Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

I've been pilloried before by saying if it takes a hammering, the sooner we get one the better. Not even sure that would do the trick though.  We were losing 1-0 to Senhousemuir after around 80 minutes at Tynecastle.  That's 80 minutes where we couldn't muster a solitary goal.

That made no impact.  Weren't we taken to penalise by East Fife or Cowdenbeath?  Nothing to see here.

I don't know what it will take.  We were all hoping to see a reversal of fortunes in the new season.  We've actually seen the opposite and that takes some doing given that we've been largely garbage since October.

Still, we've got the chocolate biscuit Cup next week and the womens team tomorrow.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

I don't understand why anyone is surprised at our performance yesterday.

We are terrible and the sooner he goes the better. 

Any other manager at any other club would have been binned by now but somehow he's still here.

What does this guy have to do to get fired? How bad do we have to get before Ann Budge does something?

He's as bad as Cathro.

What on earth game me grounds for predicting a 5-1 win and actually meaning it?  Just a total dreamer.

This guy has me lose confidence in me, never mind the team he puts out on the park.

The RC contingent must have been scratching their heads on the way back to Dingwall, population 6,000, wondering how they didn't manage a comfortable victory.  Probably angrier than Levein.

3 hours ago, siegementality said:

LWWDLDLWLLLDLLLLD

Staggering that he’s still in charge.

Didnt realise he was Welsh😂.

Everyone wished him well when he was appointed and brought Robbie in.  Not signing Rudi though was a fundamental error and a huge disappointment.

That was only his first mistake though.

3 hours ago, tntjambo said:

next 5 in a weeks will take it to ged rid off the loser

**** waiting five weeks 

maroonedinoz

Sooner or later, should the clamour for his replacement increase, she will have to act.

she made it pretty clear in a recent interview that if there were overwhelming calls for her to stand down, she would, so appears logical that she would apply the same criteria to CL.

8 minutes ago, pointon said:

She only listens to her Craig

You could probably have grounds to say that she has left it late but by her own admission she has focussed her time on the off the field stuff and got the business model put right whilst giving Craig free reign of the football side 

that changed with her statement last week along with how scathing she was toward the scouting model. As she said last week she now turns her head to the football operation 

at this point this is where changes would be in the pipeline 

I don’t agree with everything she has done including her insistence to go through our own support weeding out the morons, whilst sitting back and letting animals pay to watch their team, every alternate week and sing their bile in the away end time and time again (we know the clubs in question) 

that said, folk that run 40 million plus turnover businesses will be ruthless when they have to be and if this continues as is, I wouldn’t be half surprised to see her wielding the axe very shortly or more diplomatically, statements being made with a whole new management structure being put in place 

one things for sure, unless there is immediate and consistent improvement this can’t go on the way it is 

Leveins Battalion

Dunno about Anne  but watching Hearts yesterday is not good for my health,blood boiling.🤬

Business management outstanding.

Football management sadly lacking.

No more complex than that.

I'd like to think she had a fair few wines and a good think last night.

Finlay James
6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Just like cathro he’s a laughing stock.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?340791-Levein-MUST-STAY&p=5860894#post5860894

says it all

It doesn't say anything.  

Hibs fans laughing at Hearts is like a homeless guy laughing at the state of your curtains.  We're shit right now and badly under performing but thankfully, we will never, ever drop to the depths of Hibs.  

I am actually concerned that the bad results continue and Budge won’t act until it’s too late we are staring 9th or 10th place in the face. 

shaun.lawson

Lose at Motherwell and I don't see how he survives.

Lose at Motherwell and get walloped at Celtic and I think he's gone. 

I think we’re stuck with him. He’ll drag Ann down with him. 

There’s no way back now as the negativity is far too deep rooted. 

Still apparently it’s all going to get much much better.  

GorgieFifeLife

Thought he may have had the dignity to resign lastnight but alas he cant even show the class to do that.  

ToadKiller Dog

My guess after the next two home league games and maybe the derby .

I just dont see any improvement, we looked stale and out if ideas yesterday early on .players dont seem to be positive minded .

You got the sense of the fag end of the current management teams run.

Fresh change and ideas are needed, will come to a head soon.

Once you lose the supports backing change is inevitable. 

8 hours ago, Jammy cokes said:

How she can watch thatpish every week is beyond me!!

I am not convinced she is that much of a football fan that she realises how bad it actually is.

23 minutes ago, Carthage Geoff Tramhater said:

He will probably get the first round of fixtures .

This is my thoughts. 

Unfortunately that'll be our season gone by the time he does. 

Sad times.

A_A wehatethehibs

New song for Tynecastle 

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head, I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

5 hours ago, Old Castle Rock said:

No

It's going to take a good 6 weeks for the team to gel and get up to competitive match fitness, with our squad still in the process of being built with maybe another few player's still to come in next week and a few to go out, more patience will be required for the time being 

We should have played more pre-season matches rather training, for the new players and team cohesion 

CL will surely give himself until January to see where we're going 

We've got a good squad of player's but something just isn't clicking into place right now and just need a bit luck in front of goals 

You have to question the coaching,tactics and training methods of all the staff also when things aren't going well 

Even if we lose our next 2 games CL will still be here 

Thats awfully generous of him. 

8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

New song for Tynecastle 

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head, I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

Well I find this kind a funny and I find it kind a sad 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Lose at Motherwell and I don't see how he survives.

Lose at Motherwell and get walloped at Celtic and I think he's gone. 

This but hope its not wishful thinking!!!

29 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Well I find this kind a funny and I find it kind a sad 

And the next single was Change!

heartandsoul
58 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Thought he may have had the dignity to resign lastnight but alas he cant even show the class to do that.  

This

Skippy Doodle

Thought I would wait a little bit before putting up a response to yesterday’s game and fallout after the match. I am fed up with everyone’s “feelings” on Craig Levein.

If I thought about this with my heart then I would not want to see CL leave due to how highly I rate him as an ex player and captain and also someone who contributed to our quick return to the premiership and continuing progression with youth development.

It’s time though to look at facts and one of the scariest is with regards to our home record which was a big plus for us during CL first spell as boss. After returning to Tynecastle in 2017 we lost 1 of first 20 league games conceding 10 goals. So a loss record of 5%. Since drawing 0-0 with hibs last year we have played 14 home games in league losing 50% of them and conceding 15 goals this is bottom 6 at best home form.

It’s time for feelings to be switched off with this debate and some fans need to just accept we are not getting the best out of a decent squad and it shows no signs of improving

sandylejambo

We all have thoughts as to when he should be gone, mine was the five he shipped at Livi, but he gets game after game with no sign of any improvement, if she can't or won't get rid of him, she really needs to look at herself, oh I love her and think she's the bee,s knee,s, but this has gone on for far to long and it's just not good enough.

Walter Bishop
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

I think we’re stuck with him. He’ll drag Ann down with him. 

There’s no way back now as the negativity is far too deep rooted. 

Still apparently it’s all going to get much much better.  

100%.

Ann will unfairly be remembered for this whole episode if she doesnt act.

There is no place for blind loyalty in football, she has shown herself to be a fantastic business woman and has brought the club back from the dead through shrewdness and ruthlessness. 

I hope her legacy is not tainted by showing faith in her friend. 

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

He was too busy phoning up old mates looking for a keeper as the 2 we have are beyond shite or chasing a 35 year old midfielder when the team has no legs or pace or creativity.

A_A wehatethehibs
46 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Thats awfully generous of him. 

Yes he’ll give himself till January and then in February when the January signings turn out to be flops he will give himself until May, then it’s time for a fresh start and then it’s fair to give him his pre season and the first round of fixtures. He’s promised we’ll be “much much better” soon what part of that can people not understand? 

I like Levein and want him to do well. But there has been no improvement for almost a year. I don’t know if I can watch much more of this style of football it’s boring and depressing

To be honest, there is more than enough evidence to justify making the decision now, I don't see the point in waiting X number of more games.

It will be a hard decision for those involved, but when both the results and performances are consistently poor over an extended period of time, it is the right one to make. Everyone who manages in football knows and accepts that it is a results based business.

The atmosphere in the crowd yesterday was not great and that needs corrected quickly or we are back to the bad old days. The main problem in punting CL upstairs is who would replace him. Is there one obvious candidate.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Prof said:

The atmosphere in the crowd yesterday was not great and that needs corrected quickly or we are back to the bad old days. The main problem in punting CL upstairs is who would replace him. Is there one obvious candidate.

The other problem is any manager worth his salt will not want to work under Craig Levein. It's been suggested by more than a few that he's not the most popular guy in football. 

The dilemma that Ann now has is sack him now or just the ball rolling with another football brain outside the club. 

Levein is literally in with the bricks. The entire strategy has to change and the disarray this will cause needs to outweigh leaving him in place. 

Its not just a new manager we need. We need to look at a DOF who’s primary focus in the running of the club and will leave manager to focus on the playing side.

It’ll cost the club millions in paying over 12-15 staff. 

Make no mistake the next 3 months are critical to the direction we take. Levein stays then we will finish bottom 6, sack him now and we rebuild part season. Maybe save us, give the fans a lift and rebuild what’s he made a mess off. The academy after 5 years in my opinion isn’t any stronger today than it was then. He’s failed at everything he’s touched at Hearts. 

Sentiment gets you nowhere in football. 

There is far too much sentiment in the boardroom at Tynecastle. 

5 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I don't understand why anyone is surprised at our performance yesterday.

We are terrible and the sooner he goes the better. 

Any other manager at any other club would have been binned by now but somehow he's still here.

What does this guy have to do to get fired? How bad do we have to get before Ann Budge does something?

He's as bad as Cathro.

About sums it up perfectly.

Fitzroy Pointon
21 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Michael Stewart was spot on, improvement is always just around the corner with Craig Levein. 

Sadly a lot of us bought into that after Cathro. Give him a transfer window. Give him a pre-season. Give him until Christmas. 

He should have got until last Christmas. The 5-0 Livi game would have been the nail in the coffin for any other manager. But yet here we are, still waiting for what's round the corner. But we all now know what is round the corner. More of the same. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I think the only immediate way out would be for Neilson to be brought back into the club and Levein moved back upstairs.

I don’t think he could resign as manager and then go back upstairs and say “I’m going to go out and recruit a new manager” - a new manager wouldn’t want the old manager still lingering around like a bad smell. So I’d see Neilson as Leveins only possibility of moving back upstairs, with the justification being that things were going quite well when Neilson left. 

I dont see any other way of changing the    guard with Levein still at Hearts. For me we have to sever all ties with him, get a new manager then look at getting a new DoF 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

If budge doesn't act now. When the support start calling for levein to go they will.also.turn on her for not acting when she should have 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic