Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Likewise with the Levein must stay bores, always defending the indefensible.

Aka supporting through think and thin. The poorly disguised glee of the doom merchants every crap performance or defeat is embarrassing. After a win where on another day we would have had 10 it’s just bizarre.

Ever considered cooling your jets until we actually get knocked out or lose or something?

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Mainly down to the luck of the draw it has to be said. The League Cup is geared up for the top clubs to advance. Last season, we drew Dunfermline and Motherwell in the LC due to the luck of the draw then Livvy, Auchinleck, Partick and ICT in the SC. A more fortuitous draw, we are unlikely to ever get again. The league position over the last 2 seasons has been more indicative of our recent regression. The fact that so many of last season's signings have either been moved on, are being allowed to leave or are simply not good enough, is another sign of our recruitment failures.

It’s not geared to anything. It’s as unpredictable as any cup.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What are you going to do about it? Support the team or boo?

Dry yer eyes. A much better team needed extra time to beat Stenny last time we played them.

Well it’s a Hearts forum for fans to discuss all things football (Hearts or non Hearts related).  Seems the most appropriate place to discuss these things.  There are some, yourself included, that would rather stick their heads in the sand and pretend it’s not happening.  

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's seeded for a start. That's a huge help. So, in that respect,  it's more predictable than the Scottish. The top 4 don't even get involved until the last 16.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It’s not as unpredictable though. Unlike the Scottish Cup, it’s  seeded to try to make it easier for the bigger clubs and generally it succeeds. Look at the semis last year - it was the top 4 in the league at the time, iirc. At least in the Scottish, some of the big clubs go out in the early rounds due to the draws. In the LC they don’t even join until the last 16.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well it’s a Hearts forum for fans to discuss all things football (Hearts or non Hearts related).  Seems the most appropriate place to discuss these things.  There are some, yourself included, that would rather stick their heads in the sand and pretend it’s not happening.  

Yeah I really hope we don’t keep creating 20-30 chances every game. And its an effing nighmare all this not losing cup games anymore malarky.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s not as unpredictable though. Unlike the Scottish Cup, it’s  seeded to try to make it easier for the bigger clubs and generally it succeeds. Look at the semis last year - it was the top 4 in the league at the time, iirc. At least in the Scottish, some of the big clubs go out in the early rounds due to the draws. In the LC they don’t even join until the last 16.

It starts in july of course its unpredictable!

Inch Hearts
19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What are you going to do about it? Support the team or boo?

Dry yer eyes. A much better team needed extra time to beat Stenny last time we played them.

Im not going to contradict myself and gloss over the fact that’s for sure. 

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah I really hope we don’t keep creating 20-30 chances every game. And its an effing nighmare all this not losing cup games anymore malarky.

20/30 chances :lol: 

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

20/30 chances :lol: 

Not watched the games or looked at the stats then? Makes sense

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Im not going to contradict myself and gloss over the fact that’s for sure. 

Boo it is! How you must have moaned when we needed penalties to beat gretna in a cup final or need extra time and or replays to scrape past st mirren and st johnstone not to mention beating auchinleck 1-0 on the way to the cup? 

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Boo it is! How you must have moaned when we needed penalties to beat gretna in a cup final or need extra time and or replays to scrape past st mirren and st johnstone not to mention beating auchinleck 1-0 on the way to the cup? 

Whats that got to do with almost 2 years of brutal football followed by another struggle tonight? Gretna where decent, they made the Cup final afterall, St Mirren and St Johnstone Prem clubs and Auchinleck was comfortable, this evening was anything but comfortable and it’s probably cost the club being seeded for the next round which ultimately results in a tough tie to progress in the competition.  It’s easier to deal with if it’s isolated but it’s a continuation. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

Difference in us winning ,, halkett " he never gave up, looking forward to more goals and top performances from him ......great signing🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Yeah we might have finally found our first goalscoring defender since Paterson, not to mention possibly solving our LB problem.

Naismith and a shithot midfielder still to come. Progress.

Inch Hearts
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not watched the games or looked at the stats then? Makes sense

Watched the game fully.  There wasn’t 20/30 chances.  There was one shot on target the whole of the first half.  It lack penetration, imagination and confidence up top.  Against a part time team at home. Yet you seem to reckon hearts have the best midfield and forward line outside the old firm.  

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Stenhousemuir played for penalties right from kick off. 5 in defence at all times. Their keeper also made some great saves. Instead of lumping it into the box we tried to play it into the net. It's refreshing to see that.

I'm not reading much into this game. We didn't play great sure, but we won. 

Refreshing post.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Refreshing post.

Stenhousemuir are a dog muck league 2 team.

they should be easily torn apart and destroyed at Tynecastle/ochilview/the moon every time we play them.

a come from behind tight win is not good enough and a worryingly trend that is continuing from last season

Famous 1874

Most worrying comment I heard was when Ann Budge described him as doing a good job. Surely she can’t be that deluded.

Seems under no pressure to succeed and is bulletproof.

We have to get plenty out of guys like Irvine, Cochrane, McDonald this season.  Too often our promising young players seem to flatter to deceive.

And our strikers need to strike.

Score.

Stick it in the old onion bag.

Just do it.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 hours ago, Jason Dufner said:

The evidence is clear to see in the reaction the team is getting from the fans.

Boo’s yet again at half time from the Hearts fans and let’s be honest, there’s probably about 3 instances in 2019 that hasn’t been the case.

The standard of football (and I use the term loosely) we’re producing is absolutely shocking, absolutely no game plan whatsoever and quite frankly we look like he just picks 11 players and they go play where they want.

There’s a reason we can giveback Celtic a game, we get to sit back against them and play without the ball, exactly how Levein wants his team set up. The reason we continue to struggle against Dundee’s/ Livingston/ St Mirren even League 2 opposition tonight ffs is that we have no game plan to break down teams that come to sit in and quite honestly Levein has shown nothing to suggest he can come up with one.

We’re not even out of July and already you look at the team and think the same flaws that have let us down for 3 years haven’t been addressed and we as fans are being badly let down by a manager who isn’t up to the task of rectifying it.

Been saying that for the past 8 months. It's not the 90's anymore 

Igglepiggle
2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Watched the game fully.  There wasn’t 20/30 chances.  There was one shot on target the whole of the first half.  It lack penetration, imagination and confidence up top.  Against a part time team at home. Yet you seem to reckon hearts have the best midfield and forward line outside the old firm.  

MacLean, Smith and Clare all had shots on target in the first half, so you're either wrong or you're just making things up to suit your argument. I agree it wasn't a great performance, but it was nowhere near as bad as some people are making out. 

Seymour M Hersh

You know it's been a sub par performance when this thread makes an appearance with the usual suspects repeating their hatred of Levein ad nauseam! 

Ernie Eskilsson
6 hours ago, siegementality said:

Berra and Uche will feature a loss less this season.

And Haring and Naismith will miss lots of games...

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You know it's been a sub par performance when this thread makes an appearance with the usual suspects repeating their hatred of Levein ad nauseam! 

There's only one way to stop that though isn't there Seymour. It doesn't look massively different from the second half of last season, it's worrying that the issues that are apparent to all of us are not being dealt with. Attacking transition and conceding cheap goals fundamentally due to carelessness. As opposed to clamouring for more signings the hard repetitive work should be going on at Oriam but it's questionable whether we have the quality of coaches to do that. 

It will be the same as last season, an overreliance on Naismith when he gets back to fitness. Don't be surprised if he is targetted in every single game he plays. 

8 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

When did they last mention it? Today? Yesterday? Last week? When? 

It was getting mentioned a fair bit on here towards the end of the season when CL future was a big talking point.

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Aka supporting through think and thin. The poorly disguised glee of the doom merchants every crap performance or defeat is embarrassing. After a win where on another day we would have had 10 it’s just bizarre.

Ever considered cooling your jets until we actually get knocked out or lose or something?

Like not beating a premier league team since March, that type of losing.

8 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

Sorry but have I missed something? Are we not top of our group? Are we not unbeaten?

We’ve had some terrible league cup campaigns and teams from previous seasons would have folded at 1-0 down. You simply can’t judge performances vs lower league teams as you would against an Aberdeen or a Killie. Stenny, like Cowdenbeath and United (for the most part) spent the vast majority of the game with 10 or 11 players behind the ball. That’s not going to be the case during the league season and more space will open up.

I’m comfortable with the direction we’re heading at the moment. Yes there’s things to work on but fans were screaming for a more attacking approach, we’ve started with that but it takes time for everyone to be settled with the style of play. 

It actually happens frequently.  

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Most worrying comment I heard was when Ann Budge described him as doing a good job. Surely she can’t be that deluded.

Seems under no pressure to succeed and is bulletproof.

An “overwhelmingly” good job? 😏

Phil Dunphy
7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

20-30 chances :laugh:

That’s a belter. 

KyleLafferty

My thoughts if it’s worth anything. 

We rarely punted the ball last night, Berra and uche werent playing so that helped.

I don’t care what team you are playing against if they stick 11 men behind the ball and you don’t score early you are in for a hellish time.

We need to start taking chances. We get to the final third, and the crossing is either over hit or under hit.

Hicky, Halkett, Smith, Souttar and I’m even going to say Clare. Clare was much more involved than Bozanic. He got stuck in, he drove with the ball which he is good at and he kept the ball moving.

7 hours ago, Jason Dufner said:

The evidence is clear to see in the reaction the team is getting from the fans.

Boo’s yet again at half time from the Hearts fans and let’s be honest, there’s probably about 3 instances in 2019 that hasn’t been the case.

The standard of football (and I use the term loosely) we’re producing is absolutely shocking, absolutely no game plan whatsoever and quite frankly we look like he just picks 11 players and they go play where they want.

There’s a reason we can giveback Celtic a game, we get to sit back against them and play without the ball, exactly how Levein wants his team set up. The reason we continue to struggle against Dundee’s/ Livingston/ St Mirren even League 2 opposition tonight ffs is that we have no game plan to break down teams that come to sit in and quite honestly Levein has shown nothing to suggest he can come up with one.

We’re not even out of July and already you look at the team and think the same flaws that have let us down for 3 years haven’t been addressed and we as fans are being badly let down by a manager who isn’t up to the task of rectifying it.

An excellent summary of where we are. Judging by the timing of some of the pro CL posters - very few if any attend games.

merseyjambo

The time to do something about CL was at the end of last season. Doing something now when our budget is mostly used up is going to do nothing.

We are still short of quality in several areas which need to be addressed before the window closes. 

We are relying on 3 injury prone players to make a difference. We are still ponderous in attack and lack a midfielder who will grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drive us forward. 

CL thinks our forward line is fine. Washington should hit double figures in the league. Uche probably 6-8. Then the rest maybe another 6-8. 

I don’t want and never have wanted CL in charge as I think his style of play is outdated but it looks like we are stuck with him.

Unless things change, I don’t see us finishing in the top 4. We are not going to score enough goals to do that. His over reliance on Naismith will see to that.

Things do need to change but unfortunately it appears another season of mediocrity awaits

Mr Elwood P
8 hours ago, siegementality said:

11 or 22 😂😂😂😂😂

How many games would you give it before pissing your panties? (Again).

8 hours ago, siegementality said:

Berra and Uche will feature a loss less this season.

Wrong. Berra is club captain and will play. Uche will play more Premiership games this season, not less!

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm no Levein hater but that's now 2 game isn a row where apparently we'd have got ten on another day.  Can't wait for that other day to come...

Early signs are that it's going to be a long frustrating season yet again. To hell with this squeakly clean image that Budge wants to foster, I personally don't mind if we get controversial types in (Lafferty and Cummings) at least they have an arrogance about them and know the route to the goals.

It's early season, but the outlook at present is not promising!   

sandylejambo

To the people that go on about "the Levein haters" ask yourself " why do they hate him"? I didn't want him gone at the start, but I sure as hell want him gone now, the football we are being asked to pay for has not been worth the cash, and this season so far looks like a continuation of last season, not addressing the midfied problem that has been staring him in the face for months is a dereliction of duty, Stevie Wonder could see we have a real problem in that area and for him to say he's hoping to get someone in is a joke at this stage of our build up to the league starting. Yes I'm Levein hater, but I wasn't always, I just don't like going home after the football feeling angry.

old school tie

The  Levein sycophants pinning their hopes on Naismith and his glass knees  is quite worrying :cornette_dog:

10 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I'll bite

Dross.. 5th and 6th place? not good but dross?

lc semi and a sc final last season?

Beating celtic 4-0, winning at ER for the first time in a while, besting Aberdeen a good few times, the exciting start to last season.

Your either about 15 or if older an idiot imo.

The fans are only divided buy those who actually want us beat so they can pursue their Levein out pish. Everyone else is united in Hearts winning games.

On tonight's thread, posters celebrated Stenny's goal, on a cup final poll- some wanted us beat, on the last derby some posters wanted us beat. 

IMO these fans can gtf.

Your expectations are obviously fairly low in that case. The football has been terrible to watch for the past few seasons and no indication of any improvement in the LC games whatsoever.

Look while it was great getting to the LC semi we were demolished and our SC cup final run couldn’t have been more straightforward but again we almost made a mess of things against a club fighting relegation in the division below.

You’ve highlighted a win over Celtic which was the only memorable moment of an otherwise dire season and winning at ER should hardly be a benchmark of any sort of success considering the regularity we used to win there. It’s under Levein’s stewardship as manager and DOF we went on a horrendous run of not beating Hibs.

You clearly believe Levein is the right man for the job which is your opinion but how you can have such issues with others wanting him gone baffles me. Proper Hearts fans also do not want us to lose any game but this topic isn’t going to go away and if you can provide evidence of supporters wanting us to lose to Hibs that’d be great because I’ve never seen that personally.

Edited by SteauaNeedarest

No tempo against a bottom tier team, no addressing of the obvious midfield issue, no change of style/formation, no passion, I sincerely hope to be proved wrong but I fear we are all set to struggle for top six.

Our hopes seem to rest on Naismith (Obvious has injury woes) and a centre half come midfielder who is also crooked for the time being.

Get Bozy back on the bench and give young Irving the gig and hopefully get an old hardened pro in alongside him and/or Clare to help them develop.

Strikers have got f@nny fright and they look short on confidence already. 

Like him, loathe him or anything in between our DOF/Coach/Manager/Bottle washer hasn't fully addressed issues that have existed for way too long!

siegementality
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How many games would you give it before pissing your panties? (Again).

Wrong. Berra is club captain and will play. Uche will play more Premiership games this season, not less!

I’ve long lost the urge to piss my panties about a Levein Hearts team. I’ve resigned myself to watching more shite for the whole of next season. I know I’ll not be disappointed then.

Wrong? I didn’t say Berra wouldn’t play, if you’d bothered to read the post properly you’ll see I said he’d feature less. As for being the club captain, and? That guarantees you a starting place does it?  We will see about Uche. If he plays more then I’ll refer to my first paragraph, I know I’ll be watching shite for the whole season.

Edited by siegementality

merseyjambo
11 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I'll bite

Dross.. 5th and 6th place? not good but dross?

lc semi and a sc final last season?

Beating celtic 4-0, winning at ER for the first time in a while, besting Aberdeen a good few times, the exciting start to last season.

Your either about 15 or if older an idiot imo.

The fans are only divided buy those who actually want us beat so they can pursue their Levein out pish. Everyone else is united in Hearts winning games.

On tonight's thread, posters celebrated Stenny's goal, on a cup final poll- some wanted us beat, on the last derby some posters wanted us beat. 

IMO these fans can gtf.

League Cup last season, we were bloody lucky to get that far. The cock up with the player registration should have cost us 3 points but that would have meant the game against Inverness was a dead rubber for TV purposes, therefore they deducted us 2 giving us the chance to qualify. We struggled at Dunfermline, convinced against Motherwell and got well and truly emptied by Celtic.

Scottish Cup was the easiest run you could get. Apart from livi, we got the weakest team in the hat in every round. Still got to beat them but you expect to be winning those games. 

For or a team with our wage bill we should be closely matching Aberdeen not finishing behind Killie with an inferior wage bill and behind Hibs. 

4-0 against Celtic was 18 months ago. What did we get for it, 3 points. Points!!!!! The same as Hibs got in 1973 for beating us 7-0 and we take the pi$$ out of them for that. Are we still going to be going on about this in 40 years???? Winning at ER. Embarrassing that as a club our record there in the Budge era is truly woeful. I’ve been fortunate enough to have witnessed us ripping the pi$$ out of them there at will yet we are now claiming one victory in 5 years there as some sort of standard to accept. Lets also not forget our loss at home to them. Let’s also talk about Aberdeen. Their record at Tynecastle is as crap as ours is at Pitoddrie. We can hardly claim it’s besting them. Yet you seem to think that an even record against them, one victory at ER and a win against Celtic are reasons to keep a manager. What about getting thumped 5-0 at Livi and failing to beat them in the league last season, losing at home to Dundee, struggling at home against teams like St Midden or Hamilton because we had no plan B to break down a team that sits in. And there is our problem, his tactics without one player struggles to break down a team that sits in. We lose Naismith again this season and we will struggle again. 

I agree that any fan who wants the team to lose is no fan that I want following the team. I understand the frustrations that they have but wanting the team to lose, no thanks. 

Sorry but I fail to get excited about an upcoming season where I see a squad that still has glaring deficiencies that he will still not fix. We are crying out for a penalty box poacher and a driving force in midfield. They have been needed for a long time but it’s not been resolved. His stubborn blind faith in his system and lack of Plan B will be our undoing yet again this season.

Mr Elwood P
15 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I’ve long lost the urge to piss my panties about a Levein Hearts team. I’ve resigned myself to watching more shite for the whole of next season. I know I’ll not be disappointed then.

Wrong? I didn’t say Berra wouldn’t play, if you’d bothered to read the post properly you’ll see I said he’d feature less. As for being the club captain, and? That guarantees you a starting place does it?  We will see about Uche. If he plays more then I’ll refer to my first paragraph, I know I’ll be watching shite for the whole season.

I think Berra will play more games if he’s not injured. He’s played almost every game of almost every season of his career. Uche only played 17 Premiership games last season. He will play more than that. Uche isn’t a guarantee of a poor standard of football. He creates lots of space for the more creative players on the park. Uche, Mulraney and Naismith provide a perfect combination of power, pace and guile. We shall see soon enough ...

6 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

League Cup last season, we were bloody lucky to get that far. The cock up with the player registration should have cost us 3 points but that would have meant the game against Inverness was a dead rubber for TV purposes, therefore they deducted us 2 giving us the chance to qualify. We struggled at Dunfermline, convinced against Motherwell and got well and truly emptied by Celtic.

Scottish Cup was the easiest run you could get. Apart from livi, we got the weakest team in the hat in every round. Still got to beat them but you expect to be winning those games. 

For or a team with our wage bill we should be closely matching Aberdeen not finishing behind Killie with an inferior wage bill and behind Hibs. 

4-0 against Celtic was 18 months ago. What did we get for it, 3 points. Points!!!!! The same as Hibs got in 1973 for beating us 7-0 and we take the pi$$ out of them for that. Are we still going to be going on about this in 40 years???? Winning at ER. Embarrassing that as a club our record there in the Budge era is truly woeful. I’ve been fortunate enough to have witnessed us ripping the pi$$ out of them there at will yet we are now claiming one victory in 5 years there as some sort of standard to accept. Lets also not forget our loss at home to them. Let’s also talk about Aberdeen. Their record at Tynecastle is as crap as ours is at Pitoddrie. We can hardly claim it’s besting them. Yet you seem to think that an even record against them, one victory at ER and a win against Celtic are reasons to keep a manager. What about getting thumped 5-0 at Livi and failing to beat them in the league last season, losing at home to Dundee, struggling at home against teams like St Midden or Hamilton because we had no plan B to break down a team that sits in. And there is our problem, his tactics without one player struggles to break down a team that sits in. We lose Naismith again this season and we will struggle again. 

I agree that any fan who wants the team to lose is no fan that I want following the team. I understand the frustrations that they have but wanting the team to lose, no thanks. 

Sorry but I fail to get excited about an upcoming season where I see a squad that still has glaring deficiencies that he will still not fix. We are crying out for a penalty box poacher and a driving force in midfield. They have been needed for a long time but it’s not been resolved. His stubborn blind faith in his system and lack of Plan B will be our undoing yet again this season.

Pretty much spot on with this post.

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, TheStig said:

It was getting mentioned a fair bit on here towards the end of the season when CL future was a big talking point.

Exactly, on here the looney bin. I don't think the club has said anything about the 5 year plan since Neilson left. The reason being it ended when he left as he was key to it. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

One thing about this thread. It’s pretty much every repetitive Levein oot bore you could want to put on ignore for the new season in one place.

I was thinking the same about the repetitive Levein excuse makers such as yourself! 👍

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Exactly, on here the looney bin. I don't think the club has said anything about the 5 year plan since Neilson left. The reason being it ended when he left as he was key to it. 

So the grand plan for HMFC crumbled when Neilson left - a manager who was a total failure in a lower league down south and one on charge of a team who could not beat East Fife at home!

Aye right!!

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So the grand plan for HMFC crumbled when Neilson left - a manager who was a total failure in a lower league down south and one on charge of a team who could not beat East Fife at home!

Aye right!!

He wasn't a failure here though. And with supposed supporters like you no wonder he ****ed off sharpish. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He wasn't a failure here though. And with supposed supporters like you no wonder he ****ed off sharpish. 

Oh right it was all the fans fault - how could I forget!  😂

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

While Neilson was not a bad manager for Hearts, let’s not pretend the type of football we played under him shortly after coming up wasn’t pretty shit at times. 

Robbo-Jambo
3 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Pretty hard to argue with the above tbh

MR INCREDIBLE

He was 8 mins away from walking or the sack. 

There is no way even he could have the brass neck to carry on after giving Cathro the bullet for failing in the same competition. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic