LC Semi Final - Tickets on sale Monday 14/10 ( updated )

Sooperstar

39 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hope they didn't burn their hands doing the draw. Heard those oldfirm balls can get quite hot. 

So, just ignoring the last few years when Rangers played Celtic in the semis 2016/17 & 2017/18?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• davemclaren

• Newton51

• luckydug

Yorkshire-jambo
13 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

I agree...... Pandering to the Glasgow clubs as usual

Yep! This is something that is way bigger than rivalry with Hibs and we need to come together over this.

We should put out a joint statement with Hibs fans over the treatment of our clubs in a so-called "neutral" venue.

Edited by Yorkshire-jambo

Yorkshire-jambo
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Disgraceful. It should be a 50/50 split to start with and if, and only if, we can't sell our allocation should Rangers get offered more. 

Yep! I would rather start with the North stand onwards and then keep giving us section by section till we get to the south as at least that way we would get more seats in the "prime" areas.

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Disgraceful. It should be a 50/50 split to start with and if, and only if, we can't sell our allocation should Rangers get offered more. 

This

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What is the split?

14 minutes ago, Yorkshire-jambo said:

It's not possible to give only a part of the North due to the way it was designed.

Which part can't be segregated?

Its been shared in previous games

Yorkshire-jambo
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Which part can't be segregated?

Its been shared in previous games

Right down the middle but I've never seen a game where either section D or C is split between two supports.

Just now, Yorkshire-jambo said:

Right down the middle but I've never seen a game where either section D or C is split between two supports.

Each section is separated.

You can do it. 

The Scottish football institutional bias prevails. Apparently it’s in the National stadium’s DNA that there is a Celtic end (East) and Rangers end (West).

The fact that typically Hearts were drawn first and have an equal claim to West stand traditionally is ignored.

More seats and preferred ends to support and provide an advantage to the hopes eventuality of an Old Firm derby.

Not to mention that I can’t stand the East stand, it’s jinxed:

Airdrie semi final

St Mirren final

Scotland lost to Italy

The Old Tolbooth
21 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

So, just ignoring the last few years when Rangers played Celtic in the semis 2016/17 & 2017/18?

The reality is that when both clubs have made the semi finals, that they've been drawn more against each other than the odds would suggest they should be, completely busting the "fixed" myth, Scottish football might be as corrupt as it gets. but the draws aren't imo. 

As for the ticket allocation, if we take more than 12k I'll be surprised, historically that's always been the case, and for all Levein has a brilliant record against Hibs, his record against Rangers is appalling, and a lot of fans won't forget that. 

Don't see what the problem is, rangers are a bigger club with a bigger support. Just like last season when we played ICT, we have a much larger support so they got put in a shitty wee corner. The only way to get 50/50 would be a final or constantly getting so semis and taking 20k+.

32 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Ticket prices seem a bit high but I guess they know it'll sell out (or be close to).

I thought the pricing was quite good - £25 for adults and £10 for concessions. That's behind the goals right enough.

Anyone who wants a ticket for this one will get one. I reckon we'll be doing well if we sell our initial 17k allocation. Some fans not as keen to travel through when it's the OF. The craig Beattie semi in 2012 we only took around 9k. 

I'm raging about this.

The best seats are in the North and South Stands. We should have been one or other, or half of each. Instead Rangers get the whole of the North and in all likelihood half of the South. That gives them a big advantage.

The only way we get extra tickets if we sell out all the crap seats in the East Stand. And if that happens those tickets will be in some of the best sections in the stadium in the middle of the South Stand. 

And as far as I can see there are no discounted prices for kids in the South Stand so families are forced to sit in the East Stand.

Everything about it will discourage fans from attending which will in turn justify the decision.

Why not give us the whole South Stand, sell from the middle out and sell the East Stand in sections?

Hearts and Hibs have accepted a crap deal here and it is pretty disappointing.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, Paulp74 said:

I thought the pricing was quite good - £25 for adults and £10 for concessions. That's behind the goals right enough.

Anyone who wants a ticket for this one will get one. I reckon we'll be doing well if we sell our initial 17k allocation. Some fans not as keen to travel through when it's the OF. The craig Beattie semi in 2012 we only took around 9k.

Correct.

43 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

North or maybe another section in South Stand will be extra if we can sell more but will be a cut off till they go to Rangers. 

They're getting all of the North stand. 

I'd prefer to have half the north stand and give them more of the south stand if required. Seems more of a neutral stadium when the north stand is split. 

7 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I'd be really chuffed if we sell 17k, very much depends on our form between now and then. 

I’m ok with the allocations in general but think concessions tickets should be available all the south stand too. Took my little one to the cup final behind the goals with everyone standing as he could still hardly see anything 

Tbh, both the arse cheeks should be given half the North with a proviso that if neither Edinburgh team sells out its initial 17K allocation by a date agreed by us, that more tickets will be released. It's then up to us to sell out the initial 17K quickly and ensure a 50/50 split. The sheep did no-one any favours last year by insisting on 50/50 then coming nowhere near to selling out. As much as I despise them, the OF could probably both sell out the whole stadium on their own.

been here before
24 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I'm raging about this.

The best seats are in the North and South Stands. We should have been one or other, or half of each. Instead Rangers get the whole of the North and in all likelihood half of the South. That gives them a big advantage.

The only way we get extra tickets if we sell out all the crap seats in the East Stand. And if that happens those tickets will be in some of the best sections in the stadium in the middle of the South Stand. 

And as far as I can see there are no discounted prices for kids in the South Stand so families are forced to sit in the East Stand.

Everything about it will discourage fans from attending which will in turn justify the decision.

Why not give us the whole South Stand, sell from the middle out and sell the East Stand in sections?

Hearts and Hibs have accepted a crap deal here and it is pretty disappointing.

Agree with every single word of this. Its an absolute ****ing shite arrangement.

Aye nae bother give Rangers 70% of the ground and we'll take all the shit seats that are left'... 

£30 if you want your bairn to have a halfway decent shit view?

The seats wont sell not because the support isnt there but because they're ****ing terrible.

Who the **** agreed to this crap? '

I hate Hampden, hate it with a passion.

Edited by been here before

7 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Tbh, both the arse cheeks should be given half the North with a proviso that if neither Edinburgh team sells out its initial 17K allocation by a date agreed by us, that more tickets will be released. It's then up to us to sell out the initial 17K quickly and ensure a 50/50 split. The sheep did no-one any favours last year by insisting on 50/50 then coming nowhere near to selling out. As much as I despise them, the OF could probably both sell out the whole stadium on their own.

This creates a chicken and egg situation where the South Stand seats don’t sell as there are no concessions and too expensive for anyone with kids and the East Stand tickets don’t sell as the view behind the goals is utterly appalling.

Disgraceful that Hearts would think this is an acceptable solution.

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

Agree with every single word of this. Its an absolute ****ing shite arrangement.

Aye nae bother give Rangers 70% of the ground and we'll take all the shit seats that are left'... 

£30 if you want your bairn to have a halfway decent shit view?

Who the **** agreed to this crap? '

I hate Hampden, hate it with a passion.

We take the boaby every time without complaint.

HMFC are part of the problem, spineless like the rest.

38 minutes ago, niemi26 said:

The Scottish football institutional bias prevails. Apparently it’s in the National stadium’s DNA that there is a Celtic end (East) and Rangers end (West).

The fact that typically Hearts were drawn first and have an equal claim to West stand traditionally is ignored.

More seats and preferred ends to support and provide an advantage to the hopes eventuality of an Old Firm derby.

Not to mention that I can’t stand the East stand, it’s jinxed:

Airdrie semi final

St Mirren final

Scotland lost to Italy

I'm glad someone else thinks that.. I thought it was just me, don't think I've witnessed a Hearts win from the East Stand.... always a first though :)

been here before
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

We take the boaby every time without complaint.

HMFC are part of the problem, spineless like the rest.

Those 'genuine supporters' will have their cosy seats in the middle of the South stand no doubt, while the rest of us put up with this shit.

Fxxk it.

23 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Your last sentence is wrong.

We sold at least 12K probably more.

That was a Sunday lunch time KO .

Sunday afternoon at 3.00pm makes a big difference.

I think we will sell 17k no problem as long as they are sensible with the LP arrangements.

If we sell the initial allocation, we’ll get the remainder of the north up to the half way line? That’s the only way possible for extra tickets to come available 

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

This creates a chicken and egg situation where the South Stand seats don’t sell as there are no concessions and too expensive for anyone with kids and the East Stand tickets don’t sell as the view behind the goals is utterly appalling.

Disgraceful that Hearts would think this is an acceptable solution.

Good point. We had 29K at Murrayfield last year and 18K at Hampden for the ICT semi. Can't remember exactly how many the mutton molesters sold for their semi but they sure as hell didn't sell out. We'll always shift our allocation for a final but I can't remember us taking more than 20K to Hampden for a semi since Dundee Utd in 86.

1 minute ago, Daz_1874_HMFC said:

If we sell the initial allocation, we’ll get the remainder of the north up to the half way line? That’s the only way possible for extra tickets to come available 

I think the extra tickets are south upper. Think rangers are getting full north.

2 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Good point. We had 29K at Murrayfield last year and 18K at Hampden for the ICT semi. Can't remember exactly how many the mutton molesters sold for their semi but they sure as hell didn't sell out. We'll always shift our allocation for a final but I can't remember us taking more than 20K to Hampden for a semi since Dundee Utd in 86.

And it was ICT with a 12:30 kick off, 3pm is a much better kick off time.

The non 50-50 split is infuriating, but the decision not to offer concessions in the one fit for purpose stand we have been offered is scandalous.

5 minutes ago, Daz_1874_HMFC said:

But effectively what we are saying to the hardcore support is buy early and get a really awful seat.  If you do so in enough numbers we will offer the best seats in the house to those who attend least... only in Scottish football.

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The non 50-50 split is infuriating, but the decision not to offer concessions in the one fit for purpose stand we have been offered is scandalous.

It's incredible.

Hopefully when Ann wakes up from her afternoon nap she will be on the case.

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I don't know the exact crowd for the 1996 Scottish cup semi final v Aberdeen, but their support was pathetic and ours seemed excellent. 

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I totally agree David on both points. We have been shafted as have Hibs. Can see why it was done but it was/is wrong. We all know that both arse cheeks will sell 25K no probs. Both us and Hibs would sell 25K no probs for a final but it's debatable for a semi. Aberdeen demanded and got 50/50 last year and didn't sell out so they're figuring sell 34K to the OF and let's see if us and Hibs can shift 17K. Still wrong though.

been here before
1 hour ago, Yorkshire-jambo said:

F1 will be the place to avoid with it right next to that lot.

There were folk spoutung the same pish with the North stand seats next to the Sellick fans in the cup final last year- all sorts of horror stories about the predicted carnage and violence.

Passed off with no bother whatsoever.

Edited by been here before

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't know the exact crowd for the 1996 Scottish cup semi final v Aberdeen, but their support was pathetic and ours seemed excellent. 

Just checked on London Hearts. Crowd was 27,785 so we probably took around the 19-20K mark for that

8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

We sold our 18.5k and the att. was 27k+. Indeed, quite a few on our bus had to go around and snap up tickets for their end. Told us afterwards there were dozens of Jambos in amongst the Dons. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, XB52 said:

Would be amazed if we get anywhere near selling the 17k

That's not the point though. We should be given an initial 50% of the tickets and if we don't sell them then by all means give them to Rangers. 

1 hour ago, Coolio said:

You're spot on Boab cause it's how I am in life, glass half full. 

Our support at the Aberdeen match remained optimistic to the very end and in so doing were positive and helped facilitate a successful outcome. Should our results continue to be positive then our support's optimism will lead to increased ticket sales for the SF due to increased belief.

All ifs, buts and maybes but, as a support, we've been too long in the doldrums and I for one refuse to remain there.

Optimism breeds positivity and belief, both of which we need more of. 

Sorry if I came across glum !

You are bang on the money about being positive. 

The ticket split will be as I said however. Can’t see it any other way.