Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, Yoda said:

That is an utter scandal.  We must have the lowest number of SPL wins in 2019.  Even St Mirren won a few games during the run-in.

How anyone with that record is still in a job is staggering 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Michael Stewart and Craig Levein are the same person. Both can talk a good game but will never be a successful manager. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Until somebody gives me a name that fits the role perfectly, then I'm happy to sit tight with Levein.  I'll also guess that he’ll be here for the full season and will hand the Head Coach role over to Naismith for the remaining 3 years of his contract.

Someone suggested Paul Clement not so long ago, thought it was a great shout 

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Funny that this thread is suddenly a little quieter, some fan boys changing their tune? 

They wait a couple of days before gang attacking others calling them all the names under the sun and generally get away with it. 

16 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Watch out Ann, David Sharp’s going to send you an incoherent and an angry email. Best just get Craig sacked before that drops into the inbox.  

He’s also going to withhold his FOH contributions on the basis of the team’s poor performance. He’s a force to be reckoned with, clearly. 

Oh, so you think that sarcasm is the answer to this problem. Clearly you are also under the illusion that it's OK to continually churn out absolute rubbish week in week and no nobody should be accountable. Take a look at yourself.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Someone suggested Paul Clement not so long ago, thought it was a great shout 

Me.  Got shouted down. 

kingantti1874

Genuinely think the end is close here, we will lose to Motherwell and get horsed by Celtic.. would prefer Craig to move back voluntarily and look after the academy.. 

The Comedian
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Me.  Got shouted down. 

He's doesn't owe Levein everything so doesn't stand a chance eh...:levein_interesting:

Haringshairband
8 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Don’t know how anyone can blame Levein for today, we had half a pitch missing!

Once we have the missing grass back, then is the time to judge the man. 

:lol: hope this is sarcasm.

We need a clean sweep - there seems to be a mindset in the coaching staff that encourages this slow ponderous football that the team are sent to play.  It’s eye bleeding to watch.  No Hearts team should be being sent out to play in that style especially at home against a team just promoted.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Me.  Got shouted down. 

It’s a great shout. We need something a bit different..

9 minutes ago, jambonian said:

It was against Dundee at Dens Park in March. Won three League games in 2019, the others being St Johnstone at Home in January and away to Kilmarnock the following week, start of February.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Aberdeen at home?

Apologies….yes, four. Aberdeen at home, same month as Dundee at Dens.

Edited by jambonian

Just now, The Comedian said:

He's doesn't owe Levein everything so doesn't stand a chance eh...:levein_interesting:

Absolutely no chance of someone coming in with their own ideas of how to run the first team even at least.  It will be one of his bitches or someone with nothing else to do that gets the job when it’s finally admitted it isn’t working and the right man wasn’t staring them in the face after all a month after having tremendous candidates last time. 

I was hoping that we might have got an announcement that this would be his last season as manager with changes in the backroom staff and a successor in place. Still waiting for budge statement part 2

BarneyBattles44

Up until 3 pm I was in a good mind a brilliant wee day. That was painful. Naisy should of been benched as last week. There is a simmering tension in the ground.

Overall 5/10 for the performance.

Who replaces CL if he gets shot of himself ?

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s a great shout. We need something a bit different..

I finally compiled a list of available managers that we could go for after numerous “who could we get as an alternative” guff replies.

Clement wouldn’t want the job and if he did it would be only a matter of time before he was off, apparently we need a mid card achiever who doesn’t want to leave and is here for five years, not someone successful who could move for doing brilliant. 

6 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

:lol: hope this is sarcasm.

Realised the cuckolds would be struggling for excuses this week so thought I’d help them out with some suggestions. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Page 235. 

Won't cant go much further if the next 2 games go badly which really looks more than likely 

Just now, BarneyBattles44 said:

Up until 3 pm I was in a good mind a brilliant wee day. That was painful. Naisy should of been benched as last week. There is a simmering tension in the ground.

Overall 5/10 for the performance.

Who replaces CL if he gets shot of himself ?

Outplayed by Ross County in every department at home is not even anywhere near a 5/10 bearing in mind about 5 great chances they had including a penalty.  Then there was all the shambles in defence all game. 2/10 for not actually losing. 

GorgieRules22
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Page 235. 

Won't cant go much further if the next 2 games go badly which really looks more than likely 

It’s already gone too far so don’t hold your breath.

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Michael Stewart and Craig Levein are the same person. Both can talk a good game but will never be a successful manager. 

At least Stewart holds his hands up to that. 

Big test of what we have coming up. 

Does the old Craig Levein come out of cold storage, kick the doors down, as well as arse , and start doing what he should?

Or keep being the thinking mans coach?

Edited by Debut 4

BarneyBattles44
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Outplayed by Ross County in every department at home is not even anywhere near a 5/10 bearing in mind about 5 great chances they had including a penalty.  Then there was all the shambles in defence all game. 2/10 for not actually losing. 

I was being kind to some

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Big test of what we have coming up. 

Does the old Craig Levein come out of cold storage, kick the doors down, as well as arse , and start doing what he should?

Or keep being the thinking mans coach?

Hes has had enough chances and tests man, it’s been utter shite since November’s humiliation at Celtic park ffs. He should have went after Livi but he was saved by a good start.  Now there is zero reason for Levein to stay in position.  Every single other manager in the history of the club would have been moved from manager or head coach. 

Just now, Sagan said:

It's the injuries mate, the injuries. 

Not just injuries, give the injured players 6 months to recover. 

Away up in Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Only one is paid a significant annual salary by the 3rd biggest club in the country. 

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Mourinho. 

Well, you wanted a name. 

In all seriousness, if we advertise the role you will be surprised at the names we attract. 

The whole restructuring of the club is down to Levein, everything we have in place is his, he worked on a blueprint for an friend who was looking to buy another club a year before Budge approached him, this football project is something he has spent 2 years on before Budge stepped foot into the Tynie mix, it's now well underway..... once it's fully baked then I'm sure he’ll know sooner than anybody else when it's ready to handover to somebody else.

Until that point I'm happy to stick it out with him. I know that will annoy those with loud fingers!

We played well last week, just small individual errors that cost goals. 

Today was a blip, we are going to get much better.. 

Said Levein...

Edited by jumpship

BarneyBattles44

Here goes get CL to ****.

A smug clueless arrogant smart arse. Get JJ in as DOF and hand first team duties to AK n BF.

Clark Griswold
Just now, jumpship said:

For about 10 mins aye.

Just now, Away up in Gorgie said:

Levein should be nowhere near the decision for his replacement thats for certain. 

Who else will Ann turn to? 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Said Levein...

Christ on a bike. There really is no hope. 

6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Absolutely no chance of someone coming in with their own ideas of how to run the first team even at least.  It will be one of his bitches or someone with nothing else to do that gets the job when it’s finally admitted it isn’t working and the right man wasn’t staring them in the face after all a month after having tremendous candidates last time. 

No. Billy Davies offered (when he was interviewed for the job) alternative coaching which was shot down. Not saying he's the man for the job, far from it. However, the next manager if Levein is still involved as DoF will have to toe the party line and coach the way he says, his philosophy (whatever it actually is) and believes to be the correct way, even though it's all wrong. No manager worth his salt will accept that except a yes man so the only two ways to resolve the situation is for him to leave the  club altogether, clean slate, or to grudgingly change his stubborn ways. No matter how many times we change the playing staff, they all get coached the same dull, rigid way with little to no creation or freedom to express themselves. The amount of players that have come and gone these last few years is alarming, and the replacements for them never seem to be any better than the ones that left, barring the odd one here and there.

TyphoonJambo
20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Genuinely think the end is close here, we will lose to Motherwell and get horsed by Celtic.. would prefer Craig to move back voluntarily and look after the academy.. 

I love the guy but this is where i am now. Fresh ideas needed. 

Frank Sidebottom
18 minutes ago, David Sharp said:

Oh, so you think that sarcasm is the answer to this problem. Clearly you are also under the illusion that it's OK to continually churn out absolute rubbish week in week and no nobody should be accountable. Take a look at yourself.

And you think sending an email to Ann Budge is going to do the trick? If she has any sense, which she does by the way, she will hit delete without reading it. 

It is perhaps you who should be taking a look at yourself rather than foaming at the mouth wanting the manager sacked.  

1 minute ago, PnG said:

😂

Not sure if that’s a piss take or agreeing but the comment was made in criticism of him. 😁

tolcross lad
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

.Do you think Arnott who runs the academy should be given the boot in favour of Levein?

I don’t want him out yet, I’d give him a chance to turn it around. 

However, he is running out of matches now to change it. The 14th of September against Motherwell will be his final game incharge if things don’t turnaround rapidly imo. I suspect we will start looking for a New Manager as soon as next Saturday if we don’t beat Motherwell on Friday.

I’d like to see us go for Danny Cowley at Lincoln. He’s young but experienced and has done it at every club he has been at season on season.

6 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Said Levein…

Only we didn't play well last week. Aberdeen controlled the first half and we only played for the usual 10 minutes during  the second half before the collapse.

8 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

The whole restructuring of the club is down to Levein, everything we have in place is his, he worked on a blueprint for an friend who was looking to buy another club a year before Budge approached him, this football project is something he has spent 2 years on before Budge stepped foot into the Tynie mix, it's now well underway..... once it's fully baked then I'm sure he’ll know sooner than anybody else when it's ready to handover to somebody else.

Until that point I'm happy to stick it out with him. I know that will annoy those with loud fingers!

It’s not working. 

heartsfc_fan

Quite bored of Hearts just now. Same old predicable slow play.

Some good individual players but really we are coached the same rubbish every week.

Levein won't resign. It'll have to get bad, very bad before he gets the boot. And I'm talking about relegation zone stuff.

So, hopefully now , everyone is in agreement that Levein is not the man to be in charge of the first team. There may well be a role behind the scenes for him but the evidence is stark, we need a new manager/coach with full autonomy over first team affairs. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Not sure if that’s a piss take or agreeing but the comment was made in criticism of him. 😁

Agreeing. Levein supporters considering themselves as thinking men is a hilarious notion.

8 minutes ago, jambonian said:

No. Billy Davies offered (when he was interviewed for the job) alternative coaching which was shot down. Not saying he's the man for the job, far from it. However, the next manager if Levein is still involved as DoF will have to toe the party line and coach the way he says, his philosophy (whatever it actually is) and believes to be the correct way, even though it's all wrong. No manager worth his salt will accept that except a yes man so the only two ways to resolve the situation is for him to leave the  club altogether, clean slate, or to grudgingly change his stubborn ways. No matter how many times we change the playing staff, they all get coached the same dull, rigid way with little to no creation or freedom to express themselves. The amount of players that have come and gone these last few years is alarming, and the replacements for them never seem to be any better than the ones that left, barring the odd one here and there.

Completely and utterly spot on. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic