Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

It’s frightening the amount of time and effort some put in (not specifically about poster named).

Keeps them happy.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not so. You have no data to support those comments. What do you mean by ‘large proportion’ ? Forty or fifty posters on here who could in reality be ten to fifteen people at most? 

Anecdotally, i don't know anyone who wants him to stay. Again, that's hardly a great barometer but I genuinely haven't heard any support for him. Anywhere but here amongst a handful of posters.

The Future's Maroon

One of my favourites is bringing up the 4-6-0 he done for Scotland, he even said at the time it would be a formation used in the future and right enough clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd etc DID use it....albeit they had better players and it worked, but he saw something and got ridiculed for it, still does to this day....nothing said when above mentioned teams done it?

Some folk just know **** all about football, which is sad really.

Im not saying he is doing a great job, not at the moment no.....the long game is our vision but some just want instant results but that was never going to happen.

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not so. You have no data to support those comments. What do you mean by ‘large proportion’ ? Forty or fifty posters on here who could in reality be ten to fifteen people at most? 

Probably in reality more like 4 to 6 chief. Seems you've got all bases covered, with your other 15,879 CL happy clappers, the 4 to 6 Levein oot brigade don't stand a chance.

5 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

One of my favourites is bringing up the 4-6-0 he done for Scotland, he even said at the time it would be a formation used in the future and right enough clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd etc DID use it....albeit they had better players and it worked, but he saw something and got ridiculed for it, still does to this day....nothing said when above mentioned teams done it?

Some folk just know **** all about football, which is sad really.

Im not saying he is doing a great job, not at the moment no.....the long game is our vision but some just want instant results but that was never going to happen.

:gok:

Oh ma sides, stop it please 

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

If Levein bores us to death for long enough, and refuses to budge (no pun intended). Will we all become immune to shite performances and just visit Tynecastle for a happy clappy day out, and sing happy clappy songs, while wearing Artful Dodger hats and a cheeky wee smile??

:fonzie:

Brilliant

5 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Anecdotally, i don't know anyone who wants him to stay. Again, that's hardly a great barometer but I genuinely haven't heard any support for him. Anywhere but here amongst a handful of posters.

So you don’t know anyone who wants him to stay. That means everyone you have heard from wants him out? Either a very small pool of inputs or suspicious.  I have spoken to a lot who think he should go and a lot who think he should be given more time to finish what he started. I’m in the latter camp. Way too much knee-jerk actions in football, just look at Man U’s managerial appointments. 

The Future's Maroon
Just now, innerjambo said:

:gok:

Oh ma sides, stop it please 

Nae bother, your constructive reply really got me thinking there.....issue or disagree with my post then please counter it and I’ll happily debate with you.

8 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Nae bother, your constructive reply really got me thinking there.....issue or disagree with my post then please counter it and I’ll happily debate with you.

You'll regret that for the rest of your life.

18 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

You'll regret that for the rest of your life.

And beyond the grave AD.

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I get the impression that he's already got a contract that states he's here for the long run no matter what. 

He's no daft. 

Aye that contract exists. :cornette:

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Aye that contract exists. :cornette:

We gave Connor Sammon a three year contract. I'm ruling nothing out. 

gorgie rd eh11
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

:lol: Aye, fair comment.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

I don't know if he will be manager next season. That's my gut feeling......but if anyone thinks he is going to walk or be pushed because of a few comments on a message board they have got another thing coming.

Neilson walked because he was hounded out on a message board. 

Randy Marsh
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And also Malaury Martin on a 3 1/2  year contract.

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, bistokid said:

Hibs fans do.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Take it you weren’t around in the days of MDV? 

Or Wales, Kirk , Fuller or Adam? ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Neilson walked because he was hounded out on a message board. 

Did he really though? I'm not sure he did.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Did he really though? I'm not sure he did.

Neither am I, but it gets an airing on here every so often so I thought I join in. :)

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Neither am I, but it gets an airing on here every so often so I thought I join in. :)

You can imagine as he walked into Levein's office and gave that as his reason for wanting out???

Can't believe I walked away for 5 minutes, and when I came back we were on page 117 of this critical debate. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Which would be odd considering his derby record!

His derby record during his recent tenure ,since AB strong-armed him back into the job , is that Hibs have won more points against us and finished ahead of us for 2 consecutive seasons.  Unnatural order in my book. I would imagine that Hibbies would want him to stay 

Enzo Chiefo
48 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Which username is Enzo posting under these days? 

I am Enzo and Enzo I will remain. Proud, very proud.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

His derby record during his recent tenure ,since AB strong-armed him back into the job , is that Hibs have won more points against us and finished ahead of us for 2 consecutive seasons.  Unnatural order in my book. I would imagine that Hibbies would want him to stay 

Missed that the season had already finished. That aside, his derby record as a manager and player speaks for itself.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Missed that the season had already finished. That aside, his derby record as a manager and player speaks for itself.

He's not playing now though. You think we'll finish ahead of Hibs ...seriously???

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

So you don’t know anyone who wants him to stay. That means everyone you have heard from wants him out? Either a very small pool of inputs or suspicious.  I have spoken to a lot who think he should go and a lot who think he should be given more time to finish what he started. I’m in the latter camp. Way too much knee-jerk actions in football, just look at Man U’s managerial appointments. 

Sorry, didn't realise my statement was ambiguous. Everyone I speak to wants him to leave. And to be clear, I would count them as fairly forgiving rationale people who all wanted him to succeed. Nothing personal, just the evidence on the park is so obvious now there really is no other answer. 

What I find bizarre is people condescending to folk who want him to leave with statements that require such mental gymnastics. He's shown so little progress and so much consistent failure that to want him to continue requires a leap of faith that he simply doesn't deserve. 

From recruitment to tactics to selection it's been a dismal season. 6th place finish is very poor,  the football is  the worst I recall in recent memory and we have a revolving door of signings that in the majority have not been fit for purpose. 

I like Levein. The player, the manager and the early DOF. But we've slumped for 3 years now under his watch. If he wasn't a club legend I do wonder where people's affinity for him would be now. If he was a fairly obscure English Manager, let's say Higgenbottom for arguments sake, would he be getting support after consecutive seasons of dross?

Edited by bistokid

On 25/04/2019 at 20:37, redjambo said:

:D You started it by spouting utter shite, now proven to be the case.

Craig will hopefully have stepped down by the start of next season's pre-season. We'll always have plenty to argue about though, as ever, but hopefully anyone who includes "facts" in their posts won't just making those facts up on the spot like you did in this thread. But if they do, perhaps I'll be there, keeping them straight. ;)

It wasn't shite. It was an exaggeration. His point was clear enough for Stevie Wonder to see. 

6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I don't think the plane and banners helped. 

3 hours ago, bistokid said:

Sorry, didn't realise my statement was ambiguous. Everyone I speak to wants him to leave. And to be clear, I would count them as fairly forgiving rationale people who all wanted him to succeed. Nothing personal, just the evidence on the park is so obvious now there really is no other answer. 

What I find bizarre is people condescending to folk who want him to leave with statements that require such mental gymnastics. He's shown so little progress and so much consistent failure that to want him to continue requires a leap of faith that he simply doesn't deserve. 

From recruitment to tactics to selection it's been a dismal season. 6th place finish is very poor,  the football is  the worst I recall in recent memory and we have a revolving door of signings that in the majority have not been fit for purpose. 

I like Levein. The player, the manager and the early DOF. But we've slumped for 3 years now under his watch. If he wasn't a club legend I do wonder where people's affinity for him would be now. If he was a fairly obscure English Manager, let's say Higgenbottom for arguments sake, would he be getting support after consecutive seasons of dross?

I think he's getting some slack, not for being a club legend though but because some folk are willing to acknowledge there has been progress. We're better in the derbies and cups than under Neilson and Cathro, the squad is stronger overall and the thought of a third manager change in 3 years probably doesn't appeal to some. Some, like me, probably take into account the ridiculous injuries this year and the very unusual form of Killie which has made the top 6 much more competitive than usual.

Levein for me did enough at the start of this season and in the cups to deserve to see out his contract. Recruitment wise we've had more a lot more successes than failures and are in a good place now - first time in 3 years - where the squad just needs fine tuning rather than overhauling. He's shown in the past that he can pull a great signing or two out of his hat and I expect that again, especially as he is only targeting a handful of players rather than 10+. Judging by Neilson and Ross, and even the fact Cathro is still working at a very high level, I also think Levein can spot a good coach.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think he's getting some slack, not for being a club legend though but because some folk are willing to acknowledge there has been progress. We're better in the derbies and cups than under Neilson and Cathro, the squad is stronger overall and the thought of a third manager change in 3 years probably doesn't appeal to some. Some, like me, probably take into account the ridiculous injuries this year and the very unusual form of Killie which has made the top 6 much more competitive than usual.

Levein for me did enough at the start of this season and in the cups to deserve to see out his contract. Recruitment wise we've had more a lot more successes than failures and are in a good place now - first time in 3 years - where the squad just needs fine tuning rather than overhauling. He's shown in the past that he can pull a great signing or two out of his hat and I expect that again, especially as he is only targeting a handful of players rather than 10+. Judging by Neilson and Ross, and even the fact Cathro is still working at a very high level, I also think Levein can spot a good coach.

Injuries were awful and I acknowledge that. However how he dealt with them was poor. And his signings failed to cover through that period. Even since our players returned, we have arguably been worse. 

Derbies - slight improvement but we'll be finishing below hibs this season and may well finish with a losing record to them.

Cups-  the best I can say is he capitalised on incredible draws - in the Scottish especially.  In cups this season we've beaten Motherwell and Livingston at home. Every other team has been lower league.  That's par. Cathro debacle aside, Neilson got some shitty early draws such as Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen. 

Judging a manager on a quarter of the league season seems incredibly generous to me. 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I don't think the plane and banners helped. 

I don't think it made a blind bit of difference. 

He made a move when his stock was high. 

He was correct to do so. 

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, bistokid said:

Good post. 

6 hours ago, bistokid said:

Good post. Where I am at and have been for a while. 

Fans desire for change isn’t some knee jerk reaction. It’s been the accumulation of the last 3 seasons where, put simply good football and good results have been the exception. 

The club, on the pitch, have stagnated and the evidence of this is for all to see. 

Two good cup runs this season, albeit via very favourable draws, isn’t enough to justify the continuation of the status quo nor is the, what we can now class as, ‘flash in the pan’ period at the start of the season.

If Levein isn’t willing to walk, which I suspect he wouldn’t, AB has a decision to make.

If we somehow beat Celtic in the cup final, that is the only scenario whereby she may choose to keep him in place - a decision of which I wouldn’t nor would a lot of other fans agree was correct. 

For the club to progress on the pitch, a change is required regardless of the cup final result, in my view. To freshen things up and hopefully to try and Install a winning mentality ??

Inch Hearts

We win the cup the goodwill around will ensure he stays on and quite rightfully so - he will deserve his year. 

i wish jj was my dad
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Which would be odd considering his derby record!

correct. there is a reason they hate him

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wow, that's a whole lot of spin right there chief. Have you considered a career in Politics?

BOBTHEBRUCE
11 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

And also Malaury Martin on a 3 1/2  year contract.

Also gave oSHANiwa a 3 year deal. 

56 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

We win the cup the goodwill around will ensure he stays on and quite rightfully so - he will deserve his year. 

Struggling to understand the logic here...you’re saying if we win the cup, irrespective of the dross we have seen over the past three seasons then Craig should get another year?

If Celtic pound us in the final, and do everything but score...and we get a last minute winner, that merits another year?

I’m desperate for Craig to win the cup, so that he can retire gracefully as manager...with the one thing he must crave (to win something with us). However, in my opinion...no matter what happens in the cup final, we’re in desperate need of fresh ideas and a modern, forward-thinking younger manager (someone that can take us to the next level basically).

As a club we’re badly in need of some inspiration on the pitch, some excitement...and seeing Craig in the dugout next season isn’t going to bring that (again, in my opinion).

Sunday is a big game for us, and him in particular. If he suffers another defeat against that lot, this place will go into meltdown. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Sunday is a big game for us, and him in particular. If he suffers another defeat against that lot, this place will go into meltdown. 

We could lose 5-0 on Sunday and he would still get backed to the hilt by his blind fan boiz on here. 

Inch Hearts
27 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Struggling to understand the logic here...you’re saying if we win the cup, irrespective of the dross we have seen over the past three seasons then Craig should get another year?

If Celtic pound us in the final, and do everything but score...and we get a last minute winner, that merits another year?

I’m desperate for Craig to win the cup, so that he can retire gracefully as manager...with the one thing he must crave (to win something with us). However, in my opinion...no matter what happens in the cup final, we’re in desperate need of fresh ideas and a modern, forward-thinking younger manager (someone that can take us to the next level basically).

As a club we’re badly in need of some inspiration on the pitch, some excitement...and seeing Craig in the dugout next season isn’t going to bring that (again, in my opinion).

Yes, the cup win will give the whole club a major shot in the arm including the manager and there won’t be very much rift between the support and the manager going into next season.  We win the Scottish and he deserves next season weather it’s been good the past 2 and a half or not in my opinion only. 

Inch Hearts
25 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

We could lose 5-0 on Sunday and he would still get backed to the hilt by his blind fan boiz on here. 

I believe this to be true.  It will be “personal against Levein blah blah”. I just want a winning team playing with an actual plan that doesn’t involve punting to uche and hoping for the best. I couldn’t care who the manager is if it was the case. 

37 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That’s just absolute rubbish. As a matter of interest who would be your choice to replace Levein?

40 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That is true, and I'd imagine they'd be fine with a bottom 6 finish as well. 

heartandsoul
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

This

3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I don't think it made a blind bit of difference. 

He made a move when his stock was high. 

He was correct to do so. 

I think it did. So there!

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic