Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Levein got let off the hook tonight. 

This squad will struggle this season sadly. 

We've surely got the budget for better in midfield and attack as these guys are for the most part really poor quality. 

Defensively we've recruited well. Halkett is a great bit of business. 

You have to then wonder wtf goes on in Levein's head for the other positions. 

He has not got a clue about playing decent Attacking football. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

The thread got bumped because Stenny went 1 up with ten mins left. 

Every goal we concede or defeat it will be bumped.

Embarrassing doesn't quite cover it.

10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Do you ever post anything that isn’t a personal insult or telling us Craig is going nowhere?  Go on, enlighten us with your football knowledge / thoughts for a change.  Do you have any?

Are you suggesting my inciteful knowledge that Craig isn't going anywhere isn't in fact actual football knowledge, think you've made yourself look pretty foolish there tbh. 

50 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:rofl:

****ing hell, there really is no end to the tenuous excuses.

We’ve been shite for ages now. And will continue to be so under this set up. You’d only disagree if you know nothing about what you’re watching.

🤣😂😂 what a load of tosh 

We needed a central defender to go up top against Stenhousemuir.

It worked, yes. But it is really worrying.

7 of us after that shambles of a performance agreed 100% Ann Budge needs to get a new manager who knows what they are doing. 

He was fortunate tonight. A wins a win in cup football so fair enough. Let’s just wait until we have the likes of Naismith and Haring back before we demand the noose.

This season the L cup has thrown up some bizarre results and performances. Very early days

Just now, Artful Dodger said:

Are you suggesting my inciteful knowledge that Craig isn't going anywhere isn't in fact actual football knowledge, think you've made yourself look pretty foolish there tbh. 

Dodger,    I think if you're not currently mid-jump under a train tonight then you're a "fanboy" or "happy clapper" or some other bizzare classification.

No middle ground opinion is being tolerated tonight whilst the group wail is in progress.    

I suppose you have to credit Levein for signing Halkett, despite the otherwise shocking display.

Seymour M Hersh
35 minutes ago, TheStig said:

5 year plan thats why. Or so we keep being told.

When did they last mention it? Today? Yesterday? Last week? When? 

13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I wasn’t impressed with tonight but let’s wait a bit ? It’s clear up front there’s an issue but give them a chance to get up to speed. A fit Haring and Naismith will be huge for us. 

8586E27B-4590-4F6C-AB94-8654F8F7E4EE.jpeg

Where did the 7 unaccounted for shots go?

Looked a worried man and was getting dogs abuse from main stand even after we scored

Edited by Newton51

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Hercules said:

You’ve just done it. 

We even conceding goals when we aren't playing now.... ffs mad Levein oot!

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

7 of us after that shambles of a performance agreed 100% Ann Budge needs to get a new manager who knows what they are doing. 

Haven't you got 10 digits like the rest of us Mitch ?

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Every goal we concede or defeat it will be bumped.

Embarrassing doesn't quite cover it.

Yet it wasn’t in the slightest worrying concerning or embarrassing going 1 down with ten left to a bottom division side?  

Surely there aren't any fans left who think he shouldn't be binned!? We've just toiled to break down a group of boys who have been working all day! 

I've always been what you would call a 'happy Clapper' but enough has been enough for at least 6 months now. 

Modern football passed levein by at least 15 years ago.

20 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I love when threads start with where people sit and how long they’ve been a fan for 😂

Poor performance no doubt but nothing is going to change unless Levein steps down and for me changing manager this stage is panicking for no major reason. Ultimately we want to finish top of the group and we’ll do that with a win/ draw on Saturday. 

When exactly do we change him then? 

If I was AB he would of been gone after the cup final. Win or loss.

We have finished 6th in the last 2 seasons under him and haven’t been close to a top 3 place. We have had a very fortunate draw in the SC last year. I don’t see reaching the SC final as an achievement last year, it was an expectation given the rank rotten teams we played. 

The football all is completely rotten to watch. There is no sense of excitement/entertainment on offer (with exception of the start of last season).

he has been completely backed in every transfer window, which he has made a hole of most of the signings. We actually broke our budget for Sean Clare. 

His record this calendar year is terrible. I think since April we have only beat ICT, Cowdenbeath and Stenny.

so when do you replace him?

when we are in October and floating around the bottom of the table?

4 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

You come over as a person who knows nothing about the game and fortunatly you are in the minority.

Randy Marsh
10 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Sorry but have I missed something? Are we not top of our group? Are we not unbeaten?

We’ve had some terrible league cup campaigns and teams from previous seasons would have folded at 1-0 down. You simply can’t judge performances vs lower league teams as you would against an Aberdeen or a Killie. Stenny, like Cowdenbeath and United (for the most part) spent the vast majority of the game with 10 or 11 players behind the ball. That’s not going to be the case during the league season and more space will open up.

I’m comfortable with the direction we’re heading at the moment. Yes there’s things to work on but fans were screaming for a more attacking approach, we’ve started with that but it takes time for everyone to be settled with the style of play. 

Might be top of our group but we wont get an easy draw in the last 16 now.  A convincing victory tonight would have helped.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

I suppose you have to credit Levein for signing Halkett, despite the otherwise shocking display.

If the display was shocking we'd have been beat.

Winning 2-1 is not "shocking" it is poor and in need of improvement for sure, but not " shocking"

St mirren and  St Johnstone had had shocking results.

More perspective and less drama is required.

heartandsoul
2 minutes ago, Miko said:

Surely there aren't any fans left who think he shouldn't be binned!? We've just toiled to break down a group of boys who have been working all day! 

I've always been what you would call a 'happy Clapper' but enough has been enough for at least 6 months now. 

Great post

Mr Elwood P

Only the most idiotic fans would be asking for the manager to be sacked after actually winning a game. Especially given that we created 30 shots during that game ...

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

You come over as a person who knows nothing about the game and fortunatly you are in the minority.

Because I said CL wasn't getting sacked and wasn't going anywhere. Yes, I know nothing right enough.

37 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I don't know about toothless or spineless but the "less" I would use is "clueless". There is not one inventive idea in that team at all and no one willing to try anything different.

I said Levein should go at the end of last season as we need new thinking. However, this will continue until the FoH takeover is complete then Levein will step down.

Sigh.

I am afraid that is very much it.  Nothing will change until FoH move in.

It might just be that Levein does not have the 5th element.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Only the most idiotic fans would be asking for the manager to be sacked after actually winning a game. Especially given that we created 30 shots during that game ...

What about asking for the manager to be sacked after picking up circa 23 points in 24 games?

Tonight isnt the catalyst. It is simply the reminder

People using the fact we are unbeaten in a group of dross as a measuring stick of progress. Baffling. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Might be top of our group but we wont get an easy draw in the last 16 now.  A convincing victory tonight would have helped.

We could end up with the vermin pipping us on goal difference for the seeding.

41 minutes ago, been here before said:

Pretty good post that. Well worthy of its own thread

Surprised those points have never been raised before.

You jest sir I have it on good authority that you are the joker in the pack. Come ye Come ye and witness the joker who has been here before when Cathro was in charge.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Miko said:

What about asking for the manager to be sacked after picking up circa 23 points in 24 games?

Tonight isnt the catalyst. It is simply the reminder

That was last season. New season, we've taken 8 points from a possible 9. We are likely going to win the group. Job done. Onto the Premiership campaign. We need to give it 11 or 22 games of the 2019/20 season to see where we are.

3 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Because I said CL wasn't getting sacked and wasn't going anywhere. Yes, I know nothing right enough.

You have it in one.

3 minutes ago, whytebeard said:

When exactly do we change him then? 

If I was AB he would of been gone after the cup final. Win or loss.

We have finished 6th in the last 2 seasons under him and haven’t been close to a top 3 place. We have had a very fortunate draw in the SC last year. I don’t see reaching the SC final as an achievement last year, it was an expectation given the rank rotten teams we played. 

The football all is completely rotten to watch. There is no sense of excitement/entertainment on offer (with exception of the start of last season).

he has been completely backed in every transfer window, which he has made a hole of most of the signings. We actually broke our budget for Sean Clare. 

His record this calendar year is terrible. I think since April we have only beat ICT, Cowdenbeath and Stenny.

so when do you replace him?

when we are in October and floating around the bottom of the table?

I agree the time for him to move on was the end of last season.

We know only too well how much of a risk it is to sack a manager during these league cup group games. The players will have done a full preseason setting up in a particular way and the players bought will have been brought in by that manager. A month isn’t a long enough time to turn everything around.

Personally I think Levein will step down at the end of this season but unless things get severely bad it’s just simply not going to happen.

Saying that I’m not wetting my pants just yet. Hibs, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock haven’t made convincing starts so I don’t think it’s a guarantee that we won’t be 3rd/ 4th.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

That was last season. New season, we've taken 8 points from a possible 9. We are likely going to win the group. Job done. Onto the Premiership campaign. We need to give it 11 or 22 games of the 2019/20 season to see where we are.

I understand where you are coming from but I'm yet to hear a reason why he has been allowed another season to "see where we are".

He is getting the absolute bare minimum out of this squad.

Weve just played 3 lower league teams (2 at home) and our goal difference is +3. Surely that is concerning for you?

9 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Haven't you got 10 digits like the rest of us Mitch ?

Just checked I have 7 digits after an accident that cost me 3 digits.

I'll never play the fiddle again.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Plodding along mid table probably

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We could end up with the vermin pipping us on goal difference for the seeding.

Its very likely.  We would probably have to score 5 or 6 against East Fife.

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Well it isn’t football knowledge is it?  It’s your opinion and an incorrect one.  He clearly will be going somewhere unless you think he will be Hearts manager for infinity and beyond?

Where do you think we’ll finish in the league this season?  What areas of the team need strengthening?

Mr Elwood P

I understand where you are coming from but I'm yet to hear a reason why he has been allowed another season to "see where we are".

He is getting the absolute bare minimum out of this squad.

Weve just played 3 lower league teams (2 at home) and our goal difference is +3. Surely that is concerning for you?

I'd be concerned if we had played our strongest team in these games. A lot of rotation, a lot of player catching up on fitness. Once we've got Naismith playing and the rest of the new guys up to speed I'll be worried if we aren't winning on a consistent basis. 

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Just checked I have 7 digits after an accident that cost me 3 digits.

I'll never play the fiddle again.

Try typing with the 7 you have left instead of your forehead in future then please.

Cheers. 

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You can’t just put a black marker pen through last season when you are discussing the same manager.  

51 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Careful mate. You’ll stir the fanboys. They’re plotting a cunning plan as we speak. You’re a Hibby coz you’ve no got a million posts. 

Bit early for the CL fanboys.....but they’ll be right along soon with their usual excuses!

5 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I agree the time for him to move on was the end of last season.

We know only too well how much of a risk it is to sack a manager during these league cup group games. The players will have done a full preseason setting up in a particular way and the players bought will have been brought in by that manager. A month isn’t a long enough time to turn everything around.

Personally I think Levein will step down at the end of this season but unless things get severely bad it’s just simply not going to happen.

Saying that I’m not wetting my pants just yet. Hibs, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock haven’t made convincing starts so I don’t think it’s a guarantee that we won’t be 3rd/ 4th.

I was wetting me pants at 0-1 but they dried out. That team tonight is doing nowt in the league

53 minutes ago, ScoPo said:

The run to the cup final was probably the easiest route any club has ever had.  Celtic were abysmal and we still couldn't beat them.  

Not having that - The rules for the cup competition are clear  Tribute Act get the lowest rated club at home almost every draw .........Naw??

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If I was looking at the squad on paper, I would say we are better. I said that last season too and look what happened.

That game would give me pause for thought on whether I'm overrating our players.

We were better until we got injuries. Even then we were better in the cup.

52 minutes ago, TheStig said:

5 year plan thats why. Or so we keep being told.

Is it a rolling 5 year plan that renews itself every season?? 🤔

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Well it isn’t football knowledge is it?  It’s your opinion and an incorrect one.  He clearly will be going somewhere unless you think he will be Hearts manager for infinity and beyond?

Where do you think we’ll finish in the league this season?  What areas of the team need strengthening?

It's the correct summation so far and has been correct whilst all around us lose their Shit.

I've predicted our outcome on other relevant threads and feel no inclination to regurgitate the same on this cracker. 

Enjoy the win. 

Or not.

Our league cup performances have been really poor and hardly cause for optimism. Hope to god we turn up at Pittodrie on day 1 and give us some reason to be excited.

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

You can’t just put a black marker pen through last season when you are discussing the same manager.  

You lot manage to put a black marker pen straight through the entire start of last season, the League Cup run and the Scottish Cup run ...

Byyy The Light
31 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I wasn’t impressed with tonight but let’s wait a bit ? It’s clear up front there’s an issue but give them a chance to get up to speed. A fit Haring and Naismith will be huge for us. 

8586E27B-4590-4F6C-AB94-8654F8F7E4EE.jpeg

😂😂😂 folk need to get a grip. Job done. Move on. If you all flap as much in real life I fear for you all. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic