Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Careful mate. You’ll stir the fanboys. They’re plotting a cunning plan as we speak. You’re a Hibby coz you’ve no got a million posts. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

been here before
1 minute ago, Carronlea Jambo said:

I don't post on here often

Before I get any "troll" feedback I am a long term ST holder, Wheatfield F.

If anybody thinks that this team is ready to challenge then they are as delusional as our manager.

We are TOOTHLESS and SPINELESS. We are not in any way shape or form any better than the toothless and spineless team from last season that won 1 game in 12 or whatever it was. A half decent performance in the Cup Final plus a late victory over a League 2 team will no doubt keep this man in a job but we are in for a long, hard season ahead. Why are we willing to accept this?

Pretty good post that. Well worthy of its own thread

Surprised those points have never been raised before.

3 minutes ago, kila said:

OK it is still 'pre season' given it is only July, but I am starting to fear the worst again!

Not having a go at you, but this “pre-season” chat does my head in. Pre-season finished for us on July 12th. We’re now in the middle of a campaign in one of the only two tournaments we have a realistic chance of winning. 

It was the same after we were pumped out of Europe by the Maltese team. All sorts of chronic “once the season starts” comments.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't know about toothless or spineless but the "less" I would use is "clueless". There is not one inventive idea in that team at all and no one willing to try anything different.

I said Levein should go at the end of last season as we need new thinking. However, this will continue until the FoH takeover is complete then Levein will step down.

Sigh.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What “context” is ‘a very good Hearts team once struggled about 30 years ago’?

Total irrelevance I’m afraid.

Only if it suits you.    The point is that struggles vs small teams is not a new phenomenon for this current Hearts team.     That was the point of the original observation.     Nothing more.     No excuses being offered.

It seems to me to be rather backwards and dysfunctional to obtusely discredit any observations that challenge the group wallow.    Sad.

Have a wallow then.    

Guest ToqueJambo

I usually avoid KB after a defeat. Might have to extend that to after a win, too. 

If your first reaction after Hearts winning a game - in JULY! - is to have a moan, you need your head examined. The whole point is winning games. It's July FFS. We will get better. Try looking for positives, eg about a million chances created, our new defender being a scoring machine, more game time for two very promising youngsters, and, oh yeah, we won!

Of course there are downsides: Clare was poor, Uche can't shoot, our cutting edge up front is still awol. But it is still July.

3 minutes ago, Carronlea Jambo said:

If anybody thinks that this team is ready to challenge then they are as delusional as our manager.

We are TOOTHLESS and SPINELESS. We are not in any way shape or form any better than the toothless and spineless team from last season that won 1 game in 12 or whatever it was. A half decent performance in the Cup Final plus a late victory over a League 2 team will no doubt keep this man in a job but we are in for a long, hard season ahead. Why are we willing to accept this?

You're not accepting it, you're slavering Shite on JKB.

You'll get applauded and lauded by many.

Well done you.

GorgieRules22

On the way home from the game and yet to speak to anyone that thinks Levein should be in a job.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Carronlea Jambo said:

Which team? The team that started today or this team:

Zlamal

Smith Halkett Souttar Hickey

Walker Haring AN Other Mulraney

Naismith Uche

4 minutes ago, leginten said:

Not having a go at you, but this “pre-season” chat does my head in. Pre-season finished for us on July 12th. We’re now in the middle of a campaign in one of the only two tournaments we have a realistic chance of winning. 

It was the same after we were pumped out of Europe by the Maltese team. All sorts of chronic “once the season starts” comments.

That's a good point.

We're really struggling in this group. 

Sorry, but delusional is a .net word.  They use it all the time.

Not suggesting you are one of them for a moment but the thread title put me right off.

Not disagreeing with your sentiments though.  Is levein ever going to find a striker who can find the net?  It would seem that Cumdog's granny would be a better bet than anything we've got or pretty much anything we've had since Robbo.

ford donald
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

On the way home from the game and yet to speak to anyone that thinks Levein should be in a job.

Unfortunately AB does.

I'm sorry but things need to get better after that. Yes it's only July but it's still a competitive fixture and that was utter utter dross. If that is what we have to expect to be served up this season then we are in for a tough time over the next 10 months. 

Haringshairband
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I usually avoid KB after a defeat. Might have to extend that to after a win, too. 

If your first reaction after Hearts winning a game - in JULY! - is to have a moan, you need your head examined. The whole point is winning games. It's July FFS. We will get better. Try looking for positives, eg about a million chances created, our new defender being a scoring machine, more game time for two very promising youngsters, and, oh yeah, we won!

Of course there are downsides: Clare was poor, Uche can't shoot, our cutting edge up front is still awol. But it is still July.

I get what you're saying but it's difficult to remain positive when the same weaknesses are on show for 2 season's and haven't yet been addressed for the coming season. Levein is failing and this squad needs new impetus via a new forward thinking manager.

12 minutes ago, Carronlea Jambo said:

👏👏

25 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Jammy T will be along soon to tell us we’re not real fans and this was a top performance.

He’s not the only one. Fanboys everywhere. 

Archie White
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Zlamal

Naismith Uche

If you honestly think this team of players will get us into the top 4 (where we should be at least) then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.  

Don’t think is need to be too dramatic. Disappointing result but solution seems clear, we are not good enough to play 4-4-2. We need three in the middle of the park to get a foothold on the game (against anyone). This is not Salvatori and Cameron, we need to work around our current limitations in the middle of the park. 4-3-3, walker and Mulraney in wide areas, Washington up top, Naismith in behind. Things will improve thereafter. 

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Zlamal

Naismith Uche

Like that lot will ever all be fit at the same time...

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

I get what you're saying but it's difficult to remain positive when the same weaknesses are on show for 2 season's and haven't yet been addressed for the coming season. Levein is failing and this squad needs new impetus via a new forward thinking manager.

Some folk don't seem to get any pleasure from football. I enjoy a win personally.

13 minutes ago, Carronlea Jambo said:

If we sign a couple of decent midfielders I think our season will be better.

Performances so far not good enough. I wonder how much our over spend on building the main stand together with our large investment in women’s football is impacting the playing budget.

The kneejerkers can only operate in an extreme manner which frequently results in reactions like this OP.

For the rest it's more of a case of quietly recognising another poor performance without running the knickers up the flag pole.     Remembering the poor form of last season and preparing to accept that little progress has been made... but without abandoning all hope at this early juncture.

HOW ****ING MAD AM I?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Archie White said:

If you honestly think this team of players will get us into the top 4 (where we should be at least) then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.  

You think Hibs and Killie have better first teams?

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Some folk don't seem to get any pleasure from football. I enjoy a win personally.

I enjoy a win but I want to see progress too. The manner of the win was poor. Now if it had been Hibs we were playing and we came up with two late goals like that I would be ecstatic.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You think Hibs and Killie have better first teams?

You play the game on paper far too much.

Equally, if you use that game and project forward, teams like Hamilton and Ross County are going to come to Tynie to sit in and steal on the break and will succeed quite frequently. That team, bar Naismith, has bugger all in the way of creativity.

10 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Get a whip round going and hire a plane mate. 

I love when threads start with where people sit and how long they’ve been a fan for 😂

Poor performance no doubt but nothing is going to change unless Levein steps down and for me changing manager this stage is panicking for no major reason. Ultimately we want to finish top of the group and we’ll do that with a win/ draw on Saturday. 

copa-mundial

Granted it's still early-ish, but there's no denying the early warning signs are visible. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Haringshairband said:

I enjoy a win but I want to see progress too. The manner of the win was poor. Now if it had been Hibs we were playing and we came up with two late goals like that I would be ecstatic.

Progress from what? It's early season LC qualifiers. Fitness and staying in the competition are all that matters to me. I am concerned about the strikers not scoring but we're certainly creating chances. I'm generally a positive sort though when it comes to Hearts. Anyone who's follow them for over 30 years has to be.

Finlay James

So, if we lost - Levein out

If we win comfortably - It's only Stenhousemuir and no matter who we beat this season, it doesn't matter as we've been shite for two years

We scrape the win - Couldn't care that we won, we didn't win in the right way

New season, same old snowflakes 😂😂

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You play the game on paper far too much.

Equally, if you use that game and project forward, teams like Hamilton and Ross County are going to come to Tynie to sit in and steal on the break and will succeed quite frequently. That team, bar Naismith, has bugger all in the way of creativity.

Well, do they? They are our competitors for 4th.

Don’t mind levein tbh, but he’s gonna need to get someone scoring or this season is going to torture. Ffs why can’t he just sign a striker who doesn’t have to double up as a defender.

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

You're not accepting it, you're slavering Shite on JKB.

You'll get applauded and lauded by many.

Well done you.

Do you ever post anything that isn’t a personal insult or telling us Craig is going nowhere?  Go on, enlighten us with your football knowledge / thoughts for a change.  Do you have any?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well, do they? They are our competitors for 4th.

If I was looking at the squad on paper, I would say we are better. I said that last season too and look what happened.

That game would give me pause for thought on whether I'm overrating our players.

Bazzas right boot

This thread getting bumped after every goal we concede is ridiculous.

Haringshairband

I'll allow you all to celebrate a monumental win against Stenhousemuir while I worry about the season ahead.

I wasn’t impressed with tonight but let’s wait a bit ? It’s clear up front there’s an issue but give them a chance to get up to speed. A fit Haring and Naismith will be huge for us. 

8586E27B-4590-4F6C-AB94-8654F8F7E4EE.jpeg

Edited by 1971fozzy

Bazzas right boot

Tommy Wright wouldn't suffer these type  of results if he was our manager…...

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Haringshairband said:

I'll allow you all to celebrate a monumental win against Stenhousemuir while I worry about the season ahead.

You do that, worry your little self to sleep.

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You’ve just done it. 

CloustonHMFC

Sorry but have I missed something? Are we not top of our group? Are we not unbeaten?

We’ve had some terrible league cup campaigns and teams from previous seasons would have folded at 1-0 down. You simply can’t judge performances vs lower league teams as you would against an Aberdeen or a Killie. Stenny, like Cowdenbeath and United (for the most part) spent the vast majority of the game with 10 or 11 players behind the ball. That’s not going to be the case during the league season and more space will open up.

I’m comfortable with the direction we’re heading at the moment. Yes there’s things to work on but fans were screaming for a more attacking approach, we’ve started with that but it takes time for everyone to be settled with the style of play. 

Haringshairband
Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You do that, worry your little self to sleep.

Don't be a patronising bell chief

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The thread got bumped because Stenny went 1 up with ten mins left. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

Sorry but have I missed something? Are we not top of our group? Are we not unbeaten?

We’ve had some terrible league cup campaigns and teams from previous seasons would have folded at 1-0 down. You simply can’t judge performances vs lower league teams as you would against an Aberdeen or a Killie. Stenny, like Cowdenbeath and United (for the most part) spent the vast majority of the game with 10 or 11 players behind the ball. That’s not going to be the case during the league season and more space will open up.

I’m comfortable with the direction we’re heading at the moment. Yes there’s things to work on but fans were screaming for a more attacking approach, we’ve started with that but it takes time for everyone to be settled with the style of play. 

St Bribery? Hamilton? Ross County? Livingston?

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

The thread got bumped because Stenny went 1 up with ten mins left. 

:) 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Don't be a patronising bell chief

I think by saying we can celebrate the win v Stenny and you will worry about the season ahaed makes that comment above redundant.

If you post patronising guff, expect it back with interest, chief.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic