Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Sexton Hardcastle

See a lot of Wolves fans with tears and snotters after a shabby performance against part timers in the europa qualifier. 

Effectively a pre season game and boys seething they didn’t put ten last them.

Sounds awfy familiar.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Have you three people thought about meeting up for a drink sometime? Like at a Hearts event.

I think you might get on. 

Random.

Flappy Hands
3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Have you three people thought about meeting up for a drink sometime? Like at a Hearts event.

I think you might get on. 

You're being a bit silly now. 

Fort Vallance
49 minutes ago, Flappy Hands said:

Yeah, it's a shame because he's obviously a good young manager. 

I'm not sure. Great job at St Mirren but if he couldn't  piss League 1 with the resources he had at Sunderland it's not that impressive

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fair enough. We have the power! Don't think we're quite in that bad a state though.

You must know there is huge unrest in the Hearts support over Levein. His brand of football is frankly prehistoric and many are reaching the end of their tether - if you were at the game on Wednesday you would hear the bile raining down on Levein after Stenny scored by very many Hearts fans in the stand.

That reaction was not based on one game but the performances and negative football we have suffered over the last couple of seasons.

The only reason ST sales did not slump is that we have a loyal bunch of fans who support the team but not necessarily the Manager.

Edited by Thomaso

Flappy Hands
4 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

See a lot of Wolves fans with tears and snotters after a shabby performance against part timers in the europa qualifier. 

Sounds awfy familiar.

Part Timers in Europe? 

How is that possible

Stenhousemuir on the other hand.. Those boys were out working days before the game. 

4 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I'm not sure. Great job at St Mirren but if he couldn't  piss League 1 with the resources he had at Sunderland it's not that impressive

Sunderland are a shambles of a club that have been on the slide for years. It’s a tough gig for any Manager to turn that around.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You must know there is huge unrest in the Hearts support over Levein. His brand of football is frankly prehistoric and many are reaching the end of their tether - if you were at the game on Wednesday you would hear the bile raining down on Levein after Stenny scored by very many Hearts fans in the stand.

That reaction was not based on one game but the performances and negative football we have suffered over the last couple of seasons.

The only reason ST sales did not slump is that we have a loyal bunch of fans who support the team but not necessarily the Manager.

Count me in that group. It should be possible to not like the manager but still not bang on about it all the time though.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Count me in that group. It should be possible to not like the manager but still not bang on about it all the time though.

Levein is the key issue for very many Hearts fans right now so it is hardly surprising he features heavily on a Hearts fans forum.

Flappy Hands

It really annoys me when people say that we're still in pre season

It's the league cup ffs!

We should be wanting to win every game. EVERY ****ING GAME

I remember when pep put his full team out against a so called diddy team. He want's to win every ****ing game!

Do we want to be an average scottish team forever more? 

piss off. 

TweedbankJambo
1 minute ago, Flappy Hands said:

It's the league cup ffs!

I remember when pep put his full team out against a so called diddy team. He want's to win every ****ing game!

piss off. 

You're right 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

😂😂😂

When they resort to the personal crap you know they are losing the argument.

Losing no. Bored definitely.

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Losing no. Bored definitely.

Good then switch off and give us all a break. 👍

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Good then switch off and give us all a break. 👍

Ah, so now you speak for the entire forum.  

Flappy Hands

And don't get me started on youngsters just taking part. It's the taking part that counts.. Aye, that's why our national team is in the state it's in. 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

It’s another special post brought to you by “I hope I’m wrong”!!!

😘

Getintaethem,,,you hit it spot on ,,👏👏👏👏👏🇶🇦🇱🇻

42 minutes ago, Flappy Hands said:

We will never know the truth. 

a bit like Burley getting the sack when we were top of the league. 

Pisses me right off. 

or when fans wanting the manager out when we are 2nd in league

Flappy Hands
8 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

or when fans wanting the manager out when we are 2nd in league

Neilson?

He went out on high, i'll give him that.

The football before that was terrible and the league was weak. 

In the end, it was the hibs game what done him. 

He's done nothing to suggest he's a great manager since. He had the help from levein and the money to buy premiership players in the championship. 

Don't get me wrong, i think we'd probably be better off with him back right now, but that's no saying much for levein and macphee. 

We can do better than the lot of them. 

Edited by Flappy Hands

16 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ah, so now you speak for the entire forum.  

Still here then? 😏

3 minutes ago, Flappy Hands said:

Neilson?

He went out on high, i'll give him that.

The football before that was terrible and the league was weak. 

In the end, it was the hibs game what done him. 

He's done nothing to suggest he's a good manager since. He had the help from levein and the money to buy premiership players in the championship. 

Absolutely spot on Flappy! 👍

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The League Cup is as unpredictable as any cup ?

2016 Celtic

2017 Celtic

2018 Celtic

Well at least it's less predictable than the Scottish Cup

2017 Celtic

2018 Celtic

2019 Celtic

Think people were referring to the group stages played in July before teams are properly prepared.

Vancouver Whitecaps Fans have started doing this.

Our naysayers might take it on

Spoiler
Spoiler

F1FD891D-A137-4E96-8433-796C61C48B1D.jpeg

siegementality
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Budge was left with no choice but to punt Cathro after the “eejits” (fans) justifiable anger and reaction to the Dunfermline debacle.

Cole Stockton missed a sitter with a few minutes to go. If he scored that we’d have went through. Levein was bailed out by Halkett. He was lucky.

Levein is on a Cathro like run of results. Let’s see if Budge is strong enough to make the same decision about him - as she made with Cathro - in about 10 games from now.

2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Sounds awfy familiar.

Hearts fans confusing competitive fixtures with pre-season fixtures certainly is a familiar theme.

Inch Hearts
13 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

League Cup last season, we were bloody lucky to get that far. The cock up with the player registration should have cost us 3 points but that would have meant the game against Inverness was a dead rubber for TV purposes, therefore they deducted us 2 giving us the chance to qualify. We struggled at Dunfermline, convinced against Motherwell and got well and truly emptied by Celtic.

Scottish Cup was the easiest run you could get. Apart from livi, we got the weakest team in the hat in every round. Still got to beat them but you expect to be winning those games. 

For or a team with our wage bill we should be closely matching Aberdeen not finishing behind Killie with an inferior wage bill and behind Hibs. 

4-0 against Celtic was 18 months ago. What did we get for it, 3 points. Points!!!!! The same as Hibs got in 1973 for beating us 7-0 and we take the pi$$ out of them for that. Are we still going to be going on about this in 40 years???? Winning at ER. Embarrassing that as a club our record there in the Budge era is truly woeful. I’ve been fortunate enough to have witnessed us ripping the pi$$ out of them there at will yet we are now claiming one victory in 5 years there as some sort of standard to accept. Lets also not forget our loss at home to them. Let’s also talk about Aberdeen. Their record at Tynecastle is as crap as ours is at Pitoddrie. We can hardly claim it’s besting them. Yet you seem to think that an even record against them, one victory at ER and a win against Celtic are reasons to keep a manager. What about getting thumped 5-0 at Livi and failing to beat them in the league last season, losing at home to Dundee, struggling at home against teams like St Midden or Hamilton because we had no plan B to break down a team that sits in. And there is our problem, his tactics without one player struggles to break down a team that sits in. We lose Naismith again this season and we will struggle again. 

I agree that any fan who wants the team to lose is no fan that I want following the team. I understand the frustrations that they have but wanting the team to lose, no thanks. 

Sorry but I fail to get excited about an upcoming season where I see a squad that still has glaring deficiencies that he will still not fix. We are crying out for a penalty box poacher and a driving force in midfield. They have been needed for a long time but it’s not been resolved. His stubborn blind faith in his system and lack of Plan B will be our undoing yet again this season.

Drop mic.  Absolutely nailed it. 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Checks this is still a Hearts forum. Sees it is. Shakes head. Walks away baffled.

Away up in Gorgie
33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Checks this is still a Hearts forum. Sees it is. Shakes head. Walks away baffled.

If only Levein would walk away we might actually have the opportunity to have good season and build on the tremendous goodwill shown by thousands of Hearts supporters over the last few years. As things stand we are witnessing the complete wasting of the opportunity that the post administration years presented. Budge and Levein have taken the piss to such an extent that they have totally divided the support, a really sad state of affairs given the way everyone had united to save the club.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

I always got excited about a new season because, believe it or not, things can and do change. Sometimes things get worse and sometimes things get better.. but are seldom the exact same in my experience. 

Enzo Chiefo
5 hours ago, Flappy Hands said:

It's the league cup ffs!

piss off. 

Funny that the "we're still in July" or "it's still pre-season " excuse didn't apply to Cathro when he was removed. The club is being held back by AB's and a section of fans' blind spot with Levein. The inability to separate CL the player and CL the manager , is damaging. It's clear from the garbage he spouts in the press and the performances over the last 2 seasons,  that, as a manager, the guy is a dud.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Funny that the "we're still in July" or "it's still pre-season " excuse didn't apply to Cathro when he was removed. The club is being held back by AB's and a section of fans' blind spot with Levein. The inability to separate CL the player and CL the manager , is damaging. It's clear from the garbage he spouts in the press and the performances over the last 2 seasons,  that, as a manager, the guy is a dud.

Craig levein has got us out group stages unlike cathro and hasn't lost to the likes of peterhead 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Craig levein has got us out group stages unlike cathro and hasn't lost to the likes of peterhead 

Cathro managed to hammer Rangers at Tynie, something Levein has never done as Hearts manager. Didn't preside over a humiliating 5-0 defeat to a newly promoted side either. Swings and roundabouts. 

Bazzas right boot

This thread, thanks to a few posters is now actually a belter. 

All after we won a game if football as well. 😂

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Cathro managed to hammer Rangers at Tynie, something Levein has never done as Hearts manager. Didn't preside over a humiliating 5-0 defeat to a newly promoted side either. Swings and roundabouts. 

Ffs

Trying to somehow make out CL is on par with Cathro. 

CL hammererd, proper hammered celtic and won at ER. 

Got us to a sc final as well. 

Getting knocked out the lc by a league 2 side is also far worse than losing any league game. 

If you're in any way suggesting Cathro is better than CL, football is not for you. 

The debate ends there on that one, but  Tbf winning a game with Jack Hamilton, nowak, Martin, Sowah and Hughes all starting does deserve bonus points for cathro😂

3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Ffs

Getting knocked out the lc by a league 2 side is also far worse than losing any league game. 

If you're in any way suggesting Cathro is better than CL, football is not for you. 

The debate ends there on that one, but  Tbf winning a game with Jack Hamilton, nowak, Martin, Sowah and Hughes all starting does deserve bonus points for cathro😂

Levein obviously is a better manager however, If you look at Cathros record for the 6 months he was in charge and Levein last 6 months it's actually almost identical, though Cathro finished 5th.  For that reason alone it's worth questioning why you'd hold them to different standards.

Selkirkhmfc1874
54 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Did cathro beat celtic 4 nil? Get to a semi final or final ?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Ffs

Unfair to compare Cathro to Levein I agree. Although getting to a Scottish Cup Final with the teams we faced is to be expected. He shouldn't get a large amount of credit for that and a game that MacPhee was largely responsible for either.  I will give him credit for the cup final performance and the work he's done behind the scenes and signings of Haring and Naismith among others. Ultimately two 6th place finishes should have spelt the end for his time in charge of the first team. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
6 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Levein obviously is a better manager however, If you look at Cathros record for the 6 months he was in charge and Levein last 6 months it's actually almost identical, though Cathro finished 5th.  For that reason alone it's worth questioning why you'd hold them to different standards.

Neilson won most of the points. Cartho would have got us relegated.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Levein's record is better than Cathros overall. 

We got to a lc semi and a sc final. 

We never got knocked out the lc by Peterhead. 

I am holding them to the same standard- overall record at club. 

Not even debating this tbh. It's absurd. Like off the wall mental. 

Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Neilson won most of the points. Cartho would have got us relegated.

The respective records was the point I was making. Almost identical through the same period of time. Relegation form in both cases.

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Levein's record is better than Cathros overall. 

We got to a lc semi and a sc final. 

We never got knocked out the lc by Peterhead. 

I am holding them to the same standard- overall record at club. 

Not even debating this tbh. It's absurd. Like off the wall mental. 

I am not debating anything. The records in the last 6 months are similar. That's why this thread exists. 

Cup runs - fortuitous draws play a part so I believe the more accurate  comparison would be league form.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, bistokid said:

I am not debating anything. The records in the last 6 months are similar. That's why this thread exists. 

Cup runs - fortuitous draws play a part so I believe the more accurate  comparison would be league form.

Ok then. 

Crack on. 

Maybe we'll get lucky, sack CL and get Cathro back in. 👍

Nookie Bear
12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Did cathro beat celtic 4 nil? Get to a semi final or final ?

How long is the 4-0 going to be used to justify Leveins position? 

A complete anomaly. A fantastic day, but an anomaly. 

Who_put_the_ball_in...

He’s not as bad as Cathro but no where near good enough for us. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

How long is the 4-0 going to be used to justify Leveins position? 

A complete anomaly. A fantastic day, but an anomaly. 

Anything good is an anomaly or expected. 

Anything bad, CL's fault, get him to ****. 

Examples 

Celtic 4-0

Cup final--shite teams we beat, expected. 

Clean sheet record - typical Levein, never scored enough. 

Knocking hibs out the cup and ending the erveun- expected 

Livi 5-0, typical, get him sacked. 

Poor form after injuries-get him sacked, ignoring our results pre injuries. 

No wonder why folk think the anti Levein stuff is personal, anything good is brushed off, anything bad- all his fault, get him to ****. 

The Old Tolbooth
59 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

He’s not as bad as Cathro but no where near good enough for us. 

My thoughts exactly! 

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

This thread, thanks to a few posters is now actually a belter. 

All after we won a game if football as well. 😂

😂😂

This place cracks me up at times.

Question, have we lost a competitive game this season? The way this thread is going I think I may have missed something!

Wait for the reaction when we actually do!

Alex Kintner

Could he have been sacked? Yes

Should he have been sacked? Maybe

Was he sacked? No

Therefore we move on. It’s a new season and the first few games have shown a mix of positives and negatives. Far too early to write off this season as “same again.”

We’re trying to play in a more attacking way and this is clear to see with the formations, selections and shots counts. Our finishing and tempo needs to improve though from what people have said and we need that strong replacement for Haring in midfield.

I’m still buzzing about the new season, especially with my daughter arriving early and meaning I can now make our first home game 😊👍🏻

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

😂😂

This place cracks me up at times.

Question, have we lost a competitive game this season? The way this thread is going I think I may have missed something!

Wait for the reaction when we actually do!

Tbf, conceding a goal is always shite, but coming on here actually makes it quite a thing. 

Stenny scoring first and then us winning made conceding first quite entertaining, I could almost taste the excitement of some posters, then for it to be torn from thier grasp and then just go on one anyway is what the internet is all about! 

It's like in their mind we got beat.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Could he have been sacked? Yes

Should he have been sacked? Maybe

Was he sacked? No

Therefore we move on. It’s a new season and the first few games have shown a mix of positives and negatives. Far too early to write off this season as “same again.”

We’re trying to play in a more attacking way and this is clear to see with the formations, selections and shots counts. Our finishing and tempo needs to improve though from what people have said and we need that strong replacement for Haring in midfield.

I’m still buzzing about the new season, especially with my daughter arriving early and meaning I can now make our first home game 😊👍🏻

Well said. 

Mee too. 

Congratulations. 

And.... Do you think so? 😳

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic