LC Semi Final - Tickets on sale Monday 14/10 ( updated )

Sooperstar

38 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

G1 still selling well, can see another section being opened

Pretty sure if they open a section in F then they will be as well opening them all as they can't properly segregate there

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• davemclaren

• Newton51

• luckydug

18 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Giving MY OPINION that it is unlikely we'll sell 17k tickets, when we've only sold 10k so far, is me being "desperate" for us to send tickets back?! Hardly! 

The "we'll find out soon enough" response is because there's no point arguing over will we/won't we sell our ticket allocation. Only time will tell what actually happens.

You're confusing me with one of these hobo in disguise posters who wants nothing more than having a dig at the club. I'm being realistic that we will unlikely sell out our allocation. 

If you don't deal well with people having different opinions to yours, maybe a fan forum isnt for you. 

You're probably right we will send some back but not as early as this week.

You got my back up with your concern over The Rangers having enough time to sell any returns.

Surely as a Hearts fan you want as few huns there as possible.  Let's not make it easy for them.

Once we start selling tickets for F sections then segregation will eat into the tickets Sevco receive.

So whatever happens they will not be getting 7k tickets.

On 21/10/2019 at 13:05, Hectormasson said:

Lucky if there was 16k yesterday,take away the sevco ? Think scott Wilson said 18k , no chance,,

TICKETS SOLD, NOT BUMS ON SEATS!!!!!!!

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Pretty sure if they open a section in F then they will be as well opening them all as they can't properly segregate there

We could let them borrow the big G4S tarp from the Roseburn

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

You're probably right we will send some back but not as early as this week.

You got my back up with your concern over The Rangers having enough time to sell any returns.

Surely as a Hearts fan you want as few huns there as possible.  Let's not make it easy for them.

Once we start selling tickets for F sections then segregation will eat into the tickets Sevco receive.

So whatever happens they will not be getting 7k tickets.

Definitely. I'd prefer there to be 7k empty seats than 7k more huns there!  I presume the gate receipts are split 4 ways from the 2 ties so 7k less of their fans would mean more than the small amount of cash we'd lose out on. 

I'm referring more from an sfa/spfl point of view (whoever deals with the ticketing arrangements) of them requesting tickets back from us sooner rather later, if they think it looks like we wont sell out. 

19 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Definitely. I'd prefer there to be 7k empty seats than 7k more huns there!  I presume the gate receipts are split 4 ways from the 2 ties so 7k less of their fans would mean more than the small amount of cash we'd lose out on. 

I'm referring more from an sfa/spfl point of view (whoever deals with the ticketing arrangements) of them requesting tickets back from us sooner rather later, if they think it looks like we wont sell out. 

Don’t think it works like that does it ?

They will already have a proposed segregation line set out and won’t sell tickets in those sections unless it looks like they will sell. Which they probably won’t.

The SFA May well be arseholes but they’re not idiots.

7 hours ago, dunciboyjambo said:

We need a good result against Livi and get news a few of the key injured players are back to reach the 15k... let’s make it happen, I’ve just managed to convince a few colleagues that were on the fence to buy tickets.. it’s not often we get to a semi, I just can’t work out why fans would want to stay away, on our day we’re capable of competing with anyone in the league.. !!

It’s a good way to protest though by not going.

more effective than Neds shouting abusive language or not going to a league game (as season tickets are already bought)

Bought my tickets earlier. Was hoping for section f but not looking hopeful now. It’s easier for segregation if giving the whole section back. Still plenty of tickets left in the south stand

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

more effective than Neds shouting abusive language or not going to a league game (as season tickets are already bought)

Not backing the team in a valuable match for the next manager is clever?

4 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

We've already sold more tickets than usual for this competition at the semi stage at Hampden, so I'd suggest not going now is a shite way to protest :thumbsup:

The Treasurer
15 hours ago, Boab said:

Don’t think it works like that does it ?

They will already have a proposed segregation line set out and won’t sell tickets in those sections unless it looks like they will sell. Which they probably won’t.

The SFA May well be arseholes but they’re not idiots.

Really ?

We_are_the_Hearts
9 hours ago, Dunks said:

We've already sold more tickets than usual for this competition at the semi stage at Hampden, so I'd suggest not going now is a shite way to protest :thumbsup:

How many have we sold?

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Really ?

Really.

If they were idiots, they would have given us half the allocation and sold us North Stands tickets. 

10 hours ago, Dunks said:

Indeed !

Remember when everyone was complaining about us never getting to the later stages of cup competitions. 

Well this is now our third semi final in a row and some people want to boycott it.

What's more Sunday showed that even with most of our best players not available we can still compete in big matches.  We ran Celtic close in the cup final as well . There is every chance we could pull off a shock in this semi final and we may have players back from injury as well.

We should put this dispute with manager to one side and turn up at Hampden in numbers.

19 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Indeed !

Remember when everyone was complaining about us never getting to the later stages of cup competitions. 

Well this is now our third semi final in a row and some people want to boycott it.

What's more Sunday showed that even with most of our best players not available we can still compete in big matches.  We ran Celtic close in the cup final as well . There is every chance we could pull off a shock in this semi final and we may have players back from injury as well.

We should put this dispute with manager to one side and turn up at Hampden in numbers.

Agree completely.

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

How many have we sold?

31 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Any estimates on how many we've sold?

Thousands :thumbsup:

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Really.

If they were idiots, they would have given us half the allocation and sold us North Stands tickets. 

Even a complete idiot has a chance of being right once in a blue moon.

Anyway it's the League, not the SFA that "organise" the League Cup

We took 17.000 with the opportunity of handing back some if not sold, the next amount would of been 19.000 but paying for all tickets due to segregation so seem like the sensible idea 👍🏻

Rangers are getting section f. Don’t know if all of it but ticket office told the fans they will be emailed today about it. Heard from a few

rangers fans in work 

been here before
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Rangers are getting section f. Don’t know if all of it but ticket office told the fans they will be emailed today about it. Heard from a few

rangers fans in work 

9 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

Heard rangers were getting another 7k tickets 

So we've shifted c10k tickets? Not bad considering. But imagine Paulp74 at the news....

giphy-1.gif.6a4e33a26efd0d06478ebc01cb53f364.gif

... you 2 crazy kids arent just teasing him are you?

Johnny Sandiego
17 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Its probably the most pathetic "protest" anyone could do, not backing the team in a semi final of one out the two competitions we can realistcaly win.

These games dont come round all that often so we need as many fans as possible to attend and support the players for the 90 mins. Anyone who doesnt understand that and instead takes a petty stance of protest is a clown in my opinion. 

Would you protest and not go to a final too? Or a semi against Hibs? 

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

So we've shifted c10k tickets? Not bad considering. But imagine Paulp74 at the news....

giphy-1.gif.6a4e33a26efd0d06478ebc01cb53f364.gif

... you 2 crazy kids arent just teasing him are you?

lol

Think less than 10k as unsold seats in south stand. Upper seats were the additional tickets if we had sold out so waiting to hear what happens to them

If they are giving Rangers the entire section F they are not keeping many tickets back for Hearts fans.

As long as Rangers get their tickets that's the main thing though.😕

There's eleven days to go before the game far too early to be giving back tickets imo.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

If they are giving Rangers the entire section F they are not keeping many tickets back for Hearts fans.

As long as Rangers get their tickets that's the main thing though.😕

There's eleven days to go before the game far too early to be giving back tickets imo.

What would removing section F leave the Hearts capacity at? 

How many did Rangers get initially?

I guess breakdown overall if they get more is 12k to us. 35k to them?

8 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Just over 100 tickets left in G1 so still selling

Payday for some this week also,may may be a little spike in sales then.

Be daft to hand back tickets too soon and just leave expensive seats and dregs.

Bought two tickets last night.  Haven't missed a semi since 2003 so was keen to go.

Train up from London on the Saturday afternoon with a change at Carlisle and getting into Edinburgh Saturday night.  Then I'll be flying back from Glasgow Sunday at 9pm and will get back to my flat in London after midnight and up at 7am on Monday for work.  I hope we at least put up a good fight to make the time and money I've spent worth it.

It's always disappointing to see the level of support for semi finals.  I can't really understand why more people don't go but there's nothing surprising in the sales so far.  With or without Levein, we never get a great support for semis v the Old Firm (Murrayfield v Celtic being an exception for obvious reasons).  We also have an awful record in semis/finals against the Old Firm (I think it's only 2 wins in my lifetime and I'm 32) so I guess I've answered my own question about why people don't go...

Edited by Stanley_

airdriejambo3

Was just thinking back at my travels to Hampden, and i was thinking that I dont think I have ever seen Hearts win from the end we are in. Am I wrong in thinking that? I'm racking my brain and cant think of any sucess since my first visit in 86 cup final.

2 minutes ago, airdriejambo3 said:

Was just thinking back at my travels to Hampden, and i was thinking that I dont think I have ever seen Hearts win from the end we are in. Am I wrong in thinking that? I'm racking my brain and cant think of any sucess since my first visit in 86 cup final.

When we beat Gretna on penalties, we filled the vast majority of the east stand as well as the east end of the South Stand, although our main allocation was for the west stand.

Probably the most Hearts fans at a game since the cup final against Aberdeen in 86?

airdriejambo3
2 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

When we beat Gretna on penalties, we filled the vast majority of the east stand as well as the east end of the South Stand, although our main allocation was for the west stand.

Probably the most Hearts fans at a game since the cup final against Aberdeen in 86?

Ah right enough forgot how much of the stadium we had that day because i was stuck with a restricted view where the top tier hangs over the west 😁😁, still having nightmares about St Midden and Rangers 5-1 visits to that end.

I get handing tickets back if we don't sell, but everything we have is close to sold. Surely we aren't handing all of section F back with two weeks to go and we've already pretty much sold the rest out?

I know the form has been horrendous but think the pricing and the restricted areas for kids tickets has been a big issue for this. 

7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

We are a pathetic wee club according to the Huns having returned 7 thousand tickets.

if I was Charles Green, I'd have spent my money elsewhere.

It’s hardly unexpected that we’ve not and are unlikely to sell out our tickets for the semi but has our allocation already been reduced? One of my Rangers supporting mates has just got an email offering tickets from the club as more have now become available therefore assuming we’ve now sent some back?

22 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

We are a pathetic wee club according to the Huns having returned 7 thousand tickets.

Surely we haven’t returned all of the tickets for Section F.

That would only leave a few hundred tickets available for concessions.

It would also be forcing folk to buy the more expensive South stand.

The Rangers fans have a point if the above is true.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Surely we haven’t returned all of the tickets for Section F.

That would only leave a few hundred tickets available for concessions.

It would also be forcing folk to buy the more expensive South stand.

The Rangers fans have a point if the above is true.

Still a few hunner left in south and suppose they could open south upper if need be

If this is true it should serve as a wake up call to CL & AB about the mood of the fans at the moment.  It won’t though. 

2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

If this is true it should serve as a wake up call to CL & AB about the mood of the fans at the moment.  It won’t though. 

Correct

3 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

we sold around 10,000 for the 2012 SC semi FFS! 

4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I cannot recall in recent times where they thought the mood of the fans mattered in the slightest.........