Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

4 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

This is the type of post that saddens me. I should add that I can’t say for certain that I haven’t posted similar things in the heat of the moment myself. But I do hate to see club legends being turned on by the fans. It’s sad.

Levein needs to leave the dugout, I just wish he’d done so after the cup final when he would have left with the best wishes of the fans.

And if Levein goes his staff need to go too. Seems pointless otherwise, as Levein isn’t the one dealing with the players on the training ground every day.

This is where I'm at as well. Don't wanna see him turned on just wanna see him step aside and still have a role at the club. Maybe not DOF but a job elsewhere. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

27 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

what is 'Dr Budge' about please

Dr is her title. She has a PhD.

BarneyBattles44
9 minutes ago, dustybin said:

If we get knocked out by Motherwell Levein will be sacked, so I've been told anyway. 

CL manager stats are garbage . his talents lay elsewhere in his past. Up until today I was willing to support him regardless . The Fans in an around the stadium before game probably felt same as me . looking forward to the game support the club. F. K me didn't last long. By the final whistle Fans knew. F. Ck off Levien.

Car boot - Trees - Pick shaft handle - sack .

9 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Hope so, hope so. Please be true.

Got my fingers and toes crossed. 

BRAVEHEART1874

As long as Daly is not the next head coach as there would be no point.

I would only want a manager that demands passing football and I think Daly would be the same  ei. long ball to uche, could be wrong though but doubt it ;) 

Walter Bishop
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I asked my 15 year old boy if he fancied going to the game today. He simply replied "no, it's boring these days".

3 kids in our family dont go anymore for same reason, fed up and bored, no strips or merchandise bought this year for first time in many years as none of the kids asked for anything, Normally they asking for the name and number they want on their strips before they are even out. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

As long as Daly is not the next head coach as there would be no point.

I would only want a manager that demands passing football and I think Daly would be the same  ei. long ball to uche, could be wrong though but doubt it ;) 

said it one hundred times, it’s the coaching.. levein has hung himself with reliance on daly and co to do the coaching.. they are basic, we are basic

The Internet

It's now at the point where I don't think we'd have been much worse off if we'd stuck with Cathro. 

Francis Albert
20 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

Posted the stat below elsewhere but it’s such an indictment on this woefully inadequate setup that it’s worth repeating. The 3rd biggest club in the country with a phenomenally loyal support, who have pumped millions into the club have seen 4 league wins in 2019. Today we got outplayed and out thought in our first home fixture of the season by a tiny football club with a fraction of our resources. As anyone not delusional knows today was a continuation of the abysmal form of the last 10 months and the hopeless recent league cup group stage. We are a dreadful football team on all reasonable evidence. 

For the record these are the total SPL wins by team in 2019, down there with the complete gash so if anyone thinks bottom 6 is not very much on the cards if the managerial setup remains the same they need to wake the **** up.....

SPL wins this calendar year: 

Celtic 16 

Rangers 12

Motherwell 9 

Aberdeen 9

Hibs 8 

Kilmarnock 7 

St Mirren 5 

Hamilton 5 

St Johnstone 5 

Hearts 4 

Livingston 3

Dundee 3 

Wow. Sobering stats.

I was happy to give him until December to see how we go in the league cup (semi final needed)  and be top 4 but lose Friday or not take 3 points from Hamilton at home a change is needed.

We have a far better team and squad now than for some time, thanks to him it should be said, but no way of getting the results from them. 

Leveins Battalion
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

said it one hundred times, it’s the coaching.. levein has hung himself with reliance on daly and co to do the coaching.. they are basic, we are basic

I watched the warm mp drills today,absoloutly honking.Slow basic passing,terrible touches just poor poor quality.

There are some people who believe that CL is bullet proof as far as Ann Budge is concerned, but I don't hold to that opinion.

In her recent statement she did allude to the fact that she has more or less allowed CL to get on with it as far as running the footballing side of things is concerned, while she concentrated on other aspects of the business.  However, she also stated that she will now be turning her attention to the football operation and that a review is underway.

Now, why would she decide to review the footballing operation unless she believes there is scope for improvement?  If she was totally happy with the way things are going she wouldn't feel the need to poke her nose into things.

One of the specific points she made was about whether or not the club was getting value for money from the investment in the footballing operation.  It is clearly not going to be lost on a highly successful business woman that a club with our level of investment should be doing better than finishing 6th place, despite what she might utter in public.

She'll also be well aware of fans sentiments as....

1.  She attends home games

2.  She'll have PR people monitoring social and other media to feed back to her

...so she will be in doubt that the supporters are less than happy with the footballing performance and that the sentiment is not improving, but instead getting worse.

She must be aware of the risk of allowing the current situation to continue to fester, as that will ultimately lead to lower attendances, hence reduced revenue and a reduction in footballing budget, and so the club starts to regress.

I'm not expecting that CL will be sacked in the morning, I'd personally prefer a more structured approach to the changing of the guard.  I still feel that CL can perform a role at the club, but one that no longer involves managing the first team or having any undue influence over whoever does so.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Wow. Sobering stats.

County should have won comfortably today too. Won’t be long before they’ve won more premiership games in 2019 that us, and they weren’t even in the league for most of the year.

Anyone with half a clue has known it’s been heading this way for a long time. Yet we’ve had a handful of halfwits prepared to defend him at every corner on here and dismiss criticism out of hand as pant wetting.

Sad to see us wasting a great opportunity to progress the team with things looking so sound off the pitch :(

4 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Cheers. So are people saying Dr Budge, as a bit of piss-take?

I reckon they must be.

I think it's just a detail people remember and mention even when it's not really relevant. Like Sir Alex Ferguson, or General Eisenhower.

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

This where I'm at.  CL has more than proved himself previously at Hearts as manager, arguably in a much tougher environment than now. The coaching staff have to be accountable for the dire stuff that's been served up for the last 8-9 months but maybe it boils down to CL being too loyal to these guys. I feel sorry for CL, I want him to see out the final year of is contract and leave with his held high but even he has to admit - he/the coaching staff are not delivering. 

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Think your right these guys are not up to it basically we need a clear out which I don’t think will happen 

14 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

CL manager stats are garbage . his talents lay elsewhere in his past. Up until today I was willing to support him regardless . The Fans in an around the stadium before game probably felt same as me . looking forward to the game support the club. F. K me didn't last long. By the final whistle Fans knew. F. Ck off Levien.

BB, please don't take this the wrong way, but some of what you post is just surreal!  Please don't stop though, it's highly entertaining!

:2thumbsup:

Who_put_the_ball_in...
3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

This where I'm at.  CL has more than proved himself previously at Hearts as manager, arguably in a much tougher environment than now. The coaching staff have to be accountable for the dire stuff that's been served up for the last 8-9 months but maybe it boils down to CL being too loyal to these guys. I feel sorry for CL, I want him to see out the final year of is contract and leave with his held high but even he has to admit - he/the coaching staff are not delivering. 

The first time he managed hearts was 15 years ago. He’s a dinosaur, put him in the same bracket as McLeish, Strachan etc time for him to go. He can’t get another season based on performances almost 2 decades ago. 

A_A wehatethehibs

There comes a time when you need a strong chairman to know when the bullet is required.

Levein right now if there were a strong chairman, he would be given to the end of August to turn things around or told in no uncertain terms he’d be expected to resign. The club should not be put through the burden of having to pay him off, that’s the fans money.

It is time for a fresh start at Hearts entire football department from top to bottom. 

Just now, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

The first time he managed hearts was 15 years ago. He’s a dinosaur, put him in the same bracket as McLeish, Strachan etc time for him to go. He can’t get another season based on performances almost 2 decades ago. 

Budge should act before she will be, hounded.

11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's now at the point where I don't think we'd have been much worse off if we'd stuck with Cathro. 

If we'd employed Cathro in a coaching role, as opposed to manager / head coach then we very likely would be much better off. 

Leveins Battalion
Just now, RobNox said:

If we'd employed Cathro in a coaching role, as opposed to manager / head coach then we very likely would be much better off. 

Leveins appointment of Cathro set us back years to the point that were still struggling to get over it,Levein was brought into steady the ship then and fix his own mess,now is the time to leave the club.

I’m hoping that there has been no announcements as they want an interim

replacement known like Lennon at Celtic. Will prob get shot down in flames but would try McCann. Did try to play football at Dundee but didn’t have the players. Least until End of season where we can have a proper review

14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Wow. Sobering stats.

Even more so if you allow for the fact that Dundee, who were woeful, have gone and replaced by Ross County, who look a decent side.  I certainly don't expect them to be in a relegation dog fight this season.

annushorribilis III
5 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

I didn't  say he should. 

26 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

F. Ck off Levien.

:wow:

Its all downhill till CL is removed completely not upstairs to a cushy number still pulling the strings gone the project has not worked its time for a new Direction.

The Internet

We're almost definitely losing our next two games so that's not going to change anything. He might go if we lose to accies. 

1 minute ago, tntjambo said:

Its all downhill till CL is removed completely not upstairs to a cushy number still pulling the strings gone the project has not worked its time for a new Direction.

Sorry?

6 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Budge should act before she will be, hounded.

Agree,

tactics, team set up, style of play are no where near good enough.

we see the same players against Hearts at least 4 times a season and i bet every Hearts fan looks at certain other players and think he could do a job in a Hearts strip but Halkett is the only one recently from another top league team. 

Even Levein’s post game bit on BBC sounded like a Hartley when he was nearing the end at Dundee

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Leveins appointment of Cathro set us back years to the point that were still struggling to get over it,Levein was brought into steady the ship then and fix his own mess,now is the time to leave the club.

I agree, appointing Cathro as head coach completely reversed the progress we had made in the first 2.5 years under Budge / Levein / Neilson, it set us back big style.

My point was that if we had brought Cathro in to work on the coaching side, as opposed to take the head coach / manager role, we would probably be in a much better place.  His reputation as a coach is impressive, it just became obvious quite quickly that he didn't have the skill set to be a manager.

We will probably scrape a win over Motherwell next week,all is rosey in the budge garden again.

But for all the ones complaining,hope you all contribute to FOH,surely  thats the permanent solution to a **** like levein.

2 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

He wouldn't accept a position where he couldn't control the head coach imo. His well documented HT visits to the dressing roon , notes being passed  etc would not be accepted by the type of coach we need. Best for all concerned if he and his band of coaches are removed from the club.

6 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

If it's not working get it fixed,CL is not the answer, hasn't been for the last 18 months.All the players seem to go backwards,when joining us.Manager and coaching staff should be changed.

2 minutes ago, Tott said:

We will probably scrape a win over Motherwell next week,all is rosey in the budge garden again.

But for all the ones complaining,hope you all contribute to FOH,surely  thats the permanent solution to a **** like levein.

That's quite hopeful - despite the final score they passed the ball beautifully all over the park and had Celtic on the back foot more than I have see from most teams.

It saddens me to say it but Levein is now no longer the problem - the problem is Ann Budge who continues to turn a blind eye and is keeping him in a job!!!

BarneyBattles44
18 minutes ago, RobNox said:

BB, please don't take this the wrong way, but some of what you post is just surreal!  Please don't stop though, it's highly entertaining!Iforgive

:2thumbsup:

Forgive me its CL's fault.

5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Not that it really matters but is her doctorate not honourary?

regardless, it’s her business mind we need now. She needs to find a new head of football. 

You could well be right, I don't know.

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Not that it really matters but is her doctorate not honourary?

regardless, it’s her business mind we need now. She needs to find a new head of football. 

Strangely no If she has a PhD then she is  or can call herself Dr, but your common of garden general practitioner has the term Dr bestowed upon them ! 

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Some people saying on Twitter that hes leaving the club tomorrow.🙏

Hopefully he alluded to that in his post match comments when he said things will get better. 

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He wouldn't accept a position where he couldn't control the head coach imo. His well documented HT visits to the dressing roon , notes being passed  etc would not be accepted by the type of coach we need. Best for all concerned if he and his band of coaches are removed from the club.

I Have nothing personal against the guy he was a fantastic player for us but this clearly is just not working fans are not happy and there is no sun on the Horizon with CL At the helm we need a fresh start that would rally the fans.

BarneyBattles44
21 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There comes a time when you need a strong chairman to know when the bullet is required.

Levein right now if there were a strong chairman, he would be given to the end of August to turn things around or told in no uncertain terms he’d be expected to resign. The club should not be put through the burden of having to pay him off, that’s the fans money.

It is time for a fresh start at Hearts entire football department from top to bottom. 

Depends what bullet is used. I know someone uses one for pleasure. 

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

And who is accountable for the performance of the coaching staff if not the DoF and the manager/head coach? The tea lady?

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Every few thousand years, a human is born that has almost supernatural powers. 

The duality of animal and thought, is balanced. And that balance sits upon perception and ambition. 

🤪

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Every few thousand years, a human is born that has almost supernatural powers. 

The duality of animal and thought, is balanced. And that balance sits upon perception and ambition. 

So we just have to wait a few thousand years?

letsalldothebeattie

It’s starting to get beyond a joke with Levein. It’s time for him to do one and leave the club. We are struggling big time under his management. We don’t have a plan A let alone a plan B. Today showed for me that the players don’t seem to have a clue what they are to do when they step on that pitch come match time. 

Enoughs enough Levein

Next 2 games will be painfull i think he may just go once these to defeats are felt it will be painfull but once finally we get rid we can move forward.

Despite their public utterances,  bog standard at any club,  the players will breathe a sigh of relief when Levein is removed. And expect a sell out crowd too.

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And who is accountable for the performance of the coaching staff if not the DoF and the manager/head coach? The tea lady?

I was going to respond but I won't bother. I'm not interested in this  sarcastic crap. Cheers. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic