LC Semi Final - Tickets on sale Monday 14/10 ( updated )

Sooperstar

On 28/09/2019 at 11:08, Forever Hearts said:

Are people genuinely still not taking their kids to games against the Old Firm in case there's trouble? 😂

Yeah they're called pantwetters 😒

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• davemclaren

• Newton51

• luckydug

On 28/09/2019 at 12:18, Jambo66 said:

It can hardly be their end to be fair. They've only played about 4 games there in their history. 

Never. Let. Them. Forget.

Very true that.

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 08:13, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

It's high time any club playing Celtic or rangers at Hampden challenged why they always - without fail - get their "own end"

You'd just get some pish about crowd control on the approach to the stadium. Total bullshit I know, but that is how they would justify it.

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

You'd just get some pish about crowd control on the approach to the stadium. Total bullshit I know, but that is how they would justify it.

It is ridiculous and just reinforces all the tired stereotypes about Scottish football only really being about two teams. I might ask Ann about it at the next Shareholders meeting. 😎

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It is ridiculous and just reinforces all the tired stereotypes about Scottish football only really being about two teams. I might ask Ann about it at the next Shareholders meeting. 😎

She should've been asking the question ages ago. Along with every other non Old Firm chairperson. 

On 28/09/2019 at 23:33, fila said:

17K would be a good crowd, considering how we are playing and how they are playing. Shouldnt really come in to it, but thats football.

It would be a very good travelling support if that happened. No doubt about it given the reasons you say. 

In better times we’d take anything between 20 to 25k for Big Cup Semi Finals but the league cup

doesn’t seem to catch the imagination for a lot of people in the same way. 

Last year was a phenomenon and had many reasons associated to

it as to why we had a big support at MF. 

As a gauge I think we’ll take roughly the amount of ST holders we have, at a minimum. We may sneak a thousand or two above that, no more imo. 

been here before
20 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It would be a very good travelling support if that happened. No doubt about it given the reasons you say. 

In better times we’d take anything between 20 to 25k for Big Cup Semi Finals but the league cup

As a gauge I think we’ll take roughly the amount of ST holders we have, at a minimum. We may sneak a thousand or two above that, no more imo. 

Its not a competition I can really get myself up for if Im being honest. I know most folk will disagree with me and Im more than aware of all the arguments for it, one of the 2 competitions we can realistically win, day out for the final, not having won it for so long and all the rest of it but Im just sort if meh about it.

Its a tournament that for years was just kicked about and fannied around with along with the numerous changes in formats. I really like the current set up just now and dont think Ive missed a LC game for a good few years home or away but its always with a bit of the 'its only the League Cup' mentality.

Thats not to say I dont want to see Hearts win it, of course I do. I'll be in a shite Hampden seat along with my wee dude on 3rd Nov and in a better seat again on the 7th Dec and Ill cheer and sing with the rest as its tucked away that afternoon. We'll have won a cup, its worthy of celebrating.

Perhaps its because I remember when winning it got you into Europe and now its just kudos but there's a large part if me always thinks its only the League Cup.

On 28/09/2019 at 08:13, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

It's high time any club playing Celtic or rangers at Hampden challenged why they always - without fail - get their "own end"

There's a great story of how the clubs Head Groundsman Mathie Chalmers drove through to Hampden on the morning of the 1956 Scottish Cup Final, from there on in he entered the 'Home' dressing room and set up the kits and boots etc and laying down our marker. Rumour has it when Celtic turned up they automatically headed for the said 'Home' dressing room as traditionally it was theirs, now I'm not suggesting for 1 second this is why we won the cup that day but if your superstitious then it certainly helped to dislodge their so called superior status and entitlement. 

So the point I'm trying to make here is why can't the club challenge the superiors about their reasons as to WHY Rangers always get the West Terracing ? 

Edited by dannymack

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Correct ,around 15k to 16k and abit thousand that's if we win a couple games  b4 hand, big gaps at tyney recently,hope that gets better?

On 28/09/2019 at 17:10, Marooon! said:

They won 4 out of 4 convincingly against us last season. They have just slaughtered the sheep, are a point off the top and are playing and beating good opposition in Europe. We really have no chance. 

Totally agree with everything you say, overall Rangers are fleeing, 1 bad result against Celtic and the odd under par game but still getting the result needed in their favour however we have a chance like every other opponent, no one has the devine right to win a game, a sprinkling of goodness from Lady Luck and you'll never know, don't write us off before a ball is kicked regardless of the mood. 

You never know, Hearts might surprise you, we're due a bit luck against Rangers especially after what happened at the same venue back in 2008 when yet again we were the victims of cheating. 

(Barry Ferguson handball)

9 hours ago, been here before said:

Its not a competition I can really get myself up for if Im being honest. I know most folk will disagree with me and Im more than aware of all the arguments for it, one of the 2 competitions we can realistically win, day out for the final, not having won it for so long and all the rest of it but Im just sort if meh about it.

Its a tournament that for years was just kicked about and fannied around with along with the numerous changes in formats. I really like the current set up just now and dont think Ive missed a LC game for a good few years home or away but its always with a bit of the 'its only the League Cup' mentality.

Thats not to say I dont want to see Hearts win it, of course I do. I'll be in a shite Hampden seat along with my wee dude on 3rd Nov and in a better seat again on the 7th Dec and Ill cheer and sing with the rest as its tucked away that afternoon. We'll have won a cup, its worthy of celebrating.

Perhaps its because I remember when winning it got you into Europe and now its just kudos but there's a large part if me always thinks its only the League Cup.

What might piss people of going to the semi ,is that we have lost 7 consecutive games to rangers, and a few severe beatings amongst them, live on bt and a 3pm kick off might just put a few off, but you never know a coupl of decent wins might change this ,, 

Bazzas right boot
On 27/09/2019 at 16:54, been here before said:

Game played in Rangers home city ✔

Rangers given 'their' end ✔

Rangers handed the vast majority of tickets✔

Hearts in the shittest seats furthest from the pitch ✔

Aye its neutral right enough.

It's a farce. 

Makes me hate Scottish football and reminds me that if we had been liquidated, I'd have "quit" football in Scotland. 

The whole thing is corrupt to the core. 

10 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

What might piss people of going to the semi ,is that we have lost 7 consecutive games to rangers, and a few severe beatings amongst them, live on bt and a 3pm kick off might just put a few off, but you never know a coupl of decent wins might change this ,, 

We certainly need the likes of Naismith , Souttar, Haring and Walker back.

we have a chance with these back

Forever Hearts
10 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Why would a 3pm kick off put people off?

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Middle of the day. 

Not great for a young family, with travel time means you're away the whole day.

Some wife's (and husbands) might not like another Saturday lost to the football. 

A 1230 means you can be back for tea time! 

Will suit others tho, good for staying oot all day on the piss. 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Middle of the day. 

Some wife's (and husbands) might not like another Saturday lost to the football. 

If it had been 12.30 there would've been uproar. I think 3pm is perfect and surely the idea of a family day out is just that, a day out away from home. And it's a Sunday so any family can still have their day together on the Saturday and the men can go to the football on the Sunday. Ideal. 

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Middle of the day. 

Weird comments from a football fan. Looks like you’re after an excuse not to go. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If it had been 12.30 there would've been uproar. I think 3pm is perfect and surely the idea of a family day out is just that, a day out away from home. And it's a Sunday so any family can still have their day together on the Saturday and the men can go to the football on the Sunday. Ideal. 

It's not good for a family day out if you have a baby or kids not into football and your other half does not care about football. 

As you say Will suit others tho. 

I'll probably go but not a fan of getting back home at 2100 or the likes, the Hampden trek puts me off. 

It's why I stopped going to Scotland games. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Shaggy2 said:

Weird comments from a football fan. Looks like you’re after an excuse not to go. 

How's it weird? 

I'm just thinking of the wider audience and answering a question that a poster put forward. 

I'm going, just saying not everyone in a family likes dedicating a whole Saturday to a game, Ffs. 

Not everyone is single and wants a bevvy. 

Not all families are old enough. 

Not all partners like football. 

Not all partners will like their other half being away all Saturday while they have the kids 5he while day. 

Just answering a question why a 1500 ko might not be great on a Saturday. 

Is that fire works weekend as well? 

It's OK by me, Best given the alternatives tbh.

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not good for a family day out if you have a baby or kids not into football and your other half does not care about football. 

As you say Will suit others tho. 

I'll probably go but not a fan of getting back home at 2100 or the likes, the Hampden trek puts me off. 

It's why I stopped going to Scotland games. 

Ffs. Obviously the time won't suit every single supporter but I reckon the vast majority will be happy with 3pm. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

How's it weird? 

I'm just thinking of the wider audience and answering a question that a poster put forward. 

I'm going, just saying not everyone in a family likes dedicating a whole Saturday to a game, Ffs. 

Not all partners will like their other half being away all Saturday while they have the kids 5he while day. 

A football fan complaining about a 3pm ko is weird. It’s been 3pm, or maybe earlier in winter prior to floodlights, since God was a bairn. 

Sunday is an issue and I can accept that, but if you don’t like 3pm then football isn’t for you. If your domestic life is an issue, then your family should come first. 

I’ve heard legitimate complaints about lunchtimes and teatimes with regard to getting to/from matches but I can’t recall anyone ever raising a concern about 3pm football. 👍

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

A football fan complaining about a 3pm ko is weird. It’s been 3pm, or maybe earlier in winter prior to floodlights, since God was a bairn. 

Sunday is an issue and I can accept that, but if you don’t like 3pm then football isn’t for you. If your domestic life is an issue, then your family should come first. 

I’ve heard legitimate complaints about lunchtimes and teatimes with regard to getting to/from matches but I can’t recall anyone ever raising a concern about 3pm football. 👍

I'm not complaining. 

Read my post. 

I'm just giving reasons why it might not suit some compared to an earlier ko. 

A poster posed that question. 

A unplanned away fixture might cause issues for some. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ffs. Obviously the time won't suit every single supporter but I reckon the vast majority will be happy with 3pm. 

You're the one that ****ing asked. 

Litterally. 

I answered, just helping 👍

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Not missed a semi for 16 years but will probably have to miss this one as it is Sunday at 3pm.  Only way I can go is sleeper train back to London, back to my flat to change and straight off to work.  Considering it but will probably have to give it a miss.

Saturday any time or Sunday lunchtime and I would have gone.  I realise though that 3pm will be good for most people.

mulleted_jambo
On 27/09/2019 at 16:34, boag1874 said:

The club should be demanding a 50/50 split on tickets. It’s ludicrous that they get 70% of the ground at a so called “neutral venue”, they should be sold in such a way that we get the initial 17k and if the demand is there then we can get the rest of the section, if not then we surrender the tickets to Rangers. 

Hibs should be doing exactly the same for their fixture v Celtic. Wouldn’t be opposed to a joint statement if its a decision thats been taken out of our hands by the beaks.

Yes they have a larger fanbase than us but our supporters have just as much of a right to be there as they do

Somene correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure thats exactly whats happening.    The frustrating thing is that the only good seats in the stadium are in the north stand and Rangers will probably end up getting all of that. 

been here before
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No one and I mean no one should buy any tickets at all 

that will make point better than protests or boos 

I was humming and hawing but since you've posted that Ill sleep out to make sure Im first in the queue.

Do you know what the weather forecast will be?

Edited by been here before

Jambo 4 Ever
17 minutes ago, been here before said:

I was humming and hawing but since you've posted that Ill sleep out to make sure Im first in the queue.

Do you know what the weather forecast will be?

Why are you going?

not going is best way to get Out message across your 

22 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No one and I mean no one should buy any tickets at all 

that will make point better than protests or boos 

Looking forward to it. 

been here before
9 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Why are you going?

not going is best way to get Out message across your 

Because I make my own decisions which arent overly influenced by a serial halfwit from Hamilton.

As evidenced by your Yoda-esqe 2nd sentence.

3fingersreid

As far as I’m aware the reason it’s called rangers end and celtic end is prior to hampden being all covered terracing , the sfa approached both teams and asked if they would contribute to the covering of the west and east terracing . If they did so they would always be given the ends they paid for . Rangers paid , celtic didn’t and that’s why for many years when they played at hampden Mother Nature chose to piss it down and wash the *******s clean(er) in the east end of the ground . 

When it it comes to semi finals , sell as many tickets as possible regardless of split , when it comes to a final it should ALWAYS start 50/50 and only extra tickets sold to one team when the other has maxed out . 

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, been here before said:

Because I make my own decisions which arent overly influenced by a serial halfwit from Hamilton.

Well it won’t help anyone if you go

im not going 

been here before
8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Well it won’t help anyone if you go

im not going 

I couldnt give 2 flying ****s what you do or dont do.

Just you stick to your "nanzy boy" shite.

Edited by been here before

4 hours ago, been here before said:

1st time i've smiled all weekend !!!

On 01/10/2019 at 08:11, Smith's right boot said:

How's it weird? 

Games on Sunday

I understand the desire to protest - but boycotting a national semi final isn’t the right time in my opinion.  We have the chance of another final- save the protests to before or after the semi

I think the tickets are being announced tomorrow. I can’t see us selling our allocation. Instead of extra tickets I could see us handing tickets back 

Rocky jamboa

Think everyone is scunnered with things at the moment but on a positive note, we play better v better teams (run celtic close in the final, beaten aberdeen and hibs etc) and hoping we'll have naismith back, who makes us a totally different team, and haring. 

It will be a good day out if anything and as a jambo, we cant take semis and finals for granted. 

The protests go on hold for this one game and we all stick together, as we did for the final. 

maroonsgotop
48 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think the tickets are being announced tomorrow. I can’t see us selling our allocation. Instead of extra tickets I could see us handing tickets back 

probably correct. I'll be going but not expecting much sadly. Don't think we've ever beaten them at Hampden 

1 hour ago, Muirhead said:

I understand the desire to protest - but boycotting a national semi final isn’t the right time in my opinion.  We have the chance of another final- save the protests to before or after the semi

We really don't have any chance with the current management team in charge.  We are in freefall and staring relegation in the face unless the board do the right thing.

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

probably correct. I'll be going but not expecting much sadly. Don't think we've ever beaten them at Hampden 

We haven't played them at Hampden before.

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

We haven't played them at Hampden before.

Point still stands. if we've never played them we've never beaten them