Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

There's a reason so many Hibs fans on this forum pretend to be Hearts fans wanting Levein out - he's always capable of getting a result against them, no matter how we're playing.

:cornette:

:cornette:

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

28 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I’d suggest the opposite. 

They know now we are completely crap under him and have finished above us for the last 2 seasons (can’t see us getting past them this season with our remaining fixtures).

Hearts fans want to finish above them every time. 

Results against them are important but I’d take 4 defeats against them to finish above them every single time.

Whatever happens we've had a better season than them. 

27 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Pleased with the point, still think he needs to go. That was brutal watching for 70 minutes.

Ironic considering he signed the player you think is worthy of your username. He doesn't wear a headband anymore, by the way.

Haringshairband
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ironic considering he signed the player you think is worthy of your username. He doesn't wear a headband anymore, by the way.

What an odd response. Are you happy with the way we play?

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein outers seem less than pleased we got a good point today. 

This, they’re clearly raging. Sad bunch.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think we all know who they are.

I know very few Hearts fans who want Levein here next season. I know Hibs fans who are perfectly happy for Levein to stay for as long as he wants.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I agree - they were just better organised with better tactics. They will played the ball quicker and had better movement.

Saying that the didnae half shit themselves after such scored! ?

For the benefit of the wider public, could you translate this into English

Haringshairband

So let's get this correct. Those of us who want Levein out are Hibs fans because he is a Hearts legend and deserves more time and those of us who want him to stay are Hibs fans because the football is terrible and only a Hibs fan would want us to fail. :rofl: this place is mental.

indianajones
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Eh?

The day im pleased with a point vs Hibs is the day i'll give up on Hearts. 

Guys a footballing dinosaur. Holding us back big time. 

Graham Thomson
1 hour ago, allyby said:

A cup final we have little to no chance of winning you mean, Levein's won nothing as a Manager and his negative style of play won't win us this one either.

It's Not Leveins fault we are playing Celtic!!

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

So you’d rather win 4 games against them and finish bottom than finish above them.

Strange

No, playing H1B5 is an important fixture for us.  Cups and beating the wee team are our best measures of performance.  We don’t have much chance of winning the league and relegation is not normally an issue.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I know very few Hearts fans who want Levein here next season. I know Hibs fans who are perfectly happy for Levein to stay for as long as he wants.

Undefeated at Easter Road this season.

1 hour ago, allyby said:

A cup final we have little to no chance of winning you mean, Levein's won nothing as a Manager and his negative style of play won't win us this one either.

Very few of our managers get to a final. In a one off game you never know what could happen.

You  are welcome to stay at home whilst the rest of us go the cheer the team on at Hampden.

Take it you were not at the game today. Nothing negative about how we played. Only thing negative is the sentiment in your post.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

We should have just kept Gary Locke. 

Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, McCrae said:

And Hibs are undefeated at Tynie. We've finished behind them again. Definitely unnatural order.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Virtually every post you make reveals you are clearly more concerned about Levein than the club. No Hearts fan ever wants to lose any game even if they think there should be a change of manager far less a derby. If you took the time to look at posts on other game related threads by people who would like us to change the manager you would maybe realise that. 

husref musemic
9 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Very few of our managers get to a final. In a one off game you never know what could happen.

You  are welcome to stay at home whilst the rest of us go the cheer the team on at Hampden.

Take it you were not at the game today. Nothing negative about how we played. Only thing negative is the sentiment in your post.

If Craig Levein brings the cup back he can have the freedom of Gorgie & the job for as long as he chooses. 

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Virtually every post you make reveals you are clearly more concerned about Levein than the club. No Hearts fan ever wants to lose any game even if they think there should be a change of manager far less a derby. If you took the time to look at posts on other game related threads by people who would like us to change the manager you would maybe realise that. 

It’s clear some hate Levein more than they love the club.

It should have been ten
24 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

It's Not Leveins fault we are playing Celtic!!

22 minutes ago, McCrae said:

No, playing H1B5 is an important fixture for us.  Cups and beating the wee team are our best measures of performance.  We don’t have much chance of winning the league and relegation is not normally an issue.

Spot on ????

12 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

If Craig Levein brings the cup back he can have the freedom of Gorgie & the job for as long as he chooses. 

If Craig Levein manages to help the players win the Scottish Cup he can have the freedom of Gorgie then give up being manager of Hearts and I'll be happy with a manager who is not out of his depth. We battled to today for a change but Levein missed too many things on the pitch tactically  that Hibs exploited for a long period.

Five to One
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I agree - they were just better organised with better tactics. They will played the ball quicker and had better movement.

Saying that the didnae half shit themselves after such scored! ?

I know. Just frustrating we didn’t go with a more attacking formation from the outset. Levein’s biggest opponent is his own negativity! 

18 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

It’s clear some hate Levein more than they love the club.

Wrong the criticism Levein receives is for the love of the team which strengthens the club. Levein was caught out today with his lack of responding to the way the game was going. He is out of his depth.

47 minutes ago, McCrae said:

While I agree with a lot of your post  in 98,2006 and 2012 we did actually have some good players in our teams ... back to front I am actually struggling to see any quality at all in our present squad with the exception of a few players some of which don't play very often due to injury.

husref musemic
32 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If Craig Levein manages to help the players win the Scottish Cup he can have the freedom of Gorgie then give up being manager of Hearts and I'll be happy with a manager who is not out of his depth. We battled to today for a change but Levein missed too many things on the pitch tactically  that Hibs exploited for a long period.

The Scottish cup is as good as it gets for hearts. also beating Celtic in a final!

if any manager ever does that then that's success. a draw at Easter road (as much as i enjoyed that) it irrelevant Vs a cup win in May. 

42 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

He should maybe be cut a bit slack today. Sickness bug rife at Riccarton this last week. Lots of players affected. Main reason Smith played today. Quite a few couldn’t play 90 today, hence the subs bench including Edwards and Smith and Cochrane starting. Just passing on what I heard. If true, the players did well to dig out a draw in the end. 

fabienleclerq

Unsure about the sickness bug etc but after 20 minutes hibs started to dominate. After ten minutes of the second half it was clear a hibs goal was coming, he refuses to change anything till they score. 

When they won the penalty it looked like he was going to then left it. I'm fed up now tbh, his subs are reactive and never to change to win us the game. We were shite today but dug in and got lucky. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Wrong the criticism Levein receives is for the love of the team which strengthens the club. Levein was caught out today with his lack of responding to the way the game was going. He is out of his depth.

Spot on!

1 hour ago, Five to One said:

I know. Just frustrating we didn’t go with a more attacking formation from the outset. Levein’s biggest opponent is his own negativity! 

It always has been I’m afraid!

i wish jj was my dad

With Levein in charge we always battle against Hibs. His teams might be shite but never anything wrong with our commitment against them. 

I actually thought he got his tactics and subs right if a wee bit late. Just the young laddies in midfield were burst in the second half.

It should have been ten

I said ‘some’ people

Edited by It should have been ten

1 hour ago, husref musemic said:

The Scottish cup is as good as it gets for hearts. also beating Celtic in a final!

if any manager ever does that then that's success. a draw at Easter road (as much as i enjoyed that) it irrelevant Vs a cup win in May. 

Where is Valdas.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

He should maybe be cut a bit slack today. Sickness bug rife at Riccarton this last week. Lots of players affected. Main reason Smith played today. Quite a few couldn’t play 90 today, hence the subs bench including Edwards and Smith and Cochrane starting. Just passing on what I heard. If true, the players did well to dig out a draw in the end. 

Uche was definitely ill earlier this week

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Uche was definitely ill earlier this week

He was still ill today, almost didn’t play. Bug started with Clare last Saturday and has been doing the rounds all week. Several players missed reserve game on Monday as a result. Soutar didn’t look fit/well today. 

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Unsure about the sickness bug etc but after 20 minutes hibs started to dominate. After ten minutes of the second half it was clear a hibs goal was coming, he refuses to change anything till they score. 

When they won the penalty it looked like he was going to then left it. I'm fed up now tbh, his subs are reactive and never to change to win us the game. We were shite today but dug in and got lucky. 

Heard about it straight from the mouth of a current squad member just before ko today. No reason not to believe him. 

husref musemic
12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Where is Valdas.

hmmm Gretna and max Vlad make that a different final. but all the same a cup winning manager. One of the eight in what ...130 years.

Pre 98 i was convinced id never see us lift any cup. now I've seen 3. 

JJ and Paulo (5th in 2012) should be carried to games in sedan chairs. As should Craig Levein if he wins. 

fabienleclerq
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Heard about it straight from the mouth of a current squad member just before ko today. No reason not to believe him. 

I never meant I don't believe people saying it, just I didn't know about it. 

5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I never meant I don't believe people saying it, just I didn't know about it. 

No problem, cheers 

2 hours ago, Jodami said:

I'm just of the long-held view that managers need time to build teams. In his first spell I think Levein had two 5ths before getting two thirds. Doddie took a similar time to get going. It's just my opinion that, unless they do a disastrous job - like Cathro - 3 years is a good length of time. I wanted Neilson for another year too. The only previous Hearts manager I can remember wanting out very quickly was Tommy Mclean.

Levein in particular is someone who thinks long-term. He's never been a quick fix type manager. I actually wish he'd had longer with Scotland. I think he would have got it right in time.

So I'm fine with Levein continuing next season (we know it's his last) so we can spend time thinking about the next man in charge - lining up Robbo for example - and even taking a closer look at the coaches internally to see if, say, Daly might be ready. Why not even give Daly a Solskiar type trial if Levein steps aside for half a season? I'd rather that than rip everything up this close season.

As for this season, Levein for me did enough in putting together a brand new team and storming the league in the first couple of months to suggest he can do get us up the league next year. I'm also giving him some leeway as few managers could have coped with so many injuries. That said with his experience he should have made a better job of coping with it.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

While I agree with a lot of your post  in 98,2006 and 2012 we did actually have some good players in our teams ... back to front I am actually struggling to see any quality at all in our present squad with the exception of a few players some of which don't play very often due to injury.

Whilst I expect Celtic to Win.... they are not unbeatable. 

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And Hibs are undefeated at Tynie. We've finished behind them again. Definitely unnatural order.

Even if we lose the final we will receive and make more money than H1b5 this season due to our success in the cups.  Bet you every Hibs fan would trade us there league position for another trip to Hampden.

6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Even if we lose the final we will receive and make more money than H1b5 this season due to our success in the cups.  Bet you every Hibs fan would trade us there league position for another trip to Hampden.

We've had the easiest cup runs imaginable. 

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

With Levein in charge we always battle against Hibs. His teams might be shite but never anything wrong with our commitment against them. 

I actually thought he got his tactics and subs right if a wee bit late. Just the young laddies in midfield were burst in the second half.

I also don't get the criticism of subs today, even if they were partly forced. One of his subs set up the equaliser and the other put himself about to the extent that we looked a good bet to win the game if it had gone on for longer. We were pushing Cristophe up late on, we definitely wanted the win.

12 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Easy money then !

:kirk:

‘ave it !!

19 minutes ago, bistokid said:

4th round vs Livi was the hardest tie of the round of all the Premiership teams so not that easy. And we've been knocked out plenty times by the likes of Thistle and Caley before.

Edited by Guest

Finlay James
40 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm just of the long-held view that managers need time to build teams. In his first spell I think Levein had two 5ths before getting two thirds. Doddie took a similar time to get going. It's just my opinion that, unless they do a disastrous job - like Cathro - 3 years is a good length of time. I wanted Neilson for another year too. The only previous Hearts manager I can remember wanting out very quickly was Tommy Mclean.

Levein in particular is someone who thinks long-term. He's never been a quick fix type manager. I actually wish he'd had longer with Scotland. I think he would have got it right in time.

So I'm fine with Levein continuing next season (we know it's his last) so we can spend time thinking about the next man in charge - lining up Robbo for example - and even taking a closer look at the coaches internally to see if, say, Daly might be ready. Why not even give Daly a Solskiar type trial if Levein steps aside for half a season? I'd rather that than rip everything up this close season.

As for this season, Levein for me did enough in putting together a brand new team and storming the league in the first couple of months to suggest he can do get us up the league next year. I'm also giving him some leeway as few managers could have coped with so many injuries. That said with his experience he should have made a better job of coping with it.

Great post. Levein knows that he won't be in charge long term, he is laying the foundations that mean those in charge over the next 10-20 years have the infrastructure to challenge for honours on a continual basis.

Hes starting a change process and removing him will only disrupt that.  That said, I agree that he should have managed the squad better in spite of the injuries.

24 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Luck of the draw 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic