LC Semi Final - Tickets on sale Monday 14/10 ( updated )

Sooperstar

23 minutes ago, Mort said:

As I thought, it’s clear you have an agenda.

Hearts fans have been nothing but amazing and you seem to focus on the fact that more people want tickets to a final. What do you expect?

Life gets in the way. Several people I know struggle to make games, a prime example being older people that can’t make every game and have previously followed Hearts for years but want to attend the bigger games. Are they glory hunters? Utter nonsense.

Calling any Hearts supporters a glory hunter is nonsense and deserves to be called out. What is there not to understand that we have a core support and it’s backed up in bigger games?

Give it a rest. P.S how about a charity bet that Hearts sell more than your stated 12k??

You thought wrong, I have no agenda, just stating FACT ! You just can't see it.

Hearts fans were amazing when it came to saving the club from oblivion but let's be honest every club has a merry band of glory hunters, just accept that.

I'd rather sacrifice a couple of league games to attend a Cup game, it's just my way of thinking IF the club managed to get to the Final. 

I'm not calling any particular Hearts fan a Glory Hunter, only those who affiliate themselves to the club but can't be arsed going to the previous rounds but bust a gut to get a ticket for the Final...

Life does get in the way of attending matches, myself included, I'll not be in Paisley tomorrow, the money I would have spent going there for me and my family will pay for half of my day out in Glasgow. I recognise the fact modern day football is far too expensive, I should know because that reason is applicable to me so if finances gets in the way of not attending the match then I for one will have no reason to question. 

Your entitled to your opinion along with myself, we disagree on this topic based on misinterpretation but do not tell me to give it a rest. 

I have gave you factual figures from past events which your not willing to accept. 

If Hearts sell out the full allocation for the semi then I for one will be delighted, if we do that and sell out the remaining 2 small sections in the South Upper then even better.

I'll pass on the charity bet as charity begins at home.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• davemclaren

• Newton51

• Mikey1874

The amount of rubbish on this thread is unbelievable. 

There’s little historical evidence we’ll shift 15000 for this and no chance of more than 20000.

What matters is to stop carping, go there, and do so with the right attitude

9 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

The amount of rubbish on this thread is unbelievable. 

There’s little historical evidence we’ll shift 15000 for this and no chance of more than 20000.

What matters is to stop carping, go there, and do so with the right attitude

This unfortunately.

We took 18,000 to the Inverness semi.

That was a winnable game aswell in that big cup.

This whole fantasy of taking 28,000 at Murrayfield was, well a) it was Murrayfield and b) we were on an incredible run

17,000 will be fine. We'll make a hell of a lot of noise and give them a game. C'MON!!!!

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

So capacity of 51,866 & Hearts get just 17,000?

Doesnt seem weighted towards the Glasgow team at all. 

What would be the point of giving us more than 17,000 when Sevco will sell all theirs?

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What would be the point of giving us more than 17,000 when Sevco will sell all theirs?

Solid viewpoint. 

But wait...Isnt the whole point of the match being at a “neutral” ground so no team can get an advantage which includes the size of the support???

I dont know, I’ve had a couple of glasses of wine. I may be talking pish!

Fozzyonthefence
6 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

If Budge is still feeling a bit defensive, she’d do well to take out some of her anger on the powers that be here.  This is a disgrace, it’s supposed to be a neutral semi final.

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I can’t see Budge accepting a small allocation after the semi fiasco last season. She’ll want 50/50. 

She won’t because she’s not a pant  wetter and knows we won’t sell over 20k for a televised LC semi though at that shitehole.  Why?  Because we never do.

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Solid viewpoint. 

But wait...Isnt the whole point of the match being at a “neutral” ground so no team can get an advantage which includes the size of the support???

I dont know, I’ve had a couple of glasses of wine. I may be talking pish!

Your argument would be valid for a cup final where we would sell half the tickets.  However, it would be ridiculous for this game.  Do you propose that there should be 20,000 empty seats just because we can’t sell anywhere near half the capacity and Sevco should be limited to the number of tickets we sell?

It would also be financial suicide. If we only sell 15,000 tickets and Sevco are limited to the same, a crowd of only 30k when they could sell these tickets.  Another 20k tickets at say an average of £25 is another £500,000 split between the 4 teams as both semis are pooled.

For the people saying the allocation should be a 50/50 split, we've only been given 17k SO FAR. If we sell those, we'll get more. However, I'll be surprised if we do. 

9 hours ago, Boab said:

Sorry if I came across glum !

You are bang on the money about being positive. 

The ticket split will be as I said however. Can’t see it any other way.

:thumbsup:

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

What would be a 50/50 split ticket wise? About 22K each?

I think for cup finals it’s around that mark but that’s because there’s several thousand tickets for sponsors, free loaders, etc.  Doubt there will be as many of these for semis.

1976 semi of the cup vs Dumbarton;

approx 16,000 total crowd followed by a replay,

approx 11,000!

i think 17,000 passionate Jambos in this semi will be just great! 

8 hours ago, been here before said:

Game played in Rangers home city ✔

Rangers given 'their' end ✔

Rangers handed the vast majority of tickets✔

Hearts in the shittest seats furthest from the pitch ✔

Aye its neutral right enough.

It can hardly be their end to be fair. They've only played about 4 games there in their history. 

Never. Let. Them. Forget.

Forever Hearts
4 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

1976 semi of the cup vs Dumbarton;

approx 16,000 total crowd followed by a replay,

approx 11,000!

i think 17,000 passionate Jambos in this semi will be just great! 

Is there any footage of those games kicking about?

Hampden just pisses me off all the time. If the stadium wasn't so crap, behind the goals, more people would be inclined to go. Therefor if the majority of tickets they give us at first are crap ones behind the goal some folk won’t go & we have less chance of getting more better seats..... then you have the knock on that the next time you get to hampden you get a smaller allocation. 

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Not sure why anyones annoyed at 17k. We will no way shift that for this game. 

You're still missing the point. 

7 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

For the people saying the allocation should be a 50/50 split, we've only been given 17k SO FAR. If we sell those, we'll get more. However, I'll be surprised if we do. 

The extra seats we could get are only a thousand or so but agree we will not sell 17k.

8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Your argument would be valid for a cup final where we would sell half the tickets.  However, it would be ridiculous for this game.  Do you propose that there should be 20,000 empty seats just because we can’t sell anywhere near half the capacity and Sevco should be limited to the number of tickets we sell?

It would also be financial suicide. If we only sell 15,000 tickets and Sevco are limited to the same, a crowd of only 30k when they could sell these tickets.  Another 20k tickets at say an average of £25 is another £500,000 split between the 4 teams as both semis are pooled.

You been drinking wine too???

both get 20k initially then after a cut off date they release the rest of the tickets to the club(s) after seeing how many have been sold. That seems fair to me. 

To just give rangers 60% of the stadium straight off the bat seems unfair but hey, I’ve got a bit of a hangover this morning so theres a good chance I’m talking pish!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Montgomery Brewster
6 hours ago, Jambo66 said:

It can hardly be their end to be fair. They've only played about 4 games there in their history. 

Never. Let. Them. Forget.

Correct !!

Ricardo Shillyshally

It's high time any club playing Celtic or rangers at Hampden challenged why they always - without fail - get their "own end"

been here before
11 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

It's high time any club playing Celtic or rangers at Hampden challenged why they always - without fail - get their "own end"

"A National Stadium, a neutral venue" where 2 club sides have their own ends.

9 hours ago, dannymack said:

You thought wrong, I have no agenda, just stating FACT ! You just can't see it.

The boys written "FACT!" in capital letters so everything must be true. Cant argue with a "FACT!" eslecially one with an exclamation mark as that makes it double true.

Why does which end fans sit at bother people so much, makes no difference to how a game of football is played, Celtic and Rangers have "end" purely based on geography. Same would apply if we played hibs at MF all the time!

Edited by TheStig

Will  sadly miss the semi owing to a knee replacement op in late October, not sure when I'll be back at Tynecastle. Off on hols today, only game I'm going to see in the next two months will be the home game versus der hun. Season ticket going to my mate so at least no empty seat in section C in the Wheatfield,  hopefully our return to a semblance of form is continued.

Edited by argyjambo
Spelling

1 hour ago, Bainy said:

Not sure why anyones annoyed at 17k. We will no way shift that for this game. 

We will no way win the game, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be given the opportunity.

Hearts and Hibs will do well to shift 15K IMHO.

We should have been given half the North stand though as best seats in the stadium, however I suspect police may have had input in terms of segregation

letsalldothebeattie

Happy with the date/time of the game my only issue is the low allocation, bit of a joke 17k not like we sold 30k for last years so obvious to everyone the demand will be their. Typical GFA/GPFL

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Happy with the date/time of the game my only issue is the low allocation, bit of a joke 17k not like we sold 30k for last years so obvious to everyone the demand will be their. Typical GFA/GPFL

You seriously think we need more tickets?  When was the last time we took more than 17k to a LC semi in Glasgow?  Have we ever?  

Check some of the total attendances we’ve had in the past - sometimes only 20 odd thousand including Rangers fans!  Last year at Murrayfield was unusual and exceptional circumstances and we we’re sticking 2 fingers up to SPFL to prove a point. Thousands went that wouldn’t normally go and certainly wouldn’t go to Glasgow. Normally we can’t even sell our allocation at Easter Road for a LC semi. 17k is more than enough for the demand, or lack of it, that there will be for this game.

The paranoia in this thread is embarrassing.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

letsalldothebeattie
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You seriously think we need more tickets?  When was the last time we took more than 17k to a LC semi in Glasgow?  Have we ever?  

Check some of the total attendances we’ve had in the past - sometimes only 20 odd thousand including Rangers fans!  Last year at Murrayfield was unusual and exceptional circumstances and we we’re sticking 2 fingers up to SPFL to prove a point. Thousands went that wouldn’t normally go and certainly wouldn’t go to Glasgow. Normally we can’t even sell our allocation at Easter Road for a LC semi. 17k is more than enough for the demand, or lack of it, that there will be for this game.

The paranoia in this thread is embarrassing.

Why shouldn’t we get an even 50/50 split what just because we are playing one half of the Glasgow sides. It’s embarrassing that they continually get given more tickets than us or other clubs. It’s a national semi final that should result in a 50/50 split when it involves 2 of the countries biggest clubs.

8 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Why shouldn’t we get an even 50/50 split what just because we are playing one half of the Glasgow sides. It’s embarrassing that they continually get given more tickets than us or other clubs. It’s a national semi final that should result in a 50/50 split when it involves 2 of the countries biggest clubs.

So take 50/50 and have thousands of empty seats live on TV? That will do the scottish game well!

Fozzyonthefence
23 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

No, your post is embarrassing.  17k is more than fair, as we won’t sell them. You want the club to lose out financially?

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Why shouldn't we get a 50/50 split? Because we won't sell them! 

Fans are less likely to go to this game because A. It's against Rangers. Some folk wont want to take their kids to it, maybe more chance of trouble B. a lot of people wont fancy our chances and C. Its live on TV 

14 hours ago, dannymack said:

Deadly serious, see my previous post with regards to past League Cup Semi Finals.

Name another  club that betters our support on a consistent basis outside the Uglies in Scotland and they're both backed up by bigots and glorying hunting trumpets . 

2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hearts and Hibs will do well to shift 15K IMHO.

We should have been given half the North stand though as best seats in the stadium, however I suspect police may have had input in terms of segregation

No easy answer here, Clerry.

Segregation in the North Stand is the easiest for the old bill and is only one segregation point. If they gave us half the North, there would be two points. One at the North and one at the East/South stands. They won’t do that either because both sets of fans need to have equal access to the South hospitality sections.

It’s messed up but it’s Hampden, it’s always ****ed up !

Ricardo Shillyshally
5 hours ago, TheStig said:

Why does which end fans sit at bother people so much, makes no difference to how a game of football is played, Celtic and Rangers have "end" purely based on geography. Same would apply if we played hibs at MF all the time!

That's fine when they are playing each other. Take last year's sc final. Was that based on geography?

Having your own end makes it a bit more like a home game, ergo it's an advantage. 

To me it should be heads or tails unless there is a compelling reason otherwise

48 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

That's fine when they are playing each other. Take last year's sc final. Was that based on geography?

Having your own end makes it a bit more like a home game, ergo it's an advantage. 

To me it should be heads or tails unless there is a compelling reason otherwise

Agreed it makes more sense when they play each other but again i just don't see what the big up roar is. Last seasons SC it was a 50/50 split. You have to shoot each way so why does it actually matter what end you are at. Although we lost wasn't is great Edwards scored in front of the hearts fans.

4 minutes ago, Tenor said:

We're getting pumped! 😫

They won 4 out of 4 convincingly against us last season. They have just slaughtered the sheep, are a point off the top and are playing and beating good opposition in Europe. We really have no chance. 

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Marooon! said:

They won 4 out of 4 convincingly against us last season. They have just slaughtered the sheep, are a point off the top and are playing and beating good opposition in Europe. We really have no chance. 

A woeful Hibs team got a point against the league leaders today. In a one off game ANYTHING can happen. 

17K would be a good crowd, considering how we are playing and how they are playing. Shouldnt really come in to it, but thats football.

12 hours ago, Marooon! said:

Jeez!!!

On 28/09/2019 at 08:28, been here before said:

"A National Stadium, a neutral venue" where 2 club sides have their own ends.

The boys written "FACT!" in capital letters so everything must be true. Cant argue with a "FACT!" eslecially one with an exclamation mark as that makes it double true.

'The Boys'

Cheers for the compliment 😎

On 28/09/2019 at 11:07, ramrod said:

Name another  club that betters our support on a consistent basis outside the Uglies in Scotland and they're both backed up by bigots and glorying hunting trumpets . 

Your missing the point, there probably isn't another club that can better our support in the numbers game, only Aberdeen and Hibs would come near us, however I couldn't give 2 hoots about 'other' clubs, I'm more concerned about HMFC than any other.

On 28/09/2019 at 00:03, Fozzyonthefence said:

Exactly, great points put forward.