Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

I've been a season ticket holder from 1988-2018, cant believe I haven't renewed for the last 2 seasons but cant bring myself to while we play this so called football, it's the least enjoyable in all those years.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

.Do you think Arnott who runs the academy should be given the boot in favour of Levein?

He reports into levein, don’t see why that needs to change.. tin hat on though - our academy isn’t that special. Too big a reliance on box and still we favour physicality over ability are the younger age group s. That’s a different debate

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I don’t want him out yet, I’d give him a chance to turn it around. 

hes had plenty time, more than any other manager that I can remember.

I cant understand how any Hearts still thinks like this. what is it about him?

Forever Hearts

I asked my 15 year old boy if he fancied going to the game today. He simply replied "no, it's boring these days".

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

And you think sending an email to Ann Budge is going to do the trick? If she has any sense, which she does by the way, she will hit delete without reading it. 

It is perhaps you who should be taking a look at yourself rather than foaming at the mouth wanting the manager sacked.  

Do you watch the same Hearts team as the rest of us? That's a genuine question. 

10 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

And you think sending an email to Ann Budge is going to do the trick? If she has any sense, which she does by the way, she will hit delete without reading it. 

It is perhaps you who should be taking a look at yourself rather than foaming at the mouth wanting the manager sacked.  

So you think that it is reasonable that he stays at the helm?

BarneyBattles44

Fact 

CL gets a bumper pay regardless what we think. It was changed when CL n RN walked beside AB.

It will change again now AB can concentrate on the Football side of the Club. I've hope in the Future. Away to eat humble pie. ****ing 4-0. I'm defo having a few after? Watching the Team torturing themselves n Us with WTF football.

Away up in Gorgie
23 minutes ago, Yoda said:

That is an utter scandal.  We must have the lowest number of SPL wins in 2019.  Even St Mirren won a few games during the run-in.

St Mirren also have 5 SPL wins in 2019. 

SPL wins this calendar year: 

Celtic 16 

Rangers 12

Motherwell 9 

Aberdeen 9

Hibs 8 

Kilmarnock 7 

St Mirren 5 

Hamilton 5 

St Johnstone 5 

Hearts 4 

Livingston 3

Dundee 3 

Shameful. The 3rd biggest club in the country and this is what they are serving up after the historic backing they’ve been provided. Get the charlatan manager and his loser mentality to ****. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I asked my 15 year old boy if he fancied going to the game today. He simply replied "no, it's boring these days".

Spot on. Young nephew YET again said he doesnt want to come back....thats alarming when young folk who love footy dont want to go along to Tynie....

The club is sleepwalking all things 1st team related....

Nelly Terraces
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Totally why I jacked it last season. Was bored out my skull at 99.9% of games. Been up town doing Festy stuff & drinking a few nice beers in the sun. Far better use of my cash & time. Gotta say, good luck to those still going, but I don't really miss the boring football & poor atmosphere.

12 minutes ago, jambonian said:

No. Billy Davies offered (when he was interviewed for the job) alternative coaching which was shot down. Not saying he's the man for the job, far from it. However, the next manager if Levein is still involved as DoF will have to toe the party line and coach the way he says, his philosophy (whatever it actually is) and believes to be the correct way, even though it's all wrong. No manager worth his salt will accept that except a yes man so the only two ways to resolve the situation is for him to leave the  club altogether, clean slate, or to grudgingly change his stubborn ways. No matter how many times we change the playing staff, they all get coached the same dull, rigid way with little to no creation or freedom to express themselves. The amount of players that have come and gone these last few years is alarming, and the replacements for them never seem to be any better than the ones that left, barring the odd one here and there.

Bang on!

Levein needs to be ejected from the club entirely.

If Levein moves back upstairs tomorrow I wont rejoice. i'll know we are only half way through this utterly dismal journey we've been on under his stewardship. the misery will continue until the club severs ties with him completely. if we can describe someone like Roy Keane as a winner then Craig Levein is a loser. its part of his DNA and its spreading through the club like cancer.

34 minutes ago, Deevers said:

We need a clean sweep - there seems to be a mindset in the coaching staff that encourages this slow ponderous football that the team are sent to play.  It’s eye bleeding to watch.  No Hearts team should be being sent out to play in that style especially at home against a team just promoted.

The thing is, that is not the style that is played in the younger age groups.  You watch the youngsters and they move the ball around quickly and try to get forward.  For some reason we seem unable (or unwilling) to do that in the first team.

Away up in Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Who else will Ann turn to? 

God only knows. She’s put herself in this dreadful position. If she had any savvy or stanes she’d be on the blower to someone like Sir Alex for advice. He’d happily give it. 

Gordon Ramsay
15 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Head buried firmly in the sand. 

1 minute ago, David Sharp said:

Oh and do you think that she should be deleting e-mails without reading them from fans. Don't think so although she may not give much credence to them, although she should at least stop and think if she is as bright as you suggest.

Just now, Away up in Gorgie said:

God only knows. She’s put herself in this dreadful position. If she had any savvy or stanes she’d be on the blower to someone like Sir Alex for advice. He’d happily give it. 

Yeah.  Jeff would be a massive backwards step also.

If she had the guts to sack Levein it would be admitting a massive mistake, I genuinely can’t see that happening in her last year in the gig. 

Just now, David Sharp said:

Oh and do you think that she should be deleting e-mails without reading them from fans. Don't think so although she may not give much credence to them, although she should at least stop and think if she is as bright as you suggest.

Had my rabies injection last week so that appears to be under control. Just you stay under the spell of CL and watch us plunder new depths.

indianajones

Guys lost it. 

So has the club. Complete joke we are even needing to discuss this with our current record. 

It'll get even uglier shortly when absolutely NOTHING happens. 

Just now, RobNox said:

The thing is, that is not the style that is played in the younger age groups.  You watch the youngsters and they move the ball around quickly and try to get forward.  For some reason we seem unable (or unwilling) to do that in the first team.

That’s got to be because of what the players are told to do. Today was eye bleeding.

we have good players who should be playing an expansive fast attacking game against teams like Ross County instead we get slow turgid crap.  It’s got to be down to the game plan.

9 minutes ago, PnG said:

hes had plenty time, more than any other manager that I can remember.

I cant understand how any Hearts still thinks like this. what is it about him?

I’d just give it longer instead of joining in the rolling bandwagon. 

sending emails wont do anything.

supporters just need to be unified and noisy in or outside the ground. things will happen pretty quickly after that.

We are destined for the bottom 6 this season. Levein should have stepped down after the Cup Final.

Absolutely ridiculous he is still in the dugout! 

Frank Sidebottom
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Do you watch the same Hearts team as the rest of us? That's a genuine question. 

“The rest of us” being who exactly? Are you saying there is unanimity on Craig Levein’s position?

7 minutes ago, David Sharp said:

It’s irrelevant to you whether I do or don’t. The point is I don’t think emailing Ann Budge demanding that the manager be sacked is helpful to anyone.  

Just now, Frank Sidebottom said:

“The rest of us” being who exactly? Are you saying there is unanimity on Craig Levein’s position?

It’s irrelevant to you whether I do or don’t. The point is I don’t think emailing Ann Budge demanding that the manager be sacked is helpful to anyone.  

Neither is ridiculing anyone who suggests anything to proactively get change from the farce on the football field for the whole of 2019 and beyond.  

Frank Sidebottom
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Neither is ridiculing anyone who suggests anything to proactively get change from the farce on the football field for the whole of 2019 and beyond.  

Forgive me if I don’t think sending knee jerk ranting emails is the way to go about things. 

Edited by Frank Sidebottom

Just now, Sarah O said:

Any chance of a new poll?

Instead of the admin merging loads of threads into the one and lots of people missing valid points perhaps they should conduct a clear poll on behalf of JKB as to what the members think is the best resolution to the shambles this year.  Simple question.

Should Craig Levein remain as head coach/ manager of the first team.

For some reason there’s a reluctance to conduct said poll for whatever reason.  

2 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Forgive me if I think sending knee jerk ranting emails is the way to go about things. 

What is knee-jerk about the way the football team has been ran and performances for the whole of 2019?  It’s got to a stage where a ten minute spell against Aberdeen (and still losing) is the most any poster who thinks Levein should stay as head coach has.

Hearts ultimately came as close last week to winning as Stenny did at home a few weeks previously.   

Any idea what the solution is by the way?  Isn’t that the question asked many a time when people got mocked for being concerned about Levein being manager? 

Edited by Inch Hearts

tolcross lad
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He reports into levein, don’t see why that needs to change.. tin hat on though - our academy isn’t that special. Too big a reliance on box and still we favour physicality over ability are the younger age group s. That’s a different debate

I agree.Theres has been too much hype about the Academy .I dont see a role for Levein that merits his salary.Accountability could be held in a different way.Ann Budge seemed clear that the football dept needed looked at.£4m in 5 years for the Academy needs scrutinised. 

been here before

Cool thread mitch.

Something new that no-one else has mentioned.

Top marks.

Edited by been here before

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Anderson5 said:

Don’t know how anyone can blame Levein for today, we had half a pitch missing!

Once we have the missing grass back, then is the time to judge the man. 

:rofl:

26 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I don’t want him out yet, I’d give him a chance to turn it around. 

However, he is running out of matches now to change it. The 14th of September against Motherwell will be his final game incharge if things don’t turnaround rapidly imo. I suspect we will start looking for a New Manager as soon as next Saturday if we don’t beat Motherwell on Friday.

I’d like to see us go for Danny Cowley at Lincoln. He’s young but experienced and has done it at every club he has been at season on season.

I agree, his track record is impressive.  He'll also bring a good knowledge of the lower leagues in England and maybe unearth one or two hidden gems.

Judging by the ticker report I've just read, 4-1 to RC looks like a fairer reflection.  Massive disappointment.

That wasn't just a bad day at the office. It was an unfit, unmotivated, unconfident and clueless team.

Time to go and away with the coaches who can't get them to act like normal footballers

9 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

At which point exactly did I say that I was going to e-mail her demanding that the manager be sacked. Suspect you know little or nothing about football.

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I agree, his track record is impressive.  He'll also bring a good knowledge of the lower leagues in England and maybe unearth one or two hidden gems.

I also suggested him.  Apparently he would have no intention of leaving England for Hearts.  Next. 

Frank Sidebottom
1 minute ago, David Sharp said:

At which point exactly did I say that I was going to e-mail her demanding that the manager be sacked. Suspect you know little or nothing about football.

Okay David. Thanks for playing. 

16 minutes ago, David Sharp said:

Had my rabies injection last week so that appears to be under control. Just you stay under the spell of CL and watch us plunder new depths.

Do you know that you are talking to yourself?

indianajones

Can't be arsed discussing fantasy suggestions as to who our next manager will be. 

All energy should be focused on removing the current losers. 

14 minutes ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

I read somewhere that Sir Alex was either interested or contacted at some point years and years ago to be the Hearts manager. Sure he said something about it being one thing he regretted. Very interesting!

Another poster mentioned a DoF role for Jim Jeffries. I mentioned this a couple of years ago. The reason being that he knows how a Hearts team should play and also how Hearts fans expect them to play. I would imagine that if he had been given this role at the club, he would've made sure that he got the right coaching team in and we'd have played an attractive attacking style of football, and certainly not wasted a lot of money on some of the players we've had these last few years.

What’s worrying is Leveins post match comments. These are sackable in themselves. Lacking in confidence ? 1 game in ffs. 

Just go you absolute imposter. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic