• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

pettigrewsstylist
42 minutes ago, RobNox said:

There are some people who believe that CL is bullet proof as far as Ann Budge is concerned, but I don't hold to that opinion.

In her recent statement she did allude to the fact that she has more or less allowed CL to get on with it as far as running the footballing side of things is concerned, while she concentrated on other aspects of the business.  However, she also stated that she will now be turning her attention to the football operation and that a review is underway.

Now, why would she decide to review the footballing operation unless she believes there is scope for improvement?  If she was totally happy with the way things are going she wouldn't feel the need to poke her nose into things.

One of the specific points she made was about whether or not the club was getting value for money from the investment in the footballing operation.  It is clearly not going to be lost on a highly successful business woman that a club with our level of investment should be doing better than finishing 6th place, despite what she might utter in public.

She'll also be well aware of fans sentiments as....

1.  She attends home games

2.  She'll have PR people monitoring social and other media to feed back to her

...so she will be in doubt that the supporters are less than happy with the footballing performance and that the sentiment is not improving, but instead getting worse.

She must be aware of the risk of allowing the current situation to continue to fester, as that will ultimately lead to lower attendances, hence reduced revenue and a reduction in footballing budget, and so the club starts to regress.

I'm not expecting that CL will be sacked in the morning, I'd personally prefer a more structured approach to the changing of the guard.  I still feel that CL can perform a role at the club, but one that no longer involves managing the first team or having any undue influence over whoever does so.

Yet she quotes season ticket uptake figures in recent statement. Almost sounded like a line someone else hade given to her, during conversation!

Toxteth O'Grady
14 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Strangely no If she has a PhD then she is  or can call herself Dr, but your common of garden general practitioner has the term Dr bestowed upon them ! 

Her title is irrelevant, she can run a business but can’t run a football club 

BarneyBattles44
Just now, tntjambo said:

Next 2 games will be painfull i think he may just go once these to defeats are felt it will be painfull but once finally we get rid we can move forward.

Only reason he is only comments here is we got away with a point. There's no way I'd look to be beaten so CL gets took out for the day to rannock moor . I want Hearts to be winners . 

Levein should never have got the gig, dig nothing to deserve it. I'm sure jkb is not reflective of the Hearts support as the current poll has less than 50% wanting him gone even now 

pettigrewsstylist
22 minutes ago, ford donald said:

If it's not working get it fixed,CL is not the answer, hasn't been for the last 18 months.All the players seem to go backwards,when joining us.Manager and coaching staff should be changed.

Demi Mitchell!!

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Only reason he is only comments here is we got away with a point. There's no way I'd look to be beaten so CL gets took out for the day to rannock moor . I want Hearts to be winners . 

:wtfvlad:

Glamorgan Jambo

Pretty interesting that Ann's season preview Part 2 hasn't been released yet. Suspect changes are coming. Possibly around the international break. 

We are at Romanov levels ...

five or six of that team haven’t played one full league game in 2019. 3 of that team cramped up or couldn’t make it to the end, the left back was finished from 60 mins. 

So many players, playing well below an acceptable level. A home game / what for Ross County. 

Half of the pitch was ruined a week before the season started for a fringe act

A shambles. 

In the Wrong Hands

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

I was going to respond but I won't bother. I'm not interested in this  sarcastic crap. Cheers. 

It is not sarcastic. Let me put it another way The Director of Football and the manager/head coach are collectively responsible for the performance and quality of the coaching staff. The former has overall responsibility. 

If you can't be bothered to recognise and accept that then you have no useful contribution to make to discussion about the performance of our DoF and manager/ head coach. IMO. Cheers.

Edited by Francis Albert

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

What's it got to do with you. 

ps. Read your post.

Slowly.

BarneyBattles44

Doesn't matter who is in charge . 

Hearts fans have always been the biggest asset n always will be. 

BarneyBattles44
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

ps. Read your post.

Slowly.

Why are you actually quoting me. Read it as slow as you like . I won't .

29 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It saddens me to say it but Levein is now no longer the problem - the problem is Ann Budge who continues to turn a blind eye and is keeping him in a job!!!

Bang on the money!  She is the problem, shiney new stand, great corporate standing, public relations, charities.....etc.....Count for sweet FA....You sit in the new shiney stand to watch the product on the pitch......Which sadly, she has neglected over a number of years now. 

13 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Why are you actually quoting me. Read it as slow as you like . I won't .

Read the upper one. Slowly.

Please, do so.

:thumbsup:

Same old same old , zero pattern of play , to the point of embarrassing. 

CL is never turning this round no matter how many players he signs. 

Its a waiting game till he's removed I'm afraid. 

Time for a plane and protest now surely. Lads who did the Neilson one should start a gofundme. It is actually needed this time. 

Heart of Midlothian, we’re in the wrong hands. 

Poodle had to go CL is worse than Poodle no plane required this time everyone knows its over for CL.

BarneyBattles44
Just now, Morgan said:

Please, do so.

Read them slow fast . pretend to put accents on them. Still say the same thing. I would never want to see Hearts taking defeats so CL gets outed. Or the other slow or fast piece. Day out with CL to Rannoch Moor. But stole a draw. I want Hearts to be Winners. Clear enough to read at any speed.

39 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It saddens me to say it but Levein is now no longer the problem - the problem is Ann Budge who continues to turn a blind eye and is keeping him in a job!!!

I don't believe she is continuing to turn a blind eye.  She may have done to date, but my reading of her recent statement was that she is now turning her eye towards the footballing operation.  What's more, I wouldn't expect her to make that statement unless she intends to make changes.

BarneyBattles44
8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Please, do so.

Be more direct . speak your mind.

1 hour ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

The first time he managed hearts was 15 years ago. He’s a dinosaur, put him in the same bracket as McLeish, Strachan etc time for him to go. He can’t get another season based on performances almost 2 decades ago. 

Sadly this is exactly the case.

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

I don't believe she is continuing to turn a blind eye.  She may have done to date, but my reading of her recent statement was that she is now turning her eye towards the footballing operation.  What's more, I wouldn't expect her to make that statement unless she intends to make changes.

He should have been sacked immediately after the 5-0 pumping of ****ing Livi

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

She needs to act. Tynecastle is going to end up toxic in the near future. Our record here in the last year is a disgrace and surely the worst run (or thereabouts) in our history.

get him out

I just can't see Levein leaving the club whilst Budge is in charge, she relies on him too much.  As long as the money keeps rolling in nothing will change, if attendances dry up a bit I can see Levein move to DoF and then one of our army of coaches taking up the 'manager' role.  Levein will then take up his old position of sitting in the stand passing notes down to whoever is in the dugout.

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

He should have been sacked immediately after the 5-0 pumping of ****ing Livi

Problem for Ann is that he is more than just the manager, he is also DoF.  Now, he might not be doing so well in the manager's role, but maybe Ann thinks he is doing a great job in other aspects of his DoF role.  So would she want to get rid of him completely if she's not happy with him as manager?

For me, the ideal outcome is that we reach some arrangement whereby he steps down as manager but continues to do the other stuff that he might be very good at, without having any undue influence on whoever comes in as manager.

BerraBelieveit

You can’t have folk paying £500 a pop for season tickets and expect them to be happy with performances like today. Would expect him to be gone by end of the month if nothing improves. We have progressed zero on the park since Neilson left sadly; a complete waste of 2 and a half seasons, a couple of months and cup runs apart. Everyone is now seeing this finally. Squad is good enough for 3rd but sadly won’t see 3rd under CL. 

BarneyBattles44
2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Ann trusted / trusts proven .. We all know that she won't tolerate fools n has delivered  a Top Class product. By all accounts has only recently started to take a same interest in the Football Club. I 100 %  believe in her quest to make us the best she can. It is coming 

A new coach/manager will be brought in and Levein will move upstairs with the remit to keep well away from the first team. 

Budge must have her head in the sand if she's only turning her attention to the football side now. 

Y'know, the bit we've been fed up with years now. 

20 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

Poodle had to go CL is worse than Poodle no plane required this time everyone knows its over for CL.

Why did ‘poodle’ need to go? 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

The first time he managed hearts was 15 years ago. He’s a dinosaur, put him in the same bracket as McLeish, Strachan etc time for him to go. He can’t get another season based on performances almost 2 decades ago. 

Is the correct answer.

When Craig Levein left us in 2004 he was playing football in a style which became redundant almost as soon as he left. Football has moved on quite dramatically since 2004. Levein in his present spell at HMFC has us playing football and lining up in a manner that mirrors what he was doing in 2004, but it doesn't work in this day and age, and he quite simply cannot change or will not change at this stage in his career.

Ho got away with a decent start to last season, and the number of injuries thereafter were also a super form of defence for those who can see no wrong. This season so far has started poor and there is no reason to believe it will get any better. It is sad when you leave Tynecastle and the only thing you are happy about is that Ross County don't have a goalscorer either. If they did have there would have been absolutely no complaints if they had gone up the tunnel at HT with a 4-0 lead. People can also point the finger at the coaches, but the coaches are effectively carrying out the requirements of the football manager, a manager who by all accounts is with the first team one day a week from Monday to Friday. Is it any fecking wonder he doesn't have a clue how he is going to play the game on a Saturday. We need someone who  is with the players Monday to Friday, guiding them, making sure that what is needed for the Saturday is being worked on every day, that the team is known on the Monday so that players don't go out on the park at the weekend looking like they've never met never mind never played with the others around them. A win over Motherwell would simply paper over one or two cracks. I genuinely don't think we have a squad of shit awful players, but I do think the guidance they aren't getting is crippling them on a Saturday. Discontent this early in the season cannot be overlooked and we need a proper football manager, who can cope with the game as it is presently played, in place as quickly as possible. 2nd half today we took shit to a whole new level, disorganised is a massive understatement.

This is by far the most underwhelmed I’ve felt at the beginning of a season. Our style of play is absolutely shocking, no hunger from the off today to get in about them and take control of the game. Instead we sat back, invited pressure on ourselves and then attempted to attack in the second half with no plan other than chucking a few extra bodies up top and allowing either Berra or Zlamal to punt it as far as they could. Even if we sign Lafferty, Whelan and a class goalkeeper I still won’t be the slightest bit more optimistic. I actually like Levein, I think he loves Hearts and I wish he was the man to take us forward but he’s not. 

BarneyBattles44
12 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Budge must have her head in the sand if she's only turning her attention to the football side now. 

Y'know, the bit we've been fed up with years now. 

Remember the journey from Administration . Step back next time your on the pavement of the FOH Plazza. Look ahead. Bang . walk into the Home of Heart Of Midlothian n see for yourself  .New phase is Football Department. Ann has come a long way. Works extremely hard in a tough time. Im so pleased to see her finaly  arrive

Edited by BarneyBattles44

buzzbomb1958

**** right off you dinosaur we are relegation material already because you don't know what you are doing come  on guys how long does it  take 1 season 2 seasons or 3 this prick will put us in a relegation battle he is a perrianial ****ing loser get him as far away from our club as possible ,bring on the handrwingers

2 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Good question but there is no chance this will happen unless we are knocked out at Motherwell.

Unless we have a new keeper we're gubbed.

A new keeper is  the least of our concerns at the moment.

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Is the correct answer.

When Craig Levein left us in 2004 he was playing football in a style which became redundant almost as soon as he left. Football has moved on quite dramatically since 2004. Levein in his present spell at HMFC has us playing football and lining up in a manner that mirrors what he was doing in 2004, but it doesn't work in this day and age, and he quite simply cannot change or will not change at this stage in his career.

Ho got away with a decent start to last season, and the number of injuries thereafter were also a super form of defence for those who can see no wrong. This season so far has started poor and there is no reason to believe it will get any better. It is sad when you leave Tynecastle and the only thing you are happy about is that Ross County don't have a goalscorer either. If they did have there would have been absolutely no complaints if they had gone up the tunnel at HT with a 4-0 lead. People can also point the finger at the coaches, but the coaches are effectively carrying out the requirements of the football manager, a manager who by all accounts is with the first team one day a week from Monday to Friday. Is it any fecking wonder he doesn't have a clue how he is going to play the game on a Saturday. We need someone who  is with the players Monday to Friday, guiding them, making sure that what is needed for the Saturday is being worked on every day, that the team is known on the Monday so that players don't go out on the park at the weekend looking like they've never met never mind never played with the others around them. A win over Motherwell would simply paper over one or two cracks. I genuinely don't think we have a squad of shit awful players, but I do think the guidance they aren't getting is crippling them on a Saturday. Discontent this early in the season cannot be overlooked and we need a proper football manager, who can cope with the game as it is presently played, in place as quickly as possible. 2nd half today we took shit to a whole new level, disorganised is a massive understatement.

He still thinks he can hoof the ball to Sandy Clark who will nod it down to Robbo and score it did work 30 years ago he re jigged it with Mark Devries and Andy Kirk 15 years ago but sadly these times are long gone 

Hectormasson
35 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Bang on the money!  She is the problem, shiney new stand, great corporate standing, public relations, charities.....etc.....Count for sweet FA....You sit in the new shiney stand to watch the product on the pitch......Which sadly, she has neglected over a number of years now. 

Correct, all her good work is now being tarnished, with her total infatuation with levein, time for both to call it a day " as it's unlikely she's going to sack him !!! No matter the outcome in the next few games......

Remember the journey from Administration . Step back next time your on the pavement of the FOH Plazza. Look ahead. Bang . walk into the Home of Hearts Of Midlothian n see for yourself  .New phase is Football Department. Ann has come a long way. Works extremely hard in a tough time. Im so pleased to see her finaly  arrive

Are you ****ing high or something?

William Wallace
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Remember the journey from Administration . Step back next time your on the pavement of the FOH Plazza. Look ahead. Bang . walk into the Home of Hearts Of Midlothian n see for yourself  .New phase is Football Department. Ann has come a long way. Works extremely hard in a tough time. Im so pleased to see her finaly  arrive

Deluded

Hectormasson
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

**** right off you dinosaur we are relegation material already because you don't know what you are doing come  on guys how long does it  take 1 season 2 seasons or 3 this prick will put us in a relegation battle he is a perrianial ****ing loser get him as far away from our club as possible ,bring on the handrwingers

Correct ,levein lovers just waiting to pounce 🙈

Away up in Gorgie
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Is the correct answer.

Amongst a number of good points perhaps the most pertinent which should be something that is being shouted from the roof of the Main Stand is that Hearts require, with immediate effect, a leader who is on the training field with our FIRST TEAM every single day. Not arriving on a Thursday or a Friday to oversee and pick the team. Every single day. 

Not to have that at the level and at the stage we are at is not in the best interests of our football club. Nothing is being developed, nothing is being built and nothing will be without it. We need structure, we need the players to know what they are doing on a match day and we need them to be under pressure to perform in both training and games. That’s simply not happening as there is no accountability from top to bottom. There is no team spirit because the attitude is if the boss doesn’t care enough why the **** should we!

We desperately need a fresh face, a voice that is enthusiastic and driven, someone who can get players like Clare and Washington and our local lads like Cochrane fulfilling their potential. Right now Hearts are a team going through the motions and that has to change and change now. 

BarneyBattles44
1 minute ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Are you ****ing high or something?

Why . what's it to you . I ll await your disingenuous reply.

Craig u have to take some of the blame but so do the players. What we are watching is utter shit. Get it sorted hearts 1st home game of the season and everyone is divided. Take a look at yourselves and give 100% coz what we are seeing is a bunch of players that are giving there all. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic