Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I'm actually the Governor and Enzo

I"m also Geoff the Mince and Frank Spencer too. Cover is blown now, time to bail out. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

Who’s rick witter?

He's a hybrid of Governor Tarkin and Hendricks.

BOBTHEBRUCE
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I"m also Geoff the Mince and Frank Spencer too. Cover is blown now, time to bail out. 

frank spencer haha. 

cliffhangerI2.jpg

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don"t think I actually made any predictions in the post you quoted. But bash on anyway with your trolling.

‘A period in our history which has only a few games to run’ sounds like a prediction to me.   But just go  ahead and deny it. 

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, soonbe110 said:

‘A period in our history which has only a few games to run’ sounds like a prediction to me.   But just go  ahead and deny it. 

Oh yeah,  of course. Didn't even realise it was a prediction, more a case of stating the bleeding obvious. 

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

We’ll soon have all the JKB jakeys on the same thread at the same time. 

Ahhh, so not supporting Levein makes you a jakey. A clever line in logic that, quite simply, illustrates the lengths that some of Levein's acolytes will go to defending what is a busted flush.

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Oh yeah,  of course. Didn't even realise it was a prediction, more a case of stating the bleeding obvious. 

Think you will be disappointed.  He is in post for at least another 13 months. 

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Think you will be disappointed.  He is in post for at least another 13 months. 

I've stopped going to the games so, thankfully,  that avenue of "pleasure" has been closed off. More likely that you will be disappointed if Levein is in post for another 13 months.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I've stopped going to the games so, thankfully,  that avenue of "pleasure" has been closed off. More likely that you will be disappointed if Levein is in post for another 13 months.

Why if you’ve stopped going to games,  do you waste your time on here?

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, stevie1874 said:

Why if you’ve stopped going to games,  do you waste your time on here?

Rarely on here tbh, but, to do you think a club like ours could survive with the support of 13k diehards?? You support the club not the regime. 

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Rarely on here tbh, but, to do you think a club like ours could survive with the support of 13k diehards?? You support the club not the regime. 

Give or take a thousand, it does, no ?

Do well and it ups a bit !

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There’s probably about 15k that provide at least 80% of the clubs fan-generated income. So I think it probably could. 

Edited by soonbe110

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We don’t have 13k diehards and we’re surviving ok. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Give or take a thousand, it does, no ?

Do well and it ups a bit !

Yes, survive Boab, I agree. I should have said "thrive," or "progress". It surely must rank as a disappointment to Budge that we can't sell out home games, given that was part of the reason for building the new stand. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Still a kick in the nuts if he signs for them. 

Verging on embarrassing. 

How? Professional about to sign his last major contract chooses the one that pays the most. Dead embarrassing. 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, survive Boab, I agree. I should have said "thrive," or "progress". It surely must rank as a disappointment to Budge that we can't sell out home games, given that was part of the reason for building the new stand. 

I think you’re being a bit harsh there, mate.

The stand was built because the old one was on the way out. Literally !

I’ve not seen any statement where Budge, or whoever, expected full houses every week. It was done as a long term investment...as far as I can remember.

I don’t think disappointment is the word to use. Finances are stable.

As for the football...i’ll keep my counsel till the end of the season !

I respect criticism though. Keeps people on their toes !

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

How? Professional about to sign his last major contract chooses the one that pays the most. Dead embarrassing. 

Losing one of our 1st team players to Aberdeen is embarrassing in my eyes. 

You may think of it differently. 

1 minute ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Losing one of our 1st team players to Aberdeen is embarrassing in my eyes. 

You may think of it differently. 

For now. Hearts will be able to match or pay more than Aberdeen soon enough. Our infrastructure improvements mostly finished, Aberdeen yet to embark.

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think you’re being a bit harsh there, mate.

The stand was built because the old one was on the way out. Literally !

I’ve not seen any statement where Budge, or whoever, expected full houses every week. It was done as a long term investment...as far as I can remember.

I don’t think disappointment is the word to use. Finances are stable.

As for the football...i’ll keep my counsel till the end of the season !

I respect criticism though. Keeps people on their toes !

Yes, I appreciate that. The old stand would struggle to get a safety certificate now. However, I'm sure AB expected us to be generating more match day income than we are. The business community are not showing anywhere near the interest expected in the corporate facilities. Part of that is due to the product on the park but it also reflects the logistical problems that has the lounges, effectively, facing the wrong way aswell  as forcing guests to walk across the concourse to be seated.  Don't get me wrong,  it's a hell of an improvement on the old stand but it's also a missed opportunity in terms of generating additional revenue.

BOBTHEBRUCE
8 minutes ago, kila said:

For now. Hearts will be able to match or pay more than Aberdeen soon enough. Our infrastructure improvements mostly finished, Aberdeen yet to embark.

Mate, We've spunked money on the likes of Craig foookin wighton. We've signed a billion players. We're paying players that don't even get a game, The fish, edwards, martin etc etc.  We have 10 thousand people paying into the foundation of hearts. We have anonymous donors crawling out of every orifice.

We shouldn't be losing players to Aber ****in deen!

End of.

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

It is GT.

Mindset is different, training is different. 

It's not a level playing field. 

Watched Killie today on grass. Same as against us, sit it and break.

Steve Clark for manager of the year. Aye right.

Got to give Clark some credit.

In much the same way that the tight pitch at Tynecastle has been used to our advantage over the years, you can only pish with the cock you've got, and he's hit the pan fairly consistently over the last couple of seasons. 

But you're right, it's a shocker of a surface for 11 of the 12 premiership teams to play on, and shouldn't be allowed. 

45 minutes ago, kila said:

?? Agree with this. 

i wish jj was my dad
42 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Mate, We've spunked money on the likes of Craig foookin wighton. We've signed a billion players. We're paying players that don't even get a game, The fish, edwards, martin etc etc.  We have 10 thousand people paying into the foundation of hearts. We have anonymous donors crawling out of every orifice.

End of.

And Aberdeen still have a bigger budget and their own benefactor.

Should we spend more than them?

BOBTHEBRUCE
3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

And Aberdeen still have a bigger budget and their own benefactor.

Should we spend more than them?

We should be able to. 

If we can't, we can't. But that's what i'm questioning. 

We've wasted so much money on dross. 

4 hours ago, siegementality said:

Or ask Budge about the manger she has now? He is the one that missed the target (4th) set be her. If she is prepared to accepted missed targets - without explanation - then maybe questions need asked of her as well.

I presume you don't accept that the serious longish-term injuries to Berra, Souttar, Uche and Naismith had any bearing on our results achieved, not to mention Haring playing with a hernia and currently out.

We were top of the league, not 4th, when these injuries started to hit us.

And that's not counting some "strange" reffing decisions that went against us.

Enzo Chiefo
16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I presume you don't accept that the serious longish-term injuries to Berra, Souttar, Uche and Naismith had any bearing on our results achieved, not to mention Haring playing with a hernia and currently out.

We were top of the league, not 4th, when these injuries started to hit us.

And that's not counting some "strange" reffing decisions that went against us.

FfS are you still hanging onto the comfort blanket of our start to the season. It was simply a good start where we won a few games through fine margins. It was not scintillating football by any stretch.  Other teams have had equally good runs since then. Every team has had injuries, Hibs for example had McGregor, Gray , Whittaker and Gauld out for long periods,  have changed manager and are still ahead of us. A good manager can overcome, injuries,  bad refereeing decisions and other setbacks and find a way to win.

12 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Wow, that's a whole lot of spin right there chief. Have you considered a career in Politics?

It's opinion. I think we're heading in the right direction just not as fast as some would like. Chopping and changing manager every year or two never gets you anywhere. Ask Hibs.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

FfS are you still hanging onto the comfort blanket of our start to the season. It was simply a good start where we won a few games through fine margins. It was not scintillating football by any stretch.  Other teams have had equally good runs since then. Every team has had injuries, Hibs for example had McGregor, Gray , Whittaker and Gauld out for long periods,  have changed manager and are still ahead of us. A good manager can overcome, injuries,  bad refereeing decisions and other setbacks and find a way to win.

Whittaker and Gauld? They are bit part players for Hibs.

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's opinion. I think we're heading in the right direction just not as fast as some would like. Chopping and changing manager every year or two never gets you anywhere. Ask Hibs.

Hibs chopped and changed and their 2nd choice as manager has gone unbeaten in 9 and has them sitting above us. We need to broaden our horizons and ditch our reliance on Levein.  We certainly are not heading in the right direction unless 6th is the extent of your ambition The last time Hibs finished above us in back to back seasons was 25 years ago. Perhaps Leanne Dempster could help Ann Budge with our forthcoming managerial search, as she obviously has some useful contacts down south.

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Perhaps Leanne Dempster could help Ann Budge with our forthcoming managerial search, as she obviously has some useful contacts down south.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Well go and support Hibs then unless.....

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Well go and support Hibs then unless.....

Of course, pointing out inconvenient truths means you must be a Hibs supporter. We have suffered more than anyone else from injuries, bad luck, bad pitches, bad refereeing decisions and had that not happened,  we would have won the league by a canter. Am I doing this right?

39 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Hibs chopped and changed and their 2nd choice as manager has gone unbeaten in 9 and has them sitting above us. We need to broaden our horizons and ditch our reliance on Levein.  We certainly are not heading in the right direction unless 6th is the extent of your ambition The last time Hibs finished above us in back to back seasons was 25 years ago. Perhaps Leanne Dempster could help Ann Budge with our forthcoming managerial search, as she obviously has some useful contacts down south.

And the 10 years before that? I’m really not fussed about Hibs. They have a team of loans and a manager enjoying his honeymoon period. We’re in a cup final and have a core of the team signed up on good contracts.

Hibs might finish in 5th and us in 6th but leading the league for a couple of months and getting to a cup semi and final still means we’ll have had a much better season than them.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, I appreciate that. The old stand would struggle to get a safety certificate now. However, I'm sure AB expected us to be generating more match day income than we are. The business community are not showing anywhere near the interest expected in the corporate facilities. Part of that is due to the product on the park but it also reflects the logistical problems that has the lounges, effectively, facing the wrong way aswell  as forcing guests to walk across the concourse to be seated.  Don't get me wrong,  it's a hell of an improvement on the old stand but it's also a missed opportunity in terms of generating additional revenue.

The lack of corporate take up is 100% down to the shit product on the park. Companies invite guests along to be entertained not watch boring negative eye bleeding football.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Performances are NOT heading in the right direction!

The Future's Maroon
6 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Give up Spencer/Enzo whoever you are.

Escobar?!

30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And the 10 years before that? I’m really not fussed about Hibs. They have a team of loans and a manager enjoying his honeymoon period. We’re in a cup final and have a core of the team signed up on good contracts.

Hibs might finish in 5th and us in 6th but leading the league for a couple of months and getting to a cup semi and final still means we’ll have had a much better season than them.

Rather hypocritical to criticise Hibs about loan players when our team's success and failure this season has revolved around one loan player. The core of the team we have signed up with the exception of Naismith is ordinary as evidenced by their performances. 

The cup run means absolutely nothing unless we win it. The draw has got us this far, we will actually need to perform at a level not yet witnessed this season to beat Celtic at Hampden. 

Our league form outside of the first quarter of the season is relegation material. 

These are facts not opinion, how anyone doesn't find this alarming bewilders me. 

26 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The lack of corporate take up is 100% down to the shit product on the park. Companies invite guests along to be entertained not watch boring negative eye bleeding football.

That is an extremely bold statement to say it is 100% the product on the park.

I would have thought that lavishing your clients with lots of good quality free food and drink would be the key as many of them have no interest in football. It is just a good day out on the sauce.

If it is all about the football to generate corporate investment then surely the club need to address this as a matter of urgency.

Surely the club did some serious market research on how to sell the corporate side of the business and it would appear have not done such a great job if it purely relies on the product on the park.

JamboGraham
4 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

We should be able to. 

If we can't, we can't. But that's what i'm questioning. 

We've wasted so much money on dross. 

Unfortunately Aberdeen have a turnover that is 27% greater than ours. That’s a significant financial advantage before we even start to analyse the effectiveness of what we do with our available budget.

31 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Rather hypocritical to criticise Hibs about loan players when our team's success and failure this season has revolved around one loan player. The core of the team we have signed up with the exception of Naismith is ordinary as evidenced by their performances. 

The cup run means absolutely nothing unless we win it. The draw has got us this far, we will actually need to perform at a level not yet witnessed this season to beat Celtic at Hampden. 

Our league form outside of the first quarter of the season is relegation material. 

These are facts not opinion, how anyone doesn't find this alarming bewilders me. 

It wasn’t me who’s talking up Hibs. The facts are we have a much better and more stable set of core players than Hibs do and we will have had a better overall season than them whether they finish one place ahead of us or not and whether or not we win the cup.

51 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Performances are NOT heading in the right direction!

I didn’t say they were.

57 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Corporate is for getting pissed. They usually miss half the game anyhow.

5 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

End of.

The club management is appalling I don’t get why he hasn’t been sacked 

today’s statement I need 4 quality players so he has been signing players that haven’t the quality 

levein is a total clown he has to be removed 

JamboGraham
5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I haven’t seen any interim financial results so not sure if we can judge matchday income levels. The target is for £15m turnover by season 2020/21. Our latest accounts show year on year increases and given the average attendances are up again this year I don’t see any reason to think we might be struggling with our targets. A key growth area is non-matchday corporate and that will have no connection to the direction the facilities face, the concourse or even the product on the park.

What are you basing your assessment that the business community are not showing the interest expected in the club facilities on?

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

It wasn’t me who’s talking up Hibs. The facts are we have a much better and more stable set of core players than Hibs do and we will have had a better overall season than them whether they finish one place ahead of us or not and whether or not we win the cup.

Not following your logic there mate. If we win the cup 100%, if not there is nothing between us. 

I absolutely do not agree with you on the stable core. Our keepers are ordinary, Berra has serious question marks atm, Lee and Bozanic are not fit for purpose, ichpeazu is not a natural goalscorer & has little football about him and we do not have a left back or a consistent wide player. 

Our pluses to build a team around for me are at the back Souttar and the wonderfully consistent Smith. In midfield Haring is great on early season form, not so much since the injury, Clare promising but doesn't fit our system and Mulraney promising since Christmas. Naismith is great but the injury which has been triggered twice in non contact situations is worrying. Hopefully Halkett will be a good signing but you never know till you see them in maroon. 

The rest of our squad are either young and not ready (Burns and Wighton included) or stop gap like Maclean and Edwards. And Vanecek! 

It's a squad which could conceivably improve but I don't see that happening under the current coaching set up. 

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Of course, pointing out inconvenient truths means you must be a Hibs supporter. We have suffered more than anyone else from injuries, bad luck, bad pitches, bad refereeing decisions and had that not happened,  we would have won the league by a canter. Am I doing this right?

Did anyone actually say that or did you make it up?

I think we would have garnered a few more points and possibly in a European place.

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Great post - however those with their heads well and truly stuck in the sand may not agree with you!

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic