section Q said:

Still 50% of the eedjits on here do.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

About 3 proper Hearts men on here.

Levein and/or the coaches have lost the dressing room because that was the most embarrassing performance since the last embarrassing performance. Good players would play better with no coaching or management.

We shouldn't wait to see if it's manager or coaches. Get rid of them all.

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Speak for yourself ya clown. 

I hope we win and it's the miracle turnaround Levein needs. 

I don't see it but I'll always hope for the best. 

OSTRICH.

8 minutes ago, David Sharp said:

Id never hope for Hearts to lose, never mind by 8. But i do think we'll take a serious beaten from them, again.

PaulHartley10

We'll sign a couple of players next week and beat Motherwell and he'll get another crack at it. Then he'll go on a poor run again until we beat Celtic or Hibs and he'll get another run at it. It's a vicious cycle.

I like the guy but he's lost his edge. I can't imagine him going mental in the dressing room anymore.

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, David Sharp said:

Some hearts supporter you ! Outrageous wanting us to lose 

Just now, TheStig said:

Id never hope for Hearts to lose, never mind by 8. But i do think we'll take a serious beaten from them, again.

It would be worth it to get rid of him.

Howdy Doody Jambo
12 minutes ago, David Sharp said:

Big deal. It's the sentiment that matters.

Suppose it is rather difficult for some on here to spell Levein it's got to be up there with Jim Bett or Ian Black for them 

13 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Possibly Boab. But he is correct in what he says. He confirmed in the fringe show that he doesn't like Levein because he is "not a nice person ". A lot of Hearts fans can empathise with those comments 

And this is why I have a problem with Stewart. This has nothing to do with what managerial skills, or lack of them, that Levein has. It’s personal, so his opinions are guided by a skewed, ginger, paranoia !

I, like many others, paid money to watch both of them in a Hearts jersey and only one played like a Hearts player. Old patter, aye, but how else to gauge anyone.

Levein was a fabulous player, Stewart, a disruptive influence on an already shaky team.

I was glad when he ****ed off. 

When Levein goes, hopefully soon, it will be with great wishes for a great servant to the club.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, David Sharp said:

OSTRICH.

You can check my posts I’ve been well in the levein out camp since February.

But I’m not going to sit here hoping hearts lose 8-0. I’ll hope for the best, hope it turns around for Levein and Hearts end up having a great season. At this point that looks unlikely, if not impossible. It will take a miracle really to turn it round, a win at parkhead is the sort of result it’ll take. A miracle. 

I left early,, half time, said to someone in the pub later, season ticket was a waste of money. Their reply was "its money to Hearts". Fair play the sentiment, it's time Hearts, started to give us a bit of value for our ponied up money.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Boab said:

And this is why I have a problem with Stewart. This has nothing to do with what managerial skills, or lack of them, that Levein has. It’s personal, so his opinions are guided by a skewed, ginger, paranoia !

I, like many others, paid money to watch both of them in a Hearts jersey and only one played like a Hearts player. Old patter, aye, but how else to gauge anyone.

Levein was a fabulous player, Stewart, a disruptive influence on an already shaky team.

When Levein goes, hopefully soon, it will be with great wishes for a great servant to the club.

Put the personal stuff to the side though and Stewart is spot on with what he's saying. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
Just now, Boab said:

100% spot on Michael Stewart has no class just a protester who probably argues with himself on what colour of underpants which to put on in the morning 

Thehoneythief
12 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Unfortunately Mrs Budge still does...

16 minutes ago, David Sharp said:

No Hearts fan ever hopes our team will lose.

John mcCartney

hes recognised as incompetent on here and unorganised by the owner,

hes desperately hanging on now and i live for the day when the axe falls on him.

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Put the personal stuff to the side though and Stewart is spot on with what he's saying. 

You can’t, is what i’m saying, mate.

Yes, many will agree with his comments on team shape etc but he’s admitted it’s personal. It taints everything else.

He will get no thumbs up from me. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic