Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

Austin MacGlee
11 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

What a really good post, not often I would say that to you Austin.  I think you mirror a lot of the thoughts on here and from the wider support in general.  Reading a few things on here makes me question "Genuine Supporter" comment that Budge has made. 

What is a genuine run of the mill Hearts fan and what do they stand for?  What do they stand for and what are they prepared to do in these troubled times?

I see some people saying the Genuine Supporter comment was aimed at Mikey Stewart.  I am sorry but having our owner rise to the bait from a so called pundit mirrors everything that's wrong with this club, unprofessional and reactionary.  Actually reading a lot of the statement if appears it's aimed at the Mikey Stewart and that is just crazy.  You almost wonder if Levein was standing next to Budge when she typed it out.

I think we are witnessing the end of Budge and Levein but it seems they will go as a package and it wont be anytime soon.

I actually agree about the owner rising to media/fan/pundit criticism/baiting. It's football, it's Scottish football and the form of the third biggest club in Scotland has been the worst in the top flight since October 2018 so what does she expect? People are obviously going to comment and people who pay huge sums of money to the club are obviously going to be unhappy. I'm disappointed that she lowered herself to that level.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

42 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I think she knows exactly what she’s doing. It’s not like an interview that got out of hand, the statement would have went through several drafts. She said what she meant and she meant what she said. Successful businesswoman and all that. 

What do you think she hopes to achieve by deliberately alienating the support?

14 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Been saying this for months. There is no interest in the normal working class fan from the Hearts board anymore. 

Absolutely disgusting from Budge. 

Bobby Charlton tried managing Preston N.E. failed miserably but has been a fabulous director of Man U. Jambo Al & Spellcheck are 2 peas in a pod. If you haven't money you don't count.

NaturalOrder74
8 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Seems to me that if "fans" behave like children they are treated like children .... and then complain because they are children.

What fans are you talking about here ? 

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Bobby Charlton tried managing Preston N.E. failed miserably but has been a fabulous director of Man U. Jambo Al & Spellcheck are 2 peas in a pod. If you haven't money you don't count.

14 hours ago,  Walter Bishop said: 

Been saying this for months. There is no interest in the normal working class fan from the Hearts board anymore. 

Absolutely disgusting from Budge. 

WTF are you on about? "working class" fan? Are you living in the 19th Century?

6 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

The whole thing is badly worded and extremely childish. Even the genuine supporter bit aside, the comments about not being strong etc are akin to saying no we’re no you are. 

If she wanted to say Levein has their support, a simple statement saying the form has not been good enough but the board believe Levein is still the right man to turn it around is all that was needed. 

Now the majority of us would have disagreed but ffs she doesn’t have make it worse. There was no need for that kind of statement. 

That's what kinda annoyed me the most tbh

I wonder in her business career would she have acted in the same way? 

Can you imagine the CEO statement on Newell & Budge annual accounts saying any of the following:-

- Sales are lower than projected for the third year running

- The Sales Director believes he can still meet target for the coming year despite first quarter sales being less than 20% of target and the lowest in the market when compared to the 11 other competitors in the market

- The Sales Director and the board are attributing the low sales figures to long term absence of key sales staff despite recruiting extra sales staff of equal or better standard

- Market feedback has indicated that our product is poor value for money but the board believe that it is a lack of understanding on the customers part and that the product development is on plan and moving in the right direction

- The overall financial position of the company is strong therefor we have every faith that the Sales Director will hit target in the coming year for the first time in 13 quarters 

14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I wondered where you were hiding but now your back defending the undefendable. Try taking off your Levein tinted glasses a see the harm Levein & co are doing to the Hearts.

Still incapable of reading Mitch? I've not been defending anything or anyone. Just giving my opinion and interpretation of Budge's statement. 

Is your pitchfork nice and sharp today?

Edited by Spellczech

Geoff Kilpatrick
20 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Are you ever going to say anything interesting Geoff?

Probably at the same time that you post something relevant.

10 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Can you imagine the CEO statement on Newell & Budge annual accounts saying any of the following:-

- The Sales Director believes he can still meet target for the coming year despite first quarter sales being less than 20% of target and the lowest in the market when compared to the 11 other competitors in the market

- The Sales Director and the board are attributing the low sales figures to long term absence of key sales staff despite recruiting extra sales staff of equal or better standard

- Market feedback has indicated that our product is poor value for money but the board believe that it is a lack of understanding on the customers part and that the product development is on plan and moving in the right direction

- The overall financial position of the company is strong therefor we have every faith that the Sales Director will hit target in the coming year for the first time in 13 quarters 

Good post which hopefully drives home to some where we are.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Probably at the same time that you post something relevant.

? even your witty repartee is boring as it means nothing...

Francis Albert
16 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Her job to see the big picture. If you want to properly wield the axe then you have to cease to just be a customer and become the owner. Once your money is where your mouth is you can do what you want. Until then she has the right to do what she wants...

The fans, "genuine" and otherwise, have through FoH alone put in at least 5 times as much money as Ann has and they don't get it back with interest.

Edited by Francis Albert

13 minutes ago, Ribble said:

That’s very good 👏 

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The fans, "genuine" and otherwise, have through FoH alone put in at least 5 times as much money as Ann has and they don't get it back with interest.

Indeed but we've taken 6 years to do it. She was the only one willing and able to stump up when it was urgent. I don't think anyone can be happy at the current situation but attacking Budge just feels wrong to me. Every November we bang on about never forgetting, yet the rest of the year it seems to be all we do...

Edited by Spellczech

14 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Yeah it’s absolutely laughable.

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed but we've taken 6 years to do it. She was the only one willing and able to stump up when it was urgent. I don't think anyone can be happy at the current situation but attacking Budge just feels wrong to me. Every November we bang on about never forgetting, yet the rest of the year it seems to be all we do...

Well said.

31 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

There are messages above, in this thread, which answer these questions, or at least give my interpretation of what is happening...This is a common JKB thing - people dive into the middle of a discussion and fire off a response to a single post. The context of a discussion is important. Same with Budge's statement - it is clear from the comments on here that many people got so incensed by the phrase "genuine fans" that they comment on that alone without looking at the context of it within her statement...

Ann Budge knows and accepts that 90% plus of fans in 4 of last weeks polls want Levein sacked as manager and with yesterdays statement she has chose to ignore our support. Ann Budge has now made herself to be the problem regarding her failure to get rid of an incompetent management of out team. I have been in correspondence with Ann on the 4 separate on-line polls and in her reply she  does not dispute the feelngs of our supporters views that Levein should be sacked. But she states everyone at Hearts is working hard for the club.

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

What is a ‘genuine Hearts fan’??

Someone who wants the best for Hearts and behaves and acts appropriately to achieve that??

Austin MacGlee
20 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It's someone that believes in the 'project' and supports the leadership of the club.  You also get bonus genuine fan points if you are wealthy.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

10 games.

Well, if that's the case the other 5 were successful. We are still in the lc. 

😂😂😂

Just now, 1874robbo said:

Ann Budge and about 8 posters on this forum.

You are probably right (although I’d put the number a lot lot higher than 8!)! Imagine if the others ever got a seat in the boardroom ... god help Hearts!

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Well, if that's the case the other 5 were successful. We are still in the lc. 

😂😂😂

Huzzah !!

Bonuses and new contracts all round !!

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

You are probably right (although I’d put the number a lot lot higher than 8!)! Imagine if the others ever got a seat in the boardroom ... god help Hearts!

Imagine those 8 got on the Board :o

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Huzzah !!

Bonuses and new contracts all round !!

You brought it up! 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

After that statement I don’t think he goes anywhere, even if we lose the next 2 games. Why alienate the support if you’re going to crumble a couple of losses later. 

Vote of confidence usually means a few key games to get things on track or that's it. 

Adam_the_legend
45 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed. At least we recognise our lack of importance. There are a lot of angry men on here who don't...

Just because I recognise it doesn’t mean I accept it. It’s bang out of order actually. She has, with a single very ill judged statement, has turned a lot of fans against her, some I suspect permanently. Just a crazy approach to take IMO. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

? even your witty repartee is boring as it means nothing...

You start the ad-hominems and I will return serve.

brunoatemyhamster

As someone said earlier, He's got these two games coming up and it's two wins or the door. This must be true. 

There is NO WAY that ANY plan has us being adrift at the foot of the table. 

She can bang on about how important the plan is all she want. There is NO WAY that plan has us playing in the championship at ANY point. 

Have we planned to pay Damours, Naismith, Washington, Walker etc wages in the Championship?

The plan is obviously fxxxed. 

I'm worried where this is heading now. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Just because I recognise it doesn’t mean I accept it. It’s bang out of order actually. She has, with a single very ill judged statement, has turned a lot of fans against her, some I suspect permanently. Just a crazy approach to take IMO. 

It seems that people like Spellczech are happy to accept any old shite because someone else says so. Each to their own.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Ann Budge is harming our club with her unexplainable defence of Levein that is the only reason she is being criticsized by so many. What you are saying is that because Ann loaned the FOH the money to save Hearts we the fans should never tell her she is wrong. Well my friend in this day and age we don't bow and tip our hat to a lady and say 'of course my lady your right' especially when she is wrong.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

You brought it up! 

So why ignore our league cup campaign if it can be used as a positive for Levein?

The goalposts move every week. Next 4 games. Next 2 games. The Derby. The next two are 'key' blah blah

Pretty soon it will be: "let's see what happens in the transfer window", "we can't sack him towards the end of the transfer window", "no point sacking him after the transfer window", "can re-asses in the summer"...and so it goes on.

The next two games are no more key than the last two, and the 12, 22, 32 that preceded it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

By the way, for those who said why name Michael Stewart, why shouldn't she have named Michael Stewart as she made it so bloody obvious she was referring to him without naming him? Stewart is a knobend but he obviously fired enough truth bullets to cause that reaction.

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Vote of confidence usually means a few key games to get things on track or that's it. 

That was WAY more than a VOC. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I didn't see any kind of ultimatum in the statement ?

The statement was a put down to grumbling fans and the media and showed no signs that any kind of change was being considered.

So Ann Budge is right and 90% Plus of our support is wrong. Our support consists of ex players, ex managers, ex directors, reporters, football analysts need i go on. She discounts the fans who have watched football for many decades because of this blind loyalty to Levein & co which she never showed to Cathro, thank god. So what next ? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I didn't see any kind of ultimatum in the statement ?

The statement was a put down to grumbling fans and the media and showed no signs that any kind of change was being considered.

The silly thing is she did give a very subtle vote of confidence at the start of the season.

Now she has a massive volte face from then. Feck knows why.

MarkDevriesScores4

If forking out thousands of pounds and having to sit through the utter dog**** we’re being served up doesn’t make us genuine fans, I’m lost as to what does.

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Adam_the_legend said:

That was WAY more than a VOC. 

Totally agree.

That was a "Get on message , guys. If you don't you're not a real fan. Suck it up . We have a plan , it's a good plan, it's a great plan . CL is a good man, a great man who will achieve great things. Just believe,  like me & the board do . Last season wasn't good because of injuries, lots of injuries, lots of terrible injuries.  This season , not so bad, but not good. But it will be good. Make Hearts great again". Applause.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

So Ann Budge is right and 90% Plus of our support is wrong. Our support consists of ex players, ex managers, ex directors, reporters, football analysts need i go on. She discounts the fans who have watched football for many decades because of this blind loyalty to Levein & co which she never showed to Cathro, thank god. So what next ? 

JKB does not equate to 90% of the support. Why do you just invent figures?

28 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I wonder if she was referring to those that don't graffiti threatening messages on walls and bridges?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

I wondered where you were hiding but now your back defending the undefendable. Try taking off your Levein tinted glasses a see the harm Levein & co are doing to the Hearts.

Yeah and owners doing what they wanted led us into the situation where she loaned the club the money to come out of administration.

Edited by Pasquale for King

32 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ann Budge knows and accepts that 90% plus of fans in 4 of last weeks polls want Levein sacked as manager and with yesterdays statement she has chose to ignore our support. Ann Budge has now made herself to be the problem regarding her failure to get rid of an incompetent management of out team. I have been in correspondence with Ann on the 4 separate on-line polls and in her reply she  does not dispute the feelngs of our supporters views that Levein should be sacked. But she states everyone at Hearts is working hard for the club.

You think she should sack people based on JKB polls? Seriously? 

We all are entitled to show anger, disillusionment, frustration etc and communicate it as we see fit. I'm a bit surprised that you take JKB polls to Ann Budge but I'm not going to say you are wrong to do it... The only thing open to debate is whether these demonstrations of emotion are unhelpful to the common cause, or downright threatening like "Hang Ann Budge" graffiti...Personally I booed at the end of the Motherwell game but not at halftime -  but that is my personal choice. I don't ask that people join me in my choices so why should everyone have to be waving pitchforks and calling for Levein's head? Levein is on a sticky wicket. He needs a turnaround and he needs it now, immediately.  I expect nobody knows this better than Levein and Budge...I don't think they need me to tell them, but maybe you feel they do need you to do so. That is your prerogative...Taking this a step further - Do I think Ann must listen to you? well, no...

BTW I don't think I voted in any of those 4 polls though I did write a comment on one thread

Edited by Spellczech

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Boris said:

I wonder if she was referring to those that don't graffiti threatening messages on walls and bridges?

The most convenient get out ever.

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ann Budge is quite right to do what she thinks is the right thing to do and not pander to what the support wants.  If it goes tits up she will carry the can so why not do it her way?

Just now, graygo said:

Ann Budge is quite right to do what she thinks is the right thing to do and not pander to what the support wants.  If it goes tits up she will carry the can so why not do it her way?

Her inexperience in footballing matters is shining through.