Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

36 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Not following your logic there mate. If we win the cup 100%, if not there is nothing between us. 

I absolutely do not agree with you on the stable core. Our keepers are ordinary, Berra has serious question marks atm, Lee and Bozanic are not fit for purpose, ichpeazu is not a natural goalscorer & has little football about him and we do not have a left back or a consistent wide player. 

Our pluses to build a team around for me are at the back Souttar and the wonderfully consistent Smith. In midfield Haring is great on early season form, not so much since the injury, Clare promising but doesn't fit our system and Mulraney promising since Christmas. Naismith is great but the injury which has been triggered twice in non contact situations is worrying. Hopefully Halkett will be a good signing but you never know till you see them in maroon. 

The rest of our squad are either young and not ready (Burns and Wighton included) or stop gap like Maclean and Edwards. And Vanecek! 

It's a squad which could conceivably improve but I don't see that happening under the current coaching set up

Of course you don't. Is there anything about Hearts you like?

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

davemclaren
26 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Great post - however those with their heads well and truly stuck in the sand may not agree with you!

Apart from the fact that we beat Celtic this season and last season so it is possible. 

14 hours ago, redjambo said:

When it comes to facts, exaggerating them is the same as getting them wrong.

His point was a good one (sort of - look at the table I produced and you will see that we are roughly where we should be, playing budget-wise), but I can't hack folk making up "facts". Despite this being the case for much of human history, with social media it has become even more prevalent nowadays. If we don't counter misinformation then we will be swimming in the a sea of it and unable to make good decisions. All I asked was for him to back up his statement with a source, which of course he couldn't do.

Or do you think folk should be just be able to make up "facts" as they go along?

It's a minor point relative to the whole question of whether Levein should stay or go, granted, and I can't believe I'm still having to argue this here (unless you've decided to have a prod at the tiger in the cage, which I wouldn't put past you, my dear ri ;)), but I don't regret pulling folk up on falsehoods when I see them. Just the way I rock I suppose.

??  MMMmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee???????!

?

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

I actually cannot believe some people are “ Still “ defending Craig Levein. Hearts Legend? Absolutely & always will be. As a manager of the club going forward? Absolutely not his style of play alone is shocking to watch and let’s be honest very “ outdated “ and predictable. Can’t say him alone as a manager has pushed us any further forward as a club since Robbie Neilson left. Done a decent job at stabling the ship after Cathro, left but should of made a change after the 5-0 defeat to Livingston. Recruitment has been as bad at a club as I’ve ever seen John Murray head of recruitment? Another outdated man lingering around riccarton robbing a wage. Injuries again have been as bad as ive seen. Changes are clearly needed at the club at the end of the season, over to Ann let’s see if she has what it takes to do right by the club.

Edited by HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Bad Religion
1 hour ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

I actually cannot believe some people are “ Still “ defending Craig Levein. Hearts Legend? Absolutely & always will be. As a manager of the club going forward? Absolutely not his style of play alone is shocking to watch and let’s be honest very “ outdated “ and predictable. Can’t say him alone as a manager has pushed us any further forward as a club since Robbie Neilson left. Done a decent job at stabling the ship after Cathro, left but should of made a change after the 5-0 defeat to Livingston. Recruitment has been as bad at a club as I’ve ever seen John Murray head of recruitment? Another outdated man lingering around riccarton robbing a wage. Injuries again have been as bad as ive seen. Changes are clearly needed at the club at the end of the season, over to Ann let’s see if she has what it takes to do right by the club.

Jesus Christ. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Losing one of our 1st team players to Aberdeen is embarrassing in my eyes. 

You may think of it differently. 

I remember losing Scott Severin to Aberdeen after he also spoke about playing at the top level in England. Amazingly, I would say the peak of his career was at Tynecastle as well. I foresee something similar with Djoum.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Jesus Christ. 

You're on the wrong thread, mate. 

i wish jj was my dad
12 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

We should be able to. 

If we can't, we can't. But that's what i'm questioning. 

We've wasted so much money on dross. 

Hopefully, we will be able to soon but we can't ATM so no point getting bent out of shape about it

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Of course you don't. Is there anything about Hearts you like?

I've taken the time to appraise the squad, being positive about several players. What you are driving at is do I like our manager and coaching staff, principally because you are habitually defending them. The answer is I don't think they are fit for purpose but you clearly do despite overwhelming evidence suggesting otherwise. I support Hearts not Levein, Daly, MacPhee and Fox. I am not sure that's a view held by you or several others. 

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Apart from the fact that we beat Celtic this season and last season so it is possible. 

Fully aware of that Dave, the reason why I believe we will need to perform at a higher level than we have witnessed this season is doing that at Hampden. The pitch is that much bigger than Tynecastle and the experience of playing in the final is new for many of our players. Saw some of the Celtic game yesterday and I agree they're not in great form but then neither are we! 

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You are right, anything is possible however, even the most optimistic supporter has no real expectation of us returning to Gorgie with the cup. 

This is a seesaw thread for sure but it has to be said of late the balance has certainly been on the down side for CL. What is going to be going on in this thread later today is almost going to be more intriguing than the actual outcome of the game. Of course I want Hearts to go there and give them a doing... but if we get gubbed the entertainment on this thread will be a great evenings reading . I was originally supportive of CL but given the style of play and the numerous poor performances I find it difficult to find a positive from him remaining as manager... even if we manage to win the final against the tic. CL certainly steadied the ship after the Cathro affair but personally I have not seen a great deal of improvement in the style of play we are just so ponderous and predictable.

7 minutes ago, suds66 said:

You are right, anything is possible however, even the most optimistic supporter has no real expectation of us returning to Gorgie with the cup. 

When have we ever gone into a cup tie in Glasgow against either Rangers or Celtic  with expectations of returning with a victory??  Nothing new in current situation regardless of manager, form, players etc. 

5 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

I cannot believe some people STILL think that when people don't agree with the "Levein out" mob that they are actually defending him.  I. for one, have been unimpressed by the quality overall of our play but I do take into account the disruptive effect of injuries to top players at the same time and for longish spells, that have made it difficult for us to put out something approaching our best team and maintain continuity of selection.  If we hadd had the same selections with an "average" injury situation I would be screaming for his head.

Whether one likes him or not, no one can deny he has been dealt a tough hand this season.  A little understanding would not go amiss.

27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

When have we ever gone into a cup tie in Glasgow against either Rangers or Celtic  with expectations of returning with a victory??  Nothing new in current situation regardless of manager, form, players etc. 

Valid point, that said I can not remember a Hearts team going through to Glasgow  in the cup with us being as woeful  as we have been under Levein's stewardship. 

26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I cannot believe some people STILL think that when people don't agree with the "Levein out" mob that they are actually defending him.  I. for one, have been unimpressed by the quality overall of our play but I do take into account the disruptive effect of injuries to top players at the same time and for longish spells, that have made it difficult for us to put out something approaching our best team and maintain continuity of selection.  If we hadd had the same selections with an "average" injury situation I would be screaming for his head.

Whether one likes him or not, no one can deny he has been dealt a tough hand this season.  A little understanding would not go amiss.

One dimensional thinking, Al.

If you’re not demanding his removal, you’re a fan boy, or any one of a few other ridiculous terms !

Says a lot.

That said, I do respect the few who do put their point across in a fairly eloquent fashion.

Today, he will get my total support.

JamboGraham
43 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Valid point, that said I can not remember a Hearts team going through to Glasgow  in the cup with us being as woeful  as we have been under Levein's stewardship. 

2007/08 for me...8th in the table at the time (and we finished 8th), went to Celtic Park and won 2-0 in the QF of the League Cup.

11 hours ago, 7628mm said:

That is an extremely bold statement to say it is 100% the product on the park.

I would have thought that lavishing your clients with lots of good quality free food and drink would be the key as many of them have no interest in football. It is just a good day out on the sauce.

If it is all about the football to generate corporate investment then surely the club need to address this as a matter of urgency.

Surely the club did some serious market research on how to sell the corporate side of the business and it would appear have not done such a great job if it purely relies on the product on the park.

They offer an excellent corporate package and Scott Wilson in the Georgie Suite is an excellent host.  Filling up your guests with boose only goes so far - the football has to be entertaining for guests that are not die hard Jambos.

Edited by Thomaso

10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Corporate is for getting pissed. They usually miss half the game anyhow.

A well thought out contribution to the debate....

Edited by Thomaso

It should have been ten
14 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I presume you don't accept that the serious longish-term injuries to Berra, Souttar, Uche and Naismith had any bearing on our results achieved, not to mention Haring playing with a hernia and currently out.

We were top of the league, not 4th, when these injuries started to hit us.

And that's not counting some "strange" reffing decisions that went against us.

58 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

2 very good posts, well put. 

Edited by It should have been ten

Alex Kintner
11 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The lack of corporate take up is 100% down to the shit product on the park. Companies invite guests along to be entertained not watch boring negative eye bleeding football.

:rofl:

SardonicArtisticHart-max-1mb.gif

27 minutes ago, Boab said:

If you’re not demanding his removal, you’re a fan boy, or any one of a few other ridiculous terms !

Says a lot.

That said, I do respect the few who do put their point across in a fairly eloquent fashion.

Works both ways Boab - if you criticise Levein’s football you are a “Hibs fan” a “pant wetter” or some other abusive term.

It should have been ten
10 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

:rofl:

SardonicArtisticHart-max-1mb.gif

I got fed up reading his constant whining, slavering, drivel so I put him and his other account on ignore a couple of weeks ago. Then you share one of his posts ? cheers bud lol

Edited by It should have been ten

2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

I got fed up reading his constant slavering, drivel so I put him on ignore a couple of weeks ago. Then you share one of his posts ?? 

Hope it didn’t spoil your day! 

7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Works both ways Boab - if you criticise Levein’s football you are a “Hibs fan” a “pant wetter” or some other abusive term.

Of course, mate.

No thinking outside the box.

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

I got fed up reading his constant whining, slavering, drivel so I put him and his other account on ignore a couple of weeks ago. Then you share one of his posts ? cheers bud lol

Sorry mate. ?

I wouldn’t have him on ignore anyway though. The posts are pure comedy genius. Like the one I quoted about corporate. One of the best parody accounts I’ve seem for ages ???

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Sorry mate. ?

I wouldn’t have him on ignore anyway though. The posts are pure comedy genius. Like the one I quoted about corporate. One of the best parody accounts I’ve seem for ages ???

Aye true, there is that side of it. You're not kidding there ?? ??

45 minutes ago, Boab said:

Says a lot.

I am aware that's their problem which is why I made that post but thanks for agreeing.

If you do want his removal without taking into account relevant factors, you're not a true supporting Jambo, or you're a pant-wetter or someone with a huge sense of entitlement.

Just now, JamboAl said:

I am aware that's their problem which is why I made that post but thanks for agreeing.

If you do want his removal without taking into account relevant factors, you're not a true supporting Jambo, or you're a pant-wetter or someone with a huge sense of entitlement.

Not getting involved in a bun fight with detractors, Al.

Following Hearts has never been easy.

People hiring planes etc puzzle me. What does that shit mean ?

Crazy !

I’m happy for CL to see out the season. If we finish 6th and bomb the final, i’m pretty sure a decision will be made.

If that happens and he decides to see out his last year of contract, well, it won’t stop me going.

15 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Sorry mate. ?

Glad you enjoy my posts Frank - I’m afraid I find yours a bit sad. ☹️

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Where would we be without the old “sense of entitlement” comment eh.  ?

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not getting involved in a bun fight with detractors, Al.

Following Hearts has never been easy.

People hiring planes etc puzzle me. What does that shit mean ?

Crazy !

I’m happy for CL to see out the season. If we finish 6th and bomb the final, i’m pretty sure a decision will be made.

If that happens and he decides to see out his last year of contract, well, it won’t stop me going.

"Detractors" is a negative term.

You are one of the detractors and I know full well about the "joys" of supporting HMFC.

I am happy for CL to see out this season and the next ten if he can get a winning team playing decent football.

The man himself doesn't bother me - it's what he produces that counts and the related circumstances.

Lastly, you say you don't want a bun fight.  Can I suggest therefore that you do not put forward prejudicial views and expect them to go unchallenged.

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Can you no give it a rest anf focus on getting behind the team for one day? 

Just now, JamboAl said:

"Detractors" is a negative term.

You are one of the detractors and I know full well about the "joys" of supporting HMFC.

I am happy for CL to see out this season and the next ten if he can get a winning team playing decent football.

The man himself doesn't bother me - it's what he produces that counts and the related circumstances.

Lastly, you say you don't want a bun fight.  Can I suggest therefore that you do not put forward prejudicial views and expect them to go unchallenged.

I’m not really, Al.

I think you’re getting me mixed up.

Calm doon, mate.

8 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Can you no give it a rest anf focus on getting behind the team for one day? 

OK you’re right!!!

HHGH!  ❤️

Cruyff Turn

CL saying that he will sign 4 top notch quality players that will improve the starting XI for next season.

?  

Looking forward to seeing how Cochrane and Connor Smith do...hopefully this is a sign that Craig’s taking the shackles off and we have a real go at them.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

CL saying that he will sign 4 top notch quality players that will improve the starting XI for next season.

?  

If CL's top notch quality players include curtis main we are ****ed.

i wish jj was my dad
5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

OK you’re right!!!

HHGH!  ❤️

?:robboyas:

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

If CL's top notch quality players include curtis main we are ****ed.

I doubt Main comes into that category. At least, I ****ing hope not.

24 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That's a very insightful and constructive contribution to the thread.  Well done.

Edited by JamboAl

22 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m not really, Al.

I think you’re getting me mixed up.

Calm doon, mate.

I'm calm enough.

You are the one with the gripe.

Sort yourself out.

siegementality
18 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

?  

That better be four not including Naismith.

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's a very insightful and constructive contribution to the thread.  Well done.

Cheers ?

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm calm enough.

You are the one with the gripe.

Sort yourself out.

Pre match nerves Al?

It should have been ten
51 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

:spoton: :spoton:

Cruyff Turn
7 minutes ago, siegementality said:

That better be four not including Naismith.

I don’t think it does. 

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Pre match nerves Al?

Not any more than usual for a derby.

All derbies are one-off games when anything can happen so it's pointless getting too worked up.

If we win I'll not be going out and getting wasted nor will I throw myself off a bridge if we lose.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic