• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Killie are the over-performers. By budget, Celtic should be first, Rangers second, Aberdeen third, Hearts and Hibs very close for fourth and fifth with an off-chance of third. Killie and Dundee should be vying for the final top-six place, and Livingston and St Mirren competing to avoid relegation.

And the thing is, these aren't about "facts and falsehoods" - they're interpretations of the data (and only playing budget data at that). And if you don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion then you're a lost cause I'm afraid.

It is a falsehood to claim that sixth is “roughly” where we should be, merely to suit your agenda. If someone else used the same table to claim that we should be third, I’m pretty sure you’d be criticising them. How far down the table would cease to be “roughly” where we should be? Seventh? Eighth?

7 minutes ago, leginten said:

It is a falsehood to claim that sixth is “roughly” where we should be, merely to suit your agenda. If someone else used the same table to claim that we should be third, I’m pretty sure you’d be criticising them. How far down the table would cease to be “roughly” where we should be? Seventh? Eighth?

Which bit of "Killie are the over-performers" are you not understanding? On budgets alone, we should be placing 4th or 5th, with an outside chance of third. And this would be exactly right if it weren't for Clarke's boys.

But, as one lauded poster remarked earlier on, this isn't about budgets, it's about management. In my opinion, Levein has had enough time to show on-field improvements and hasn't adequately done so. He needs to step down and give someone else a chance.

BOBTHEBRUCE
20 minutes ago, sadj said:

Have indeed sir. I take i’m not the only one then. ?

That would be a total piss take/kick in the baws if Djoum went to Aberdeen. 

We should be able to match anything they can offer. 

Just now, redjambo said:

Which bit of "Killie are the over-performers" are you not understanding? On budgets alone, we should be placing 4th or 5th, with an outside chance of third. And this would be exactly right if it weren't for Clarke's boys.

But, as one lauded poster remarked earlier on, this isn't about budgets, it's about management. In my opinion, Levein has had enough time to show on-field improvements and hasn't adequately done so. He needs to step down and give someone else a chance.

Fair enough. I think you were a bit hard on the poster who - unintentionally as far as I could see - got Livi’s budget slightly wrong earlier in the thread, which probably prompted my original reply to you. My apologies for being snippy.

Just now, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

That would be a total piss take/kick in the baws if Djoum went to Aberdeen. 

We should be able to match anything they can offer. 

How should we? Our wage budget is lower and id rather spare cash went elsewhere. Stay for the building of a team or go for cash. We won’t break our budget for him as we shouldn’t. 

11 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I’m not hot under the collar mate. Seems you are taking the easy route out. You said you only post your opinion so I’m not interested in what other have said at this point. You have raised the point of pros and cons so let me hear yours.

My opinion is Levein deserves the rest of the season which I have said for a while, 

If change was to happen the only manager in Scotland that would bring guaranteed progression would be Steve Clarke.

Pros- worked wonders with limited budget and transformed a team to play good counter attacking football and seems to make decent loan signings.

Cons- we probably couldn’t afford him and will now have his sights on a bigger job.

I don’t know enough about managers in England outside the premiership but I’d assume some people must have opinions. 

Hence why I asked.

My biggest hope for any manager of Hearts is to play decent football with his own philosophy and not totally change it because we’re playing in Glasgow. 

I also hope any new man can unite the fans again as I’ve been watching Hearts for over 40 years and the apathy that has set in over the last few years is alarming at a time when off the pitch we’ve never been in better health, certainly in my lifetime.

I hope that’s not the easy route out ?

Just now, leginten said:

Fair enough. I think you were a bit hard on the poster who - unintentionally as far as I could see - got Livi’s budget slightly wrong earlier in the thread, which probably prompted my original reply to you. My apologies for being snippy.

No, you're right - I was indeed probably too hard on them. I suppose I shouldn't post on JKB when I'm in fighting mood. :)  And you weren't snippy. If any good came of it, though, it was that I had no idea of the budgets myself until I researched them. The report I linked to includes some sporting leagues where the budgets of the teams are pretty similar - the SPFL Premiership bar graph is like Mount Everest on the left hand side!

BOBTHEBRUCE
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

How should we? Our wage budget is lower and id rather spare cash went elsewhere. Stay for the building of a team or go for cash. We won’t break our budget for him as we shouldn’t. 

I'm not saying we should break the bank for him. 

My question is, How can Aberdeen afford to pay more than us in regards to wages?

Their average attendances must be roughly the same as ours if not worse!

They're building a new stadium as well are they not?

Maybe you can enlighten me. 

1 minute ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

My question is, How can Aberdeen afford to pay more than us in regards to wages?

Their wage budget is a bit higher at the moment. That will drop when they start spending money on their stadium but right now they aren’t diverting funds towards it. 

34 minutes ago, siegementality said:

It would certainly suit some to leave it until then. Regretfully I really do t think it will make much difference. It will be a matter of by how many Celtic will win. We simply aren’t good enough to beat them, especially given they are going for the treble treble.

I think we have a better chance than some think. The pressure is all on them. It’s all about how we perform on the day. I think it will be close, not the walkover most people think.

JamboGraham
26 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Killies pitch is the anomoly.

I think it’s a factor but not an overly significant one...for me it’s fortune with injuries.

Killie used 29 players before the split and only had 4 players injured for a total of 15 matches unavailable for selection.

Compare that to Aberdeen 26 players used, 14 injured for a total of 71 matches unavailable, Hibs 35 players used, 15 injured for a total of 128 matches unavailable and of course us 31 players used, 17 injured for a total of 141 matches unavailable.

It’s all very well having a far greater budget but it is completely wiped out when the result of that budget is unavailable for matches. For me if Killie have anything like the injury record of Aberdeen then they are behind all three of us. Give Killie an injury record like ours or Hibs then for me they are toward the lower end of the division.

4 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

4 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Aberdeen are rolling in money right now. They had extra investment a year or so ago. Will change if they eventually start to build that white elephant of theirs.

Anyway Djoum is entitled to speak to anyone who wants but should probably let his employer know rather than have them find out through a third party.

JamboGraham
15 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Their average attendance is a good bit less than us (and Hibs), over 2k less per match. However, their turnover is significantly higher than us, mainly due to a much higher commercial income. I asked a similar question regarding this on JKB before and the general consensus was that the available commercial funding in Edinburgh is split across the two teams or even withheld in order not to favour/alienate one support or the other. Being a single club city Aberdeen does not have this problem.

BOBTHEBRUCE
5 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Their average attendance is a good bit less than us (and Hibs), over 2k less per match. However, their turnover is significantly higher than us, mainly due to a much higher commercial income. I asked a similar question regarding this on JKB before and the general consensus was that the available commercial funding in Edinburgh is split across the two teams or even withheld in order not to favour/alienate one support or the other. Being a single club city Aberdeen does not have this problem.

Hmm, i never thought of that. 

Hard to believe though.

Would our wage budget double if we merged with Hibs?

?

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

28 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I think it’s a factor but not an overly significant one...for me it’s fortune with injuries.

Killie used 29 players before the split and only had 4 players injured for a total of 15 matches unavailable for selection.

Compare that to Aberdeen 26 players used, 14 injured for a total of 71 matches unavailable, Hibs 35 players used, 15 injured for a total of 128 matches unavailable and of course us 31 players used, 17 injured for a total of 141 matches unavailable.

It’s all very well having a far greater budget but it is completely wiped out when the result of that budget is unavailable for matches. For me if Killie have anything like the injury record of Aberdeen then they are behind all three of us. Give Killie an injury record like ours or Hibs then for me they are toward the lower end of the division.

I think I love you.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Killies pitch is the anomoly.

Massive home advantage for them. 

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

A bit like us last season when we, uhm, finished 6th

3 hours ago, siegementality said:

If we are beaten tomorrow then it should be the final nail in his coffin. Let the cup final be his last game, and Budge should take any decision about Levein’s future out of his hands. 

Indeed she should, but I'm not sure she will though. I think she probably doesn't know what the hell to do, get rid, give him more time.

It might end up being taken out of her hands, who knows. 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, kila said:

A bit like us last season when we, uhm, finished 6th

I've no idea what you are on about, sorry. 

BOBTHEBRUCE
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Their wage budget is a bit higher at the moment. That will drop when they start spending money on their stadium but right now they aren’t diverting funds towards it. 

Still a kick in the nuts if he signs for them. 

Verging on embarrassing. 

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Still a kick in the nuts if he signs for them. 

Verging on embarrassing. 

Give up Spencer/Enzo whoever you are.

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Was just about to reply to you that the best Levein can hope for after Hearts is Dundee United.

Or back to his first love Raith Rovers? PRRM.

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, Bad Religion said:

Give up Spencer/Enzo whoever you are.

Don't talk shite. 

Bad Religion

Don't talk shite. 

What was your previous username?

Or current other?

Edited by Bad Religion

BOBTHEBRUCE
1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

What was your previous username?

Or current other?

I don't have one you nut case. 

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I don't have one you nut case. 

Just joined aye?

Get a life, ****ing tedious.

BOBTHEBRUCE

Just joined aye?

Get a life, ****ing tedious.

You're a bit weird eh?

Bad Religion

You're a bit weird eh?

I'm a bit weird?

I'm not the one that's been posting the same boring anti Hearts/Levein/Budge shit on here for countless months under a series of different usernames and accounts.

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, Bad Religion said:

I'm a bit weird?

I'm not the one that's been posting the same boring anti Hearts/Levein/Budge shit on here for countless months under a series of different usernames and accounts.

Sorry, insane then. 

I'm in no way anti Hearts or Anti Budge and this is my only username. 

30 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It is GT.

Mindset is different, training is different. 

It's not a level playing field. 

Watched Killie today on grass. Same as against us, sit it and break.

Steve Clark for manager of the year. Aye right.

Edited by Artful Dodger

Enzo Chiefo

I'm a bit weird?

Just to correct your unsubstantiated,  deluded and paranoid postings,  I am NOT Bob the Bruce. Perhaps Bob the Bruce is unhappy because of the boring, tedious footballing performances he has been subjected to under Levein's tenure. A period in our history which, thankfully, only has a few games to run.

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just to correct your unsubstantiated,  deluded and paranoid postings,  I am NOT Bob the Bruce. Perhaps Bob the Bruce is unhappy because of the boring, tedious footballing performances he has been subjected to under Levein's tenure. A period in our history which, thankfully, only has a few games to run.

Mr Levein is here for a long while yet.

Thankfully.

?????

Bad Religion
9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just coincidence you magically appear on the same thread at the same time?   

Great to see Mr Levein looking forward to the next 2 or 3 years developing the squad to compete at the top table. 

Fantastic stuff.

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That could be a prediction as wildly inaccurate as your 10k prediction this time last year. 

5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Same drivel, same tactics Enzo, Spencer, Hendricks et al not Levein) You would think he knows we have him sussed by now. 

2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Mr Levein is here for a long while yet.

Thankfully.

?????

I honestly wonder if you are just trolling ? Why anybody would want to sign up for more of the gash that has been dished out over the last few seasons is a mystery? Your no a hibby at the windup are you? I thought as a player CL was one of Hearts best of my time but as a manager he has to be regarded as totally mediocre in every way. I dread to think about another season of performances like we have been getting but hey at the end of the day the people paying their dosh will eventually cry enough. 

BOBTHEBRUCE
8 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Haha, you're a proper fruit n nut!

I take it i'm logging in and out?

Or do i have 2 different devices?

Maybe it's just magic. 

6 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I honestly wonder if you are just trolling ? Why anybody would want to sign up for more of the gash that has been dished out over the last few seasons is a mystery? Your no a hibby at the windup are you? I thought as a player CL was one of Hearts best of my time but as a manager he has to be regarded as totally mediocre in every way. I dread to think about another season of performances like we have been getting but hey at the end of the day the people paying their dosh will eventually cry enough. 

I was thinking the exact same tbh defo a Hobo at the wind up! 

Bad Religion
10 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Haha, you're a proper fruit n nut!

I take it i'm logging in and out?

Or do i have 2 different devices?

Maybe it's just magic. 

I don’t know? You tell me 

Enzo Chiefo
9 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Exactly Jock. I get the impression that the Shifty Dodger is either at the wind up, is trolling or is actually Levein himself. I asked him last week why he was so desperate for Meeeeester Levein to continue at the helm , given the smog that he inevitably causes to hang over the club. Of course, he didn't reply.

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

:conspiracy:

It’s not. 

Edited by Bad Religion

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Ohai Bad Religion. ?

I'm Enzo and BtB too.

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Same drivel, same tactics Enzo, Spencer, Hendricks et al not Levein) You would think he knows we have him sussed by now. 

:rofl:

It's amazing how some folk can't grasp that more than one person can share a negative opinion. 

Enzo Chiefo
24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That could be a prediction as wildly inaccurate as your 10k prediction this time last year. 

I don"t think I actually made any predictions in the post you quoted. But bash on anyway with your trolling.

Bad Religion
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ohai Bad Religion. ?

I'm Enzo and BtB too.

Who’s rick witter?

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic