LC Semi Final - Tickets on sale Monday 14/10 ( updated )

Sooperstar

oh ah grantona
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Better to compare historic semi finals against the Old Firm. I'd bet we won't be far off those attendances.

We should be at the level that 20k for any semi final imo but the product on the park is negative and failing. We are in serious trouble of Hibs selling more 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• davemclaren

• Newton51

• Mikey1874

Not having the first class postage option will not help sales imo.

Football is costly enough without having £6.95 delivery charge plus admin fees bumping the price up.

Ticket office was busy when I was in yesterday as you would expect . It's worth making the effort to go in person to buy and save on the extortionate extras.

6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Better to compare historic semi finals against the Old Firm. I'd bet we won't be far off those attendances.

We have had some really poor turn outs for LC semi finals. Not just at Hampden but also Easter Road and even once at Motherwell.

Seems the 'wee cup' just doesn't capture the imagination of the Hearts support.

Last year at Murrayfield being an exception which shows what we are capable of achieving given the right circumstances. 

I'm desperate to see us lift the LC again I never imagined in October 1962  that I would be picking up my pension and still not lifted it again.

We dominated that tournament back then winning it  four times in eight years plus a losing final as well.

It's been too long imo.

Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not having the first class postage option will not help sales imo.

Football is costly enough without having £6.95 delivery charge plus admin fees bumping the price up.

Ticket office was busy when I was in yesterday as you would expect . It's worth making the effort to go in person to buy and save on the extortionate extras.

Easy to say if you live in the Edinburgh area. Many Hearts fans don't. 

7 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I assume other sections will open up? Still waiting on 3 but don’t fancy any of the seats currently available 

Looks like they are opening one section at a time. I'm waiting until F1/F2 open up (might be a while mind you) as was there for the ICT game and decent view...probably about the best given the shite seating we've been given.

5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Looks like they are opening one section at a time. I'm waiting until F1/F2 open up (might be a while mind you) as was there for the ICT game and decent view...probably about the best given the shite seating we've been given.

Cheers mate. Yep it’s a disgrace.

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I honestly believe if we got a new manager in place before the semi we would sell out no problem. The bounce it would give the players and fans would be tremendous. 

I can't remember ever selling out a league cup semi and I include Hampden, Easter Road and Fir Park in that. Last year was a complete one off and shouldn't be used in any comparison. 

The Treasurer
32 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I suspect that the club have been told to only open up other areas once all/most tickets are sold, but people are holding on as there are only shite tickets left.

If our "national stadium" wasn't such a shit-hole then people would be happy with what was available and each section would fill up much more quickly

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

That's true and why this special delivery caper is a rip off.

Don't think that's Hearts doing though.

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That's true and why this special delivery caper is a rip off.

Don't think that's Hearts doing though.

Is it a rip off if your tickets get lost in the post and they can’t reprint?

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Unfortunately it's something many of us outside of Edinburgh are used to. 

Although the more annoying frustration was returning home from work yesterday to find a royal mail 'we tried to deliver your special delivery item' slip in my letter box yesterday. If you've ever been to a central London post office on a Saturday morning to collect a package, you will know it's probably quicker for me to come up to the ticket office to get them.

23 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I can't remember ever selling out a league cup semi and I include Hampden, Easter Road and Fir Park in that. Last year was a complete one off and shouldn't be used in any comparison. 

Exactly.

2008 V Rangers - 7,000 if you're lucky

2013 v ICT at ER - circa 14,000

2014 v ICT at ER - circa 10,000

Scottish cup semi v Celtic in 2012 - circa 12,000

Scottish cup semi v ICT this year - circa 18,000

That's an average of just over 12,000 that increases to 14,500 if you include around 28,000 at Murrayfield last October.

If we sell 12,000 for this we'll be doing well and bang on what we'd normally sell.

1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

Exactly.

Ah Basketball Barry Ferguson one that wasn't it? 

Pretty depressing night all round. Hardly any of us, pi$$ing rain, terrible game, a sense of injustice. All the things you look for in a semi..

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

im holding off too but also worried that if tickets don’t sell then they could give back those sections to rangers as that’s happened before

I got mines this morning, G2, behind the goals. decent seats, half way back. There was a slight delay getting on at 9.00am. 

I thought there would be quite a few sales this morning but doesnt seem to be the case. Suppose that sums up the apathy around the football at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

A few on here DESPERATE for sales to be low.

What a weird thing to say 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What a weird thing to say 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Just an observation, Ricky, old chap.

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Exactly.

2013 v ICT at ER - circa 14,000

2014 v ICT at ER - circa 10,000

Scottish cup semi v Celtic in 2012 - circa 12,000

Scottish cup semi v ICT this year - circa 18,000

That's an average of just over 12,000 that increases to 14,500 if you include around 28,000 at Murrayfield last October.

If we sell 12,000 for this we'll be doing well and bang on what we'd normally sell.

If we had a proper manager, were sitting a lot higher up the league and playing decent football we'd be close to selling this out. There's plenty not going because they are basically scunnered. 

19 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If we had a proper manager, were sitting a lot higher up the league and playing decent football we'd be close to selling this out. There's plenty not going because they are basically scunnered. 

So what about all the previous attendances??

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

So what about all the previous attendances??

Poor teams, ko times, tv, apathy, expecting to get pumped. All kinds of different reasons. 

9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Poor teams, ko times, tv, apathy, expecting to get pumped. All kinds of different reasons. 

Yep, people will always find an excuse.

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Facts or excuses. The fact is I won't be going to Hampden because I am utterly sick of Craig Levein. 

48 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Too many part timers in our support imo.

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I'd prefer F1 or F2 but at the rate we're selling these I can see us handing back F1-F4. A potential pumping on Sunday won't help matters. Looking like a shite seat 60m behind the goal.

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Every support has them to be fair. 

Spouting some amount of pish as usual and you wouldn't be going no matter who's in charge. 

1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Ah Basketball Barry Ferguson one that wasn't it? 

Pretty depressing night all round. Hardly any of us, pi$$ing rain, terrible game, a sense of injustice. All the things you look for in a semi..

Aye just before he went on the piss on an away trip with the Scotland team and then flicked the V's at the supporters at Hampden.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Spouting some amount of pish as usual and you wouldn't be going no matter who's in charge. 

I haven't missed a semi or final since I started following Hearts, so not for the first time you are talking absolute crap. No surprise with you being a Levein fanboy/happy clapper. 

27 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Too many part timers in our support imo.

Has always been the way going by previous attendance at semis.

Murrayfield was a one off.

A good morning for sales! C. 1,000 sold. I’d imagine G1 will open soon(ish), at that point the Hearts support will have turned the corner .... from SE corner to NE corner and a wall of maroon directly behind the goal is assured!!

Now only 200 seats left in G2 which opened for sale today. And only 80 mainly single seats in total available in all other areas!

14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I haven't missed a semi or final since I started following Hearts, so not for the first time you are talking absolute crap. No surprise with you being a Levein fanboy/happy clapper. 

Aye right, anyway, enjoy the game from the sofa as per usual. 

33 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Facts or excuses. The fact is I won't be going to Hampden because I am utterly sick of Craig Levein. 

For the record I'm not criticising anyone for not going. As I always say, people can make their own choices. I have chosen not to go myself in the past. The last League Cup semi v Rangers being one of them, even though I was in Glasgow for the night I just watched it in a pub.

But let's not pretend that the inevitable shite ticket sales here are any different from what has gone in the past. The exception of course being Celtic last year which was a unique situation owing to the venue of the match.

Edited by Sooperstar

16 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

A good morning for sales! C. 1,000 sold. I’d imagine G1 will open soon(ish), at that point the Hearts support will have turned the corner .... from SE corner to NE corner and a wall of maroon directly behind the goal is assured!!

Now only 200 seats left in G2 which opened for sale today. And only 80 mainly single seats in total available in all other areas!

Total 268

South Lower 54

L4 6

L3 18

L2 22

L1 8

East 214

G7 7

G6 2

G5 2

G4 8

G3 14

G2 181

Edited by Mikey1874

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

South Lower 54

L4 6

L3 18

L2 22

L1 8

East

G7 7

G6 2

G5 2

G4 8

G3 14

G2 181

some of the seats in the south lower are ridiculous. One random column of individual seats

On 16/10/2019 at 21:42, Lfhearts said:

No way are even 10k Hearts fans going to this, talk among most is that apathy reigns and it lies at the door of our leader/Levein.

13 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

some of the seats in the south lower are ridiculous. One random column of individual seats

Perfect for those that like to sit next to an aisle and also for those that want to sit and not have to stand up to let others in / out to other seats!

Should be re-classified as ‘premium seats’!

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

No way are even 10k Hearts fans going to this, talk among most is that apathy reigns and it lies at the door of our leader/Levein.

The dots are louder than your words ..... sales are steady, admittedly not at 10k yet BUT won’t be much longer ... patience ....

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Perfect for those that like to sit next to an aisle and also for those that want to sit and not have to stand up to let others in / out to other seats!

Should be re-classified as ‘premium seats’!

Decent view of any emergency vehicles 

IMG_20191018_133813.jpg

IMG_20191018_133818.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

A lot of people are probably waiting to see how we play this Sunday. Put up a fight and i think we'll see more tickets shift. Roll over like we have done previously and it won't be a great turn out at hampden.

Forever Hearts
40 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Aye right, anyway, enjoy the game from the sofa as per usual. 

I hope to enjoy it. But I'll be in the pub. 👍

Seats sold, assuming none held back which I don't think has happened.

South Lower 4387

J1 775

L6 874

L5 754

L4 715

L3 1017

L2 233 

L1 19

East

G8 86

G7 723

G6 747

G5

G4

G3

G2 

Edited by Mikey1874

30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

South Lower 4387

J1 775

L6 874

L5 754

L4 715

L3 1017

L2 233 

L1 19

East 4226 (+G2)

G8 86

G7 723

G6 747

G5 842

G4 899

G3 929

G2 

Edited by Mikey1874

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

South Lower 4387

J1 775

L6 874

L5 754

L4 715

L3 1017

L2 233 

L1 19

East

G8 86

G7 723

G6 747