• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What targets do you think Ann Budge set Craig Levein for the season?

Based on statements from the club previously regarding targets I think it would have been:

League Cup: semi final / final = achieved 

Pre split league campaign: Top 6 = achieved 

Post split league campaign: 2nd - 4th = failed

Scottish Cup: semi final / final = achieved 

It is quite intriguing that the anti Levein camp are constantly factoring in all the lower league teams we've played to diminish our two great cup runs but then refuse to factor in the injuries we've had and the clear detrimental impact this had had on the league campaign. Anyone, with half a brain, who watched Spurs v Ajax last night would have been struck by just how toothless Spurs looked missing their front two of Son and Kane. That was Spurs with a £25m replacement in Moura and a £12m replacement in Llorente. Spurs panicked and resorted to shelling balls into the box to no avail. If a team who have just spent £1bn on a new stadium cannot absorb the loss of two key players, why is there an expectation that Hearts should be able to?

From the Spurs report on bbc:

“It was a night when their resources were simply not enough to cope with the absence of Son, Kane and midfielder Harry Winks - key gaps exacerbated by the loss of Jan Vertonghen...”

Thats just for one game too. Yet we’re supposed to be able to cover for naismith, uche, berra and souttar - and others - being out for a third of the season.

Any judgement of Levein simply has to take into account out injuries compared to the rest of the league.

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You're the child with the fairy tales, ignoring facts (injuries to key players) to suit your agenda.  I'll leave it to others to decide if you're a hubz fan, based on your posts but it's good you accept they post the same drivel as you.

BTW Do you think we have missed Naismith like Spurs miss Kane or is that fantasy?

Think your Hearts jammies are too tight Al, cutting off your circulation and oxygen to your brain. You have already said I’m hubz rather than leaving it to others. It’s embarrassing the drivel you come out with to excuse poor performances and poor signings.

BTW interesting that Spurs are still in 3rd place in the premiership and semi-finals of the Champions League with Kane out. That’s also without an easy route in the Champions league, compared to our equivalent route to the Scottish cup final.

1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

Think your Hearts jammies are too tight Al, cutting off your circulation and oxygen to your brain. You have already said I’m hubz rather than leaving it to others. It’s embarrassing the drivel you come out with to excuse poor performances and poor signings.

BTW interesting that Spurs are still in 3rd place in the premiership and semi-finals of the Champions League with Kane out. That’s also without an easy route in the Champions league, compared to our equivalent route to the Scottish cup final.

I don't wear jammies.  You're getting your knickers in a twist I think.

I didn't actually say you supported hubz but your reaction may tell a story especially when you have not denied it outright.

Spurs are missing only Kane and Son but they're definitely not the same team as time will show.

I think your champions league rant was mainly achieved before these injuries struck (but we had 4/5 out AT THE SAME TIME and don't have the resources to bring in multi million pound replacements as Spurs did).  I am not aware I made an issue re our progress to the cup final but stroll on with your drivel.

12 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't actually say you supported hubz but your reaction may tell a story especially when you have not denied it outright.

Spurs are missing only Kane and Son but they're definitely not the same team as time will show.

I think your champions league rant was mainly achieved before these injuries struck (but we had 4/5 out AT THE SAME TIME and don't have the resources to bring in multi million pound replacements as Spurs did).  I am not aware I made an issue re our progress to the cup final but stroll on with your drivel.

What a load of drivel from you as per. So again you’re calling me hubz? You do strike me as a 10 yr old, getting so upset when anyone criticises your team, no matter the accuracy of any criticism. According to you injuries 3 months ago justify poor performances after most of the players have returned 

Enzo Chiefo
12 hours ago, JamboAl said:

We're talking about injuries to journeymen like Haring and Uche. They've done OK but why would we need "multi million pound replacements" for guys like that.  Naismith was a loss but a good manager could still manage to avoid defeats at places like Livingston, Hamilton and St Mirren without him.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We're talking about injuries to journeymen like Haring and Uche. They've done OK but why would we need "multi million pound replacements" for guys like that.  Naismith was a loss but a good manager could still manage to avoid defeats at places like Livingston, Hamilton and St Mirren without him.

I don't think Uche and Haring are journeymen in the context of our team.  They have been key elements.

The multi-million pound reference, as you well know, was to signify that Spurs could bring in quality replacements.  We can't!

For the rubbish players and eye bleeding football just leave please i have seen enough

So fair to say I am justified again in not using my season ticket today. Why? Because I know how pitiful we are, how feckless our management team is, and regardless of result, I would come back home frustrated and ultimately hacked off with the players and management of our wonderdul club...

Hopefully Budge will take note that there was only about 50 people left to give those jokers a round of applause. Levein has to go.

The Internet

I'll be astonished if he doesn't go after the cup final. He must know this isn't good enough. 

siegementality

26 points from the last 26 league games. How anybody can defend him is beyond me.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, siegementality said:

26 points from the last 26 league games. How anybody can defend him is beyond me.

......but he loves Hearts and hates the Hibs.

18colin74

She dont care about football

She don't care about fans 

Heart of Midlothian it's in the wrong hands 

siegementality
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

......but he loves Hearts and hates the Hibs.

Well that’s put my gas at a peep!

7 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'll be astonished if he doesn't go after the cup final. He must know this isn't good enough. 

Stand by to be astonished!!  Why - because Levein is an arrogant tosser who in his mind is never wrong!!!!

Edited by Thomaso

bighalders
On 01/05/2019 at 00:02, ToqueJambo said:

Just like he didn’t get a massive raise and contract extension for the great form at the start of the season (no interest in posting that table I see) he shouldn’t get sacked for 10 games of the worst form.

Luckily the grownups in charge of the club will make decisions based on the season as a whole.

Hope you are right mate as 6th for the 2nd season running is a total disgrace so thankfully that should be Levein sacked

Just now, 18colin74 said:

:embarassed:

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, siegementality said:

Well that’s put my gas at a peep!

:laugh:

Sadly that’s the mentality of some.

18colin74
Just now, Boris said:

:embarassed:

Feckin brutal stuff can't mind the last time I actually seen us play well☹☹

3 minutes ago, savage said:

We will go into the cup final off a draw and 4 defeats.  Great form

Its not just the shit results it’s the shit negative football

under Levein. He is driving the fans towards apathy - jeez Tynecastle was a sad place today!!!

siegementality
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:laugh:

Sadly that’s the mentality of some.

Oh, I know. I’ve actually wasted my time trying to debate with people with that mentality.  But....but...he’s a PHM!! FFS!!

All roads lead to Gorgie

Stand by for the apologists to be on this thread soon. Who is better than CL? Blah blah blah. 

Just now, 18colin74 said:

Feckin brutal stuff can't mind the last time I actually seen us play well☹☹

Don't deny we are shite right now, and that Levein seems to be taking us backwards.

Outwith the playing side we have taken great strides forward, and that is down to the current owner.

So, here's the breaking point, Budge has to see sense over the playing side of things, if not then I may agree with you!

But nothing will change until the close season.

Jamboelite
9 minutes ago, 18colin74 said:

One of the young team enters the fray.

We’ll be going into the final assuming we lose these last two league games - which we will on the back of 7 wins in 28 games, 2 wins in the last 13 and four defeats in the last 5. Confidence must be rock bottom. The final could be horrible. Horrible. 

Unbelievable that he has lasted this long. Regardless of the upcoming final, he should be frog marched out the door now !! We have no effing chance of winning the final. 

siegementality
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

One of the young team enters the fray.

Does he have his coaching badges?? Couldn’t do much worse!

The play is so slow, deliberate and predictable too much of the time. Then for 5-10 mins we'll get some decent stuff, but still fail to score.

So hopeless right now. No belief. Completely dreading Hampden...

Coming out of Tynie after that performance today there is real anger at Levein and Ann Budge for not acting to put our fans/ team out of our misery. 

Levein and his Bootroom have to go a.s.a.p. for all our sakes. He is a man who is out of his depth in the job and it's time to get a management in who know what they are doing.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Barack said:

Plenty of other threads mitch.

Your attention-seeking is worse than the football on show.??

Hard to believe coz the footy on offer has been dire.

But factually correct.

William H. Bonney

I’ve got to the point now where I couldn’t give 2 shits about the last couple of games. Only interested in the cup final. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm that angry I could crush a grape. Come up the Merchie Hearts club and see want real anger is.

jambonian

Levein should've been booted out at least two or three games before the split. The only thing that's surprised me was that we beat Aberdeen at the time. Didn't think we'd win any after the split and only a draw to show for it so far.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Attention seeking or not he is right though. First time this season I have walked out before the end. Loads of very frustrated people in Gorgie Rd afterwards. 

11 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Stand by for the apologists to be on this thread soon. Who is better than CL? Blah blah blah. 

The usual Franks.......eh suspects.......will be along later. Lol

Even they must be running out of excuses for Levein!!

jambonian
1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

I’ve got to the point now where I couldn’t give 2 shits about the last couple of games. Only interested in the cup final. 

No even interested in that

Jambo-Fox
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Coming out of Tynie after that performance today there is real anger at Levein and Ann Budge for not acting to put our fans/ team out of our misery. 

Levein and his Bootroom have to go a.s.a.p. for all our sakes. He is a man who is out of his depth in the job and it's time to get a management in who know what they are doing.

You are entitled to your opinion but ....

Ann Budge saved our club, I think she knows exactly what she is doing.

What would you do if you were in charge?

Actually don’t bother saying, it would just be another opinion!!

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I'm that angry I could crush a grape. Come up the Merchie Hearts club and see want real anger is.

25FDC75F-C05B-4283-8DC4-35F8117817D1.jpeg

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You're doing it wrong. Back of the Wheatfield rules apply!

1971fozzy

He should of been booted / or left a couple of months ago.  He will get the final and then surely be off. Our form since November has to be worse than anyone’s (except Dundee). The cup final was achievable with the kind draw , no other reason.

Even if Uche is fit the final will have to see a very strange collection of goings in our favour for us to pull anything off. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

...hmmm...watch us much this last 2-3 years? Prob not with posts like that...??

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The usual Franks.......eh suspects.......will be along later. Lol

Even they must be running out of excuses for Levein!!

I suspect they are all the one poster under many names :thumbsup:

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I suspect they are all the one poster under many names :thumbsup:

That would explain everything!

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

She has said herself that she doesn't have a clue what she's doing.  That's why levein is our manager/ director of football / club director.  He's in charge.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic